Final

Pancake

“Brrrr Brrrr…” Soft noises came from the furthest end of the dorm and it woke up the most sleep-sensitive member up at around 2 am in the morning. Tired yet annoyed, she made her way to the ceramic tiles where a mess greeted her. 

 

“Oh hello, Kim Lip-unnie. Don’t mind me.” The shy youngest girl waved at her, telling her to go back to bed. However, the owl was curious to know what was going on, so she took a chair from the living room and shifted it to a corner where she wasn’t disturbing the work of the girl. 

 

The little frog didn’t say much, except showing each of the items to the older girl. As the owl’s groggy eyes scanned through all the items placed on the table, she found a bowl of black grinded solid. 

 

“What’s that?” She pointed to the unknown object before walking over to inspect it. To her shock, several hairs were found in the bowl of food. As she slowly pulled one out, her facial expression seemed to paint disgust over the entire area and she solemnly pulled Yeojin close to her. 

 

“Why is there hair here? And it’s not just one, there’s a few in it.” She almost dropped the bowl as her sight became clearer after each passing second. 

 

“Those are black sesame beans delivered by one of my relatives. It could’ve been contaminated on the way here.” The girl glanced at the bowl before continuing her own stuff. 

 

“No. It’s from this packaging, isn’t it? There’s nothing here. Did you possibly not wash the bowl or anything? Or you place it on the floor for convenience's sake?” Kim Lip was this close to bursting her veins but she held it in, not willing to make a scene in the early hours of the morning. 

 

“Now that you said it, yeah.. I didn’t wash the bowl.” She scratched her chin a little. 

 

“Oh my god.. Yeojin..” The older girl shook her head in despondence and sighed while dragging her feet back to bed, an action to possibly forget about whatever she saw a few minutes ago. 

 

“Goodnight unnie!” The froggie whispered loudly and went on to finish her food product.