Final

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24th December

 

“Bye, Merry Christmas Joohyun!” my colourist Seulgi greeted as she left her cubicle. 

“Bye, Merry Christmas” I replied brightly and gave her a small wave. Then I groaned immediately as I look over at my desktop monitor, which shows 11.27 pm, letting out a heavy sigh, I hurriedly do a final check on my illustration set before sending out the email to this new editor who will be coming in after the New Year holidays, yes that’s still a week from now if you ask me, but he had requested the current editor, my boss (the from hell) to send him the draft copy by Christmas, "What a jerk", I scoffed, and here I am today, still stuck in the office on the night of Christmas Eve, not that I bothered anyway, I couldn’t care much about festive celebrations all I care about is that I get to spend a week off after pulling several midnight oils for this new illustration set. After reviewing it and made sure it was good to go, I opened my email tab and type into the keyboard.

 

Dear Mr Oh, 

 

Hi, I’m Bae Joohyun from Turtle Publishers, the lead illustrator for the new series for ‘A Day in Nami’s Life’, which I assume Ms Kim had informed you about that I would send you the set, attached below will be the first draft for the series, if anything do contact me...

 

I snickered “do contact me NOT...” and continue the email properly by attaching the file and include my phone number, I wouldn’t want to but it was already automated under my name. 

Sending the email I rolled my eyes and stretch my body and I was satisfied with a couple of bones cracks my body had produced, looking over at my half-eaten omurice I grunt, I guess I should bring that home and heat it up. Packing my omurice and my belongings, I leave the office and though I vent about my work, I do quite like my job and also I really like my office as it is located right in the middle of Dongdaemun, right next to the 24/7 complex mall, so I wasn’t worried about leaving the office later at night alone, its a hotspot after all.

I have my hands holding onto my packed omurice and one with my cellphone, with my shoulders carrying 2 tote bags, one on each, one with my belongings, and another was my tablet and work equipment.

Stepping out of my office I greeted Mr Lee, the security guard of our office building a Merry Christmas and handed him a pack of cookies that our supplier had given us. “Merry Christmas Mr Lee” I wished and he did the same. Poor man, and I also did hand him 2 new hot packs.

Stepping out from my office building I was faced with the busy street, it is Christmas Eve, after all, the street was even more packed with people, families walking in a group, couples holding hands, children carolling, and there were obviously people doing last-minute shopping, and also the bus stop was full with people, I rolled my eyes, I guess I shall wait when there are fewer people, or maybe I should get a cab? But then I cancel that thought, the cab would be harder to halt at this peak time, looking at my wristwatch, it’s 11.43 pm. Taking in a long cold breath, my phone vibrated.“” I cursed lightly as I look at my phone with 87 notification of messages, I was too busy to reply them earlier, so I guess I should reply to them now, stepping into the mall complex which is far more peaceful than the street and to avoid the snow, I sat by the pillar where there is a bench located at.

Midway replying Christmas wishes to my family and friends, I scowled when I saw an email notification on top of my screen, which is from the new editor, Mr Oh, I rolled my eyes and click into it anyways. The messages goes.

 

Thank you Ms Bae, and I’m sorry but Ms Kim has not mentioned about you before, she told me that she would send them herself, 

 

“That old hag” I muttered into my scarf which I had it wrapped tightly around my neck close to my mouth.

 

Anyway thank you for sending the draft, Merry Christmas Ms Bae

Regards,

Mr Oh

 

The audacity of that woman, she probably had taken credit for this set, calming myself down I replied the final message from my parents who are celebrating Christmas in Jeju, I pout at that thought, it would have been the three of us, but I had to cancel. Making sure I had no more business to settle on the phone I got up from my seat, taking a few steps forward, I received a tap on my shoulder.

“Hey miss, you left this” a male voice resonates in my ear, and I spun my body around to be greeted by a tall male, he had a beanie and a mask on, showing only his eyes and perfectly shaped thick brows, and I could tell he was handsome. Snapping myself back into reality before I was caught staring too long. I unconsciously furrowed my brows, and look at what he is holding, a Christmas gift bag, I assume and I caught a glimpse of the thing in it, it was a Christmas gift wrapped with pink glitter paper.

“No, it’s not mine” I answered after meeting his eyes, and wanted to walk away but he stops me this time, taking a bolder sidestep to stop me from walking away, our body almost collided, but I managed to halt myself.

“You were sitting next to this bag the entire time you were on your phone, are you sure it's not yours?” he asked again with furrowed brows, and has he been watching me?

“No, its not.,” I repeated and my eyes widened, and almost let out a gasp but I managed to stop it with my hand holding on to my cell phone.

“What?” he asked with curious brows.

“Could it be a bomb?” I asked softer this time, and I swore his eyes went wide as well.

“I don’t think so.,” he said but both of us had doubts.

“Erm okay, but sir this bag it's not mine, someone must have left it…”I said again. 

 

“Hey!” both of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter