너와 난 하나니까

Never Say Goodbye

Donghyun stood near the sea, admiring the view and breathing in the salty scent that soothed him. He always came to the sea whenever he felt stressed, and this time was no exception since his midterms were just around the corner. He watched the waves as they crashed onto the shore, the sound they made calming his nerves. A small smile adorned his face as he sighed and closed his eyes. He felt so peaceful.

Not far from where he was standing, he could hear a faint sound of a male humming. His voice was as soothing as the shore, but it felt strangely familiar to Donghyun. He opened his eyes and scooted to his left, in order to hear the voice more clearly. He was humming a Hotel Del Luna OST, and he was leaning against the railing wearing a mask and a bucket hat, his dark golden locks peeking from underneath it.

He had a sad glint in his eyes, as he also stared out at the horizon, like Donghyun was doing earlier. Donghyun walked closer towards the guy, catching his attention.

"Um.. hi. Your voice is very soothing. It reminds me of someone but I can't remember who."

The guy nodded shyly and smiled under the mask, but Donghyun only noticed the troubled look in his eyes. "Thank you." The guy said, and Donghyun could swear that he recognized his voice. But he wouldn't be able to believe it if his guess was true.

The guy removed his hat to fix his hair, and Donghyun was dumbfounded.

"....Woojin hyung?'

The guy stopped in his tracks and Donghyun's eyes welled up with tears.

'Is it really you?'

The guy pulled down his mask and appeared to be none other than Stray kids former member Kim Woojin. Donghyun's heart was racing, and he felt like he was going to cry. But he couldn't allow himself to cry in front of his bias.

It had been over a month since he left stray kids, and Donghyun still couldn't believe he wasn't a member anymore. But there he was right in front of him, smiling at him, his smile not reaching his eyes. Donghyun had so many questions.

'How have you been?' He asked him.

'It was very difficult at first, but I'm getting better. I don't deny that it hurts so much to leave, but I need to get used to it. I miss my dongsaengs so much, and I also miss stay a lot.'

'Stays miss you too, actually I am a stay. You've been my bias since the survival show. To me you always stood out among the other members, and although I love them so much, but it's just not the same without you. Why did you leave?' Donghyun's voice cracked at the last word.

'I'm sorry that I can't reveal the reason. But like I said in the survival show, stray kids are nine or none.  Even if things don't work out as planned, that will never change. Do you believe this?'

'Yes, but I miss you too much. Stays miss you too much. I want to see you on stage again, I want to hear you sing.'

'Maybe you will someday, Donghyun.'

'You remember me?' Donghyun asked, shocked.

'Of course. I remember you from a fansign, you were so cute while you were excited to meet the members. And the letter you gave me was one of the most touching I ever received. I still go through my fanmail to be reminded of how loved and appreciated I am by stays. Hey, why are you crying?'

Donghyun couldn't hold back his tears anymore. 'I'm just so glad you're fine. I love you so much.'

Woojin pulled his mask back up and wrapped his strong arms around the emotional stay, engulfing him into a bear hug. Donghyun squeezed his arms around Woojin and dug his forehead into Woojin's chest, trying to stop his sobs but failing miserably. Woojin rubbed up and down on the smaller boy's back, trying to calm him down.

'It's okay, it's going to be just fine. I will always love stay, no matter what.' Woojin placed a light kiss on Donghyun's hair, and he let go after the boy's crying had ceased.

Donghyun blushed, realizing that he was in such a Y/N situation. He was just comforted by his bias with hugs and kisses and sweet words.

Woojin heard a notification on his phone, and his expression changed upon reading it. 'I need to go now, someone is waiting for me. Take care, Donghyun. I hope we get to meet again.' He smiled.

Donghyun held Woojin's hand. 'Thank you, Woojin hyung. Thank you for existing. You and the rest of stray kids made my life happier. I wish you all the best. Live your best life and don't worry about a thing, okay? I love you.'

'I love you too. Tell stays that I love them too. Good bye!'

'Never say good bye.. Woojin hyung. Because in our hearts, you never left us.'