The One and Only Chapter of...

Fear

 

A loud scream resonated in his ears, followed by the sound of objects crashing on the floor. His eyes burst open upon hearing this, and immediately sat up his bed. He did not know what was going on in their dorm, and with that he started to feel very anxious. He slowly scanned his bedroom as his palms had gotten sweaty from the fear of the possibility of having a supernatural happening in what he considered to be his safe house. He never really liked ghosts. Even if he appeared to be the manliest of the group, he can never sit all throughout a horror movie, nor could he enter a haunted house in an amusement park.

Seeing that everything in his room was still intact, he then believed and persuaded himself that what he heard was only in his imagination. He was already drifting away back to dream land when he suddenly heard a loud whimper. ‘Oh my God! This place really is haunted.’ he thought, panicking and pulling the sheets tighter around his body. “I have to get out of here…” he mumbled. As he was contemplating on where he would spend the night, another scream was heard, and this time he knew very well to whom that voice belonged to.

His heart was pounding hard against his chest as he imagined what might have happened to his friend on the other side of the door. ‘He couldn’t have a stalker, could he?’ he thought. ‘But then again, with thousands of girls throwing themselves at him, there’s a high possibility that there would be demented fans among them!’ he added. Adrenaline started pumping through his veins, his heart beating loudly against his ears for what seemed like a thousand miles an hour, as he gained the courage to save his friend.

His eyes darted back and forth across his room, looking for some sort of weapon. After a while, he spotted a baseball bat near his closet with a note attached saying “My dearly beloved G.O-oppa, I know that you know that you’re mine. ONLY MINE… You receiving this gift proves it! :D Please show the power of your love for me and use this to swat away other girls, alright? ;) – Forever and ever truly yours, your waifu” He did not even remember having received this gift but as of that moment he reminded himself to thank that certain possessive (and creepy) fan girl. He dashed to the closet, got the bat and with shaky hands, opened the door to where his troubled friend was.

“Seungho!” he shouted as he searched for his friend at the living room. Upon scanning the room, he realized that it was already too late. The couch had been flipped, the picture frames scattered all over the floor, and even the objects on their coffee table was a mess. Silence loomed in every corner of the room.

Upon seeing this, he expected the others to have woken up as well but it seemed that he was the only one to have heard the commotion outside of their respective rooms. ‘After all, everyone else must be sleeping like a rock after a very hectic and continuous schedule of rehearsals, photo shoots, and TV guesting… Aish! Those kids…’ he reasoned with himself. Finally, he found Seungho crouching behind the couch, trembling.

He carefully treaded through the living room, feeling the shattered glass crackle under his feet, breaking the eerie silence. Slowly, he moved the couch out of the way, and crouched next to Seungho. When he patted Seungho’s back, the other, broken from his reverie, became aware of his presence and looked up at him. With that he noticed Seungho’s even more darkened circles, reddened eyes, tear-stained cheeks, and quivering mouth. His friend had been crying. “Oh my God! Seungho, what’s wrong?! What happened?” he said as he immediately dropped the bat he was clutching so tightly, and hugged his friend. He rubbed Seungho’s back as the other tried calming his tears down. They stayed like that until Seungho whispered his name. If he were even a few centimeters away from his friend, he most definitely would not have heard it. It was as if he just heaved out a long sigh.

Moments like these have been very rare. His friend, being the leader, always had to keep up a strong façade. He had to be there for the others to depend on him, not for him to depend on them. That is, after all, what his friend had said to have realized during his managerial stint for his newly debuted group. It had been the first time seeing his friend at this state. He seemed so fragile. As if a single touch could easily break him.

He hated seeing the leader like this.

“Byunghee,” Seungho whispered again, snapping him out of his thoughts. “What is it? Tell me what happened,” he replied still rubbing the leader’s back. The leader sniffed a few times then said, “I… I saw something…” “What did you see? Tell me…” he whispered back, trying his best to comfort the broken leader.

Seungho, however, seemed to have not gotten over what happened. He shook his head violently as a new set of tears threatened to fall off his tired eyes. “just-- it’s over there, okay?!” he replied, pointing at the kitchen to the right of the living room. Byunghee understood, and trudged towards the kitchen.

The kitchen was also a mess. As if someone had just bombed the place. Their utensils and plates were all over the place, milk spilled all over the kitchen floor, and even the left-overs from their previous dinner was messily scattered all over the dining table. Aside from the mess, he found neither anyone nor anything out of the ordinary. Frowning, he looked at Seungho, still crouched at a corner of the room, and said “There’s nothing in here but mess! What the hell are you talking about?”

He went back to where Seungho was, held his friend in his arms and whispered, “You have to tell me what’s bothering you. You know I’m always here for you… We’re always here for you. Please don’t keep all your problems to yourself. I can’t stand seeing you like this.”

Seungho found comfort in Byunghee’s words, and finally decided to say what had been on his mind. “I saw a rat.” Suddenly, he felt Byunghee push out of the embrace, and held him by the shoulders. His once again moustached friend furrowed his eyebrows and said, “What?”

“I saw a rat! I saw a rat running around the kitchen, eating our left overs.” the leader shouted while pointing furiously at the kitchen. Byunghee, infuriated by this, pulled the leader by the hem of his shirt, and made the both of them stand. He shoved Seungho roughly against the wall and said, “You disrupt my beauty sleep, scared the wits out of me, and made a huge mess out of the dorm for a damn rat?!”

“Hey! You don—”  Seungho answered back in defense, but was abruptly cut off by the sudden impact of Byunghee’s finger on his forehead. Causing him to sit back down on the floor and clutch his forehead in pain.  

Seungho’s senses were taken over by extreme dizziness that the next thing he had noticed was the loud bang of the door.

He stared at the door in a daze. All the madness that had just occurred had drained out all the energy from his body. Something as evil as a rat was as easy to kill as the bountiful weeds growing in their yard, that much he knew. Even if he weren’t able to eradicate the wretched creature, at that moment, he decided that he deserved the right to sleep. But just as he was about to get up and return to his own room, the door to Byunghee’s room opened, revealing a still angry moustached man throwing icy glares at him. “Don’t even think about sleeping tonight. Clean this place up if you still want to live.” After saying this, Byunghee once again banged the door shut.

Seungho, yet again, felt frightened. The miniscule hairs on the back of his neck rose as he shivered at the thought of what would have been bound to happen. He knew what this meant.

Byunghee would not cook for them for at least a month.

Joon would volunteer to cook, and would proceed to destroying the kitchen, if not the whole house.

The maknaes would put rankings aside and destroy just about every precious gadget he has out of hunger and annoyance.

He shuffled back to his feet, and frantically started cleaning the mess that the evil creature, called the rat, had caused.

And right then and there he decided mad Byunghee is far scarier than a rat roaming the dorm… or any other evil creature for that matter. 

--------------

yeah~ that's G.O-umma for you..!

..sorry for the extreme cheesiness of that slightly bromantic scene... Even I shiver from that thing I wrote. It's just too... haaahh.. I don't know what it is.. kinda gross I think

Thanks for reading... please comment/criticize me well... [help me tone down my cheesiness.. please...] ..or just simply tell me what's on your mind..

**oh yeah.. the picture/s ain't mine.. I stole them from tumblr.. :D