The Search

May Angels Lead You In

"Okay, so what do we do?"

Younghyun found himself on the outskirts of a small town with his companion. He was a little concerned about their predicament, to say the least. Wonpil was bleeding still from losing his wings, and Younghyun wasn't sure if humans could see his or not. Heading into town with wings on his back? Not the best look. "I guess we should look around for one of us?" 

No one had been cast out for quite some time, so finding another fallen angel was going to be difficult. They ended up all over the place too, so there was no guarantee that any of them remaining would even be in this country. At least Younghyun could fly still, but Wonpil was in no condition to go soaring through the skies. 

"I can try to call to them? Someone? Anyone?" 

Wonpil looked extremely desolate, like he was grasping at straws here. The pain of being cast out was still raw within them both though. They just needed a safe place to sit out this pain and adjust. Younghyun watches as Wonpil takes a step forward out of the brush and towards a small road, his angellic voice beginning to herald out. Younghyun knew humans couldn't hear this, not unless the angel wanted them to. Only those with heavenly ears could hear such a call. As beautiful as it was, it was full of pain, both physical and emotional. It hurt Younghyun to hear it himself, but it was necessary. 

Now... they wait. 


On the other side of town, in the stuffiest top level of a house anyone could envision, a humble, stoic kind of 'man' sat at his desk, writing out some mail slips. Being immortal was tough for employment, so running his own ambiguous online store was about the best Sungjin could manage for steady income. It paid the bills and hid his identity, it was could enough for him. Unfortunately, he had to share this messy home with two other men. Men... boys. Two boys. 

"Could you guys keep it down please?" He doesn't even look over his shoulder as he chides them, slight annoyance lacing his voice. He can tell by the sound of thundering feet and hard, goofy laughter that the two boys were using his packing boxes for some kind of obstacle course game of tag. 

"Oh come on, how much focus do you need to write out mail slips? It's just copying addresses. It's Saturday, chill out." 

Sungjin roles his eyes at Jae's retorts, letting out a low groan of displeasure. He can hear Dowoon snickering quietly as well. Stupid kids. 

"I am 'chilled out'. Unlike you two, I have to work Sat--" He stops himself mid sentence, hearing the angellic, heavenly cry, his eyes immediately darting to the window. Was someone else cast out? Sungjin had been the last one to be damned to the human realm, which happened a century ago. It sounded close by...

"Did you two hear that?" Sungjin asks, his eyes scanning the streets below for any sign of heavenly life. Jae and Dowoon looked between each other, confused, before looking back to Sungjin. 

"Hear what?" 

Sungjin sighs. That confirmed it. Only angels could hear that call. He gets to his feet, grabbing his zip up hoodie out of habit and moving to put his shoes on. 

"Dude, what's going on? You're being kind of weird." 

Sungjin ignores him - he's good at ignoring Jae at this point - and grabs his keys before opening the door to the outdoor stairway. "I'll explain later, just don't destroy anything while I'm gone." Explain what later? He pondered this as he clattered down the metal steps and made his way onto the sidewalk. This wasn't exactly something easily comprehended by mortals. God, angels, it was all a belief, not fact, and it was kept as a belief for a reason. God held quite a temper though, and sometimes the important things took a backseat to his own brand of divine justice. 

All that aside, Sungjin had to figure out how to make sense of all of this to his roommates, but first was finding this angel.


"No one is coming."

"You don't know wthat."

Wonpil was being incredibly pessimistic about the situation, but Younghyun couldn't blame him. Wonpil had it far worse than him. Younghyun had every right to be negative about this whole debacle, but he was choosing to be positive for the both of them. "They may have their wings cut too, they could be travelling by foot. We might have to wait for public transportation of some kind to get them here, it could take days." Younghyun wanted to hope that God was kind enough to plant them next to another fallen so they could at least link up and help them adjust. His wrath was unpredictable though, and placing them as far away from help as possible could be part of their punishment. 

"Does it look like I have days?" He gestures to his back, which was still bleeding. The stains had grown in area on his shirt. This was bad. 

"Uh.. hi?"

Both angels looked to the source of the voice. Younghyun, for the first time that day, held some hope in his heart. "Hi.. H-- Oh my--"

He recognized him, and he knew Wonpil did too. Goodness, what was his name... Sung-- Sungmin? Sunglin? No...

"Sungjin. I'm Sungjin."

"Right!" Younghyun snapped his fingers, pointing at the other as if it was some kind of Eureka moment. He then smiles a bit. "You have no idea how good it is to see you."

"It's been a while." He wasn't surprised that he was only somewhat familiar. Memories of the fallen were usually erased over time. They weren't worthy of the heavenly kingdom anymore, their memory shouldn't stay either. He remembered these two clear as day, though. Younghyun and Wonpil, brothers. His heart went out to them. He knew of the bond sibling angels had, and how it could be amazing in shared joy, and atrocious in shared suffering. Getting a glimpse of Wonpil's back, he can only imagine the pain they were in now. 

"Come on, let's get him cleaned up. Then we'll talk."