Promise Rings.

Valentine's Day.

Five years of dating and the two have finally become public about it.

The response was what they had expected.

Sure, a lot had cried and complained about it, even sending out hate messages, but not long later, the hate had become bearable.

There were still some who couldn't get over the fact that their beloved, greasy Woohyun oppa was taken and had been taken all along for five years already.

wowwh: I'm sorry, Inspirits. I've been a bad boyfriend to all of you. I had promised to love you and only you. But it's true. I still love my Inspirit girlfriends, if there's still any left. I am sorry, once again, for keeping my relationship a secret. It was all I could do to protect everyone that I love. Love is unavoidable and I've been struck hard.

That was his immature tweet to his fans. He didn't ask for any forgiveness but apologized for all the secrets he kept for the past years.

Through time, some fans had come to accept this. They still supported him. Although some had jokingly jumped to another member, they would still scream his name during his solos.

Some even bothered to make friends with his girlfriend, Mina. 

After some stalking, fans had found out that she was probably more than worthy of the idol (although some refused to acknowledge that).

Yong Mina was a young business woman. She owned a book store and a coffee shop adjacent to it.

Some fans even took the time to visit the place, though some had annoyed the workers as they only lingered and never bothered to purchase anything.

---

It was the eve of Valentine's Day. Infinite's mentions were flooded with tweets: bold confessions, suggestive messages, and even marriage proposals.

Woohyun's mentions were slightly different though, because most of them were questions and greetings concerning his long time girlfriend.

mimimi: Oppa, what are you going to do with Mina unni tomorrow? I'm sure you're going to take her on a romantic date ^____^

gyugorl: Oppa, let's have a double date. Me and Sunggyu oppa, then you and Mina unni ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

jaepoop: Ah, oppa. This is the first Valentine's ever since you announced your relationship. I was hoping to have a date with oppa this year •ㅅ•

Woohyun sighed as he clicked enter after typing a new tweet. Looks like he'd be disappointing WooNa shippers.

wowwh: Happy Valentine's Inspirits! Unfortunately, I cannot spend it with Nana. But fortunately, I'll be spending it with dear Inspirits instead. It's a date! 츄! 츄! 츄! =.=

---

jaestar: Aww, Mina unni, let's hang out! Woohyun oppa is cheating on you with Inspirits for the day.^^ Let's have a date instead!^^

mimis: Noona, your boyfriend is a bad boyfriend. Date me instead! XD

shjiy124: Unni won't be spending Valentine's with Woohyun oppa? Why? :o

Mina scrunched up her nose after reading the ridiculous amount of mentions on her own Twitter account. A hundred followers turned into thousands after they announced their relationship. 

She already knew about her boyfriend not being able to spend Valentine's with her as he had informed her beforehand. But she didn't know that it was going to be that big of a deal, especially to his, and her, fans.

minabanana: I understand. I'm a good girlfriend, right? Yes! 훗! Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope you have a good one! 뿅! 뿅!

---

minabanana: Happy Valentine's Day everyone (again)! I hope you have a good one. I have to go now. Busy day ahead. There will be no date for Mina. It is known. 후후. 안녕! 화이팅!

Just as she pressed the post button on the screen of her smartphone, it froze. A moment later, it rang with his heavenly voice.

"Jagiya, please answer the phone. Please, please. Chuuuuuk!" his voice sang to the tone of the band's Nothing's Over. "Answer! Answer!"

Mina chuckled. That had been her ringtone for years and she wasn't planning on changing it yet. And as much as she wanted to hear more of the ringtone, she knew she had to answer the phone. At times, he really didn't like waiting, especially if her dial tone was not their, or his, song.

"Hel—"

"Ya, why is your tone Jay Park sunbaenim's song? And why didn't you pick up? You listened to my voice again, eh?" he immediately babbled from the other line, chuckling airily at the last question he asked.

Mina rolled her eyes but giggled anyway.

"Why not? I like his song," she simply replied.

She heard him humph. He was probably puffing his cheeks.

"Jagiya," this time his voice sounded sweeter.

"Mm? Yes, baby?"

He giggled like a school girl. He always found it y and cute at the same time when she called him baby.

"Happy Valentine's Day," he greeted.

"Mm, happy Valentine's Day to you too," she responded with the same amount of gentleness. "I love you."

"I love you too," he said it so endearingly and huskily that it gave her goosebumps.

Five years of dating wasn't a walk in the park. Especially since they had to date in secret. They could no longer count the secret late night/early morning meetings, the stolen kisses while no one was looking, the sneaking out escapades. But still, they rarely saw each other, which helped in their relationship. Because they would miss the other too much, it would add to the affection whenever they would finally see each other. And besides, Mina was just as irresistible and lovable to him as he was to her. In short, they still had that same amount, if not, more, definitely more, affection than when they first started dating.

"What are you up to today?" he asked with a sigh.

He so badly wanted to see her. However, both their schedules made it impossible.

"I have a meeting with a manager of a publishing company about some book delivery errors. And then, I'm going to restock and look for more quality products for the cafe."

Hearing her tell him about her day ahead exhausted him more. She was as busy as he was, especially since she was into business that was slowly rising. It used to confuse him, her schedules. He didn't really know and like the confusing meetings she goes through in a day, but now, he had become used to it and had even learned a few pointers about business from her.

"Mm, okay. I miss you," he confessed. "It's been three weeks."

"One," she corrected. "Birthday, Woohyun. Birthday."

He rolled his eyes. She always liked to be specific while he exaggerated.

"Hyung!" Sungyeol's voice called out to him just as he was about to say something. "Let's go!"

He growled. 

"I want to talk to you more, and would love it more than anything else to spend the day with you, but—"

"I know, I know. Duty calls," she interrupted. "Go Namstar. Make your girlfriends happy."

He laughed.

"You're the best girlfriend. I promise I'll take you out on a post Valentine's date. Okay? I love you, Mina baby!

"I love you, too," she replied and waited for him to hang up before she pulled the phone away from her ear.

A bright smile tugged on her lips. The phone call was already enough to make her day.

---

Mina tiredly punched the code of her apartment.

She didn't do much, but she was exhausted. Mostly because of the drive home. The traffic had suddenly become unbearable. Maybe because it was Valentine's Day.

Surprisingly, everything went on smoothly; her secretary had done everything that needed to be done in advance, the meeting with the publishing house manager was civil (as she had expected the manager to be giving her a hard time...again!), and the canvassing for new ingredients and products for her cafe ended rather quick and easy.

She entered her apartment and hanged her car and office keys by their strap on the hook by the door.

She tensed when she picked up an odd scent. She was always wary.

She turned around and headed to the small hallway. She gasped upon seeing the small candles lighted on either side of the hallway. It formed a walkway for her to follow.

With light steps, she walked towards where the candles led her: the living room.

She covered with a hand to hide her embarrassing expression. She swore she looked funny with her eyes popping out and hanging wide open.

Woohyun was standing in the middle of a large heart formed by candles. He was holding a bouquet of daffodils in one hand and a stuffed panda on the other.

He chuckled at her stunned expression.

"Surprise?" he said.

"Oh my god, please step out of the heart!" she ordered after composing herself.

He raised an eyebrow but did as he was told.

Suddenly, she had jumped on him and her arms were around his neck, he had stumbled backwards towards the armchair of the couch, thankfully.

He wrapped his own arms around her waist and laughed.

"Woah! Woah! Excited!"

"You have no idea," she mumbled against his shoulder.

They pulled away after a while and he handed her the bouquet for a smell.

She scrunched up her nose then smiled at him. She never really liked the smell of flowers, but she loved them.

She placed them on the coffee table and received the stuffed panda.

"Aigoo, so cute!" she exclaimed as soon as she had her hands on it. "Now, let's go meet your new family."

Mina skipped to her room and placed the panda next to the stuffed animals Woohyun had given him. There were about six including the panda; a bear, a dolphin, a koala, a dog, and a frog.

She skipped back to the living room and was greeted by the sounds of camera flashes.

She raised a brow at her boyfriend who had taken out his phone and started taking photos of her.

He laughed when he viewed the pictures.

"This is so going on my Twitter," he taunted.

She scowled.

"And your underwear is so going to eBay," she retorted wittily.

"Touché," he replied. "Hungry?"

"Very!" she moaned and rubbed her growling belly.

He smiled warmly and took her hand, leading her to the nicely set up table next to the ottoman.

They sat side by side on the floor in front of the table.

A candle stood on its stand on top of a small box in the middle of the food.

Mina's mouth watered and her stomach growled loudly. She had forgotten she had skipped lunch, but she didn't tell him. He'd flip again and nag her about her losing weight.

"Don't eat everything at once. Wouldn't want you to get indigestion again. I bought some cake, too. I would have made a much sweeter dessert, but I didn't have time," he said.

She nodded and gave him a sweet peck on the lips. 

"I don't mind," she said with a smile. "Let's eat!"

---

Dinner was sweet and neither of them tried to rush it. It was perfect. The candlelight illuminating the room gave off a romantic vibe. They fed each other lovingly and wiped the stains on their lips with a kiss. She didn't listen to his warning and ate everything she could. In the end, the bowls and plates were wiped clean. 

"Ah, I'm so full," Mina announced and leaned against him.

Woohyun laid a had on her belly.

"Ooh, fat—"

"Shh! The rest come out when you call out to them," she said and slapped his arm.

"Well, okay. But don't blame me with the upcoming indigestion, okay?"

She turned her head and scowled at him.

"Hmp..."

"Oi, baby, ah!" he said and snapped his fingers.

He lifted the melting candle by its stand and took the box underneath it.

He crawled a few feet away from Mina and proceeded to kneel in front of her, holding the box in front of him.

Mina gasped, a million thoughts rushing in her brain all at once. This was it. He was proposing to her!

Seeing the surprised expression on her face for the second time that day, he laughed.

"I'm not proposing, dummy," he said, instantly diminishing her thoughts and fantasies.

Her expression was instantly replaced with a look of disbelief. Her lips twitched in annoyance.

"You!" she cried and pointed a shaky finger at him. She had been deceived.

"Me!" he exclaimed teasingly.

He lowered her raised hand and twined their fingers.

"I, Nam Woohyun, am not proposing to the girlfriend, Yong Mina," he declared. "I am simply promising."

Mina tilted her head to the side.

"What are you talking about?"

He rolled his eyes then cleared his throat.

"I am not proposing. Yet!" he continued. "I will. There is no specific date yet but one day, I will. I will propose to you, and you will say yes, and I will marry you, and we will have adorable babies, and live happily together."

He scooted closer and opened the box, revealing a simple white gold band, a baby blue colored gem adorned the middle.

"Wear this and always be reminded of my love for you, of my pending proposal, of our future together, and of everything that concerns me," he went on. "Except the bad things."

Mina giggled and wiped the tear that escaped the corner of her eye.

"I love you and I always will. You are beautiful and perfect and amazing. Say yes when I ask you to marry me, okay?"

All Mina could do was nod as he slipped the ring on her fourth finger.

---

minabanana: I'm so happy :)

---

If ever those Twitter "usernames" have owners, I apologize. Hey, I even used mine and Jae's.

Hearts to you from me, Woohyun, and Mina. 

This oneshot turned better than what I had written on the drafts.