stomp stomp

time flies like an arrow (fruit flies like a banana)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein is not a kid person.

 

It's not that she hates kids. She just isn't a kid person, though many people would argue that she's a kid person.  Sure they're cute and she doesn't mind them when they behave (she finds it hilarious when they don't). And she doesn't mind  talking to them, but she never goes out of her way to interact with them unless they interact wiith her first (she's not completely heartless). 

 

So when she was sitting in the park, sketchbook in hand, trying to draw the two stupid ducks that kept on swimming by, she didn't think any of It but annoyance when a little kid just plops down in front of her two ducks and refused to move even when the adult with her was trying to pick her up. She tries her best to ignore them, trying instead to focus on the scenery.

 

"C'mon, Shia-yah," she hears the woman grunt, trying to lift the kid with one arm.

 

"No!" The little girl, Shia, screams. "I don't know you! I want my omma!"

 

Wheein's pencil freezes on the page when she heard the little girl scream those words, feeling a chill down her spine. She goes to the corner of her page, ducks be damned, and starts writing down their description. She squints trying to figure out any distinguishing marks (other than the woman's grape hair). She can see a tiny mole on the child's chin. She makes note of it.

 

"You're omma is in rehearsals right now," Grapehead says.

 

The little girl remains stubborn, arms crossed, and pouting. Wheein bites her lip as she looks around, trying to spot any other people, but of course there wouldn't be. She chose this secluded area for that very same reason. She can still hear Grapehead trying to convince the little girl to move, but the little girl remains hunkered down, giving Wheein some relief. At least if they had to fight grapehead she knows they'll both go down swinging.

 

She grabs her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter