Final

The Love She Has For Me

She didn’t know why would it ended up like this.

 

Curling up in a small corner of the bed, in the warm blanket she was currently sharing with her most cherished person, she tried her best to hide her soft sniffles.

 

In case she woke her lover up.

 

She isn’t the type of girl who cries often.

In this rather small and seemingly weak silhouette, a strong soul lies within.

 

Yet this soul has revealed its weaker side to only one person, in exchange to a shoulder for her to lean on, whenever she has engulfed sadness and weariness more than she could bear.

 

She tried so hard to sleep but she just couldn’t dismiss the possibility that the love her lover has for her was starting to fade.

 

That argument seemingly had led to something worse.

She didn’t expect it, and her heart ached so badly she shed tears even days after the incident.

 

And what made things worse was, coincidentally her lover would be leaving for Milan for work the next morning.

 

In a situation where a couple was having a quarrel, this short parting rarely helped,

or so she thought.

 

No one was making the move to resolve the tension.

 

As if walking on a thin sheet of ice, she was rather afraid to face the problem, in case something she was trying to avoid would be unraveled.

 

 

She silently sat up at the edge of the bed, shivered as the bare skin being exposed to the freezing temperature. In this hour, her lover would usually be spooning her from the back, arms encircling her slim waist or she would be happily engulfed in her warm embrace, her forehead against her lover’s chin.

 

The warm was all she ever needed as the remedy to her wound.

 

Using her wrist to wipe away the tears, she wore her fluffy indoor slippers, grabbed a piece of luggage and a hand-carry from the closet.  

 

Sakura was very tired after the work, Hyewon could see it.

 

Switching on the lights might wake Sakura up, Hyewon tried to maximize her vision with the help of the slight rays of light coming from the windows.

 

She carefully selected the clothes and outfits Sakura would possibly be wearing in the entire week, folded them tidily and stuffed them into the luggage.

 

She lifted the luggage to the living room, preparing whatever belongings Sakura might need on the coffee table, and placed them neatly next to each other.

 

For a girl as goofy, as carefree as her, doing this for a person simply symbolizes how important that person is, to her.

 

…so Kkura doesn’t have to talk to me in case she missed anything.

When this thought came across her mind, no words could describe how painful her heart was.

 

 

 

 

Sakura was stirred from her sleep.

 

To be exact, she wasn’t sleeping really deeply.

As she heard the sniffles her little lover was trying to hide.

 

God knows how much she wanted to hug her, give her the warmth she deserved.

She was however too occupied with the problems she faced in her workplace,

that she mistakenly thought this issue between them could wait.

 

Not until she was urgently being assigned to visit Milan for a week,

meaning that she had to leave Hyewon later in the morning.

 

She didn’t want to leave her lover in such a condition. She knew it was gonna cause her so much pain.

 

Yet, her ego was getting into her way, she didn’t want to face her, as she knew the cause of the quarrel was majorly her fault.

 

Sakura heard Hyewon packing her luggage, grabbing them to the living room, and not too long later, she returned to their bedroom.

 

 

 

 

 

Hyewon grabbed Sakura’s favourite coat from the closet. She wrapped herself in that piece of clothing she acquired and covered herself in the blanket quietly.

 

She laid on her side, facing Sakura’s back, carefully keeping a distance between them both,

in case Sakura wakes up in the middle and gets annoyed.

She sniffed the oversized coat that was wrapping her small figure, enjoying the soothing scent of Sakura, feeling satisfied and sad at the same time.

 

It was the only remedy she deserved at the moment, she thought.

 

The glass of warm milk did not do its job as expected, all she felt was the searing pain in her heart.

 

I need you Kkura…

I couldn’t sleep…

 

 

 

After much hesitation, Hyewon gently scooted over towards Sakura.

Leaning her weight on her arm, she endearingly stared at her lover’s side profile, while Sakura was trying to maintain her breathes, pretending to be sleeping.

 

Hyewon carefully lowered her body, and planted a kiss on Sakura’s cheek.

A droplet of warm tears landed on her cheek before she longingly ended the kiss.

 

Why do you have to leave so soon...?

 

Sakura too, felt the pain so strong in her heart, seeing how much torture she had caused to such a weak girl who loves her so much.

 

“I will make you your favourite toast for breakfast later…”

 

Hyewon smiled a little although tears had blurred her vision, feeling contented, she snuggled closer to Sakura’s back, gently burying her face on her nape.

 

Goodnight Kkura…

 

 

 

The tear Sakura felt on her cheek had extinguished the ego entirely in the blink of the eye.

 

The ache clenched on her heart as if stabbing into her flesh.

 

Hyewon may look carefree, unbothered, and somewhat emotionless to others.

But to Sakura, despite spending all these years with her, she just discovered how much Hyewon could sacrifice for the person she truly loves.

 

What have I done to her?

 

Sakura could not contain her guilt anymore.

 

She turned her body, now facing Hyewon.

 

She saw how Hyewon curled her small figure in her coat to keep herself warm, tear stains trailing down her flushed cheeks.

 

Sakura couldn’t care more if Hyewon was still awake, she gently slipped her arm beneath Hyewon’s neck and engulfed her in her embrace.

 

She kissed her forehead, capturing every trail of the scent of hers.

 

The calming scent of hers resembled the warm milk she just had, with a hint of lavender.

 

Sakura had to make sure she still owns the girl, she put her another arm on Hyewon’s small waist, to claim her dominance over this lovely being.

 

Pretty sure she heard muffled sounds coming from the girl she was hugging. Sniffling and calling her nickname Kkura softly with trembling voice, but for now, in the peaceful silence, let the warmth do its job, heal their wound, mend their tie, and make the girl feel loved again.

 

In her Kkura’s embrace, Hyewon had the most beautiful eye smile in her sleep ever.

 

It will be a good morning indeed. 

 

 

---END--- 

Do let me know what do you guys think about this oneshot, thanks for reading!