Reminiscing before Bed Time

Happy Family

"Get back here you little rascal!"

Chaeyeon shouted as she tries to chase her very energetic daughter. 

The little one could only laugh at her mother as she goes from sliding through the doors, crawling under the bed and even hiding into the closets.

"Wonnie! Come on now."

Chaeyeon continues to chase the toddler, until they got to the kitchen where her wife is cleaning the dishes.

The little girl saw her mom wiping the plates and she took this chance to cling onto her mother's legs to use it as defense against Chaeyeon's chase. 

"Chae, I thought you are going to put Wonnie to bed?"

The woman infront of the sink softly says as she ruffles her daughter's hair. The little one could only giggle and cling even more to her mother's legs.

"But mama, Im not tired yet!!"

The girl whines as she pouts, making both her parent's hearts melt.

"But Wonnie, it's past your bedtime."

The woman says as she carefully lifts up the pouting girl. She then place a chaste kiss on the kid's cheek and gave the little one a warm smile.

Chaeyeon on the sidelines, just took her time appreciating the warm scene infront of her.

Her beautiful and loving wife with her mischievous yet cute little angel. 

It was perfect.

Chaeyeon then smiles as she looks more at her wife who is seemingly having a little arguement with their 5 year old daughter. 

"Beautiful."

Chaeyeon could only whisper at herself as she saw how her wife smiles as if she's being taken back to the very first time they've met.

 

 

+++

 

 

"Lee Chaeyeon!"

A girl who almost looks identical to the said girl above calls out. 

It was a sunday morning yet the commotion in the Lee household is never ending. Why? Well today is Lee Chaeryeong's engagement party, Chaeyeon's younger sister. 

 


-

 


Chaeryeong pulled the blanket off of her sister's body making the latter curl up into a ball.

"Yah! Unnie! Wake up!"

Chaeryeong shook her sister like their is no tomorrow, but Chaeyeon being the heavy sleeper that she is, groans and faces the other way. Chaeryeong could only shake her head as she calls out for their mother. 

Soon Mrs. Lee came inside Chaeyeon's room with an airhorn. Seeing this, Chaeryeong grins as she knows her mother really has the capability to pull such pranks at her lovely daughter.

"Are you really not going to wake up now?"

Mrs. Lee asked calmly as she shook Chaeyeon one last time, but the girl didn't budge, and instead she clungs even further on her fluffy white hug pillow.

Chaeryeong smirks at this behavior. She knows fully well that her mom would seriously pull that little prank, so her being a mischievous sister readied her phone camera and starts to record the impending madness that is about to happen.

"WHAT THE !"

Chaeyeon shouted as she fell from her bed. 

"Language, missy."

Mrs. Lee, muses as she put the airhorn on her apron pocket. Chaeyeon could only rub her forehead while her sister laughs at her.

"Oh my god, you should have seen your face unnie."

Chaeryeong remarks as she continues to laugh at her older sister. Chaeyeon glares at the younger but this did not stop Chaeryeong from almost rolling at Chaeyeon's room floor.

"Okay, both of you stop that already, and Chaeyeonie. Take a shower the visitors are almost here."

Mrs. Lee instructed with softness laced in her voice. Chaeyeon nods at her mother. 

Mrs. Lee smiles and gave Chaeyeon a soft peck on her cheek before dragging the tearing up Chaeryeong out her room.

Chaeyeon smiles as she watched the retreating figure of her mother and sister disappearing from her room.

"Crack heads."

She muses as she stood up and walk towards the shower room.

 

 

-

 


"Unnie! Come on! Stop mopping around and come with us."

Yena screamed from her room. She and her girlfriend Juri has been invited to Chaeryeong's engagement party.

"I don't want to!"

The woman lying on the couch with a big comforter wrapped around her making her look like a burrito hissed in frustration.

The younger who has been pursuing her since yesterday shook her head and ran down to the living room to forcefully drag the older woman out. 

They are now having a tug of war with the comforter which Yena pulled away from the stubborn older woman. The latter didn't budge and instead, she grab the other end of the comforter and pulled it towards her.

"Eunbi unnie! Stop this already!"

Yena reprimanded as she continues to tug on the other end of the comforter. 

The older woman only gave out a glare and forcefully tug the other end once more.

"Are you two seriously going to play tug of war until the end of the day?"

A soft voice asks from the sidelines.

"Juri!"

Yena beamed as she let go of the other end of the comforter to jump onto her girlfriend and envelop her with a hug. Eunbi on the other hand stumbles back after Yena lets go of the comforter.

"Yah! Choi! What the hell!"

Eunbi winced as she rubs the back of her head that hitted the back of the couch.

"Oh my god! Im so sorry unnie!"

Yena ran back as she continuously utter soft sorries towards Eunbi. Juri on the other hand giggles at the sight of the two, one feeling guilty and one who is about to throw hands.

"Okay, both of you stop that already."

Juri cuts them off while she approach the couch and make her way towards Eunbi.

"Unnie, it's a special request from Yuri that you come."

Juri smiles as she handed Eunbi her phone.

The older took time to read the contents of the email and sigh in defeat. She can never say no to Yuri after all.

 


-

 


"Why do I even have to sit to this boring family thing?"

Chaeyeon whispers onto Chaeryeong's ear earning an elbow to her stomach and a glare from the younger.

The family of the engaged couple has been talking for about an hour now about the wedding plans and other stuff after.

"Excuse me, babe. I just need to talk something with my sister."

Chaeryeong excuses herself while she drags Chaeyeon with her.

"Unnie, please. Be on your best behavior! This is my engagement we are talking about."

Chaeryeong said disappointedly towards Chaeyeon whom has her head hang low.

"Ryeong, Im sorry. It's just that it's really boring besides. I can see mom giving me glances. I bet she's thinking when will I get married."

Chaeyeon then retorted as she held her hair back and sigh.

Chaeryeong only gave her older sister a warm smile and a hug. 

"Don't worry, hag. She's probably just worried on who would care for you when you get older. Anyhow lets go back Im sure Yuri is looking for me now."

Chaeyeon fakes a gag after Chaeryeong winks at her. They both laugh and then proceed back to the living room where Yuri greeted Chaeryeong with a tight and loving hug.

 


-

 


"We are here!" 

Yena rushed inside the Lee's mansion and happily skipped towards her bestfriend Yuri.

The latter whom has almost the same features as Yena greeted them with a warm smile and a hug.

"Congratulations on the engagement, Yul."

Eunbi muses as she pinch the latter's cheek making Yuri a bit teary. 

Soon after Chaeryeong emerges from the kitchen and gave Yuri's visitors that are also her friends the tightest of hugs.

"Ryeong! Where are my car keys. Need to go down town to fetch something!"

Chaeyeon calls out which earned the attention of everyone including the newly arrived group.

"Yul, whose that?"

Yena questions as she lightly elbows Yuri. Yuri beamed a smile and put her arm on Yena's shoulder.

"Chaeyeon unnie. Ryeongie's older sister."

Yena could only form an o with her duck lips and started to giggle.

"Is she single?"

Yena asks which earned a shocked expression towards everyone.

"You unloyal duck!"

Eunbi gasps as she shakes her head. Yena started to panic and hit Eunbi on the shoulder.

"That's not what I meant! Geez!"

The group suddenly starts laughing leaving Yena dumb founded and pouting.

 


-

 


"Thank you, Ssamu! Also bid my hellos to Hii-chan too~"

Chaeyeon muses as she exited the flower shop. She looks at the lovely bouquet and happily skipped towards her car.

"Ryeong will probably love this!"

She exclaimed as she starts to turn her car keys and drive back home.

 


-

 

"This is why I don't want to be with you! Duck!"

Eunbi glares at the younger whom has been trying to match her to every single person in the party.

"Come on, stop being a stubborn hag."

Yena whines which earned her a slap from Eunbi. The older then sighs and shook her head.

"Ryeongie!"

A loud call took everyone's attention except Yena and Eunbi whom are having a little arguement. 

Chaeyeon took notice of this, but what she doesn't know is one of the person she's looking at right now will be her future.


+++

 

 


"Is their something in my face?"

Eunbi softly asks Chaeyeon.

The latter suddenly snaps out of her trance and gave Eunbi a smile as she shakes her head. The older woman smiled at her.

"Come on now, Wonnie. Let's go to bed."

Chaeyeon slowly approach Eunbi and took the child from her. She then slowly retreated back while lightly swaying wonyoung in her arms as she hums the little girl's favorite song.

This scene made Eunbi remember the very first time Chaeyeon held Wonyoung into her arms.

 

 

+++

 

"Chae!"

Eunbi screamed as she grips on her wife's arm. 

The older woman is now going through her labor and Chaeyeon is starting to panic, luckily Yena sped her way towards the couple's house.

"Unnie! Lets go!"

Yena barges at the door while Juri held their car open. 

After placing Eunbi inside the car, Yena floored the gas and drived off like a mad woman. 

Chaeyeon could swear to god that they had broke more traffic rules in that short drive than in their whole lifetime, but they did not care. As soon as they reached the emergency room Sakura, Chaeyeon's bestfriend immediately instructed the nurses around to assist Eunbi.

"Kkura! Is she going to be okay!"

Chaeyeon's voice was laced with worry. Why wouldn't she, everyone whom she ever asked about giving birth said that one feet of the person giving birth is already hanging on a grave, and that information scared her. She doesn't want to lose Eunbi.

Sakura giggles as she flicked her bestfriend's forehead.

"You dork! Im the best OB in this town! So stop grimmacing. I've looked over Eunbi from start until now. So chill. She will be fine. I can swear that on my very own grave!" 

Chaeyeon smiles at her bestfriend whom gave her a pat on the shoulder.

"Want to come inside the delivery room to greet your very first angel?"

Sakura then muses as she started to take off her white lab gown and make her way to the changing area. Chaeyeon just nod and followed the Japanese doctor. They changed into operating suits and put on medical masks, gloves and even a shower cap.

"Okay! All set! Time to meet your little Lee!"

Sakura smiled at Chaeyeon and walks towards the delivery room.

 


-

 

 

Beads of sweat can be seen on Eunbi's forhead, and with the last remaining strength the woman has, she took a glance at her new born child.

"Look at you. Such a pretty little angel"

Eunbi softly muses as if she was wisphering. Chaeyeon on the other hand is still in shock. She never thought there would come a day that she would be a mother.

"Do you want to carry her."

Eunbi glances at her stunned wife as she smiles weakly at her.

"S-sure."

Sakura smiles as she took the baby out of Eunbi's arms and slowly places it on Chaeyeon's.
The latter somehow panicked, handling such soft little fragile being made her a bit scared.

"I-I changed my mind. Take her back!"

Chaeyeon started to shake involutarily due to the terror of breaking the fragile little girl, but Eunbi slowly reached for her arm to calm her down.

"Honey, it's fine. Don't panic."

As soon as Eunbi's hand touches Chaeyeon's skin the younger felt warm— she started to relax as the tension on her shoulders subsides. She then glance back towards the little angel in her arms. Suddenly it hits her.

Tears started to well on her eyes as she slowly rocks the little fluff back and forth.

"Wonyoung."

Chaeyeon muses as tears of joy started to fall from her tear ducts.

Eunbi smiled at the sight of Chaeyeon happily welcoming the new addition to their family as the younger envelops their daughter in a careful yet protective embrace.

 

+++

 

 

"Chae."

Eunbi slowly crept on Chaeyeon's back as she wraps her slender arms on the latter's neck while she place her chin on Chaeyeon's broad shoulders.

Chaeyeon hums as she slowly caresses her wife's arms using her left hand while her other hand lightly brushes on Wonyoung's dark brown locks.

"Looks like you did a good job putting her to sleep."

Eunbi then chimes as she plants a kiss on Chaeyeon's hair. 

The latter could only giggle as she slowly stands up and face her loving wife. Slowly, she puts her hands on Eunbi's waist and lead the older's arm up to her shoulder. They swayed together as if they were dancing in an orchestra of love songs.

Chaeyeon then smiles and put their foreheads together as if they are the perfect puzzle pieces that are meant to be together.

"Yup, I did a good job. So where is my reward."

Chaeyeon muses as she twirls Eunbi, the older the chuckles as she positioned her arms around her wife's neck.

She pulled the taller down and gave her a warm and passionate kiss.

"Is that a good reward?"

Eunbi then asks as they continued to sway, Chaeyeon then let put her boisterous laugh, which made Eunbi slap her on her arm.

"Wonnie is sleeping! You dork."

Chaeyeon then toned her laugh down and mouthed a little sorry. She then detached herself from Eunbi which made the older pout a little.

Chseyeon then headed back to the side of her daughter's bed and kiss her little angel's forehead.

"Goodnight baby."

She then straighten the blanket that is covering the little girl. Eunbi also did the same, and the couple slowly walk outside.

They leave a small gap at the door so even if Wonyoung wakes up the little girl will not be scared of the dark. 

 


-

 

 

The two adults reached their room that is at the end of the hall. Chaeyeon then quickly sit at the corner of their bed and stretches her slender arms out.

Eunbi knows what Chseyeon was implying and she slowly walks towards her wife with a smile plastered on her face.

"Is their a problem?"

Eunbi asks as she brushes her palms on Chaeyeon's hair. The latter shook her head as she clings on Eunbi's waist and bury her head on Eunbi's chest.

"Are you not feeling well?"

Eunbi then again asks.

Chaeyeon then paused and suddenly shoots a look at her wife. 

"I just missed you."

Chaeyeon cutely muses as she gave away that puppy eyes. Eunbi giggles and gave her loving wife a tight squeeze and a kissnon the forehead.

"I missed you too"

Eunbi softly said which made Chaeyeon smile from ear to ear she then settled her head back on Eunbi's chest as she intently listen to her wife's heart beat. 

With eyes closed and arms around one another, they enjoyed the warmth and presence the one gave to the other. 

A warm and loving sensation, which they know, will forever hold a deep meaning for them both.

 

==

So yey! After writing this earñier I already finished it! I hope you enjoy reading it!! Since I was really bored I came up with this little fic~

 

Give me a comment so I would know what to improve~