new years!!!

Happy New Years!

"Sowon-eonni! Where are the drinks?" Was the first thing Yerin asked when she came into their dorm. In her arms were bags of snacks and food to eat until the clock hit midnight; signifying the end of the decade and a start to the new year. The girl was perhaps too excited to drink considering how Yerin... let's say limited herself to not become absolutely drunk. When she did... that jsut became a whole new problem but tonight she was going to let loose! Of course, with Sowon looking over her, nothing should go wrong.

"Oh Yerin, I was waiting for you!" Sowon grinned, popping her head out from her bedroom door making Yerin's heart pound, "I need a favor from you..."

Yes! I mean... not yes because I haven't heard what you're about to say but I'll end up saying yes anyway.

"Can you get drinks for us?"

ah.

"Ehh??" Yerin exclaimed. Seriously? In all honesty though, Yerin would drop dead in front of Sowon if she asked for it. And not gonna lie, Yerin wasn't about to refuse the favor from her. No, it wasn't because she was scared of her or anything but because her little feelings inside her heart that seemed to grow every second. Yes. Yerin had a little crush on her tall leader. A scandal really but Yerin couldn't care less. Though coming out gay would be quite hard but she knew buddies would be supporting AND that they... probably guessed she was already gay BUT besides that, everything was good. Until she had a plan to confess to Sowon on New Years Day. Which was troublesome considering how Umji asked her for some help with SinB. That shouldn't foil her plans to confess though, right? I mean, Umji just needed SinB to stay away from her for the time being before... uhhh... well, whatever, she'll remember soon enough.

"Sure... but will I have to go alone?" Yerin pouted, showing off her glossy eyes that seemed to create a blush on Sowon's face. Unless it was her mind playing tricks on her but she hoped otherwise.

"Of course not!"

Hell yeah! Alone  time with my favorite person!

"SinB will be coming with you."

Or... not.

Not to say that SinB wasn't her favorite, no, because SinB was... well everyone is her favorite but Sowon is the best. The best of the best to say it simply.

"What?! I told you that I was going to spend time with Yewon!" SinB called from the couch as her arms s around the said girl's hips, pulling her closer to show Sowon what she meant. Ah... this only made the situation more complicated. If you didn't see it before, another member had on crush in the group. Specfically, Umji. No matter how much she liked SinB pulling her by the waist, Umji needed the girl to go with Yerin. She had a special surprise for her but Umji needed to be alone for a while.

"Yah! Just go with Yerin, you'll be back before midnight!"

"It's not that! I just..." SinB pursed her lips, cutting her sentence short. , Sowon really wouldn't let her stay. A sigh left , standing up as she walked over to Yerin and grabbed her jacket, "Let's go."

And with Yerin knowing Umji's plans, she immediately obliged and followed her out the door.

-

The weather wasn't too bad though it was still cold and windy. Yerin hid her face under the scarf deeper as they rode in the car with their manager. Her eyes stared out the window, admiring all the lights that were still hanging from Christmas though she knew that soon fireworks would cover the sky. The beautiful sky that reflected all the city lights. An ethereal sky that reminded her so much of Sojung. God... everywhere she went, Yerin thought of Sowon. She loved it though, thinking of the leader that kept her safe. Safe in any situation really.

"Hey Yerin-eonni, are you sleeping?" SinB whispered, tapping the girl on her shoulder.

"No, what's up?"

"oh... nothing." SinB smiled softly before turning back to the front. Yerin only continued to look out the window making that smile disappear. , she really needed some help... Oh but asking Yerin was perhaps too much? I mean with the girl's obvious plans to confess to Sowon, Yerin didn't need anymore problems added to her list. But maybe she does. Confessing to Yewon was an important thing, she could not mess it up. No. That wasn't an option, to mess up. The confession needed to be perfect, absolutely romantic!
First she would buy some fireworks. Second, SinB would bring Umji out to the roof, for alone time and watch the stars with her. Then finally, right when the clock hits midnight, she would set off fireworks and watch the other ones fly up into the sky only to explode into bright lights. Only then, SinB will confess and give Umji the most romantic kiss ever.

A bashful smile formed on her face, grinning madly as her cheeks grew hot. Just thinking of her plan made her embarrassed. Was Umji scared of fireworks though? Maybe that'd be better because the maknae would be all curled up in her arms, pressed against her and skin touching- SinB's imagination was going too far making her squeal in excitement.

"Eunbi-yah! I knew it!"

"YAH!" The said girl yelled out, jumping as Yerin popped next to her seat, "What the hell?!"

"YOU LIKE YEWON DON'T YOU?!"

...Oh. Okay, maybe she does yes... yeah, there was no way to deny it. SinB was defintely in love with Umji, not like! But love. She knew it from the first win they gotten. The tears that escaped all their eye yet Umji looked like she needed protection. Especially after all the comments so she would be the one to give her love. Except that all the eonni's already give her ing love! But! SinB would be the first one to actually kiss her. Yes. Positive thoughts only.

"Wh- where did that come from?!" SinB still stuttered even after admitting to her feelings in her head.

"OH MY GOD! MY SHIP IS GOING TO SAIL!!! I'm proud of you my gay buddy!"

"YAH! Wha- What are you saying?!" The girl's curiousity grew. Her "ship" will sail? Did that mean... no way. No way in the world Umji would like her back but SinB hoped so. Because she wouldn't know what to do if Umji didn't like her. Oh god! The possibilities! No no no! If Umji really didn't like her then their friendship would be all awkward and Umji... ugh... it was all just so... complicated. All the signs are there though, SinB was extremely confident that the feelings were mutual between them. She could tell by the gaze in Umji's eyes, the way it sparkles differently when they're together. Especially alone. That amazing heart racing look that Umji gave her everytime they cuddled every though they were in different dorms. Damn. They already sounded like a couple.

"Don't lie to me Hwang Eunbi! I see the way you look at Yewon! That loving look!!" Yerin yelled in excitement as they pulled into a parking lot. "Don't worry! I'm sure your confession will go well tonight!"

"How-"

"I know everything. Even Eunha's crush on Yuju which kinda because Yuju-yah is oblivious to lot's of things, especially love."

Hold up- WHAT?! How did this fit all so perfectly?! First Yerin and Sowon... then her and... hehe Umji, and Eunha and Yuju?! Gladly there are six people in this group or else there would be a fifth wheeler. Wait. Eunha likes Yuju?

"Oh - Don't tell Eunha I told you about her crush."

"Ye-"

"Come on girls, lets get the things and leave quickly."

-

"ACHOO! I feel like someone's talking about me!" Eunha sneezed as she rubbed her nose.

"Bless you- anyway, Yerin and SinB had been gone for a while, huh?" Sowon mentioned, clinking the empty wine glasses together and their soju cups. "I haven't gotten drunk in a while and you brats make my life difficult so I NEED THIS!"

Umji and Yuju laughed at their leader's remark, holding each other close as Yuju whispered into Umji's ear. A small giggle escaped the two making Eunha frown. Damn it... maybe Yuju doesn't like her. But it was hard to tell what the girl was feeling. Though Yuju was feeling alot of things Eunha didn't know about. Even if they were past roommates that didn't exactly mean Eunha was all knowing about the girl. But it helped her understand her feelings for Yuju and how the girl acts in some ways I guess. It saddens her how sometimes Yuju takes an abnormally long time to shower but she's only staring at the wall, watching the droplets race against each other. Or how Yuju stays late in the practice room and cries without them knowing. She hates it really. She hated how Yuju never told her about her cries or her... thoughts. Okay, maybe knowing that Yuju stares at the wall in the shower is a bit weird but they always went into the bathroom with each other at times so she was used to it.

"What's so funny?" Eunha finally spoke as Sowon got up to do something.

"Your height."

"Yah! Middle finger to you Choi Yuna!" She stuck her tongue out only for Yuju to flick her on the forehead.

"Language miss Jung Eunbi."

Puffing out her cheeks, Eunha turned her head away from Yuju and Umji; moving to the couch as she was desperate to not see the couple flirt. Flirt? Surely they weren't actually flirting... right? They couldn't be. Hell, Eunha would like it better that they were making fun of her height inside of flirting! Oh hell no! Choi Yuna was not flirting with Umji.

"Eunha-yah~~ stop being such a cute baby." Yuju whined; letting go of Umji and instead walked to Eunha.

"Can't help it Choi Yuna, you stop being so close to Yewon!" Eunha scooted away from Yuju who was only moving closer.

"Don't be like this! I want my favorite girl to be next to me when two zero, two zero starts!"

Favorite? Huh? Is this real? Was she actually Yuju's favorite? Oh my god, it's a dream come true! Eunha could feel the blood pounding in her ears and her heart throbbing and shaking inside her chest as if it were about explode. Which it almost did as Yuju placed her arm around her waist. Was it the best day ever? Hell yes!  Yuju was holding her, Jung Eunbi, in her arms?! Choi Yuna was just too irresistible! Her love for the singer only grew as Yuju moved her chin on her shoulder, lips right next to her ear.

"do you like this?"

huh... of course I like this! Oh my god, so close !

"yu- yuna... I-"

"Eonni~ I'm tired, let me sleep in your room..." Yuju whined as she moved closer into the crook of Eunha's neck, "take a nap with me or something."

Such simple words yet Eunha was melting. . She was so whipped for Yuju. Also, taking a nap with Yuju in her own bed? The best thing she could ask for on New Years, excluding the thought of Yuju liking her back. But if that thought was real then she'd love reality more than she already did. How much more could Yuju make her fall for her? It was almost impossible not to fall for her charm. Like Umji! Yuju always seemed so close to the maknae yet Umji never developed feelings for Yuju. She... hoped at least. Umji looks like to type to fall for Yuju, considering on how the girl's eyes always brightens up whenever she sees her or... when Umji is close by Yuju, she has that blush hidden on her face. But the signs... they were there. That Umji liked Yuju. No way... it couldn't be possible... right? I mean... Umji... huh.

"Eunbi? I'm sorry, do you not want me next to you or something? I can get off if you want me to." The girl next to her pouted and despite not hearing an answer, Yuju moved herself.

And to her quick moves and instinct, Eunha's hand lashed out, grabbing onto Yuju's arm. Her eyes stared deep into those of Yuju's. As if she were inspecting them, like there was some hidden meaning behind the pupils of the main vocalist. It would be a lie to say Eunha saw nothing because there was definitely a flicker, a shine almost, that Eunha spotted right when she grabbed Yuju's arm. Was it worry? Panick? Gay panick? Or was it just plain Yuju being surprised? Eunha didn't miss how Yuju tensed up immediately at the touch. There was no other way, Yuju definitely felt something for her. Either good or bad but Eunha hoped for the best.

"Stay with me..." Eunha confessed shyly, "and don't fall asleep!"

Yuju slowly moved down as she sat back next to Eunha. Her eyes were still locked on the blushing girl, confused on why she was blushing. This was really nothing to blush about. All Yuju did was sit back down? I mean, seriously, why would Eunha blush? Was it because of her? Oh. A possibility, yes, but a low chance. Hah, Eunha liking her. Such a crazy thought. The girl didn't seem like the type to like her more Eunha always liked Sowon. Right? There was this one time when Eunha had said directly to her, "Oh yeah, Sojung would totally be the best girlfriend." and whoever says that wouldn't be lying. Right?

"hm... cute."

Cute? Yes, Eunha was very cute. Especially her cheeks that seemed so pinchable and like jelly. All she wanted to do was hold Eunha's face in her hands and let it sit there. Warm and comforting, just like the girl herself. What was this though? Her heart beat so fast after having Eunha cross her mind. How could it not though? With Eunha's beautiful face and her amazing personality, not to mention her angelic voice... how could it not beat so fast? Jung Eunbi honestly made her heart race against her chest, pounding continously until she left her sight. Which because Yuju needed Eunha by her side all the time.

oh.

"Yahoo! We're back just before midnight! Where's Sowon-eonni?" Yerin busted in the doors, startling the couple on the couch. They looked back at SinB and Yerin with angry gazes making the pair confused. But a small smirk grew on both their faces simulatanously as they knew about Eunha's little crush on Yuju. And looking how Yuju had that same angry gaze, makes Yerin believe the feelings were mutual. Just like SinB and Umji.

Oh, goddess'. Hopefully tonight will go well because damn, Jung Yerin was about to become cupid. Literally, she was setting up SinB and Umji all while indirectly helping Eunha and Yuju get together! She loved it so very much but having Sowon at the back of her mind made her a bit anxious. What if Sowon likes one of them? Yerin doesn't want to hurt her leader's feelings, no way in hell she'll do that. But that meant hurting other people's feelings... hm... maybe this was more complicated than she thought.

"Yerin..." Oh , what the ? Yerin flinched as arms wrapped around her waist, snaking across her stomach leaving that tingling feeling along the trail. A warm but minty breath hit her ear making Yerin shiver. "took you long enough to get those drinks, huh?" Yerin turned her head slowly to the side, stiffening once she figured out who the voice was. The same girl of her dreams that looked ethereal in her eyes. No, Sowon looked like a goddess in everyone's eyes. Sophrodite. Yes. Perfect name for the perfect girl, the perfect beauty.

"So- sorry..."

"Just be glad you didn't come late after sharing lips with SinB!" Sowon joked, ruffling Yerin's bangs to a messy state. Only a blush formed on her face as she opened to retort back... until Umji stood up from a chair, face red with an emotion Yerin couldn't place and left the room; leaving everyone in confusion. Even Yerin herself was confused... before she processed what Sowon had said.

sharing lips with SinB... oh no.

Yerin's eyes widened as she took a step to fix the problem that Umji had thought was real. No. Yerin definitely wouldn't kiss SinB if Umji liked her, the girl wouldn't kiss her because she liked Sowon! But if she didn't, then maybe Yerin would- anyway, that wasn't the point.

"Sowon-eonni! We didn't kiss! Now look what you did, Yewon's... mad?" SinB's voice contained anger at first but as she slowly said the words, a blush was heated onto her face. "Oh my god, was Umji angry?"

The latter only gave SinB a curious look before she went off to follow Umji.

"Hey! Fix this soon! The countdown is going to start." Sowon yelled weakly, letting out a sigh and collapsing onto Yerin's shoulder, "Ugh, these maknaes... their feelings for each other are so obvious!"

Yeah. Yeah they were. The maknaes flirted without even knowing and the blushes on their faces whenever they get a little too close betrayed their feelings for each other. Literally everyone in the house knew that SinB and Umji liked each other. Except for Eunha because she, my friends, pays too much attention to Yuju. Which is also why Sowon was in on a plan to help Eunha and Yuju get together, just like Yerin. Though she hasn't told anyone yet but the leader decided to do it discreetly.

"Sowon-eonni, I need a HUGE favor from you... can you do it?" The small girl came to her in the middle of night, standing at the foot of her bed. A sigh escaped the girl's lips, getting up from her bed as she nodded tiredly.

"depends on what you're asking..."

Eunha fidgeted in her spot, blushing immediately at the words. Was it something to really be embarrassed of? Not really but Eunha couldn't help but squeal at her plan to confess to Yuju on New Years, right when the clock hit midnight. Romantic, right? The girl picked at her own hands, smiling subconsciously as she lifted her head up to look Sowon in the eyes.

"Can you help me confess to Yuju on New Years? All I want is for you to get everyone out of the living room before the clock hits midnight and then I'll confess to her..."

Sowon's ears perked up at the word 'confess' and sat up straight in her bed. Confess? Why did it seem like everyone in the group had feelings for one another? First, the very obvious maknaes that seemed to miss the signals they gave each other all the time. Now Eunha and Yuju? It was only her and Yerin left that had no romantic interest. Though Yerin was so flirty that Sowon couldn't tell if she liked anyone.

The plan that Eunha just composed wasn't that complicated at all though. Knowing SinB, she was probably planning something for Umji and Yerin... Yerin... Why did saying her name make her suddenly aware of how fast her heart was beating? Probably because of the potential crush the girl could have on her? Ah... It was complicated with Yerin though. After switching dorms, she felt as if they weren't as close as before. She had to admit, her eyes looks at the girl whenever Yerin is distracted. But the tension between them wasn't exactly awkward but it was just that it was... was only awkward for Sowon; made her distracted in a way. Well, whatever. As a leader, she just brushed it off so she could do the same with Yerin. Just brush her off to the side so Eunha can confess to Yuju.

Perfect steps to Eunha's mastermind plan!

"Hm... why not? I'll be cupid for that night."

Little did Sowon know that Yerin was already cupid. But they could be partners-in-crime... or cupids-in-crime.

-

"Yewon-ah? I know you're in here, this is my room you know." SinB laughed, opening the door though it was locked. A frown formed on her face, still turning the handle yet it would not budge. Luckily, she had a picklock somewhere to unlock her doors in whatever situation. Just that... she might've forgot where she put it?  SinB crossed her arms as she tapped her foot, thinking of the last place she put it. Was it there? No... maybe there? Definitely not. Yerin might have it because she tried to sneak into Sowon's room? Nope. Well the last one could be true but Yerin would've put it back where she found it.

On the otherside of the door, Umji stood at it with her forehead against the door. Her ears listened to SinB's impatient taps and frowned. SinB couldn't be angry... no because this was such a stupid thing to angry about. Ugh, but she was angry too! Jealous I should mention. Did SinB really kiss Yerin? Even when she asked the girl for help... but Yerin liked Sowon... did it have to be this complicated and spiralling? Really, this situation should be easy! And confessing to SinB should be easy too but she couldn't because SinB could like Yerin! 

"Kim Yewon... let me in my room please? I don't want to be alone for New Years my baby."

thump thump
thump thump

Her... baby?

"Yewon, don't ignore me please... I had a special plan for us and it needs to happen now or it's too late... so come out, please?" SinB silently prayed from behind the door, eyes closed and hands pressed together. Though they soon opened as Umji creaked the door open with puffed cheeks and tears at the corners of her eyes.

"Fine. Only because you said please."

"Great! Hurry up and take my hand, maknae-yah."

Umji rolled her eyes, taking it before SinB dragged her out into the living room. They whipped past all the members, who were asking where they were going yet SinB still didn't answer, and dashed for the stairs. Umji was already out of breath by the time they reached the top, panting but SinB kept on pulling her hand. It felt like they were on an adventure though. An exciting one at that. Like they were... running from a huge monster or something, weaving through all the people who were in the halls. And as they exited, a cold wind kissed Umji's cheeks causing her to close her eyes.

"Come on Yewon! There's no one up here." SinB jumped, stretching her arms out before spinning in circles with that beautiful laughter of hers. Umji's eyes couldn't help but light up, admiring the sight before her. How SinB oh so clearly shined like a pearl underneath the soft moonlight. Her laughs filling the empty air around them as midnight inched closer and closer. Her heartbeat pounded in her ears, red tinting her cheeks as soon as SinB looked at her.

"Sit with me Kim Yewon and watch the sky as it lights up."

The said girl smiled, eyes curving into the moon above them and walked over to sit next to her. Laying her head on SinB's shoulders, Umji couldn't help but squeal mentally as SinB wrapped her arms around her small, curled up body.

I love you so much Hwang Eunbi. When will you realize my feelings?

Kim Yewon, just marry me already.

"Wha- what about the other eonni's? Won't they be mad for us-"

"Shhh... I'm the one here with you and if you talk about them again, I'll be jealous." She placed a finger on Umji's lips, her heart racing as the texture and touch of Umji's lips were burned in to her mind.

Silence filled the air between them, smiling bashfully as SinB kissed the crown of Umji's head. Even with the small and affectionate gesture, Umji kept silent, not wanting to ruin the moment. The sweet sweet moment that Umji wanted to last forever. Time ticked slowly, the hand on the clock moving like a snail. SinB took a peek at her phone, watching how the seconds neared to midnight.

30...

25...

15...

As soon as the clock hit five seconds before midnight, SinB leaned close to Umji's ear. Her lips dangerously close to Umji's as SinB whispered the seconds slowly.

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

-

A little bit before midnight, Eunha gave Sowon a look regarding her plan. She knew the leader had something in mind by the clear smirk on Sowon's face; giving Eunha a small thumbs up. Rubbing her hands together, to get rid of her anxiety and nerves that seemed to pump through her veins like there was no tomorrow. Ah... she was really doing this. It finally processed through her mind of what she was doing. Eunha was confessing to Yuju. Her love, for goodness sake. What if she really did reject her? The tension would be heavy and Eunha really didn't want to cry tonight.

"Oh look it's midnight soon!" Sowon called out, snapping Eunha out of her thoughts. And the leader was right. A minute or two before 2020 started yet Yerin and Sowon were not out of the room. Her eyes pleaded for the leader to leave but all Sowon was doing was taking drinks into her hands and downing them before... oh.

"mhm... Yerin-ah~ come with me." In an abrupt manner, Sowon took Yerin's arm and dragged her off to somewhere in the dorm. But at least it wasn't where Eunha and Yuju were because the countdown was starting.

Was it too late to back out now? Everytime Yuju gave her a look or even a smile made her heart race like crazy, made her mind completely flustered; unable to actually think. Eunha bit her lip softly, taking Yuju's hands and holding them in her small ones. Her fingertips graced alongside Yuju's palms, massaging the area almost.

"Yu- Yuna..." Eunha had the urge to look up at the girl but her mind was failing to do so. Her eyes stayed glued to the ground and face burning up like a fire. A fire hot enough to burn that little heart inside of Eunha's body. The pounding was more clear in her ears now, throbbing as Eunha raced against time. Now? No... too early. But she didn't want to be too late. Ugh, she needed to look at Yuju! But she couldn't! Choi Yuna's beauty was out of this world and it made her eyes blessed, yet Eunha couldn't find the courage to look her in the eyes.

"hey, look at me?" The latter whispered, her head tilting down to get a better look at Eunha. "I want to see your eyes eunbi-yah."

The said girl could practically hear the smile in Yuju's voice, succumbing to her charm and turned her head upwards. Eunha's eyes widened as Yuju leaned in close, as if she was about to kiss the girl. The tip of their noses touched, breaths mingling with each others as they both fought on who would kiss first. Just a few more seconds then Eunha would finally be able to kiss her long-time crush that only developed into love.

Kiss me Choi Yuna.

Do you want this? Because I do.

-

"So- Sowon eonni! Are you drunk or something?" Yerin yelped as Sowon pushed her into her own bedroom causing Yerin to stumble and almost hit the ground.

The older girl gave Yerin a glare, closing the door shut. A sigh escaped Sowon's lips and a smile formed big on her face. Finally! All the plans were going well and Eunha would finally confess to Yuju! Just the thought made Sowon excited, excited to see her kids grow up like this. Though Eunha's taste in women are a bit weird considering Choi Yuna was the weirdest in the group but not in a bad way, mind you. At times, Yuju was pretty hot, Sowon had to admit it.

"Eonni? Hey! Don't we need to..." Yerin slowed her sentence down as Sowon took a step towards her. With intimidating eyes, Sowon pressed a finger against Yerin's lips while looking at her closed door.

"shhh... we don't want to disturb their confession!"

"Confession? Wait, Eunha is confessing to Yuju?!"

Sowon gave Yerin a look that said 'of course idiot' and smiled right after. Laughter erupted from , trying her best not to get too loud for the couple just outside. Why was this so funny? Not sure actually but Sowon just loved the way Yerin sounded so confused. Honestly, it was cute. Cute. Yes, Yerin was cute... It felt weird to think it in her mind, saliva building up in as Sowon forgot to swallow. Was it really so weird? She'd thought Yerin was cute before but right now, her heart was beating abornomally fast. This wasn't normal... what was wrong with her?

"Obviously! I had a plan to set them up because Eunha asked me to!" Sowon brushed off her thoughts and yelled in triumph.

"What? I'm supposed to be cupid today! I set up SinB and Umji just so they could have their little time and Umji could get that gift for SinB!" Yerin fought back, eyes sparking with Sowon's.

Though laughs soon came from the pair, cackling as they linked arms around one another. When they touched, Yerin could almost feel her adrenaline spike, lightning racing through her veins just from a simple touch that Sowon did by accidentally brushing her hand against her thigh. A blush plastered across Yerin's face, ears burning up immediately after the contact.

"Yerin? Yah! Why are you so red?!" Sowon panicked, hands pressed all over the girl's face, "Are you sick? There's no way you could get sick right now..."

A nervous laughter left , rubbing the back of her neck as if Yerin was trying to get something off. Her lips pursed and eyes glanced to the clock by Sowon's bed. , midnight was getting close. As in, a few seconds close. RIght now. She had to do it right now. Confess! Confess you coward, do it! Yerin opened to talk, head tilted up towards Sowon who stopped touching her face.

"Ye- Yerin?" She could see it clearly, almost too clearly, the change in her eyes. The way that playful glint disappeared and replaced with an emotion that Sowon didn't know. Or didn't want to accept. Was it... affection? Yerin's eyes almost... shined at her in a way. It gleamed and was blazing like a fire in... love. She'd seen this look before yet when Yerin looked at her now it seemed so much stronger. That look that made Sowon feel... exhilarated. She was excited? Why excitement? Couldn't it have been a different emotion? What was this?

"Sojung, can you please close your eyes?"

"I-"

"no arguments sowon... please? just do as i say."

And as Yerin asked, Sowon obeyed. Though she was hesitant, Sowon knew that Yerin wouldn't do anything bad; hell, she felt her heart pumping harder than before. The girl turned stiff once Yerin layed her hands on her shoulders, feeling Yerin go on her toes. She was leaning upward for something. What was it though? Sowon flinched as she felt her breath on her own face, however, it was calming to have Yerin breath on her somehow. It made her relaxed. Come on, Sowon's patience was shortening, gulping as she waited for Yerin to do whatever she was doing. Ah... you know what? Sowon's curiousity got the best of her, eyes opening and immediately widening; feeling a softness on her lips. Her eyes stared at Yerin's closed ones before she closed her own.

Was Yerin... kissing her? Because she liked it... she liked it a lot.

As Sowon processed the events, her arms s around Yerin's waist and pulled her closer than before; earning a small yelp from the girl. Sowon smiled between their sloppy kisses, responding back as she pressed harder against Yerin.

"sojung..." Yerin took a quick breath, even so, Sowon only pulled her back and locked their lips one more time. After a few seconds, Sowon broke the kiss and pressed her forehead against Yerin's. Their breathing matched each other along with their heartbeats. A small blush formed on Yerin's cheeks before stuffing her face into Sowon's chest who laughed at the action.

"I think I like you, Jung Yerin."

-

"Eunbi... are the fireworks going to be loud?" Umji whispered back a minute before the countdown started. The girl found herself curled up in SinB's arms, comfortable against her chest.

"I'll cover your ears." SinB simply said, continuing to countdown. She wanted to see Umji's face more clear but the girl kept on taking looks from out of her chest to see if the fireworks were going to go off. SinB's heart squeezed at the actions, blessed on how cute Umji really was. The girl was so... innocent and precious at times. So vunerable. Which is why SinB declared, after winning their very first award, that she was going to protect Umji and love her. And that love, turned into something more. Not that sisterly love or that protection love. It was real. It is real. That thumping in her heart everytime Umji gave her a simple look. SinB loved Kim Yewon with all her heart and she couldn't bare to hold it in anymore.

3...

2...

1...

"happy new years." SinB whispered before covering Umji's ears completely from the sounds of the popping fireworks. But she could see in the younger's eyes how they shined at the beautiful sight. Colors played with the night sky, dancing around and crackling like meat on a barbeque. Large fireworks shooting up into the air and turning into those beautiful stars that Umji adored so much. But as beautiful as the fireworks were, Umji was better; extraordinary. Her lips pursed at the sight before looking up at SinB who was only looking back at her.

SinB's heart was beating too fast. Now, she was going to make her move now. Or else she'd lose her chance. A smile formed on her lips before leaning down towards Umji and surprisingly the girl did the same: moving up to become closer. SinB slowly closed her eyes and as she moved her lips closer, SinB kept her hands on Umji's ears; muffling the sound of fireworks. Everything happened so fast, lips connected and eyes closed. All SinB wanted to do was really be in the moment with Umji, pressing harder against her lips as Umji wrapped her arms around her neck.

Finally. It felt so good to have her lips against hers. It was everything SinB wanted, how they felt so lucious and smooth. The red plump lips she'd always wanted to taste was now hers. The girls pulled away with desire lingering between them, a smile being shared to one another.

"Eunbi..." Umji was breathless after the kiss, admiring the beauty in front of her. Fireworks were still going and the lights seemed to chisel SinB's face more than it already was.

"do you... like me?"

SinB laughed at her question, pulling Umji in for a quick peck on the lips before giving her a tight hug.

"of course dummy."

A blush appeared on Umji's cheeks, a deeper red than before as a shy smile curved on her lips.

"because I like you too..." Umji confessed; feeling another kiss on her head. The action was simple but affectionate, loving the way SinB held her in her arms, swayying side to side. She had a desire to taste the girl's lips again and stole another kiss. This time, the kiss was filled with something more than just love but not exactly lust. Umji was content. Finally, their feelings were now confessed to one another and it was mutual!

"Kim Yewon! Do you like my lips better than you like me?" The latter joked before earning a small smack on her shoulder.

"Hey! I just wanted another kiss... speaking of which, I have a gift for you Eunbi-yah." Umji pulled away from SinB, much to her disappointment, but that disappointment turned into glee as she watched Umji take out a necklace from her pocket, "For you... I... I was going to give it to you when I confessed but it looks like you did that first." She laughed before flicking her hand to tell SinB to turn around. The latter followed her orders and tilted her head down as she watched Umji wrap the necklace around her neck and connect it together. The charm with it was a small sun that appeared in shine in any light. Simple but cute, just like Umji.

"I wanted to give you a sun so you can look forward to every morning. Or you could think of it as I'm your sunshine~" Umji gave a cheeky smile before stealing another kiss from the blushing girl.

"Aww~ You're so cute Yewonnie!" SinB cooed and held her in her arms once more.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you!"

"Eunbi... we just got together and you're already thinking about that?"

-

Kiss me Choi Yuna.

Do you want this? Because I do.

The tip of their noses were close, touching almost but the distance only shortened as Eunha closed her eyes ready for impact. Except, there was nothing. And in replace of that desirable kiss, fireworks popped off outside, startling the two girls in the living room.

"Oh, it's 2020! Happy New Years Jung Eunbi!" Yuju hopped, bouncing back from Eunha to look outside the window.

Damn it! Were they about to kiss? Because Eunha hoped so. She watched as the girl waved her over to watch the fireworks, which she obliged to but in her heart, Eunha was still disappointed. Why does it feel like something always goes wrong whenever her and Yuju are about to do something? It hurt in a way. Inside, deep deep inside, her heart hurt. Eunha pressed her lips together, smiling though forced as Yuju pointed at the popping colors.

"Eunha? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Eunha answered flatly, deadpanning towards Yuju with a fake smile, "It's New Years! I'm as happy as I could be." No. She wasn't. A simple lie that easily came out of . She didn't want to lie but Eunha couldn't exactly tell Yuju she wanted kiss, could she?

"Why are you lying to me?"

And . Maybe her days of hoping for Choi Yuna to like her back was finally over. Eunha felt her smile fall and eyes averted from Yuju's. She couldn't bare to look her in the eyes anymore. Because her own were full of disappointment and pain. She didn't want Yuju to see that either, she couldn't the mood of New Years. It should be a happy time! And perhaps in another world, her other self already confessed to Yuju and the girl... maybe or maybe not accepted her feelings. But that wasn't this world. She felt cowardly, shy. Eunha was scared. Scared of rejection and if she did get rejected then what would happen? Would Yuju hate her? Would she be disgusted?

"hey, hey... what's wrong?" Yuju quickly acted, holding Eunha's shoulder as she tried to look the girl in her eyes. However, Yuju soon stiffened at the sight of tears dripping from Eunha's eyes, "Eunbi...? Hey hey... why are you crying?" The girl used her thumb to swipe at the tears but Eunha shook her head.

"It's nothing." Eunha smiled bitterly.

"Obviously not! You're crying! What's wrong my bunny?" And Yuju didn't miss that forced smile, cupping Eunha's cheeks to make the girl stop avoiding her eyes. She wanted Eunha to look at her but it was painful to see her girl cry. No, don't cry. Please don't cry. Yuju rubbed the tears away and smiled softly at the girl. "Whatever it is... you can tell me, okay? I'll always be there for you Eunbi. Even if I'm not there in your arms, i'm here." Yuju placed a hand over her heart, "I'm right here."

"I..." Eunha was frustrated, tired of her stupid self crying and making Yuju worried! But it felt good to have her dote on her like this and Eunha felt at ease once Yuju told her those words.

"Eunbi?"

Tears continued to roll down her cheeks, looking Yuju straight in the eyes.

"I don't like it when you cry."

"It hurts Yuna. It hurts right here." Eunha took Yuju's hand and placed it on her chest, making the girl able to feel her heart thump. It was pounding too hard and too fast. And yes, Eunha had to admit that her heart was nervous. No matter how scared she is or how nervous she was, Eunha was going to confess to Yuju. She had to. Not tomorrow. Not the day after. Right now.

"My heart hurts because of you." Even so, hot tears couldn't help but fall. So effortlessly. The fireworks had already stopped and it felt as if her chance was over. Eunha was too late. It was too late to confess now. Sowon and Yerin are probably together by now, same with the maknaes. Yet she... she was cowardly. Because of her stupid fear.

"Eunbi..." Yuju's eyes were full of pain as soon as the words came out of . What did she do? She didn't know. She wanted know but Eunha wouldn't tell her. Should she do it now? What she'd been planning all this time? Truth be told, Yuju wanted to kiss her. So much. Should she confess first? Don't usually confessions start with a kiss or was it too basic and cliche? But right now, Yuju couldn't worry about that as Eunha was crying because of her. Because of her waiting too late. The moment... was now.

The tears still fell as Eunha flinched from the sudden touch. Her eyes soon went wide as Yuju quickly cupped her cheeks and pressed her lips against hers. Wait what? Was this real? This was real... right? Was Choi Yuna kissing her? Eunha stood frozen, unable to process the moment. It was definitely real. The way Yuju moved so effortlessly against her lips, waiting for a response though Eunha was as still as stone. Her hands relaxed, dropping to her sides as she closed her eyes; letting Yuju do all the kissing. To her disappointment, the magical kiss had to end but her heart lifted as Yuju gave her a soft smile.

"I'm sorry I waited so long. I wanted to do that since earlier." Yuju blushed, biting her lip as Eunha gave her this type of look.

"You should be sorry Choi Yuna! But luckily I love you so you're off the hook!"

Yuju froze at her words, the tip of her ears burning up. Oh my god. She just confessed her love. Just like that? How? Just a few seconds ago, Eunha felt so vunerable and so... small. But she knew it. She knew Eunha would eventually slip and confess. Like her. She had to admit, she herself was a bit clumsy with her words.

"You're so cute, I love you too Jung Eunbi!"

Sudden claps came from around the corner, four hands to be exact as Sowon and Yerin emerged from the room. A bright smile shined on their faces as Yuju and Eunha burned up like a tomato.

"Ya- Yah! How long were you standing there?!" Eunha exclaimed only earning a throaty laughter from Yerin.

"After I, Jung Yerin, confessed my love to Kim Sojung!" Yerin grinned in victory but Sowon thought otherwise. The girl hit her shoulder playfully and threw her arm around Yerin's shoulder.

"Technically...  I confessed first and she kissed me first."

"But you said "I think I like you" while I said I love you WITHOUT THE THINK!" Yerin fought back causing the whole room to erupt in laughter.

The door creaked open to all the girls laughing as SinB and Umji walked in with messy hair. Their faces flushed and embarrassed but with their hands clasped together, the embarrassment soon went away.

"Hey gays-"

"OH MY GOD! WERE YOU GUYS MAKING OUT OR SOMETHING?!" Yuju called them out making Eunha nudge her shoulder. But the girl couldn't hide her laughs, puffing air into her cheeks to prevent it from coming out. Turns out, holding in laughter is not a good idea. It's best just to let it all out before spitting everywhere.

"YAH! No! We... well, we were but that's not the point!" SinB stomped her foot before fully entering the door, "Someone came up while we were kissing and told us to scram and then said "kids these days can't hold in their hormones"..."

Sowon made a face that said 'what the hell' and grabbed on to Yerin's shoulder to stop herself from falling to the ground. Literally, everyone was dying because of the maknaes. Their hair was all messed up, lipstick all over each other's faces and their cheeks red with awkwardness. And out of no where, Eunha gasped and pulled Yuju with her towards a room. The girls were left in confusion but a smirk on Yerin's face told them what was happening.

"Oh my god... are they really-"

"Eh? Why is Eunha-eonni pulling Yuju-eonni towards the bedroom?" Umji asked curiously. SinB turned her head away from Umji, whistling awkwardly as Eunha came back with a camera in hand. More specifically, a polaroid.

"Let's take pictures! And no Yerin-eonni, we were not about to do that." Eunha said with a threatening smile.

The girls got into a little group, pressed together as Eunha held the camera. They all smiled, honestly worried how the picture would come out considering how they couldn't see it being taken. A few seconds went by and Eunha still hadn't taken the picture making Sowon grab the camera instead.

"Eunha's arm is too short, let me handle this." Sowon said, quite shamelessly as Eunha quickly hit her though softly before Sowon made her pose for the picture.

"Yuju-yah~~ Sowon-eonni pushed me!"

"Eh? What am I supposed to do about that?"

"BWAHAH! Yuna! Do you really know nothing about relationships? Me and Sowon are already-"

"Yerin-ah! Stop talking and let me talk the picture!!"

"No no! Let Yerin-eonni continue! What were you saying?"

"Huh? What do you... oh no. Yerin-eonni, are you talking about what I think you're talking about?"

"HEY STOP TAINTING OUR MAKNAE'S MIND!"

"YAH BE QUIET I'M TRYING TO TAKE THE PICTURE! NOW SAY HAPPY NEW YEARS!"

 

"Happy New Years, from Gfriend!"

 

 

-

happy late new years! I still really wanted to post this cliche- oneshot because I needed some fluff in my life and I couldn't sleep.
enjoy and have a good life! :D