[FINAL]

Drone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

——————————————

 

A genius individual who has sacrificed thirty-one years of her life without any enjoyment in between invented the impossible.

 

Down the basement, piles of brightly-coloured cables attach itself on each side of a metallic entryway. As the inventor switches the power generator on, a small wave of energy begins to expand the entrance, producing distorted patterns. The aggressive flash frightened the inventor yet pushed aside the fear of becoming a failure and took a few courageous steps to look closely if her greatest invention has decisively reached the ending she envisioned it to happen a long time ago.

 

"I want to save the future!" her enthusiastic younger self previously declared to the people around her. Those authentic words became a reality now that she's 37 years of age. It's an everyday motivation to bring world peace. She stayed true and strived to be the sacrificial hero of her generation, although her invention will not be acknowledged by the many. 

 

But will it work? Dahyun is beginning to discredit her hard work, the more unsuccessful her creation becomes. It came to a point where her passion lost its meaning. However, that feeling of loss swiftly vanished when chaos itself began to harm defenceless humans like her against the powerful and corrupted individuals.

 

Years spent with endless self-commitment, the world grew dim and depressing, but Dahyun's plan towards achieving her ultimate purpose never come to a standstill. 

 

Whenever a piece of expensive equipment is needed, she entrusts this responsibility to one of her main contributors, Son Chaeyoung. They don't get along as much yet they have a comparable intention which strengthens their friendship.

 

"Alright! Let's change the future, shall we?" Dahyun mutters to herself before she goes back to her computer and does the finishing touches.

 

Under her desk, Dahyun slams a green button with her feet to communicate a significant source. "Tzuyu!" she yells the name of the person on the other line - enthusiasm can be caught in her voice. Tzuyu appears on the screen facial expression look stressed.

 

That could mean, she is back in prison? At this point, she's a regular. That dummy with her kind heart doesn't give a damn being taken by police, even if her jail time takes months to wait. She already got locked last year, and now she's doing it again.

 

According to Tzuyu's narration, Chaeyoung hijacked a truckload of meat to feed the poor. It's a yearly tradition if corrupt people continue to increase the price of goods. Chaeyoung despises corrupted people. It motivates her to steal valuable products and sell them in the black market at a higher value. Her doings may be dangerous and a bad influence to every younger generation, but it takes a human hero to play as a villain to benefit a whole society. Dahyun learned that after the first time their second youngest teammate was sent to jail. She was crying all over the place, screaming at the police for their bad treatment towards the lower-class. Ever since then Chaeyoung took the role of a villain on screen, she didn't care about her actions signifying as an immoral deed. All that matters is the number of people she can help along this bumpy path.

 

"I'm sure Chae will be out of jail in no time - I need you to do some important favour though. Will it be alright for you to send me those drones from the attic? I placed them in the corner of my bookshelf. There's like a hidden door in there. Once you open it, you can see a huge white box somewhere beneath a pinball table." Dahyun thoroughly explains while Tzuyu listens to her words attentively. 

 

Five long minutes of a seemingly never-ending wait, the white box arrives without a single scratch on display. Dahyun cuts through the tape with a knife, rechecking the condition of the stolen drones she asked for Chaeyoung to do.

 

Activating the generator once again into full power a portal started to form bit by bit. Dahyun prepares her drone, a camera attached in the middle, crossing her fingers that this machine will operate properly.

 

The inventor breathes in deeply. Save the world. Save the world. Her mind keeps on chanting those words. She scanned through her computer, hundreds of numbers filling the entire screen all can be understood by a genius who is herself. She confidently typed some numbers on the keyboard and press enter without much thought. Everything seems to be under control by the looks of it. Dahyun doesn't need to worry about anything in particular. The chance of failure isn't sinking in yet. "Ready for the final countdown in three, two, one!" her controller moves in a smooth motion, drone heading its way into the opened portal. She tries to reverse it, move it side to side and controls it forward in case it needed more fixing to make it stable. However, the spare drone she took is functioning quite well. 

 

The drone flew straight into the portal as Dahyun continuously observes the computer screen. Good thing the camera is a high-quality product. No blurry background to adjust despite the camera lenses becoming out of focus when the drone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter