Bordighera

Little Monet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I wanted you to kill this person.”

He said in raspy voice, his fingers full with rings intertwined with the other five. His assistant who stood beside him all the time laid out a picture to the person confronting his boss.

The person’s brow raised slightly after seconds of examining the picture given.

“Are you sure I’m your best man to be sent out for this mission?” 

The man in suit chuckled lightly before rested his fat chin above his knuckles. 

 

“I want you to prove it to me.”

 

 

Mark Tuan eyed the glittering silver watch wrapped handsomely on his left wrist. It was already past 2 a.m when he had finally finished his paperworks of the last case. The back of his palm went up to cover his mouth as he yawned. 

“Do you need some coffee? I could make you some.” 

His eyes shot up to see his fellow cop, Park Jinyoung who was standing in front of his desk. 

Mark shrugged. “No thanks. I was done with the craps anyway.”

Jinyoung’s eyes sparkled to his friend’s answer. “So how about a late night supper at a nearby restaurant? I saw people lining up this evening. They must serve really good things there.”

“At this hour? No. I wanted to sink in my bed right now.” Mark disapproved.

After hours of tiring his eye balls out in front of the computer, all he wanted was a good and nice sleep. He was so tired he could barely opened his eyes.

“Oh come on. It has been forever since we grab something to eat together. The last time we ate together was when we were still rookies. It will be on me this time, I promise.” The younger insisted which had Mark sighed in defeat.

“Your treat.”

 

 

Jinyoung stared at his friend who sat across of him in the restaurant. Mark Tuan in ripped blue jeans, denim jacket over white hoodie, pair of leather boots and his ashy blonde hair in a white cap. Oh,if only it was evening or early night, the restaurant would be surely packed with young ladies swooning over him. Yes,Jinyoung wouldn’t hesitated to agree with the fact that Mark was probably the most handsome detective in their unit right now.

‘Probably. After me.’ He snorted at the thought.

“What?” The older somehow managed to caught the words.

Jinyoung faked a cough and shrugged. “Nothing.”

After finishing his pork sandwich, Mark let out a small sigh alarming the other cop to shot up his eyebrow.

“What’s with the sigh?” Jinyoung asked with the cup of hot lemon tea hung in his fingers.

Mark reached out for a tissue to wipe the edge of his mouth before continuing.

“It’s been two months since I’ve got only case papers came crashing down my desk. I wanted to be involved in a new case.”

“Well, you are involving in a case.” Jinyoung scoffed.

Mark rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Not the kind of case which all I have to do is just sit down and write on my computer!” 

Jinyoung laughed as he put the tea cup back on the table. It was always his habit to annoy Mark.

“Yeah, yeah. I got it that you wanted to play catch outside right?”

“More to avoid sitting in front of you everyday.” Mark deadpanned.

“Ouch. You’re being so honest now.” 

“I’m dead serious, Jinyoung. I am a ing detective not a clerk.”

Jinyoung nodded to his friend’s statement.

“Well, it would be sick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter