Fall for you (BonLu)

One shot series [WJSN ver]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yahh, Kim Jiyeon, what’s gotten into you lately?” Sojung who suddenly barge into Bona’s office without knocking asked with a raise voice

“What’s gotten into me what?” Bona puts her notebook aside to entertain her best friend who is also her co-CEO of their company

“Ever since Luda started working here, you are somewhat different” Sojung close the door and lock it “What happened to the old Kim Jiyeon?” She continues speaking as she makes her way to the chair opposite of Bona’s

“What do you meant? I’m still the same tho” Bona tries to hide her smile when she hears the name Sojung just mention

“As if I didn’t see that smile” Sojung rests her back against the chair with her arms cross “Look, I know that you like her, but try to be less flirty in the office, will you?”

“Is that a complaint that comes from our staff or from you?” 

3 seconds have passed and still no answer from Sojung

“Ahah, I know it’s from you. Too bad that your Hwang Eunbi is working at the photo studio and not here, huh?” Bona takes the chance to ignite Sojung’s jealousy “Come on Sojung. If I can handle seeing you flirt with Eunbi everytime we go there to oversee the photoshoot session, I’m sure you’ll be okay seeing me flirt with Luda in front of you” Bona releases a tiny chuckles followed by a big grins showing her gummy

“Erghhh” Sojung’s grunt “I guess I really do have to get use to it but...” Sojung pauses a bit “on a side note, I’m actually glad seeing you like this” Her frowns exchanges place with a sly smile on her lips “I’m glad you finally found someone to love again” 

“Yeah, I’m glad I found her too” 

*****

Surprisingly to Luda, Bona isn’t the person she imagined she would be. Well, everything that she heard from Eunseo and Eunbi about Bona, are exactly what she didn’t get from the latter since she started working there 2 weeks ago. The two keep on reminding her not to mess up with her works even on her first day because Bona loves perfection, not to smile too much because Bona isn’t really fond of smiling, to talk clearly and don’t stutter or else Bona will lose her patience. Those warnings yet Luda still decides to accept the offer to work as Bona’s personal assistant. Perhaps, for the first time in her life, she makes the right decision.

Luda still remembers her first day, when she was left alone with Bona in her office, she couldn’t even introduce herself properly. She stuttered too much and she couldn’t even looked at Bona eyes to eyes because she thinks to much about the warnings from her friends. She even waited for Bona to raise her tone or something when the latter stood up - which Luda thought at that time, Bona is about to leave the office because she’s annoyed with her for not being able to give answers for simple questions - but what she gets in return is a glass of water and a warm tone from the latter “I’ll let you go since today is your first day at work, but I hope you will be able to talk to me a bit more clearly starting tomorrow, Luda” 

Ahh, and there’s also that one day when Luda totally messed up with Bona’s schedule. She already prepared herself to get fired the moment Bona comes out of the meeting room. They are walking in silence towards Bona’s car at the parking lot, with Bona walking a few steps in front of Luda. And Luda’s situation just got worse the moment they bump onto each other when Bona suddenly stop and turn around to face Luda who is walking with her head down. 

“Are you okay?” Bona gently rubs Luda’s forehead that got hit by the thick planner the latter is holding because of the tiny incident. That’s the first time, Bona feels the warmth of Luda’s skin, and the first time, Luda feels how icy cold Bona’s hand really is. 

“I’m okay” Luda answers as she takes a tiny step back, it’s getting harder for her to lift her face that is slowly turning pink.

“You know that you really shouldn’t repeat your mistake today” Luda can only nods in silence “Luckily the other party also have a conflicting schedule for the day” 

“I’m sorry. I understand if you choose to fired me” Luda answers, with her lowest tone voice.

“Who said that I’m going to fire you?” 

“You won’t?” Luda finally lifts her face, looking at Bona with a confounding face

“You really shouldn’t listen to what Eunseo and Eunbi said, Luda” Bona shakes her head in disbelief “Give me your phone” 

Luda hesitates a bit before ended up giving her phone to Bona. A few seconds later, after a few typing, she gets her phone back.

“If there’s any last minute changes in my schedule, or if you realize that you missed something the night before, give me a text and even a call whenever it is, alright?” Bona reminds Luda hopefully she won’t repeat her mistake again “Also, I’ve deleted my office hour phone number from your contact list, the one that you have now is my personal phone number” She says coolly before making her way towards the car

And today, yes, today, another unexpected thing happened. While waiting for Bona to be done with her overseeing the photoshoot session at the flower garden, Luda decided to take a stroll, and yes of course, she left a text message to Bona before she did to let the latter’s know that she did not run away or goes missing incase if she is still not back when Bona is done with her work. 

Walking around the garden helps to put her mind back at ease again, her work schedules are tight since her second day, having to follow Bona around for outside meeting that happen almost every day, if not for the meeting, they will still be out of the office to check on the photoshoot sites, sometimes even go to the boutique to see the clothing that will be used for the photoshoot despite having a specific team for those task. It’s not that Bona doesn’t trust her team, she goes there just to get an update from her team and often she didn’t interrupt with the discussion unless needed. Luda finds it amazing and adorable actually and slowly, a lovely smile crept on her lips.

“I wish you smile like that when you are with me” A voice interrupts her and her smile slowly fades away. She doesn’t even realize that Bona is already beside her as she is too focus adoring the white and red roses. 

“I did” Luda answers short

“But not always” Bona helps Luda to finish her sentence 

“I thought you don’t like if people smile too often” 

And this time Bona couldn’t held in her laughter 

“Did the two give you their words of wisdom again?”

Luda bite her lower lips before she nods 

“Yeahh, I kinda don’t like it when people smile too often, but those people aren’t you tho” And it’s Bona’s turn to feel bashful with the words that just slips out of  

“But it’s not fair if I smile at you and I didn’t get a smile from you in return right?” 

“It’s a deal then” 

“I’m sorry?” Luda looks perplexed, not quite understand what Bona is trying to say. 

“I’ll smile at you” Bona whispers into Luda’s ear “Starting today, I’ll smile just for you” 

And that lovely smile Bona gives her, is the smile that causes her heart string to tug a little, after years...

*****

6 months has passed and Luda is getting much better with her works. Her relationship with Bona - by relationship I mean professionally - is no longer awkward especially after all of those sudden late at night texts they exchanged. 

“Should I text her or should I not” Bona who is lying on her bed contemplating whether to send Luda a text or maybe she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter