Purple and Red

Just One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sound of camera clicking can be heard everywhere, flash that could blind people's eyes. Plus, all screaming name of someone that is standing right in the middle.

“Jennie”

“Jennie look at here”

“Jennie smile”

“Jennie you’re so beautiful”

The person in the middle followed the given instruction, giving them her best smile and everyone just screamed her name even louder

“JENNIE!”

.

Sigh

“That’s my superstar”

Sudden voice make the superstar had a little heart attack

An older man, probably in his 40s giving her his best smile as the car door opened. On the way he went inside, the superstar turned meeting his gaze “What’s up boss? Do you need anything?” she gave him her best smile

She is not pleased with the surprise visit of her boss, she just knew there’s something her boss needed her to do, like every other time she met him.

“What do you mean Jennie? Of course not, I’m just wanted to see my favourite star myself” he laughed, thinking that his joke is funny.

Jennie rolled her eyes ‘At least if you want to lie, make it even more convincing’ she thought to herself “It’s nice MEETING you sajangnim” Jennie give him her 90-degree bow and a little pressure at a certain word.

“Is there anything I can do for you” giving him another of her best smile

His expression turned darker for a second before giving a smile, “Oh Jennie, don’t need to be like that. You have been doing a pretty good job, I can't even ask for more” he relaxed his position “I was asking your manager and he said you have an empty schedule for the next 2 months" Jennie looks at her manager that was standing outside the car “So I was thinking…”

She rolled her eyes ‘here we go again’

 Jennie doesn’t listen to what her boss said next. She's bored, tired, just wants to left everything and leave.

.

“CUT!”

"Okay good job everyone, you've been work hard," the producer said while standing up and giving applause.

“Good Job everyone, thank you for your work" Jennie standing from her seat and go around giving everyone a handshake and a 90 bow

. One of the staff approached her, “Jennie, you’ve been doing great! also, thank you for your work today” Jennie gave her a little smile before she speaks “Oh no, unnie, you’re the one that works even harder than me. Thank you for the makeup btw, you make me look so beautiful" Jennie continues to smile at the latter "hahaha you already beautiful, I just put a little bit makeup" Jennie continues to smile while another staff comes approached

"You must be busy, please eat a lot, you getting thicker," the producer said to her as he making his way

“Thank you for your concern Oppa but don’t worry I ate a lot" Jennie smile at the producer, she already in front of the door before turned her body to facing everyone "There’s a food truck outside, I prepared for everyone as a Thank you for today" Jennie gave another 90-degree bow before exited herself to go home.

.

“Tea, is anything that I should do next?”

Jennie looked at the manager that was driving in front of her, "Uhm, you still have a photoshoot, and an interview at 5 clocks, dinner with your family at 7, and shooting a variety show at 10"

huh, Jennie exhales another breath, she rested her head in the window car, looking at the world outside, kids running with their friends, teens feel the love in their life, and adult concentrating at their work. Looking at that Jennie started to wonder, what could she been doing if she didn't choose this life.

 “There’s another hour before we arrive at the photoshoot right? Please wake me up when we arrive”

Looking back Taehyung smiles at her before turning his head to see in front again, “Sure, have a good rest Jen” even though he knew they will arrive shortly.

.

“Jen, you seriously need to get laid”

Jennie was just chilling in her house, Today's is her day off, she was planned to spend all day laying in her perfect bed, but unfortunately, her best friend decided to come out and ruined her 'Holiday' plan.

“You know Rosie, sometimes I need a reminder why I friend with you again”

Jennie stands while looking at her friend sitting position. The leg on the coffee table, and lazily laying the rest of her body on the couch. 'She takes the words My cassa your cassa seriously’ Jennie rolled her eyes before walking and pushing her friend foot off the table.

“Auch!” the latter groan because of the sudden action

"No foot on the table" Jennie letting a little smirk coming to her face before sat on the couch beside her.

Looking at the younger phone at the coffee table, curiosity comes to her "What were you wanted to show me?" pointed her chin at the phone

“Oh yes yes! You need to look at this unnie" Chaeyoung excitedly opened her phone and gave it to her, “See this? It's so beautiful right” Chaeyoung eyes start to wander to see the older reaction.

The phone shows a photo of the beach beside a hill, the field of daisy is the first that caught your eyes and the ocean wave, somehow it can make her hear their sounds.

"Where is this?" Jennie not taking her eyes off the photo, it brings her to the memory when she was still in New Zealand when everything is good and pure and joy when she hasn't chosen this life.

“It’s Jeju Island," Chaeyoung said before standing up and go to the kitchen leaving the latter, Jennie was busy admiring the photo to even care what her friend does anyway,

“I think you should try there, it’s looking almost like New Zealand, the beaches I mean" 

“yeah…” Jennie still not taking her eyes off the phone, she smiles secretly, remembering the happy memories of her childhood.

.

“Hey Tae”

It’s been 3 hours since Chaeyoung left, and Jennie can’t seem to let go of her mind off the previous photo.

“Yeah Jen, what’s up?” the younger said from the other side

“Uhmm, sajangnim said that I can write my song for this comeback right?" Jennie said, remembering her boss's last visit. "Yes, Do you already have thought about the song?" 

"I think I might" Jennie walk to her side window "When is the preparation starting?" she looked at the 2 students that were just passing by “Maybe next week, But we can as start as soon as you wanted” Hmm Jennie nodded her head, showing the sign of understanding.

“Book me a flight for tomorrow” 

“What?!" Taehyung looks up from her paper as in Jennie is in front of her. Calming his shock, Taehyung clearing his throat, "hmm, ok, I’ll book you an oversea flight, what country did you wish to go?"

“No, I don’t want an oversea flight. I want to go to Jeju Island”

“WHAT?!”

A loud voice of breaking shocking the superstar, it reminded her to just put Taehyung on the speaker next time they called, so she wouldn't visit her doctor anytime soon.

“Are you serious?! Jeju is still in Korea, right? Why can't you just go to France or London? we can even rent a place if you want to go there!” concern and a little panic can be heard from the younger, but Jennie already made up her mind, and if Jennie Kim already made up her mind, there's nothing or someone that could ever change it.

“Tae, just book me a flight to Jeju, my off is starting tomorrow right? Just book the first flight tomorrow morning”

“But-“

“Please Tae, just do it”

A sigh can be heard from the other side, as much as his concern as her manager, Taehyung already has a soft spot for the superstar. “Okay, I’ll text you the flight detail”

A smile can be seen in the older face, "Thanks, Tae" she said before ended the call looking at the children playing outside her house

.

The airport is surely full of people, no matter what time is it.

Taehyung turning his head, looking at his surrounding, cautions if someone sees them.

"Jen, are you sure about this? Can I book you another flight if you want? Hell we can even book a last-minute flight"

Jennie still can't take it even with the concern from her manager, yes she knows what could happen because Jeju Island is still in Korea but she also hopes her 3 years best friend could understand that this is what she wants, she needed a break, she needs a little getaway, she needs to be free from the life that she has been doing for the last 3 years. “Tae, I know you're worried but please know that this? is for the sake of the company too, for the sake of the people that we're wasting their money on me" Jennie waving her both hand everywhere, trying to convince her manager.

"It calls investing unnie, they're INVESTING their money on you” The younger replied

"In a way..." Jennie rolled her eyes "I need this vaca- flight to get new inspiration for me, a new idea, and a new side of Jennie Kim" Jennie quickly put on a proud smile on her face

Taehyung looking at her with a suspicious eye he knows deep in the studio the superstar already had a few crafted songs that she made months ago, but he also knows that the older doesn't need the getaway that she requested to for the sake of inspiration especially for the reason of her comeback, even more for the investor she never cares off.

“Okay, but you know that you can change your mind even if it’s on the last minute okay?”

Jennie put a smile when the letter finally understand "Yes, of course, Tae, I'll keep that in mind"

.

Jennie takes a big breath before exhaling all of it, 'this is it' she thought to herself. It's been more than an hour since she left Seoul, left the 3 years life she's been working on, left for the sake of a little kiss of freedom.

This is the little vacation she wanted, the place that maybe could bring her the happy feelings that she used to feel. 'This is it, this the happy place that could-'

Brug

“Oh my god, I’m so so sorry”

A woman bumped into her, unfortunate start but luckily Jennie is wearing sunglasses she probably would get caught if she didn't wear it.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" the woman bow multiple times. She is a wearing thick clothes and a backpack in the back, 'Probably a backpacker' Jennie thought in her mind. Cute noise, long purple hair, strong jawline, pair of brown eyes and round glasses that is covering her beautiful eyes. It shows that God took his time making this one.

‘Pretty’

"Thanks" the bumping woman smile at her, '! Did I said it out loud?!', Jennie turns her head, looking everything except the latter in front. "Uhm, I'm sorry” Jennie spoke in English, The woman probably won’t recognize her voice if she speaks in English right? Just in case if the woman in front of her is one of her fans.

The latte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter