February 14th.

We met on Valentine's day

Sorry for the delay! Turns out my boyfriend really took me out yesterday night =D, he initially said he had to work but it was just a trick to get me mad and surprise me ¬¬' aish! I was really pissed at first, lol XD. Anyway, here's the first part! I hope you enjoy! My friend did the poster since I was in a hurry ^^' hope you like it! Expect the ending on March 14th! aka White day =D.

moksanim = pastor


 

We met on Valentine’s Day 

 

Today was going to be, without a doubt, another of those chaotic days. It was Valentine’s day and people were busiliy walking the streets without minding each other, pushs and pulls, couples lost in each other’s gaze and others going back and forth with heavy flower bouquets and chocolate boxes.

Jinhee didn’t seemed to mind the busy sidewalks, always keeping a light smile on her lips as people around her whined and complained about the prices, the traffic, the weather… well, almost about everything. But she was convinced that even though it was worth it, not because of the flowers or the presents, but to be able to create beautiful memories with her friends… no, she didn’t have a special someone yet… Yet.

She headed towards the mall, the biggest and finest in Seoul, it was a really imponent building, just being there made her feel in another world, so full of beautiful and glistening decorations, red hearts and roses everywhere, squeaky clean tiles and the romantic setting of the stage at the center, Jinhee took special attention in the microphone she’d use, as it had flower garnalds all over the pole and ribbons with butterflies in the top. 

 

-"Jinhee-ah! Over here!"

She turned around to find the pastor trying to move all the heavy instruments all by himself, they were the choir that was to perform at the mall for valentine’s day. It wasn’t really their thing to go and perform outside the church but the mall’s Manager, who happened to be member of the church, had promised good cash, so naturally they all agreed.

 

-“Moksanim! You shouldn’t do this all by yourself, where’s everybody?” –Jinhee asked but no one known seemed to be there.

-"Probably fixing themselves up" -Moksanim said and when Jinhee opened to protest he added -"Just let them be, it's their one special night".

Jinhee felt it was unfair of her friends, but still helped the pastor without saying another word, as she was sure that the others were fooling around without worries.

 

When the stage was finally ready, she rushed to fix herself, she curled her lashes and put on some chapstick. Finally a pair of paper angel wings prepared by the pastor’s wife and she was done.

But as she came out from the ladies room's tiny cubicle she found her friends doing the last touches on their perfect make up and looking at their eye-liners and blush and fake lashes she felt... well... unpretty.

-“It’s time girls!” –moksanim knocked on the door and they all gleefully came out, except her.

“At least if they’re all gonna look better than me, I should sing the best I can” –Jinhee thought as she took her place in the front row with a sad smile.

 

People had gathered early, most of the seats were occupied and there were dozens of people standing as well, she felt panic threating in her stomach but she kept on thinking she didn’t know those people and it didn’t matter if she screwed up, she wasn’t going to see them ever again.

The piano broke the silence with its melodious sounds as everyone sang their parts from Byul’s ‘I think I’, it wasn’t a difficult song, everyone had small parts and it was difficult to mess up since the parts kept changing.

The song ended and she sighed, looking over the crowd, everyone seemed pleased, but her eye caught someone that was looking right at her, or so she had thought, because when she looked again, no one was there.

After that, ‘Windflower’, ‘My everything’, and even ‘My heart is beating’ followed, it went all smoothly.

 

♥    ~    ♥    ~    ♥

 

Yoseob went inside the mall, he was mentally lost. He didn’t know what to do or how long he was going to be able to keep with this, but he didn’t want to come clean to s and admit that he didn’t have a girlfriend.

He felt ridiculous and stupid, going on his own, wandering around like a lost puppy. Then he heard some piano chords and he inmediately followed the melody. It was a choir, they all sang harmoniously and somehow the music felt like a warm cuddle for his restless self.

He looked at the girl of the front, she was the only one wearing paper wings, making her look cute and different in a good way. Yoseob slightly smiled but realized some girls from the crowd were pointing at him, maybe they had recognized him? He didn’t wait to find out, so he left.

 

♥    ~    ♥    ~    ♥

 

The recital was practically over, except for the last piece, everybody left the stage, and only Jinhee and Moksanim were left there, he looked at her reassuringly, as she started to play the next song.

“Think of me… think of me fondly when we’ve said goodbye…

remember me once in a while, please promise me you’ll try…”

 

The inicial shock was long gone and she was able to hit the high notes with perfect accuracy, she was really glad that she could perform a song like this in front of an audience, it was hard and she had to practice a lot, stressing over all the mistakes she kept doing but at the same time hipnotizad in a sweet daze as the lyrics left .

The song came to an end with my highest note, an E6, I honestly felt a bit nauseated but the clapping and roaring of the people that had quickly filled the floor made me smile, some even stood from their seats and congratulated from afar. I didn’t know why but I blushed.

I heard some specially loud claps coming from above and I saw a boy clapping excitedly from the first floor, a broad smile on his lips, he was really cute so I blushed even more but still smiled at him. Everybody joined us in the stage and we bowed, biding farewell as the recital ended.

She went inside to change and fold her paper wings, when she was finished she came out of the ladies room, to find everybody left. She didn’t even saw the pastor. So she checked her phone.

‘Jinhee-yah! I’m going to have dinner with my boo! I’ll be going first!’

‘Maknae, Dongju finally asked me out! We’ll go to Namsan Park, call me if you need anything. XOXO’

‘Jinhee-sshi. I’m sorry I didn’t say goodbye, my wife prepared a special dinner for today. Thank you for helping earlier’

 

She couldn’t believe it, her friends totally dumped her in a completely unknown place, on Valentine’s day. She seated on a bench, frowning. She checked her wallet and decided she had enough money for much deserved dinner.

She left the mall and looked around, she found a restaurant ‘민속철’ and quickly asked for a table.

-“I’m sorry miss, there’s too many people, we can’t spare a table for one” –the hostess said and just as she left, her tummy growled in annoyance and she bitterly rubbed it.

-“Maybe we could share a table?” –she heard a voice next to her, she looked up and realized it was a familiar face –“Huh? Paper wings?” –he called again smiling.

-“Oh! Hi!” –Jinhee simply replied as she recognized him to be the boy clapping hard on the performance, no wonder he looked familiar.

-“So… eat with me?” –he asked smiling again, he looked like a nice guy and her tummy growled again, so she said yes and soon they were guided to a table for two.

♥    ~    ♥    ~    ♥

 

-“Oh, by the way I’m Jinhee. Kim Jinhee” –she said bowing and I wondered if I should tell her my name, she doesn’t seem to recognize me…

-“I’m Yoseob, nice to meet you Jinhee” –I said smiling again.

I couldn’t help but watch her as she decided what was she going to have, her expresions as she looked over the dishes in the menu, was priceless, it was like she was discussing with herself what’d be the best.

When the waitress came to take the order, I hadn’t even checked the menu, and she didn’t even realized I was staring at her.

-“I’ll have doenjang jjigae please, and hot cocoa” –she said and politely returned the menu to the waitress.

-“The same please” –I replied not wanting to embarrase myself ordering something that might not be in the menu. The waitress bowed and left us alone.

 

-“So… happy valentine’s day” –she said starting to make conversation.

-“Guess now you’re my Valentine huh?” –I said giving her a playful smirk and she laughed, slightly blushing, she was so shy. –“Don’t worry I’m not a ert or anything, my friends just left me to go with their own dates”.

-“Same here. All of the sudden I was all alone and hungry” –she said pouting and starting to eat sweet potatoes from the side dishes. Then… she doesn’t have a boyfriend?

-“That was a really wonderful recital” –I complimented as the hot dishes arrived.

-“Thank you, I’m glad you liked it”

-“So you’re a singer?” –I asked as she blowed on her soup.

-“No! I still lack a lot, I’m just in the church’s choir” –she said leaving the soup for a moment and looking at me.

-“For me you were just great” –I said casually, yet her gaze lingered on mine for what seemed like forever.

-“Do you need anything else?” –the waitress interrupted and  we broke our gaze, then I glared darkly at the waitress. We ate the remaining of our food and when the check arrived, I refused to let her pay anything.

 

-“It’s not fair! Please, at least the tip!” –she begged but I still refused.

-“I have an idea” –I said and after paying I dragged her back to the mall with me.

 

♥    ~    ♥    ~    ♥

 

We stood in front of the ice skate rink and next to me he was jumping up and down. Truthfully, I was terrified.

-“I always wanted to come and skate here” –he said and took my hand. Oh God please don’t let me be blushing.

-“Yoseob-sshi…” –I started not moving from my place. He turned to look at me and glared at my trembling feet.

-“Drop the formalities, just call me oppa!” –he said and pulled on my arm to go line up.

-“Ok, oppa. I… don’t know how to skate… I’m sorry” –I said as he was about to go and ask for the skates. He went back to me and held my hand again.

-“If you want, I can teach you” –he said with confidence –“but it’s ok if you’re afraid… we can alway--" -He had looked so happy when we went inside that it broke my heart to refuse, so I gathered all my courage to step in the rink.

-“No” –I interrupted him –“Let’s go, just be patient with me, I’m sort of clumsy”.

He happily got my shoes and I was tying my left skate when he pulled my leg and started tying the right one. I smiled at him. Am I in some kind of secret camera? I can’t remember the last time a cute boy was this nice to me, a real gentleman. As we stepped in the rink he held my arms and we started going slowly, all the while people passing us and speeding, I felt like he was losing all the fun because of me.

-“You know, I could also grab the rail so you can skate and have some fun” –I said pointing to the rail.

-“What makes you think I’m not having fun right now?” –he asked smiling cockily at me.

-“Move it!”

I was so taken aback that I didn’t realized that someone was speeding in my direction, the skater passed so close to me that even when Yoseob was holding my hands I fell.

It was so embarrasing that I couldn’t face him, somehow I had ended up knocking him too, and I was now straddling him. My cheeks burned and I tried to stand up to no avail because I slipped again. Yoseob hadn’t move and when I looked at him, he quickly put his hand in the back of my neck and pulled my face close to his. He closed his eyes and then I did the same.

His lips brushed softly against mine and his other hand rested on my back, it was the most wonderful sensation I had ever felt.  It was perfect, maybe not the place, but it was how I had imagined my first kiss would be like, gentle and tender, after a few moments we heard giggles from passing skaters and we came to our senses.

He incorpored and helped me on my feet, he pulled me against him and I was too shy to look at him. He pulled my chin and forced me to look at him. When I did, he slightly smiled and pecked my lips once again.

-"You know, you sing beautifully" –he said our lips were separated, his eyes slowly fluttering open. 

-"And you kiss beautifully, mister" -Jinhee replied and while he chuckled she caressed his cheek.

This time, he put his arms around her waist and when he kissed her, he pulled on her lower lip and gently pushed his tongue into her warm mouth… she nervously giggled as he tasted the sweet cocoa traces in , the kiss wasn’t rough, it was more like an opportunity to get to know each other.

She got a little brave and pulled her arms up from his chest and around his neck, her forehead touching his, for him it was like if time had stopped, for her it felt like she was the only girl in the world, he made her feel special...

♥    ~    ♥    ~    ♥

 

Suddenly Yoseob’s phone went off, startling both Jinhee and him. He looked at the caller ID, it was from Jinyoung hyung.

-“I’m sorry I really have to get this” –I said but my eyes questioned her if she was ok with it.

-“It’s fine, don’t worry” –she said and paitently waited beside me.

-“Hyung?” –I asked

“Yoseob-ah, there’s a rumor you’re around COEX mall?, I think photographers might be arriving soon” –his manager said from the other line. Yoseob freezed and cautiously looked around, he noticed a white van pulling across the rink. The door oponed and two guys with cameras came out. Yoseob hung the phone and took Jinhee by the hand.

-“Is everything ok?” –she asked as we reached the exit.

-“Jinhee I have to go, something came up. I promise you I’ll explain everything” –I said quickly changing shoes as she did the same. I quickly kissed her once more.

-“But… how…”

-“Meet me here on White day, please?” –I asked holding her hands tightly, she looked at me and nodded smiling. I smiled at her and was about to leave when she pulled my hand.

-“Think of me will you?” –she had taken off a 'J' shaped necklace I hadn’t seen behind her coat, and put it over my head.

-“I will”.

 

♥    ~    ♥    ~    ♥

 

When I got back at the dorm I  was probably smiling like an idiot because as I stepped in the living room, everybody fell silent.

-“Yah! Hyung what’s wrong with you?” –Dongwoon asked after everyone threw popcorn at me and I still didn’t wake from my daze.

-“Nothing” –I said simply.

-“Yah, stop pretending, we know you don’t have a girlfriend! Otherwise you’d tell us her name!” –Doojoon whined and everybody nodded in agreement.

-“Her name is Jinhee…”