Final

Daggers and Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon and Sana happened in freshman college. They started as a dorm mate. Even if they have different majors, they still managed to help each other by visiting one another's room. Sana and Jeongyeon both got their university shirts together. Constant teasing ensues because Jeongyeon told Sana that her shirt was too small for her, and she looked like a burrito wearing it, Sana will just pout on the teasing girl. Not a long time after sleepless nights of eating popcorn and few bickerings on the side while watching their favorite show on Netflix, Sana decided to ask Jeongyeon if they should give it a try. Jeongyeon says why not because she thinks that they have something in common. They shared their first kiss officially on that snowy winter night. Jeongyeon is currently taking law. Not long after, Jeongyeon got accepted in a law firm as a part-time secretary while Sana is still trying to figure out if she will get a part-time just like Jeongyeon. Time flies fast. Their peaceful life comes to an end when their new dorm mate starts to throw parties in their dorm every other day. The constant parties’ take a toll on their supposed to be sleep time, but their dorm mate seems to be unbothered. Jeongyeon talks to Sana because they have to do something about it, Sana suggests that maybe they have to move out and find another place to go and they both agreed into it.

While taking down notes on her class, Jeongyeon talks to her seatmate. She told her classmate about the problem they have at the dorm. She also mentioned that they want to move out because they can't take it anymore. Good thing her seatmate gave her some info about a vacant room in their university commons, Jeongyeon thanked her classmate and told her that she would look into it. The same day, during Jeongyeon's break time, she decided to visit Sana in their department, the economics department. Jeongyeon waits for Sana in her locker. After a few moments, Sana showed up with a few books in her hand. Sana smiles when she sees Jeongyeon and asked her what brings her to their department. Jeongyeon says that she got information that there is a vacant room in their university commons, and she wants to look there to confirm. They both held hands while walking, nobody is talking, but it’s alright everything is fine on this warm spring day.

A few moments later, they arrived at the said common house, and it was alright, there are a few bikes parked in the front yard and a soccer ball near the birch tree. They knocked at the door twice. After a few more knocks, the door opens, and it reveals a girl with a hime cut hair. Jeongyeon asked about the vacant room, and the hime cut girl confirms that they need a roommate to cut off their bills. The hime cut girl introduced herself, and she told Jeongyeon and Sana that her name is Hirai Momo, Momo also said that there are another two girls in the house, but they are not present as of the moment because they have a class. Jeongyeon thanked Momo, then Sana says that the two of them want to move in if it’s alright with Momo. Momo tells that she thinks it’s okay because they are looking for some roommates for quite a while, she will inform her two other roommates about the move in. Sana and Jeongyeon walked back together. Jeongyeon asked Sana if she like the common house, Sana says it’s alright because it seems to be quiet there and she also liked the aura of the place. A day just passed, and Jeongyeon got a message from Momo that they can move in whenever they want to. Jeongyeon walked toward their dorm and saw Sana, she gets inside the dorm with Sana eating a grilled cheese near the window, Jeongyeon asked Sana if she was waiting for her, Sana says yes because she was bored. And of course, it is not Jeongyeon if there is no teasing, Jeongyeon also told Sana that she looked like a squirrel munching that grilled cheese by the window. Sana rebutted and said Jeongyeon that she looked like a grumpy older woman, with a broom and a cauldron she will look like a witch.

Jeongyeon told Sana about the good news that she received, and they decided to move into the commons by tomorrow because they both don't have a class that day, and it was Jeongyeon's rest day at the law firm. They started packing their things as soon as the sun rises on the window. Jeongyeon texted Momo that they are on their way to the commons. Sana and Jeongyeon arrived on the commons, they noticed two girls playing with a soccer ball, it was Momo and the other girl they assumed that it was one of Momo’s roommate, but now it was theirs too. The two girls noticed the arrival of Jeongyeon and Sana and stopped their ruckus in which the soccer ball ends up hitting Momo’s head.

“Mitang! What is that for!?” Momo says while rubbing her head, clearly annoyed on what her roommate does to the soccer ball.

“Sorry, it slipped.” Mina defended herself and started to walk towards the two-person who just arrived.

“Momo, come on! They are waiting for us.”

“Coming, Ma’am!” Momo shouts and started to run to match Mina’s phase.

Jeongyeon and Sana can’t help but laugh at the two girls.

“This will be fun,” Jeongyeon says and then looked at Sana, which is still smiling.

“Yes, I think they are fun,” Sana adds, agreeing to what just her girlfriend said.

After Momo introduced Mina to their new roommates, Jeongyeon and Sana started to unpack their things upstairs. The sun was already setting down when they finished tidying their things. Both Sana and Jeongyeon go down to freshen up, while walking down the stairs, both of them noticed another girl who is sitting on the yellow couch together with Mina and Momo. Momo introduced Nayeon to both of them.

“Jeongyeon, Sana, this is Nayeon. She’s our grandma here.”

“Nice intro Momo.” Nayeon rolled her eyes in which latter lands on Jeongyeon and Sana.

Nayeon smirked with the two with a knowing look. She wiggles her eyebrows up and down.

“Sooooo, what's the deal between you two. Saw you guys holding hands while walking down the stairs.” She smiled, which showed her two rabbit-like front teeth. She is cute.

“Here goes nosy unnie.” Mina looked at Nayeon with her knowing look, but Nayeon is still unbothered.

At this point, there’s no reason to deny it. Jeongyeon says that they are in a relationship.

“Ah, yes, this is Sana. She is my girlfriend.” Jeongyeon admits, and Sana just answered them with her cheeky smile.

“Ha! See? I told you, Mitang. They are girlfriends. It was undeniable why didn’t you noticed it.” Momo says as if she won a debate with their council president and friend, Jihyo.

“So cute! You know guys, I'm going to find my girl asap. I know a lot of people have a thing about me. I just have to pick the right one.” Nayeon stands up and starts to walk back and forth across the sofa that they are currently in, crossed arms.

“Here goes jealous Nayeon. You know, you have to choose the one that you love because it looks like you’re just choosing a toy.” Momo this time is the one commented about Nayeon being a seems to be a pretty common sighting in this household.

They just talked and talked, and the talk lands on their majors. They learned that Momo is a psychology major, and Mina was currently taking language and literature while Nayeon is earning a degree in theatre arts. And Sana, especially, learns that Mina and Momo are also Japanese.

Seasons changed, and everything was great, even the company. The five of them clicked together when they have free time, they go to Peppers Place, a café not so far from their university. But when they are not, they are just hanging at the commons watching movies or either listening to Jeongyeon’s joke, and sometimes Nayeon will sing to them until they cram into their different places separately. Not that Nayeon is a lousy singer, it was just she’s singing the same song for the nth time already.

One day Jeongyeon wakes up with a sound of a ball dribbling outside, she immediately checks out through the window, and she saw Momo practicing her shots. Jeongyeon was confused, since when they have a basketball ring in their yard. Jeongyeon, who is still on her pajama, gets up. Sana was still sleeping on her bed, Jeongyeon goes downstairs. She brews some green tea, checks the refrigerator for food. Empty. Just like her stomach, green tea is excellent for now. She goes outside where she sees Momo earlier, Jeongyeon sat on the parasol not so far from the dribbling Momo.

“When did we get a basketball court here?” Jeongyeon asks while sipping her green tea while watching Momo shoots a layup.

“Yeah, we put them yesterday. You had a class yesterday, gave my number to one of the basketball members, you know me, I won’t give my number to anyone unless I have some motives. ”

“So basketball is your thing now? How about soccer? Saw you with that ball, and all I can say is how did you even do that dribbling? And Mina, I think she also knows how to.”

“Well, yeah, I like soccer too,” Momo says, moving away from the ring, then she shoots a three-pointer, and it drops.

“Seems you have a talent in sports, I am not a sports person, but I think that is a three-pointer. Wow. Is there a sport that you’re not good at?” Momo’s potential in sports amuses Jeongyeon. Momo stops her shots and goes to the parasol where Jeongyeon is currently sitting, and she sat on the left side opposite Jeongyeon.

“If love was a sport, I’m doing terrible.” Momo started to talk as she breathes on the cold breeze of the morning. She wiped her sweat, then closes her eyes as she speaks again.

“Sounds serious. Care to talk about it?” Jeongyeon asked Momo, but she doesn’t want to push her because she knows that this is a serious matter. Anything related to love is supposed to be serious. But Momo seems in need of somebody to talk about this.

“You know, I love this girl for so many years now. And I just can’t tell her my feelings. It’s funny how a person can break your heart, and you can still love them with all the little pieces.” Momo says as she tries to fight not to let out a squeal.

“The thing is, that person doesn’t even know that they hurt you, Mina seems too oblivious,” Jeongyeon adds, and she sipped another warm green tea.

“Yeah, that too. It’s really hard for me. Whenever I see her, I just want to tell how I feel. The bad thing is, I always see her, but not that bad, I want to be by her side all the damn time.”

“By the way, how did you even know that it was Mina? But yeah, right, I guess she’s the only one who doesn’t know that.” Momo adds as she tries to remember if she already told Jeongyeon about this matter. But she doesn’t tell anyone about this as far as she would remember.

“Yeah, but it seems you that you have a valid reason for not confessing up to this point. Right?”

That hit her, and that made her question herself. Why though? What is the reason for her to push back her feelings to the person she loves? She doesn’t know, for now, she will just continue to hold her feelings back, again.

The finals are coming; everyone is cramming, so does Sana and Jeongyeon. It was a cold night, and the stars are not visible in the window. They can already smell the rain coming a few minutes or hours from now. They have flopped together in their shared room’s respective beds are indeed full of study materials. Sana wears her short sweat pants and her purple hoodie, which is Jeongyeon’s. Jeongyeon, on the other hand, wears her black pajama and a gray Finn and Jake shirt.

Their room has two beds, a folded black towels that are stored on a shelf located on the top of their desk. Hanging on the left side of the desk are six shirts and four pairs of pants. On the floor down below are three pairs of Nike sneakers, two pairs of black boots, two pairs of brown sandals placed neatly in rows. The wood desk is just in front of the window. In the right corner of the desk is a plain white plastic cup with several pencils and pens in it. Next to the cup is an old black digital alarm clock and a laptop charging. There is a brown bulletin board on the wall opposite of the desk with a class schedule pinned to the upper left corner, a couple of their selfies is also there printed out and pinned.

“Really, Sana?” Jeongyeon blurted out of nothing while scribbling something on her notes. Sana was taken aback by the sudden comment from her beau.

“W-what? Did I do something wrong?” Sana stops everything she was currently doing and puts down the paper that she was holding on her bed. She was looking at Jeongyeon. Confusion is clearly written in her face.

“Yes.” Jeongyeon, with her short reply, still not bothering to look at Sana.

“I didn’t eat your three vanilla yogurt on the fridge, I swear!” Sana exclaimed, she puts her hands in , she just admitted it, and there is no turning back now, she bites her lower lip and closes her eyes because Jeongyeon’s eyes are currently piercing her. I'm doomed, Sana says in her head. Yes, she is. But really? Is she doomed?

“What? You eat my yogurt?! Sana, I am saving that for my next day off!” Jeongyeon says, she raised her voice slightly than usual. Now Sana got Jeongyeon’s full attention to her and immediately stopped whatever she’s doing.

“What it is then? Is it about this hoodie? I will give back to you – hold on.” Sana tries to take off her hoodie, but Jeongyeon stops her.

“Noo… Sana. Stop. I wasn’t serious about that, okay. I’m sorry, just forget it.”

“How am I supposed to do that now? It was bothering me already, just tell me Jeongyeon.”

“You’re distracting my education, don’t you know that there is a law in Arizona, criminal code 13-2911 Interference with or disruption of an educational institution--” Jeongyeon says in a monotone, but the girl stops, yeah, they are not in Arizona. It was not applicable, and she just thought of it by now, she just got back on her materials and continued what she was doing.

“W-what's that supposed to mean?” Sana asked Jeongyeon. The poor girl was clearly confused by what just Jeongyeon has said.

“Don’t wear shorts when I am studying, okay?”

“But I am always wearing shorts,”

“Okay but don’t wear them when I’m studying,”

“Is that so? Just watch me when I wear crop tops too.” Sana looks at Jeongyeon with a teasing smile. Jeongyeon grabbed the book beside her and covered her flustered face with it. Jeongyeon indeed loves to tease Sana, and the girl can’t do something about it, but when Sana is the one who teases, Jeongyeon ends up as a flustered mess.

“But why are you so distracted at my legs? Yours is longer than mine.”

“That’s not the case; it is two different things, go get on your jammies, please!”

Sana looks defeated, she shakes her head, but she smiles, either way, she gets up and goes to their closet and grabs her pink pajama then goes to the bathroom to change. After a few minutes, Sana opens the bathroom door and gets back to her bed.

“I thought that it was all about the yogurt. But I regret nothing. It was delicious, anyway.” She says confidently. Right, Who doesn’t want a free yogurt?

“What the hell Sana. The nerve. But whatever I will just buy another set of yogurt. Just forget it.” She grabs her notebook again and starts to write something into it, just like earlier.

“Are you mad, Jeongie? I’m sorry If I distract you and about your yogurt too, I’m sorry.” Sana then goes to Jeongyeon’s bed, not minding her things falling on the floor as she stands up. Typical Sana, that’s normal. Sana hugs Jeongyeon, burying her head into the girl’s neck while whispering her apologies. Jeongyeon grabs her book, Bleak House by Charles Dickens, she gets a piece of paper from her binder, and she folds it, then put it in a particular page as a bookmark, Sana still clings to her. Jeongyeon puts back the book by her side as she pats Sana in her head.

“No, I am not mad at you, you can take all my things, and I will never be mad at you, ever. I didn’t even get mad at you when you stole my heart.” Sana hears a chuckle from the other girl. Sana can feel and hear the heartbeat of the girl who is still patting her head. A silence answers them, but it was comforting, and no one wants to break it. A few more moments passed, and Sana still not moving or breaking her hug from Jeongyeon.

“Sana?” Jeongyeon pats the girl’s back. But she doesn’t get a response.

“Are you sleeping? Hey, Sana?” Jeongyeon stopped the attempt to wake up the girl, and she thought that it was okay if the girl will get some rest for a few minutes. But she can feel the warm rapid breaths of the girl in her embrace.

“I miss my family; I miss mom and dad, grandma, too,” Sana says in a muffled voice.

“Hmmm. Do you want to visit your family in Japan? I can file a leave so we can go there together if you want.”

“It’s fine, Jeongie, and I just had a video call from them on Monday. And besides, I have a lot of school works that misses me more,” Sana stands up and picks up all the things that fall earlier, she tossed it back on her bed and flopped down again. Jeongyeon just watched Sana. Jeongyeon gets back on her business too, and she gets back the book where she put a bookmark on earlier and continued to read it. Sana, on the other bed, looks at Jeongyeon, who’s busy reading her book as she constantly writes something on her note too. Sana can’t help but think that sometimes home doesn’t always have to be four walls and a roof, but two eyes and a heartbeat. Sana is contented, and that is all that matters.

However, downstairs, Momo’s clock marked 10:37 pm, and the girl was constantly checking out her phone as if she’s waiting for a message from someone. Yes, she is waiting.

Nayeon noticed it and called Momo out. The two are sitting on the living room sofa. Light music can be heard coming from the stereo on the table near the kitchen door.

🎵 Distance, timing, breakdown, fighting, silence, the train runs off its tracks, kiss me, try to fix it. Could you just try to listen? Hang up, give up. For the life of us, we can't get back…🎵🎶

“Momo, Mina can handle herself okay, she’s an adult.”

“Sometime’s adults do stupid things too,” Momo says as she rechecks her phone. Still, no message or any notifications from Mina can be seen.

“Yeah, but not Mina, she is not like that,” Nayeon adds as she raises her arms and does some stretchings. Nayeon also worries about Mina being at a party all alone, she can’t do something about it either, but she knows some of her classmates like Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, and Dahyun. They will reach out to her just in case since they have Nayeon’s phone number.

“Ughh Why did we let her go to that stupid party of them.”

“It’s their class party. If it wasn’t, we could go with her, but it is not just a normal party, so we were not allowed there.” Nayeon adds she was trying to convince Momo that Mina will be alright.

Momo, with a defeated smile, focused on her pile of long hand-written notes. She was trying to get off her mind at Mina.

“I gotta sleep. The study says that people who sleep late because of studying tend to get a lower score because of their lack of sleep.” Nayeon got up and collected her materials, puts them in a bag. She carries her bag and some folders, she walks away and goes to their shared room.

“Whatever grandma, you can’t even stand to sleep late.”

“Don’t stay up too late, or else your pair of brain cells will be fried.” Nayeon snaps back, stick her tongue out on Momo, and closes the door to the room.

Since Nayeon was gone and Momo got the sofa all by herself, she lazily lays on the couch with a few notes on her hand for her to review. Minutes passed, then minutes turned into hours. The girl gets up and goes to their kitchen and grabs something to drink. She saw a blue-colored Gatorade, and she gulps the remaining drink from it and throws the bottle on the trash can on the corner. From the kitchen, she can hear a fumbling on the doorknob and a few muffled voices on the other side of the main door.

Momo goes out of the kitchen. The main door opens, revealing Mina and her classmates Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. Momo knows that one of the reasons why Mina comes to that party is because of the fact that Chaeyoung will be there too. Momo knows the other girl’s feelings; however, Mina doesn’t know what Momo feels.

Momo told herself that it was alright. That night when Mina told her about her crush on her classmate Chaeyoung, Momo just listen to her story, she nods and agrees to Mina’s compliments on Chaeyoung. In Mina, those compliments were like flowers and honeybees, but to Momo, it was undoubtedly a piece of rocks that were being thrown at her. Was she supposed to be jealous? Yes, indeed, it hurts. Momo can set aside that, and it was alright because Mina is smiling, and it was all that she can ask for. Now Momo knows what hinders her from telling her feelings to Mina was because she was afraid, it was a fear of humiliation, a soul-crushing rejection awaits her.

Mina was not that drunk, Momo thought that maybe Chaeyoung or Tzuyu stops Mina from drinking too much, and she was thankful for that. Momo guided Mina on the couch, and then she goes back to Chaeyoung and Tzuyu on the front door. Momo thanked the two girls, she bowed, and the two went away. She closes the door and heads directly to the kitchen, she grabs a bottle of mineral water and pours it into a glass. She came back to where Mina is. She saw the girl on the couch with her hands covering her face.

“Here, Mina, drink this up.” Momo offered the glass of water in her hands. But the girl on the couch was not even moving an inch.

“Mina? Is something wrong?” Momo adds, she already sensed that something was not right. A quiet sob let loose from the girl, and Momo’s ears were too sharp not to hear that.

Momo sat on the couch beside the girl. She puts down the glass of water on the coffee table in front of them.

“You can always tell me something about this. I’m all ears. You know that.” Momo looks at the girl beside her, trying her best to comfort her crying friend. That triggers Mina. She cries out loud as she grabs Momo’s neck, tears flow on Mina’s eyes, and Momo can already feel her favorite shirt getting wet, but it’s alright because it was Mina. Mina will always be an exception for Momo.

Mina opens up to her, not long after. Momo listens to Mina like she always does. Momo learns from Mina that Chaeyoung and Tzuyu is a thing now. Momo thought that wasn’t she was supposed to be happy about it? But Momo can’t make herself happy, just the thought of her friend being broken hurts her more than Mina’s non-ending compliments on Chaeyoung does to her.

It was a lazy Saturday afternoon. A month and a half passed since Mina cry her heart out in Momo’s arm. Nayeon is in school for their upcoming theatre play, Jeongyeon is in the office for her part-time job, and Sana is on her class. That leaves Mina and Momo on their home, alone. Mina is sitting on the couch with her feet above the small coffee table. Her eyes are on the phone while scrolling through her Instagram account. Momo sits beside Mina; she is munching some randoms snacks while watching a show she doesn’t even know what the title is. The living room is a mess. The coffee table is full of empty beer cans, pieces of crumpled paper, and there’s a lot of plastics wrappers on the floor together with tiny bits of snacks all over, some random shirts and socks are all over the place.

“I can already hear it. Can you hear it too?” Momo suddenly says, she looks at Mina.

“Yeah, we’re doomed.” Mina chuckled

“Jeongyeon will gonna kill us. This place is trash.” Momo turns off the television then grabs her phone beside her. She unlocks her phone, Momo’s lock screen is them five, the picture was taken back then on their favorite café, Nayeon on the center she got a mustache from her cappuccino, Mina is on the far left with her beanie, she wears her gummy smile that Momo likes a lot. Momo is beside Nayeon looking goofy with her peace sign, she was trying too hard to wink, and it seems so awkward. Jeongyeon, with the most extended arm, snaps the picture with her signature puckered lips, Sana sticks her tongue out and do crossed-eyes. Those were the times when they are not busy and just goofing off around the town.

“You can just bury me on the backyard, Mina,” Momo says as she opens up her messenger to check on their class group chat. Few new messages but nothing important.

“Bold of you to assume that she will not kill me too.”

“Well, she seems to have a soft spot for you.”

Momo suddenly got this random idea from a post she saw earlier, so why not give it a try. Mina might take a hint or something. About the time, she will do something about her feelings. Still afraid but not that much. She’s getting a little hope whenever she sees Mina smiles again.

“Hey, we can clean this mess later. Jeongyeon goes home around six or something.”

“We still have a few more hours. So, how about we create a playlist for each other in Spotify? You know I think it’s fun. I will create for you, and you will make mine.” Momo suggests, she opens her Spotify and showed it to Mina.

“Sound’s fun. Watch me as I put random annoying music on your playlist.” Mina says as she laughs. Her smile makes her eyes squint. It seems her eyes were smiling too. Momo saw that, and she smiles too.

“You will not do that. Hahaha”

They exchanged phones, they both headed to Spotify as they create each other’s playlist.

“Promise me that you will listen to this. These songs are interesting, like me, of course.”

“Nayeon, is that you?”

“Time to get some confidence too, Mitang. And good point, yes, just stick with Nayeon; she’s a narcissist.” Momo replied, and Mina smiled back at her.

“She’s just sometimes got full of herself.”

“Yeah, sometimes,” Momo says sarcastically, and she continued to build up her playlist for Mina.

A few more tapping on the phone, Mina is the first one to finish her playlist.

“What’s taking you too long, Momo? Don’t tell me you put all Twice’s song there?”

“Good idea, but no. Just see it for yourself.”

“Look, I am done.”

“Great. Let’s see what you made for me, Mitang.” They get back on their own phones. Momo sees the playlist that Mina made for her, and it was named “BFF” ouch, Momo says on her mind. Did I just get rejected? That what she thinks. Momo got hurt again. But it’s alright because it was Mina.

Here are the songs included in Mina’s Playlist for Momo

Playlist entitled as “BFF”

Count On Me- EP Version – Bruno Mars

I'm Only Me When I’m with you -  Taylor Swift

It’s Nice To Have a Friend – Taylor Swift

Real Friends – Camila Cabello, Swae Lee

We’re All In this Together – High School Musical Cast

Friends – Meghan Trainor

Sit Still, Look Pretty -  Daya

Locked Away – R. City, Adam Levine

Counting Stars – One Republic

Lean On Me – Bill Withers

I’ll Be There – Jess Glynne

Post Malone – Sam Feldt, RANI

Meanwhile, Mina was busy checking out the playlist that Momo creates for her. There’s something odd about the playlist, but she can’t directly point it out. How can a girl with a GPA of A be so dumb about this kind of thing? Well, that is love for you.

So here goes Momo’s playlist for Mina.

Entitled as “Hey It’s Okay, that’s love.”

I Like You A Lot – Linda Lind

Sorry, I Like you – Burbank

I like You – Olive James, Olivia Rudeen

I Really Like You – Carly Rae Jepsen

What I like About You – Logan Mize

I Want You to Want Me – Cheap Trick

I Want You- Savage Garden

Want You Bad- The Offspring

Want your Love- Stonebank

You’re the One that I Want – Dylan Rockoff

Lucky – Jason Mraz

Signal – Twice

Momo thinks that Mina got a hint or two. Mina plays some songs from the playlist she had. But all that she got from Mina was some random comments about the specifics of the music that Momo puts in her playlist.

“This is bops! Thank you, Momo.”

Momo earned a hug from the other girl. So, that’s it? She doesn’t even take a hint or something? I can’t believe this girl. Momo thinks and hugged the girl back.

“See, Mina, I do have a taste. Told you so.”

“Yeah, you certainly have. But hey, how about the playlist I have made for you? Did you like it?”

“Yes, I like it, Mina. I love it.”

“I love being your friend,” Momo adds up. She doesn’t want to show that she was kind of hurt, so she smiles, but Momo can’t help but let out a squeal in the words that she said. Momo got up and started to clean their mess, Mina also helps, but Momo is too hurt to start a conversation with her. After that, Momo goes to their bathroom, Mina heard the bathroom door being locked, after awhile water running from the sink can also be heard from outside. Mina can already sense that something is not quite not right from that very moment. Maybe Momo got really hurt by that even though Mina knows nothing about it.

Momo, on the other hand, doesn’t stop sending her signals towards the girl. Whenever she is with Mina, she goes reticent, and that is not so very Momo-ish. Mina will just let it slide. Momo then sometimes will ask her out, only the two of them. She will say okay, they will talk casually about things like they usually do. Five of them will hang-out together, will get drunk with their hearts out. Momo will randomly say, “Mitang, what would you say if I told you I like you?” Mina will just answer casually says that Momo is just drunk. Mina thinks that nothing really changes between them; it was still the Momo she knows. But Mina can’t really hide this odd feeling that Momo is sending her. Momo suddenly will get very awkward towards her. There are times that Momo is not able to look Mina in her eyes; that is not the kind of Momo she knows. Mina sometimes will catch Momo glancing at her, but Momo will turn her head away from Mina and will start a casual talk to either Jeongyeon, Nayeon, or whoever is in the vicinity.

Time passes, and seasons changed; some feelings won’t, and most notably, winter means vacation. Momo will stay and the others too, but Mina has to go back to Japan for their family holidays. They really look excellent, just minus the awkward glances between the two. Mina wears her brown coat. There’s a dark green scarf hanging on her neck. Mina grabs her suitcase and her purse ready to go. Her friends bid her farewell as they hug her one by one, Momo hesitates when it was her turn, but she still does anyway. Momo got a letter in her hand, and she slips it in Mina’s coat. The other girl doesn’t seem to notice it. Mina bid farewell to her friends and told them that she would be back by the first week of January.

“Did you give it to her Momo?” Sana asked the girl who is still looking at Mina’s trace outside of their living room. The snow is heavy, just like the words Momo imprinted on the letter she wrote for the girl. She was supposed to give the letter personally, not just slip it on her coat, but the courage she builds up got frozen at the exact moment.

“Yes, I gave it to her. Kind of…” Momo closes her eyes and lets out a sigh.

“Don’t worry, Momo, she will understand. She’s your best friend.” Jeongyeon says as she walks toward Momo and pats her on her shoulder.

“Right. I am her best friend.”

“Aww…Hey, don’t be sad, Momoring.. we’re here for you. Mina will be back, so how about let’s just enjoy our vacation? Let's get drunk!” Sana says cheerfully, clearly trying her best to make the girl smile. Momo just gave Sana a weak smile.

Nayeon already has a plan for herself, though. She also plans to go back in Gangdong-gu, her hometown.

“So, guys, do you have any plan for your holidays, I mean we can just stay here and celebrate it, right?” Momo, this time starts the conversation; they are currently gathered in their kitchen for their breakfast.

“I already have a plan,” Nayeon says, then she bites her buttered toast in her hand.

“Care to share?” Jeongyeon says while she carefully stirs her white coffee.

“Nothing special, just going back to my hometown. So, guys, it seems that none of you have any plans, so why not just come with me.”

“We do have a lot of activities there, especially during the holidays. Then we can get drunk in the evening. We can also try to join in on this snow-cone eating competition. I think its fun.” Nayeon adds she was trying to convince the three to go with her because Nayeon stands on the saying the more, the merrier. She was quite sure that her family won’t mind it if she has some company. And besides these people in front of her is already a family for her.

“Yes, that’s fun. What a dumb way to die. I like that.” Momo says, she runs her hand in her hair while she was playing with her bacon strips using her fork.

“Okay, I’m in. You got me in the drink at night,” Jeongyeon says.

“This alcoholic , for sure Jeongyeon will agree if Satan will ask her for a drink in hell,” Nayeon told Jeongyeon

“Yes I will, good thing you will be there too Nayeon,”

“Excuse me? Are you implying that I will go to hell?” Jeongyeon nods, Nayeon flashes her annoyed face to Jeongyeon

“I will go wherever Jeongie is.” Sana cuts off them to avoid further bickering between the two older girls. Then she blows a flying kiss to Jeongyeon, Jeongyeon answer Sana with a disgusted look and then laughs it off.

“I’m serious though, do you think I am joking?, I’m gonna follow Jeongie even if she goes to hell, I will be there too,” Sana says that while locking her eyes at Jeongyeon, her tone was very casual. Jeongyeon drops her toast on her plate, she doesn’t have a choice but to duck her flustered face on the table to hide her face, Sana, however, can’t help but to show off her victorious face as she grabs her cup of warm coffee and takes a sip. Poor Jeongyeon, being defenseless against almighty Sana.

“Right in front of my bacon strips,” Momo dropped the fork on her plate with such force.

“Ahh, love. It will conquer all. Don’t mind, Momo. She is in the puberty stage. Alexa, play My Girl by Temptations. On repeat.” Nayeon says and claps as if she was giving commands to a butler. Obedient Alexa on the kitchen counter plays the song as Nayeon requested. Momo admits it was nice to have someone who shares the same heart as yours; someone will get through ups and downs with, someone to share the love with.

Alexa: “On repeat, My Girl by Temptations.”

Music filled the air, Nayeon bops on the music she requested nudging her shoulders up and down, snapping her finger. Just as then, Nayeon sings, and they got their free surprise concert in the morning.

🎶 I've got sunshine on a cloudy day when it's cold outside, I've got the month of May
…Well, I guess you'd say, what can make me feel this way? My girl, my girl my girl. Talkin' 'bout my girl…🎶

“You two are being this disgusting early in this morning. Seriously? And Nayeon nobody wants a concert early in this mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter