Chapter 1

We got married

Doyoung didn’t know why he agreed to do this show. But “We Got Married” had started a new season and they needed popular idols. He had no idea who his “wife” would be, he couldn’t even take a guess. He wasn’t the most romantic member in NCT per say, so he was going to give it a go at showing this side of him. He was gestured to have a seat at a window table at the japanese restaurant setting they were at. 

Doyoung took his seat and ordered a cup of coffee. He fiddled with his napkin and waited anxiously for his guest to arrive. As his coffee came and he took a sip, he raised his eyes and saw a young woman walking towards him. His eyes grew wide as he instantly recognized her. Bae Joohyun. 

Irene stood in front of Doyoung with a small smile. She was known for generally having a reserved and somewhat cold approach. 

Her and Doyoung had been co-hosts in the past and they were both in the same company - SM Entertainment. Irene was a bit scary to him, so he tried his best to stay out of her way. 

Doyoung stood and bowed and gestured for her to have a seat. 

“Hello, we meet again Doyoung.” Irene said with a smirk. 

“Yes. Uh, have you eaten yet? What should we order?” 

She looked over the menu carefully. “I will just have some sushi.” 

“Okay, that’s fine with me noona.” 

She shot him a look after hearing that word. 

Doyoung swallowed. Not knowing how long their marriage would last. 

“I think we will have to act like husband and wife, or the show won’t be good.” 

Irene scratched her head. “Ahh, yes that. I should probably give you a cute nickname then. Mmm... How about tokki?” 

Doyoung snorted. “That’s what my fans call me. But sure that would be okay.” Doyoung smiled brightly as that was his favorite nickname. 

“Well, you do look like one haha.” 

Their food came and Doyoung decided to be bold by feeding Irene. She looked puzzled at first but ate his food anyway for the show. This was a different side of him she wasn’t used to seeing personally. 

“Mmm, it’s good.” She said as she gave a thumbs up. 

After they ate they were told they were going to take pictures in their wedding attire and then move into their honeymoon house. Things were moving really quickly. The photoshoot was very weird and awkward as they had to show some skinship in order to look like a real couple. Doyoung had to hug her from behind and and they had to gaze into each other’s eyes. 

For a moment he noticed how beautiful she was and she thought he looked cute and innocent. 

When they arrived at their home he had to carry her inside bridal style. He carried her with ease but her fluffy dress seemed to cover some of his vision. He stumbled as he got to the couch and he nearly landed on her but she quickly pushed him off so he landed on the floor instead.