Prompt

There are two sides to a story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll be right back, Hitomi.”

Hitomi watched as the brunette stood up from the bed they were sharing to go to the restroom. This was not the first time that she had slept there, nor was it the first time that they did something more than just sleeping. They met by chance in a party which included Korean socialites and high-ranking officers of the Imperial Japanese government half a year ago. Chaewon was the daughter of a rich Korean lord in Hanyang, while Hitomi was an assistant to the General of the Japanese Army. Since the men dominated in numbers, it was natural for the two women to gravitate together and bond. Until now, Hitomi believed that Chaewon thought that they were fated to see each other in that party, which evolved to the happy and passionate relationship they have now.

But it was not fate.

It was Hitomi’s assignment.

Once the door slammed shut, Hitomi quickly got off the bed and rummaged the rich woman’s closet. She tried to be as efficient as possible in looking for clues that would end her mission and as a result, give her the promotion that she had been eyeing for a long time. Chaewon would be back soon, she thought as she closed another set of drawers.

“How did this woman have so much jewelry?” Hitomi mouthed to herself in frustration. Although it was not her first time in Chaewon’s room, she hadn’t had the chance to search it since the woman was a light sleeper and rarely left her alone in her room. Her frustrations were suspended, however, when she opened two drawers simultaneously.

The contents of the drawers were so different but equally shocking as Hitomi tried to decide which one to examine. The drawer to her left had a black pistol with a brown handle surrounded by bullets which might have been knocked out of order due to Hitomi’s rough demea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter