0. Prologue.

IZ*ONE: The Global Girl Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The captain was fidgety when she walked up to the stage with the group. IZ*ONE was being introduced at the press conference as the main performers for the closing program of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. The group shared the stage with the South Korean president and the prime minister of Japan, who made the announcement.

This is it, the perfect opportunity. It can end today.

She felt the two knives under her dress with her right hand, shaking as it traced the metal frame of the knives. She noticed some familiar faces in the audience, waiting for her to complete her mission. She felt another pair of eyes keenly observing her, ready to stop her if she decided to act up. Eyes on me. , I hate that phrase now. She thought.

Her hands stopped shaking when somebody grabbed her other hand. It was the love of her life, one of the two reasons why she felt so conflicted.

She must choose now: her country or her happiness.

 

And she has decided.

 

In one swift motion, she grabbed the knives and threw it to her targets.

 

I’m sorry. I failed you.

 

As soon as she released the knives, she felt a big blow to the back of her neck. Soon, everything turned dark.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter