Xmas 2.0

Magic Double Date Night: Xmas Edition 2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi everyone, Merry Christmas and of course I had to do a magic double date Xmas edition once again :) this time our succubus thinks it will be interesting to do a secret Santa, so let’s see how it turns out for everyone. Please enjoy 

 

Sponsor mentions: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, 112714, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, captainsnsd, User_name1200, Androsssss, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Seosunny, cwright01, kingdomcomes, sleepyhead, Jewster88, InformedPuppy, Fladoodlem8, ericakate, Ody1204, dga214, pinkpinkypin, Moonstunt, SleepyRu,  victoriatrrsx, Cheorrybat, Sarcasaticree, pokjl-123, Shouto818, PandaExpress69, j33200, shinneay, dmac20, Chan_94, Normallyotp, Tashphobic, NoJamDubu, kiyomamoo, justsomeanimelover, iamforeverlame, Mmm2392, Sapphicblink, CheezeeMyoui, aya_ah98, bangton, blazeaf, Supergirl, Lorna123, Revelsone, madam_mac, aya_ah98, Nyssa21, Icantstandtofly, Lelouch99, Kasey_1432, tay_84, and Mooncrush22. Thank you so much for being sponsors. ^^










 

Kang Seulgi knew something was up with her wife for days when she was spending  time not only watching a lot of human Christmas movies, ordering tons of items through home shopping networks, and of course printing out various eggnog recipes. The werewolf knows her succubus loves Christmas. In fact, Seulgi has never met anyone who loves Christmas more than Joohyun in her entire life. But, something was different this time.

 

“Um, honey?” Seulgi asks when she sees her wife decorating the tree. It’s normal for Joohyun to start decorating the tree early, that’s not the issue. The issue is how Joohyun is trying to get singing ornaments onto the tree, something she hasn’t ever done before.

 

“Yes, babe?”

 

“Are those alive?” Seulgi points to the ornaments that look an awful lot like a strange half-bird/half seahorse.

 

“Yes.” Joohyun nods with a grin. “I got them from my realm. I thought they would be nice for the tree, why don’t you like them, they’ll sing any song, any time?.”

 

“Any song at any time?”

 

“Yes!” She nods eagerly. “This time I won’t even have to play the records for Sooyoung and Yerim, the ornaments can sing for us, won’t it be lovely.”

 

“Yes, lovely.” Seulgi smiles back. Although, the werewolf-elf highly doubts that either of their friends will like hearing these ornaments sing for them.

 

“Say, Hyunnie?”

 

“Yes, my sweetie-love-hunky-y-gorgeous-werewolf-elf,” Joohyun says it all in one breath before hurrying over and touching her cheeks. The last time Seulgi had seen Joohyun quite this hyper and excited, it was probably the first time she had ever tasted the human carrot cake and quickly became addicted to the dessert.

 

“What’s going on, you’re normally excited about Christmas and everything. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you quite like this, Hyunnie, so do you want to share?”

 

The dark-haired woman still has this bright and cheerful smile on her face. Joohyun knows she is normally excited about Christmas, but there is a reason why she is more so this time around. Joohyun takes her wife by the hand and takes her over to one of the couches. 

 

“I am excited about this Christmas, honey.” Joohyun agrees with her wife. “I actually have a really good idea I can’t wait to try this year, I can tell you now if you’re curious.”


 

Seulgi is indeed curious and wants to know what’s gotten into her other half this year. Joohyun looks at her with a grin before leaning over and whispering in her ear what her plan is, and after she finishes, the succubus looks at her and waits. She wonders what Seulgi will say to that.

 

“But, Hyunnie?”

 

“Isn’t it wonderful, honey?” She laughs happily and takes off for their tree to finish decorating. “Don’t you think it’ll be a good idea?”

 

“I mean, I guess so.” The brunette gives a nod. She doesn’t think it’s particularly bad idea what Joohyun is thinking, and the way she says that she guesses has Joohyun looking back at her with an angry look. Seulgi smiles all charmingly at her and that doesn’t seem to be working. The succubus is staring at her with impossibly bright eyes that had Seulgi been anyone else she would be dead or worse. Luckily, Seulgi isn’t afraid of her wife.

 

“What do you mean, you guess so, Seul?” Joohyun might be asking in a sweet tone of voice but it does nothing to hide how angry she looks. The hybrid knows she better watch her next words very carefully.

 

“I think all your ideas are brilliant, Hyunnie.”

 

It’s a good way to start as Joohyun seems to be calming down already. Seulgi actually gets up and hugs her wife. She knows how to be a comforting source, she should after all these years of being together.

 

“Thank you.” 

 

“I was more worried about how Sooyoung and Yerim would take it, you know they’ll have something to say.”

 

The succubus understands what her other half is talking about. She and Seulgi have been friends with the other couple for a long time. There’s no way the witch and vampire won’t have an opinion about her plan this time around, and truth be told Joohyun doesn’t care what their opinions are. She’ll hear them, of course, but everyone knows that the Kangs handle Christmas.

 

“Don’t worry, sweetie. I’ve invited them out for lunch tomorrow so we can discuss Christmas this year, and it will be fine, trust me.”

 

“I trust you, Hyun.”

 

Seulgi does trust her wife and loves Joohyun with all of her heart. At the same time, Seulgi still can’t help that she does feel a bit nervous about how their friends might react, and she isn’t the only one who is concerned. 


 

The following day when Sooyoung and Yerim are sitting at the restaurant waiting for Joohyun and Seulgi to show up. The vampire takes notice to how her wife looks anxious, and it’s rare for Sooyoung to be anxious about things. The shorter woman takes her hand and gives it a squeeze.

 

“What’s wrong, are you worried about what Joohyun needs to talk about?” The blonde wonders, as what else could it be about? They both had no idea what the succubus wanted, but the other couple knew it was a good possibility that it would be bad. Sooyoung and Yerim know how their friend can be about Christmas, which can mean just about anything.

 

“I have a bad feeling, vampy. I even used extra sage leaves in my prayer circle too before I left the house.”

 

“Hm,” Yerim agrees. “You really did. You haven’t used that much sage in a long time, Soo. What do you think is going to happen?”

 

“I don’t know, baby, but I am scared. I’m ordering some wine.” The auburn-haired witch declares and orders the two of them some wine as they wait for their friends. The couple barely have time to enjoy their wine when they notice Seulgi and Joohyun enter. The succubus looks excited and festive in her bright red Christmas sweater decorated with candy canes on it, while Seulgi just looks like she didn’t get much sleep the night before, which could be for a number of reasons. The fact that she looks so tired makes the witch and vampire more scared.

 

“Hi, we’re here.” Joohyun announces cheerfully. “Order anything you’d like.”

 

“Anything we’d like?” The other couple look worried and scared. 

 

Joohyun sits down with Seulgi and the succubus nods again. “Yes, order anything you’d like. I invited you two here, after all.”

 

If Sooyoung and Yerim weren’t already hesitant enough, they sure as hell are now. Joohyun looks unfazed and again repeats that they should order. Eventually they do, with Sooyoung ordering one of her favorite dishes when she’s in the monster realm which is a pasta-inspired one, except in place of noodles there is seaweed, and little live jellyfish. Yerim orders herself a bloody smoothie and vampire friendly blood flavored muffin, something new on the menu that is edible for her. Seulgi says she has no appetite and that of course freaks the other couple out.

 

“Why aren’t you eating.” The blonde narrows her eyes at the werewolf. 

 

“You’re always eating.” Sooyoung nods. “What did you do to her, Joohyun. If she’s not eating then something must be up!”

 

The succubus sits there in silence for so long that it is freaking everyone out even more. They get worried when Joohyun actually throws her head back and laughs in her annoyingly loud laughter that she will sometimes do.

 

“Oh, great, here she goes.” The witch sighs and reaches for her wine. She’ll need another glass at this rate.

 

“Why are you laughing?” Yerim wants to know.

 

“I don’t know why you think I suddenly have done something to Seul, if she says she’s not hungry, then she’s not hungry. Now everyone enjoy your food, because I do have a bit of an announcement.”

 

Sooyoung and Yerim find it hard to enjoy anything when they are worried about what their friends have to say. Seulgi hasn’t said much at all, and they really don’t know how to take that. Although, they are sure the werewolf must know what’s going on, she has to. Joohyun is her wife after all, how could Seulgi not know what this is about. The brunette is not saying much as she is nervous about how this could go. Sooyoung and Yerim might not react very well, and then it could be another situation. Seulgi says a silent prayer in her mind before the huge reveal.

 

“Why are here?” The vampire asks while sipping on her smoothie. “Is it about Christmas?”

 

“Yeah, Joohyun, is it about Christmas?” The witch asks, before flagging down the waiter for an entire bottle of wine. 

 

“Yes!” The dark-haired woman nods warmly. “I have a brilliant idea for how we spend our annual Christmas get together.”

 

Seulgi thinks she might need some of that wine too, only Sooyoung pushes her hand away from it.

 

“Hey, this is for me, wolf. Get your own wine.”

 

“Hey!” Seulgi complains and frowns, which makes Joohyun pissed because of course the witch is disrespecting her most precious person, her wife. The succubus looks at the witch with one of the iciest glares.

 

“It’s an entire bottle, Sooyoung, what happened to your Christmas spirit?”

 

“My what?” The witch mouths.

 

“It’s soon to be Christmas, the most magical and wonderful holiday of all. We should be much kinder to each other, we are friends, no?”

 

“Are you high?” Yerim asks the succubus to which Joohyun sends her a glare too. The vampire says no more and waits for Joohyun to continue speaking.

 

“Anyway, in the spirit of Christmas, share the damn wine with my wife!” She shouts angrily in a tone she rarely uses, so Sooyoung immediately opens the bottle to start pouring wine for not only Seulgi, but the entire table. Sooyoung isn’t necessarily scared of the succubus or anything, she does know when to not mess with her when she’s in a certain mood.

 

“That’s better,” Joohyun smiles warmly again, which scares them how quickly her mood changed. Seulgi is already used to her wife’s behavior from time to time, so none of this worries her. She is worried about what Joohyun is about to say, though, since she still does have her announcement to make.

 

“Now, to the reason why you’re here.”

 

“Finally.” The blonde nods. “Okay, how bad is it? What’s the news, Joohyun?”

 

“Bad?” She chuckles. “It’s not anything bad, Yerim. I would like for us to try Secret Santa this year, that’s all.”

 

Silence erupts all over the table. Sooyoung and Yerim share confused looks with one another, then look at Seulgi for an answer, and the werewolf isn’t of any help because she’s just sitting there drinking her wine. The other couple then look at Joohyun for a long while before speaking.

 

“Listen, I don’t know what the hell that means, but I’m sure it’s something awful.” Yerim is the first to react.

 

“If it involves one of us dressing up as Santa, then no!” Sooyoung shakes her head. “Unless, it’s tastefully done, and a cute outfit, and we don’t really look like Santa.”

 

“Huh!” Now Joohyun is confused, how can neither of them know what secret Santa is, they all also live part time in the human world. The succubus can’t be the only one who pays attention to things humans celebrate and have during Christmas.

 

“No, it’s not anything bad. Secret Santa is where we will pick out names from a hat and pick one gift for the person’s name we get. I thought it would be an interesting we can do this year.

 

Seulgi in particular waits for what Sooyoung and Yerim’s reaction will be now. They must have something to say on the matter, after all it’s a brand new thing Joohyun wants to try, and they usually have some sort of comment.

 

“Well, we kind of already give each other gifts, Joohyun.” The witch begins. “But, if it’s only one gift for the person we pick, then I don’t see why not.”

 

“Wow,” Seulgi thinks. “I expected a worse reaction.”

 

Now it all comes down to Yerim. The vampire is sitting there with her arms folded over her chest, and an unreadable expression on her face. Seulgi looks worried, Joohyun is still smiling, and Sooyoung gently nudges her other half.

 

“What’s wrong, Vampy. It’s not a bad idea, you know. We only have to get one gift for the person we pick, it’s less shopping.”

 

Yerim heard the part about less shopping and that they will only have to get one gift for the person’s name they will draw from the hat. But she still has a bad feeling about it.

 

“What happens if we pick ourselves, huh, then what genius?” she directs her question to Joohyun in particular, who looks like she wants to smack the hell out of the blonde. Joohyun takes a breath and presents the hat that already has their names on pieces of paper in them.

 

“I’m sure that won’t happen, now everyone pick a name.”

 

They begin the process, and naturally it ends up like Yerim said. The first round everyone picks their own name, so they have to start again. The second time around, again every draws their own name, and just before they try again the vampire makes a comment.

 

“Hey, if I pick myself again then I don’t mind, I know exactly how I think.” Yerim mentions.

 

“No, it’ll work this time, as the humans say. The third time’s the charm.”

 

Sooyoung and Yerim share looks again before shrugging. They begin the process again, and this time everyone draws a different name this time. Seulgi ends up with Joohyun’s name, Sooyoung ends up with Yerim’s name, Joohyun picks Seulgi’s, and Yerim has Sooyoung’s. It couldn’t have worked out more perfectly, everyone picked their actual partner.

 

“Everyone has a different name now, right?” The succubus asks knowingly, since no one is complaining that they have to start all over again. 

 

“Yes, yes.” Sooyoung nods. “Now, if that’s all, we should probably get going so that we can get gifts for the people we picked, no?”

 

“I’m still buying for myself.” The vampire mentions only to get a glare from her witch.

 

“I mean, I’m getting a gift for you, Soo. The wife I love so much.”

 

“That’s more like it!”

 

Seulgi clears suddenly and that has everyone looking at her in wonder. Seulgi hasn’t said a whole lot the entire time they’ve been sitting here, so surely this could be important.

 

“I think we should all be thanking Hyunnie for thinking of a nice and different way for us to celebrate Christmas together.”

 

Joohyun beams and immediately hugs her other half. She can always count on Seulgi for being the supportive and wonderful person she is. 

 

“Thank you, baby.” Joohyun gets a kiss too.

 

“Yeah, yeah,” the auburn-haired witch waves her hand. “We’ll just see how this actually goes, I still have a bad feeling. I’m going to do another prayer circle when I get home that reminds me I need more sage. Come on, Yerimie, let’s be done with these two.”
 

Yerim gets up from the table and before she leaves she turns back to the other couple with a sigh.

 

“I just have one thing to say, please let there be no eggnog. Not again, I won’t accept it, thank you and see you for our usual Christmas get together.”

 

“Bye, you two!” The other couple wave together. Seulgi knows they will lose their mind when they find out that not only will there be eggnog, but multiple varieties of eggnog since Joohyun has been looking up many recipes. 

 

“Um, Hyunnie?” Seulgi gently touches her shoulder.

 

“No, honey. There will be eggnog, I already narrowed it down to my top four recipes.”

 

“Haha,” The hybrid laughs nervously. “I thought you would say so, well we should probably get going too. We should get our gifts for the person we selected.”

 

Joohyun agrees with her wife that they should probably get a head start on the gifts, that way once it’s taken care of. She can get back to finalizing all of her Christmas plans.

 

“Let’s go, Seul, and see it turned out well. Neither of them were upset about my Secret Santa idea. I told you it would be fine.”

 

“It’s still early.” Seulgi whispers and that earns her a not so gentle shove from her shorter wife. Seulgi only smiles with an apology and hugged her tightly.

 

“I’m sure things will be perfect, Hyunnie.”

 

“That’s more like it, our usual Christmas get together will be perfect, oh that reminds me I need some blueberries for one of my eggnog concoctions.”

 

“Yeah, great.” The brunette nods and follows her wife out of the restaurant. Seulgi doesn’t even further say anything because she sees how excited Joohyun is about everything. Seulgi loves to see her wife happy as that what matters most to her anyway.

 

“Hey, Hyunnie.”

 

“Yes, baby?”

 

“I love you.”

 

The succubus smiles before hugging her tightly. “I love you too, sweetie. Now, onto Christmas shopping.”

 

She grabs her by the arm and they head out of the restaurant too. Similarly, with the vampire and witch who are out and about shopping too. Sooyoung had drawn Yerim’s name and Yerim has hers too. It shouldn’t be all that difficult in shopping for one another, of course they won’t tell one another for real that’s who they got. The whole point of a secret Santa is for it to remain so until the day of.

 

“Who’d you get, honey?” The witch wonders as they are currently in the human world looking around.

 

“I got Seul, I think I’m just going to get her one of those huge meat bundles, you know the one they advertise on tv that comes with all sorts of meat, and call it a day. She loves food.” Yerim lies right away.

 

The witch nods in understanding as a gift like that is both practical and useful to their hybrid friend, who will no doubt love the gift of all that meat.

 

“Make sure you get one of those huge bundles though, one that has like 20 steaks or so.”

 

“Of course, I’m not stupid or anything. I need something that will at least her the week.” The vampire laughs. “What are you getting for Joohyun, she must be the name you picked.”

 

“Yes, and my gift for our resident monster will be something simple, tasteful, and elegant.” Sooyoung lies.

 

The blonde looks at her wife like she’s gone crazy, but that look soon fades to one that is full of skepticism. She doesn’t buy what Sooyoung just said.

 

“You’re lying.”

 

The auburn-haired witch nods and cracks up in loud laughter. “I think I’ll get her something practical, something a Christmas obsessed demon like her can use.”

 

“Not more eggnog.”

 

“I said practical, baby, not insane. Now, let’s split up and start looking. We’ll meet back at the front of the store when we’re finished, alright?”

 

“Sounds good.”

 

Yerim and Sooyoung split up to begin their searches for appropriate gifts, only they are to find gifts for one another. The vampire looks around but doesn’t think she’ll find anything for her witch. After nearly ten minutes of walking around mindlessly Yerim ultimately decides she will not find her gift here, and comes up with something else entirely, but she’ll have to find the time to make it at home when Sooyoung isn’t paying attention to her. She simply purchases something anyway to at least make it look like she shopped, to not come back to the front of the store empty-handed. By the time she finishes, Sooyoung isn’t at the front of the store yet, which means she’s probably still searching for her gift too. The vampire uses her time to play games on her phone as she waits, as what else is she going to do.

 

Meanwhile, Sooyoung is indeed running around the store looking for a gift for her wife. Truly, she thought the succubus had a stupid idea at first. But, it really couldn’t have worked out more per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter