FINAL

Red String of Fate

Having the gift to see the red string of fate attached to soulmates should be a blessing to Eunbi but she never thought of it as one.

 

It only caused her misfortunes.

 

The girl was never born with it. It all started when she got into a car crash, a life and death situation that even the doctors thought that treating her would only delay her death.

 

Who would even think otherwise when they all saw how the girl was drowning on her own blood, ten broken bones, her skull barely survived the impact of the crash.

 

Eunbi even saw a glimpse of blinding light amid her situatioin and she was sure that her time has come. Her feet was taking steps to a never ending whit place until she felt a strong wind trying to push her back from reaching the end of the road.

 

Before she knew it, her eyes slowly opened seeing needles in her hand, oxygen placed on her face, machines beeping for monitoring her pulse, dressed in a hospital gown, but the most odd thing she saw was the red string tied around her pinky finger.

 

She tried touching it despite of how weak she was but her fingers just passed through the string.

 

“Maybe I’m just imagining things.” Eunbi thought before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

 

Thinking that it would disappear once she wakes up.

 

But it didn’t.

 

Things only got worse when she was discharged. She saw the same floating red strings tied on the people’s fingers. Some were connected to couples but most of them were endlessly floating around.

 

The scene caused her to panic, thinking that she’s starting to hallucinate things.

 

The young girl thought that this would just pass by and disappear.

 

But oh boy… she was again completely wrong.

 

She continued seeing them in daily basis that she slowly was getting used to it to the point that she even researched about what the strings might be.

 

Scrolling down the screen for almost half an hour, she finally found an article about the strings.

 

Red strings of fate are strings that are tied on either the pinky finger or thumb of a person. The individual strings connects to their soulmate or destined partner. If one marries the person that connects with theirs, happiness and prosperity is guaranteed but if they marry someone who is not their soulmate, never ending problems and misfortunes will occur. This thin red string may bend but it will never be broken.

 

Slowly reading the article, her eyebrows knitted out of confusion.

 

“What is this? A fantasy romance novel?” Eunbi blurted out before slamming her laptop close.

 

Who would even believe such an impeccable thing?

 

Not like anyone would believe her if she opens this topic to her friends and she would surely be made fun of if she asks them what really is the red string of fate for.

 

But she did remember seeing her parents having their strings connected to each other and they rarely get into a big fight. While her cousin who is married fights with her husband frequently and their strings does not connect.

 

Thinking about the couples who Eunbi remembers seeing the red string, she was slowly believing the article. Just basing on how they act towards each other.

 

But maybe them acting that way were also all just a coincidence?

 

But what is also wrong in believing it?

 

Considering that it ‘s the only source she found regarding her problem for months.

 

A new semester is starting on next Monday and she has still yet to figure out the true nature of this so called soulmate string or red string of fate.

 

Eunbi clicked her tongue as she grabbed her phone beside her computer, thinking of asking her friend if they knew anything about the string.

 

Being made made fun of was out of the topic. She was getting desperate for an answer.

 

Eunbi: Hey guys, do you know anything about the red string of fate?

Yuna: Red string of fate?

Yuna: Is that even a thing?

Eunbi: I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking if you guys know anything about it.

 

A sigh escaped Eunbi’s mouth as she reads and replies Yuna’s question. She was not having how her friend answered her question with another question.

 

Maybe she should have messaged Yewon instead of asking in their group chat.

 

She loves Yuna but sometimes she just forgets how this girl is better being an athlete rather than an academic student.

 

Just when she was suppose to throw her phone on her bed, another notification popped on the top of her screen. Seeing that it was the genius Yewon who replied, the young girl immediately opened the chat.

 

Yewon: Isn’t that the string that connects soulmates?

Yewon: I read a book that has that theme and made a research since I always do that whenever I’m interested in a topic.

Yewon: Why are you suddenly curious about it?

Eunbi: Just because…

Yuna: Wait what? How come I did not know that?

Yewon: It’s fictitious, Yuna. It’s not real.. as far as I know.

Eunbi: But what if it is real and a few people see it?

 

 

Eunbi waited for the youngest to answer but instead, Yewon told them that they’ll continue talking about it on Monday since she needs to do something at the moment.

 

Yewon leaving the conversation first was not a surprise for Eunbi. It’s either the youngest would start studying for whatever she’s interested to or read a newly bought book.

 

She’s just that way. Being the genius of the group and the top one of their batch.

 

With that, she closed her phone and lied on her bed and slept. Hoping that her question would be answered on Monday.

 

///

 

Eunbi hates -- despises -- being in school. She was never fond of maths nor science and specially exams. The only great thing about school is her friends and the events that the school organizes or hosts.

 

Here she is now, standing in front of the entrance gate of her not so beloved place.

 

Wherever her eyes wonder, she can see the strings and even though she can see these things for  while now… she still seems to not get used to this kind of sight.

 

It just seemed so chaotic for her.

 

The young girl definitely misses the time when she doesn’t have this kind of vision. She misses the surroundings where she can see nothing on the hands of the people walking around her.

 

Lifting her right foot to start walking towards her new classroom, she heard a familiar voice screaming her name for the back making her halt and turn around.

 

The athletic girl, Yuna was running towards her with open arms.

 

“This is not good.” Eunbi thought and her body automatically avoided the upcoming hug of the older girl.

 

Yuna stumbled and almost crashed on the floor upon missing her target who was just staring at her with an apologetic expression.

 

“Hey that was rude.” The athlete stared at the latter while pouting. “I could have sprained my precious ankle if my foot landed wrongly.”

 

There she goes again with her precious ankle card. Yuna has been the ace of the track team of every school she has been and already has ten gold medals and two silver medals so it’s no wonder how she treats her feet as if they are some royalty.

 

“I told you that I don’t like being attacked with a hug.” The younger girl defended herself.

 

“Still does not mean you can do this to me.” The latter crossed her arms in front of her chest and sulked.

 

Eunbi was very much grossed out by how the athlete was trying to act cute. Does she not know that she’s not very good with that kind of expression?

 

“You did that to yourself, Yuna.” The younger girl sighed and entered the bulding. Ignoring the fact that her best friend was still doing the horrendous acting.

 

You just really need or have to get used to it. How your best friend act... either it’s for a dumb reason or for a good cause.

 

Eunbi scanned the area trying to see if she can find Yewon in the crowd. Avoiding to be disturbed by the floating strings around the campus.

 

Yuna who was following her bumped into the younger one who suddenly stopped her track.

 

“Ouch. Why did you stop out of nowhere?”

 

Instead of answering the question, she changed the topic and asked were is Yewon.

 

Eunbi didn’t mean to be rude but she just really needed to find the youngest. She really just needs the brain of Yewon right now.

 

Wanting the complete answer from her.

 

“She’s probably still on the road. She’s the type of student who arrives right the by the bell but does not get scolded even if she is late for class.” The athlete replied with the hint of jealousy.

 

Yuna was not a fan of the favoritism of the school staff towards the youngest. The biggest reason why is that the athlete gets scolded and even gets extra hours on training whenever she arrives late while the Yewon receives no punishment.

 

She gets a pass on everything.

 

“But it’s the first day of class.” Eunbi took a deep breath before going on her way.

 

“Where are you going now?” Yuna asked. Still following the latter.

 

“Classroom.” The athlete’s expression grew brighter at the answer and the younger girl knitted her eyebrow at the sight.

 

That smile never fails to make Eunbi uneasy.

 

“What? Why are you smiling like a creep?”

 

“Well…” Yuna stopped for a brief moment as her smile grew bigger. “The three of us are classmates this semester. And do you know what that means?”

 

“More copying of homework and asking answers during exams?” Eunbi scoffed and stared at the latter who scrunched her face.

 

Both of them won’t deny that they do that. Specially Yuna who barely studies because she’s busy running around or playing sports.

 

“Well I won’t be denying that but what I mean is that we don’t have to walk a thousand steps just to see each other.”

 

“It’s not a thousand steps.”

 

“It’s exaggeration.” Eunbi scoffed at how Yuna got defensive by her statement. “Have you even heard hyperbole, Eunbi?”

 

“Great. You studied hard, Yuna.” The younger girl laughed and started running towards their room since she was sure she would be chased by the runner in just a span of seconds.

 

“I’m going to get back at you.” Yuna grunted before starting to chase her running friend.

 

“I don’t think so, slowpoke.” The younger girl shouted a head of the runner.

 

The best friends were laughing while they were running. They missed seeing each other and playing with each other so much because of their vacation.

 

They still see each other during their school break but not as often as they meet in school.

 

As they were chasing each other, Eunbi bumped into someone causing her to land on the floor and groan in pain.

 

The young girl rubbed her back and hissed as she felt the pain of the fall she took.

 

“Are you okay?” A sweet and soft voiced girl spoke and offer her hand towards the fallen girl.

 

The younger girl averted her attention to the owner of the voice and she was about to accept the help of the girl who she bumped to but there was something that caught her attention.

 

The string tied on Eunbi’s finger and the string tied on the milky white toned girl in front of her are connected to each other.

 

The young girl blinked a few times trying to decipher if what she was seeing was true or it was just another imagination of hers.

 

“uh.. miss?” The unfamiliar woman in front of her repeated unsurely. Pulling Eunbi from her buffering mode.

 

“Yes. I’m okay and sorry for bumping into you” Eunbi stated as she grabbed the hand of the latter.

 

Seeing the face of the mysterious girl in front of her, the younger girl felt a throbbing sensation inside her heart and everything around her seemed to grow quiet and the people passing and talking by was disappearing as if some mage was casting a spell.

 

She was enraptured to the beauty of the girl.

 

The unknown girl was wearing a cream white loosed sweater, a black skinny jeans, and a boots. The way she smiles was so gorgeous and don’t talk about how adorable her eyes turns into a crescent moon once she starts shooting her killer smile.

 

“So pretty..” The young girl thought amid her daze.

 

“Finally caught you after I went to the restro…” Yuna tapped Eunbi’s shoulder as soon as she reached her but did not finish her sentence when she saw that her best friend was with someone.

 

“I don’t want to ruin you moment here but I need to borrow my friend now.” The younger girl went back to reality when she was being dragged by the athlete.

 

Confused on why her friend suddenly acted that way when she saw the mysterious girl.

 

The Yuna she knows would never drag her if she sees her with someone else. She would always leave them be and push them as if she was a matchmaker.

 

So why would she be acting so differently towards that person.

 

“Why are you suddenly dragged me as if you seen a ghost?” Eunbi annoyingly asked while trying to remove the grip of the athlete around her arm.

 

Yuna heaved a heavy sigh and it was confusing the younger girl even more. Seeing how the latter was having a hard time speaking her reason for abruptly dragging her.

 

“I’ll tell you later during lunch. When Yewon is there.”

 

///

 

Eunbi could still not forget the girl she bumped to this morning.

 

It was as if the girl have cast a spell upon her that she can’t even think of anything else but her. And she also could not stop smiling ever since.

 

“Mind telling me why Eunbi would not keep staring at the ceiling while smiling?” Yewon placed her tray on the table and asked Yuna who was busy removing the carrots in her food.

 

“Remember that girl who transferred here?”

 

The youngest raised her eyebrow and tilted her head making the athlete stop what she was doing and drop her utensil on the plate.

 

“Jung Yerin.” Yuna rolled her eyes when she saw that the youngest was still not following.

 

“Your sister’s ex?” A small ‘ah’ escape Yewon’s mouth hearing that.

 

“But that still didn’t answer my question, Yuna.”

 

“They bumped at each other this morning and well…” The athlete trailed off and looked at the dazed Eunbi for a split second before continuing. “It seems like our friend got bewitched by her beauty.”

 

Yewon didn’t seem to be surprised by the statement of the athlete. It was rather kind of expected.

 

Yerin is someone who is indeed pretty and can even match her sister, Sojung’s beauty. Amongst all the suitors and lovers her older sister had, Yerin was the one who made the older girl happy and felt love but she was also the only one who made Sojung suffer after their breakup.

 

The brunette is a good person or maybe even an excellent one and Yewon thought that she was the perfect one for her sister.

 

But that got ruined when she saw her sister crying at night and barely went out of her room because of Yerin.

 

Yewon wanted to stop her best friend from falling for the girl but she couldn’t. Afraid that they will just fight.

 

“Let her be.” That were the only words that escaped .

 

“Seriously? You won’t give her a lecture on why she should not be attracted to that cheater?” Yuna almost shouted by the unbelievable response of Yewon.

 

She thought that the youngest would be even more cautious and worried about their best friend becoming close with the brunette.

 

“My sister’s happy now with Eunha. So I’m not anymore really that mad to Yerin.”

 

“It’s not about being mad about that girl. What if our friend becomes her next victim?”

 

Yewon sighed and not wanting to start an argument, she fixed her eyeglasses and changed the topic to get the attention of Eunbi.

 

“Eunbi, I thought you were curious about the red string of fate?” The youngest asked loud enough for Eunbi to hear and snap out of her thoughts.

 

Going back to reality, the dancer was taken aback by how her best friends were eyeing her as if they were waiting for her for a decade to appear.

 

Have I been zoning out that long?

 

She shook her head before answering. “Ah yeah… about that. Is that only present in books and movies or a few people has the power to see the strings?”

 

The dancer can’t directly say that she can see them. She doesn’t want to scare off her friends and call her insane.

 

She’ll get to that point during their conversation… just not now.

 

“I haven’t read any article saying that few gifted people has that kind of vision nor neither do I know someone who can see it.” Yewon honestly said.

 

The youngest may be smart but she doesn’t have all the answer to all the questions that are thrown at her. There are certain limit of her knowledge.

 

“So what is this red string of fate anyway?” The athlete asked confused.

 

“As I’ve said in our chat, if you did read it, they are strings tied on the fingers of people and are connected to only one person which would be their soulmate. And as far as my knowledge goes, it was popularized by books. No information if it is real or whatsoever.”

 

Yuna nodded as she gained a new insight about such a thing and the youngest was curious on how the dancer suddenly thought of asking such a topic when she was not very fond of reading anything.

 

“Why are you suddenly so interested in the red string of fate? It’s not like you to be interested in fiction.”

 

Eunbi’s eyes widened and laughed nervously at the sudden question by the youngest. She was not ready to be given that kind of question.

 

Yewon raised both of her eyebrows and smiled in anticipation to the answer of the latter.

 

Eunbi needed to make an excuse or just simply be honest and she sees them ad have either these kind of reaction: One, they would believe her and be amazed at the phenomenon. Two, they would laugh at her and tell her that she must be losing her insanity.

 

Ah screw it.

 

“Well what if I can see it?” The dancer closed her eyes in wait for the laughters to escape from the mouths of her best friends

 

Silence.

 

All there was was silence.

 

Slowly opening the terrified Eunbi, the dumbfounded faces of the two greeted her.

 

“Why are you not laughing?” The dancer warily asked as she continues to stare at her friends who had their mouth open.

 

“Why would we be laughing?” Yuna asked still trying to process what happened and Yewon nodded in agreement.

 

“Uhh… because what I said was unbelievable?” The dancer laughed nervously. Worried that she might have said something that she should have never have.

 

The youngest repeatedly blinked before raising her hand, signaling that she has a question or an answer to speak up.

 

“First of all, yes that’s unbelievable if you like to read like me. But in your case…” Yewon stopped to find a better wording for what she was about to say. “You, who do not like books, it is somehow believable.”

 

Eunbi doesn’t know how to feel hearing that statement come from her friend, not knowing if it’s a compliment or what. But she guess that she’ll take it as one.

 

“Since when?” Yuna asked, now leaning closer to the dancer as if she was doing a detective’s work.

 

“Since that car crash.”

 

“Wow. Maybe I should get into one so I can also see those ribbons.” Yewon received a slap and glare from Yuna upon hearing the terrible joke.

 

Her friends flooded her questions regarding the red strings and this was the first time she was bombarded with question for the last ten years of her life.

 

“Can you cut the string and ruin someone’s life or tangling two strings together?”

 

“Never tried it and probably won’t.”

 

“Is the string really red or that’s just in the imagination of the people?”

 

“It is. Though there are some which are thick and some very thin.”

 

“Do you like having that kind of gift?”

 

“Can’t really say if I do or I don’t.”

 

“Do you know where you string ends?”

 

Eunbi paused before answering. Having second thoughts if she should say it after what happened in the morning.

 

They might just end up think I’m making this up because of the girl this morning.

 

“Are you going to believe me if I say it to you guys?” The dancer asking for assurance that they won’t turn their back from believing her.

 

The two on the other side nodded in unison.

 

“I saw my string’s end on the pinky finger of the girl I bumped this morning.”

 

Yuna’s expression turned into a disgusted one and stood up from her seat, wanting to get as far as she could from her bewitched friend but Yewon held the athlete’s wrist and pulled her back to her seat.

 

Eunbi could not blame the athlete for that kind of reaction.

 

She might even react worse if she was in the position of the older girl.

 

“Are you sure on what you saw? You just didn’t get caught up in the moment?”

 

The youngest asked hoping that her best friend was just kidding around but Eunbi shook her head. Yewon felt like her soul left her at on the spot.

 

Among the billions of possible people that her best friend could be matched, it just should be her sister’s past lover.

 

Not that she has something against it.

 

At least she knows that even if her best friend gets her first heart break because of Yerin, they would still end up together.

 

They are soulmates after all.

 

“But that girl was Yewon’s older sister’s ex. The same ex who cheated on her.” Yuna bursted out of frustration and wanted to say more but Yewon held her hand and shook her head and mouthed “Stop.”

 

The athlete did stop upon the request of the youngest but on the other hand, Eunbi was became speechless hearing that the girl this morning was Sojung’s past lover. The one who completely broke Yewon’s sister.

 

“Sh-should I avoid her then?” Eunbi stuttered and tried to act cool when in fact she was starting to become scared on her future due to her soulmate who happened to cheat to Sojung.

 

“No. You don’t have to avoid her just because of what happened to them. Besides we don’t really know her side since Sojung never gave her a chance to explain herself.”

 

Yewon tried to not discourage her friend from going after or falling for her soulmate since she had no right to stop an important person in her life follow her heart.

 

“And despite of the awful breakup they had, Yerin is actually a good person. Before Eunha appeared, my sister was the happiest when she was with Yerin. That was of the reason why I didn’t believe that Yerin cheated on her. She was just someone who I think can’t do that. Specially to someone special in her life.”

 

Eunbi did not know what to do with the kind of sticky situation she had. Not sure if Yewon was being honest with her being fine for her to like that girl named Yerin of if she was just saying this just so their friendship won’t get ruined.

 

“Are you sure you’re not saying this just because we’re friends?” Yewon weakly smiled at the question and placed her hand on top of Eunbi’s.

 

“Of course not. Yerin is a great or maybe even an exceptional person but just be careful around her.”

 

///

 

After class, Eunbi got changed into her dance outfit. She was directly heading towards the practice room and be one of the judges in the audition for their organization slash troupe.

 

Sometimes she just hates how busy she gets because she’s the second hand of the captain.

 

The dancer lightly jumped and stretched her neck before grabbing the door knob and making her way inside the dance room.

 

Everybody important were already inside but her.

 

Making everyone in the room turn their head towards her.

 

“Well looks like the last judge has already arrived.” Chungha, the dance captain, teasingly said making Eunbi scoff as she puts her bag down the floor.

 

After she sat down, the captain started the attendance check of the participants on the audition.

 

Eunbi did not really care nor had the motive to listen to the names of the students who were going to audition since it was not like she was going to memorize every name written on that list.

 

Eunbi just played with her phone the whole time the captain was calling names and never even remembers any name due to how occupied she was with her phone.

 

The only time she stopped with her phone was when she heard the captain that they were already going to begin the audition

 

As the first student started dancing, Chungha whispered something in her ear and showed her a file.

 

“I’m actually looking forward to the audition of this one.”

 

Eunbi had never heard the captain get excited over an audition until now. She looked at the profile of the person the older girl was talking about.

 

NAME: Jung Yerin

D.O.B: August 19th, 1996

GENDER: Female

YEAR & COURSE: Fourth Year, Bachelor of Science in Architecture

SPECIALTY: You’ll know when you get to know me :)

FAVORITE GENRE: Almost everything…

 

It would be a lie if Eunbi was not surprised at this turn of events. It was as if it was fate that was pushing them to meet again.

 

Reading the profile, she found out that nothing in particular was special about this form. How come their team captain was so excited over the brunette?

 

“There’s nothing special that’s written here.” Eunbi honestly stated making Chungha slowly shook her head and smirk.

 

“I guess you’re not familiar with that group who won the Asian Dance Competition a year ago.” The captain asked and Eunbi shrugged in reply.

 

“What about it? What’s the relationship of her and that competition?”

 

“She’s the same Jung Yerin who led the troupe who won the grand prize of that competition last year and if you’re still not impressed, she’s also the one who choreographed their dance.”

 

Well that’s interesting.

 

This girl she met in the morning is just full of surprises.

 

First, Eunbi finds her string connected to hers. Second, Yerin was the past of Yewon’s sister. And now, she seems to be an excellent dancer.

 

Dance after dance passed but still no sign that the judges were impressed. Everything seemed so dry as they watch the students trying so hard to look good while dancing.

 

The captain can’t help but fidget her pen to distract herself and stop from making any harsh remarks and Eunbi can’t help but yawn and rub her eyes.

 

Eunbi just wanted this awful batch of auditonees to be over.

 

“You should really stop making me join you in this boring audition.” The younger girl complained towards her captain who flashed her the you have no choice smile.

 

“You’ll be doing this yearly once I graduate Miss Successor of the mighty throne.” 

 

Eunbi rolled her eyes at the cringey statement. Out of all the members of the team, she really just had to pick her. Even knowing how lazy and uninterested she is towards this kind of stuff, Chungha really just needed to pick her.

 

“I didn’t ask to be the next captain.”

 

“Neither did I ask you to impress me with your dancing skill.”

 

Time seemed just to be going so slow because of how bored the young girl was until the last auditionee stepped in front of them.

 

The person standing in front of them, quite caught everybody’s attention. Even the other auditionee started murmuring when she stepped in front of the judges.

 

“Do you have anything prepared for us or will you do freestyle?”

 

To Chungha’s surprise, Eunbi took the initiative to ask the question to a student. This was the first time the younger girl spoke to an auditionee since she had no interest in anyone.

 

“Uh…” The brunette standing in front of them coyly scratched her head before answering. “I think I can do either of the two.”

 

There goes the infamous smile that can capture anyone’s heart. 

 

It took a few seconds before Eunbi pulled herself from being attracted to the brunette’s smile. She cleared her voice and blinked a few times.

 

“Then, please play music number forty-five.” The young girl requested at the dj in charged of the music.

 

After entering the song request, a funky music started playing. Specifically Cake By The Ocean by DNCE.

 

Eunbi started tapping her foot in tempo of the music and a smirk crossed her face when the girl in front of her started dancing without even having a few seconds pause after she heard the song.

 

It was as if the brunette’s body acted in reflex upon hearing the beat.

 

Not to mention how precise and smooth she dances, making both Eunbi and Chungha smile in satisfaction.

 

Every move Yerin makes showcased how much of a great dancer she is. From the flow of her body to the expression she makes.

 

If this wasn’t a school audition, everyone may think that she was already a professional dancer.

 

“I guess I won’t be the next team captain.” Eunbi joked around making the current captain scoff at the confidence.

 

As the music came to an end, everyone clapped in amazement. They have never seen such graceful move in this batch of audition.

 

Yerin was one of the few who managed to satisfy the needs of the troupe.

 

After taking a bow and exiting the scene, Chungha went in front and gave the closing remarks. Telling them that everybody in the room did well and that they will be posting the results on Tuesday next week.

 

Eunbi was always the last to leave the room but now, there was someone still with her even though half an hour had already passed since they were dismissed.

 

The other girl in the room was oddly staring on the floor and deeply thinking about something.

 

“You did great back then.” The young girl broke the ice and complimented the brunette who seemed to be lost in her thought.

 

Despite of trying to start a conversation, Eunbi was only answered with silence. The girl did not even utter any reply towards the compliment that was given to her.

 

As much as Eunbi wants to stay and practice her dancing, she decided to leave first since Yerin does not seem to be budging anytime soon.

 

“I’m going to leave now so please turn off the lights when you do.” The younger girl informed the latter as she placed the strap of her gym bag on her shoulder.

 

Before Eunbi could reach her final step out of the room, the brunette started to speak. Making the younger girl stop and turn around to face the latter.

 

“Do you…” Eunbi noticed how the girl was fidgeting her fingers as she was speaking. She waited for the brunette to finish her sentence but never did.

 

“Do I what?” The younger girl asked since she was was running out of time for the next bus.

 

She doesn’t remember this girl being this shy. Or perhaps she remembers wrong and that was another person?

 

The girl across her closed her eyes and took a deep breath before mustering up the courage to continue her sentence.

 

“Do you want to grab some food?”

 

Eunbi’s eyes blinked at the sudden question. She did not expect to be asked out by someone she barely knows. Let alone the past of her friend’s sister.

 

“I mean, it’s fine if you don’t want to. I get it. Since we barely know each other.”

 

“No, it’s fine. Where are you planning on taking me for dinner though? I’m quite the picky eater.” The younger girl teased. Testing on how the latter who appears to be impressively shy react.

 

The latter found herself getting taken aback by the statement of the younger girl. She was thinking that the place in mind may not be the younger girl’s preference.

 

Eunbi was near bursting out from laughter when she saw how clueless and innocent the brunette looked upon hearing her tease.

 

“I’m kidding. I eat whatever that is served unless it looks and tastes gross.”

 

Yerin’s eyes lightened up, shooting her killer smile again. How Eunbi wished the girl could stop flashing that smile of hers.

 

She feels like melting every time she witnesses the brunette’s smile and that is very illegal for Eunbi.

 

Walking outside the school premises to go to the place where Yerin was taking Eunbi to eat, the walk was unbelievable awkward. They would only talk for less than a minute every time one of them wanted to open a new conversation.

 

That kind of situation wasn’t new to them nor anyone who are with someone they barely know and have just met.

 

One will need to adjust and get used to how the other acted and see if the two will click and be friends.

 

Both of them hoped that they will become close quickly.

 

“So where exactly are you taking me?” Eunbi curiously asked since they’ve been walking around for some time now.

 

“The restaurant’s not that far from here.” The brunette rubbed her neck and the younger seemed to noticed that the latter had been doing that every time she talks.

 

“Say, are you always this reserved?”

 

Eunbi suddenly asked out of curiosity but the brunette just nervously laughed. The younger girl assumed that the latter was not yet comfortable despite of her being the one who asked Eunbi to eat out.

 

“You shouldn’t feel uncomfortable around me. I’m not that bad despite of how villainous my visual suits.” The younger girl said with a soft tone to assure the latter that she should not feel shy around her.

 

“But we barely know each other so I figure…” Yerin trailed off and pursed her lips. “I figured that you won’t like how naggy I can be when I’m already comfortable to someone.”

 

 “Doesn’t that already mean that you’re friends with that person when you feel comfortable?” Eunbi tilted her head and smiled at the older girl. “And I think I prefer you being comfortable around me rather than being this shy. It’s making me rather uneasy.”

 

“Are you sure?” The brunette carefully asked and the latter slowly nodded and smiled.

 

That awkward night between the two soulmates was the start of a new friendship and they may sometimes get awkward to each other but at least they passed the hyper-awkward stage.

 

///

 

Eunbi expected more from Yerin.

 

She thought that the girl was the flirtatious type but no. The brunette was just a hyper and socially active person.

 

Even if they only spent almost an hour in together in the pasta restaurant where the older girl brought her to.

 

They talk time to time and as time passed by, it seemed like the dancer was somehow enjoying the company of the latter.

 

Eunbi is not and never been this friendly towards strangers. She just thought that why not give her known soulmate a chance?

 

Not like in a relationship-relationship kind of thing.

 

At least not yet.

 

The young girl doesn’t still know the true nature of the bubbly girl and she’s still stuck in between of considering her as her soulmate and considering on staying away from her.

 

Eunbi somehow got scared after learning that Yerin was the past lover who is known that had cheated to her best friend’s older sister.

 

But being scared and having difficulties were a few to consider when going to a relationship. The dancer knew that but she’s uncertain if she’s ready to be committed while having that kind of anxiousness in her.

 

“Erase, erase, erase.” The dancer vigorously shook her head and placed both her palms on her face.

 

“You’re not dating her already and neither does she even know that you may be her soulmate.”

 

Being this frustrated over a not so simple matter was a first for the young dancer. Considering that she hasn’t been in any kind of relationship with someone which makes it harder for her if what she was feeling was normal or not.

 

She may be one of the leading heartthrob of the campus due to how charismatic she looks on stage, but she has zero experience on love.

 

Until maybe now.

 

Though her members from the dance troupe had attempted in setting her up with girl from other schools, she never even once appeared on them – if you exclude that time when Momo told her that they will be eating together with the whole group.

 

Eunbi grunted and rolled left and right on her bed trying to remove such unnecessary thoughts.

 

Maybe a little good night sleep can remove all of this.

 

Just maybe.

 

///

 

It was another day to live and another day to stay in hell for almost half the day.

 

And it’s not like any would change if Eunbi utter a thousand curse during class hours or set the building on fire.

 

That may work to get her week rest which is called suspension but she wouldn’t take the risk on suffering from reprimands and criticism in her house.

 

“Just think happy thoughts and not think that you’re in a ride to hell.” Eunbi took a deep breath and out a smile on her face as she took her black notebook and pen.

 

That phrase is basically the motto of the dancer whenever she’s at school. It really helps her from thinking that school is that bad.

 

When the bell rang, it was heaven for her.

 

Who does not like the sound of the exit gate of hell?

 

“So how was yesterday’s audition?” Yuna poked the dancer who was packing her things from behind and asked with a look of excitement.

 

“Same as usual. And you?”  The dancer monotony asked, obviously having no ounce of interest.

 

“It was fine but no one still had the skill to beat my record.” The athlete respond in a proud manner. Truth to be told, she has the talent to be in the national team and had been already offered a place for her but well… as much as she wanted to accept, she rejected it and said that they should offer her again when she’s a graduate which the team complied despite of having a bit of disappointment.

 

Also, yesterday was every organization’s audition -- may it be an athlete one or academic one.

 

Yewon knew that Yerin was in the audition but decided to keep mum for she does not want to get ahead of her friend. She knew how every person does not like that kind of thing.

 

As the group of friends reach the main gate, the dancer noticed brunette standing at the side wall as if she was waiting for someone. But the younger just shrugged it off.

 

It’s not like it’ll be her whom the older girl is waiting for.

 

She hopes not.

 

But luck was never on her side.

 

As soon as they passed Yerin, the older girl called her name making the three friends turn around in unison.

 

Yerin had this smile again, her hands behind her back.

 

The best friends couldn’t help but be curious on why did the brunette call the dancer out of nowhere.

 

Let alone wait for her.

 

“What is it do you need?” Eunbi asked as she scanned the latter for any possible reason.

 

One thing they noticed was that, it seems like the older girl hadn’t noticed who she was with.

 

Specially Sojung’s sister whose expression turned grim seeing her approach her friend so casually.

 

What do you need from her?”  Yewon wanted to speak and coldly ask the brunette but stopped herself from becoming rude.

 

Yuna noticed how the youngest had both of her fists clenched.

 

“I just wanted to return this to you since you forgot it last night.” Yerin took something out from her pocket.

 

It was a school I.D. that the dancer had been trying to find since yesterday.

 

“Oh… right… thanks.” Eunbi nervously spoke and grabbed her lost I.D. from the latter.

 

Great. Another interrogation by her friends is coming.

 

“And it seems like you’re with your friends…” The brunette’s sentence slowly stopped and her smile faded when her eyes landed on Yewon.

 

They noticed how the situation and air felt heavy by the sudden eye contact of the two. Yewon was blankly staring the brunette and latter’s eyes seemed to tremble.

 

Yewon wasn’t suppose to feel angry. She already passed this stage but how come she felt the sudden urge to slap the brunette in place of her sister?

 

The anger the youngest felt when seeing her sister cry came all over her as if it was strangling her and telling her to slap the person who made her sister suffer.

 

“Well, look at the time. I need to go now.” The youngest snapped out of her dark thoughts when the brunette spoke with her voice full of worry.

 

Yerin laughed nervously and apologetically smiled at Yewon before jogging to get away from them.

 

It didn’t look long enough until one of the friends broke the silence and asked. “What was that all about?”

 

Eunbi sighed and turned her head to Yuna who had her eyebrows knitted.

 

“She was one of the auditionee yesterday and well we ate together, okay?” 

 

The dancer wanted to shrink at the very moment. Out of all times Yerin just needs to appear, it just really needed to be when she was with her friends.

 

Just what would her friends just think after seeing that? Specially after knowing they they spent some alone time together after the audition.

 

She hopes that they won’t misinterpret and think something bad.

 

“You have a lot of explaining to do Miss Hwang.” Yuna put emphasis in every word.

 

The youngest didn’t speak a word until they reached where they part ways and Eunbi was worried that she may have done something that made her friend upset 

 

The very first thing she did when she arrived at home was send a private message to Yewon.

 

Eunbi: Hey… you’re upset right?

Yewon: Why would I be upset??

Eunbi: Because Yerin and I ate together?

Yewon: There’s nothing to be mad about that.

Yewon: It’s just I remembered how Sojung became when they broke up.

Eunbi: Are you sure that’s all? You don’t want me to avoid her or anything?

Eunbi: I’ll gladly do that if it makes you uncomfortable knowing I hang put with her.

Yewon: You don’t have to do that. It’s my problem to face and not yours and I don’t want you ruining your relationship with your soulmate just because of me.

Eunbi: Are you really sure????????

Yewon: Yes. You can be with her as much as you like. I won’t stop you from doing that because I trust you :)

Eunbi: Okay… I’ll try my best not to end up as your sister get my heartbroken...

 

Eunbi was still worried even if Yewon had assured her and gave her the go signal that she can hang out with the brunette.

 

Even if their strings do connect, she was worried how it would feel like to fall in love and be loved. After all that is an unfamiliar feeling for her.

 

After that night, the next days were the usual routine. The dancer sees Yerin from time to time but the brunette just smiles at her and never approached her so easily.

 

It was as if she was being cautious and afraid of being near Eunbi.

 

But that didn’t last long since the results of the audition is going to be posted today and meaning that they will be seeing each other and be inside the same room for like every other day.

 

Yerin was a guaranteed member even before she daanced in the audition, considering her past records as a dancer.

 

Making Eunbi to have no escape from her soulmate.

 

“Okay.” Chungha loudly clapped, catching everyone’s attention. “Since this is the first day of the new members of the troupe, we won’t have any practice but instead get to know each other to become comfortable with each other.”

 

Loud cheers and claps were heard all over the room upon hearing the word no practice for today. This only happens once in a blue moon and this is one of the very few reasons the team loved having new members.

 

They can have a day of no practice.

 

One by one, the new additions started introducing themselves but the one who had the biggest reaction obviously Yerin.

 

From the team captain, Chungha, to the other ace members like Momo, Seulgi, Jeonghwa, and YooA. 

 

All of them went to talk – interrogate – the brunette after the introduction part.

 

“Hey Eunbi!” Momo shouted out the dancer’s name making her turn her head towards them. “You should stop being an introvert and come here.”

 

Even the new additions agreed to the Japanese making the younger girl unwillingly join them.

 

But of course, she barely said anything and just observed her members.

 

One person caught her attention… again… her eyes could not just avoid the brunette. As if Eunbi was indeed bewitched by the older girl.

 

Every time Yerin smiles and laugh with her most angelic voice, Eunbi’s heart beat rather gets faster and sometimes even blush by the angel within them.

 

Little did the younger girl knew that Yerin was taking a glimpse of her from time to time.

 

As the meeting ended, it was unusual that Eunbi left the room first.

 

Not knowing the reason from her sudden action, she heard light footsteps and a soft voice call her from behind.

 

When she turned around, she saw that it was none other than her.

 

Jung Yerin.

 

They were now standing only a few feet away from each other and the younger girl noticed how the brunette’s eyes looked at her hands for a slip second.

 

The silence was not awkward. It was rather a friendly silence until the older girl broke the ice that was growing.

 

“So..” Yerin started slowly rubbing her neck with her left hand, obviously trying to hold back. “You probably know who I am since you know Yewon.”

 

Eunbi tried her best not to show that she was taken aback by the sudden statement of the latter. It was obvious that Yerin was not done talking so she waited for the older girl to finish what she was trying to convey.

 

“Can we still be friends even if you may be know too much about me? I’m not really that bad of a person you see…” The brunette nervously asked while staring on the ground.

 

The younger girl blinked a few times and sighed. She thought that maybe the older girl mistook her silence as a way of showing her that Eunbi doesn’t like to be her friend.

 

“Sure. I don’t mind.” The dancer offered her hand to the nervous girl in front of her.

 

Yerin’s eyes widened in shock after hearing the dancer but her infamous smile soon appeared and she nodded as she took the hand of the latter and shook it.

 

///

 

Days of being with Yerin turned into weeks then months and Eunbi’s best friends were definitely noticing how the dancer was spending lesser time with them.

 

And when she is with them, the dancer seems to be out of her world.

 

It would be a lie if the two best friends say that they don’t see the brunette and the dancer spending time together while in the school premises.

 

And those times are not even during organization hours.

 

There was even a time when they saw the two at an arcade.

 

Yuna and Yewon noticed how happy their best friend was when she’s with the brunette. They definitely see another person now.

 

The once who had a frown on her face and barely smiles when she’s with a group of people is now completely different.

 

“Do you think this is healthy for her?” Yuna asked Yewon who was carefully reading her Literature book.

 

“That’s probably the effect of being in love.” The athlete furrowed her eyebrows and stared at the dancer who was zoning out.

 

“But they’ve only know each other for only a few months.”

 

Yewon sighed and diverted her attention to Yuna who was obviously not believing what she had had said to her.

 

“Look, how many months have Sojung and Eunha had known ever since they started dating?” The youngest genuinely asked the athlete who started to carefully think.

 

“Uh.. barely a month I guess?” Yuna guessed.

 

“And now where and how they are now as a couple?”

 

The athlete has no idea on why the youngest was asking her this instead of giving her a proper conversation but well being the kind of Yuna she is towards the genius, she just continued answering the girl.

 

“They’re very much happy and joke about getting married a lot these days.”

 

“And there’s your answer, Yuna.” Yewon smiled at the athlete who became even more confused at the vague answer from the youngest.

 

The athlete blinked and slowly shook her head as she try to process and decipher what was the youngest trying to say.

 

Not long after, Yewon flicked Yuna’s forehead and sighed at how oddly adorable yet dumb that athlete can be.

 

“What I mean is that once you really find that someone in your life, the time will be the one to tell what would happen between you two and that is what happening to Eunbi this time.” Yewon explained before going back into reading.

 

Yewon wasn’t wrong about that. Sometimes things just happens without the will of the person and when fate starts working, the person just seems to can’t control her life no matter how they try to avoid destiny.

 

“If you really think Sojung and Eunha are meant to be…” The athlete started to blurt out things again. “Why don’t we ask Eunbi if their strings do connect to each other?”

 

Hearing such an unbelievable scheme, Yewon could not help but drop her pen and glare at Yuna.

 

Why would the athlete even think of such a thing?

 

“No.” The youngest emphasized but the latter just had to demand for an answer.

 

“Why? I mean wouldn’t that just prove that Sojung and Eunha are soulmates?”

 

“And what if we find out that they don’t connect? We just tell them that they are destined for someone else?”

 

The genius could not help but raise her voice to the latter who would not want to drop the topic.

 

Yewon closed her eyes and trying to calm down after seeing Yuna being taken aback by her sudden outburst.

 

“Besides, I don’t want my sister experiencing another heartbreak over such a stupid thing.”

 

///

 

The was something weird about Yerin.

 

The brunette seemed to know where Eunbi is even though the younger girl doesn’t tell her where she was.

 

She just pops out of nowhere and tells the younger girl that they have a telepathic ability that’s why she knows where she is every time she tries to find her.

 

Eunbi doesn’t mind it at all.

 

She rather likes Yerin popping out of nowhere just to make her smile or give her food to eat and sometimes flowers.

 

Just like this time.

 

The dancer was in the library, trying to study for their upcoming Calculus exam (which she despises).

 

Eunbi messed up her hair and groaned out of frustration. Her brain just seemed to not cooperate when she wants to.

 

Have you ever experienced having a mental block amid of your study? And you just can’t seem to find the answer or understand anything that the paper is trying to tell?

 

That’s what the dancer was experiencing right now.

 

Just when the young girl was about to give up and stand from her seat, someone pulled the wooden chair in front of her and asked. “Having trouble in studying?”

 

Eunbi raised her head, her eyes almost crying in frustration, and saw Yerin genuinely smiling at her before reaching for the book in front of her.

 

The brunette seemed to become more charismatic in the dancer’s eyes now that she’s seeing her concentrate on something.

 

The young girl stared at the latter who was busy analyzing the written topic and well… Eunbi could not help but adore how pretty the older girl is.

 

She just noticed how shard the jaw line of the older girl, how long her eyelashes are, how fluffy her cheeks are, and most of all… how kissable her lips is.

 

Without any hint, Eunbi found herself lost in the beauty of Yerin and was slowly leaning forward the older girl.

 

But that soon got shattered when Yerin turned her head towards the dancer who was utterly surprised by how close she is not to the brunette.

 

On the other hand, apart from her eyes widening at the close distance of the two, the brunette’s heart was beating undeniably fast due to the scenario.

 

One.

 

Two.

 

Three.

 

It took three seconds before Yerin managed to recover from the distance. She cleared her voice before starting to explain everything she understands.

 

But she was stuttering in almost all of the words she was uttering and the younger girl was turning bright red due to her action.

 

Eunbi wanted to slap herself from doing such an embarrassing thing.

 

Yet she was thankful that the older girl didn’t nor left her alone.

 

After Yerin explained everything to Eunbi, the younger girl could not help but ask something that she had always been asking the brunette.

 

“How come you know where I am. Like literally always. I don’t even tell you my location.”

 

Even if the brunette had heard this question for the nth time, she just could not help but think of what kind of answer she should give to the younger girl.

 

Eunbi never fails to notice how the latter would make her eyes travel across the room before answering.

 

Making her doubt on what kind of sorcery might the brunette be doing just to be able to find her.

 

“I told you we have telepathic minds.” Here goes the same answer Yerin gives the latter whenever she’s being asked to that kind of question.

 

“Come on… that can’t be it.” The dancer whined at the response of the brunette.

 

The older girl chuckled at the adorable sight of the whining Eunbi before giving another answer.

 

Yerin gestured the younger girl to come closer and the latter did follow but just to hear another nonsense.

 

“I have eyes everywhere.”

 

Hearing that made Eunbi have the I am so done with this girl expression.

 

“As if I’ll believe that.” The young dancer snorted before grabbing her things and walking out the library.

 

The brunette laughed again upon seeing one of her favorite sight of Eunbi and followed the younger girl outside.

 

“I’m not kidding.” The older girl tried again but to receive only silence as a respond.

 

Leaving her no choice but to use the almighty card.

 

Using it always works on the younger girl whenever they fight over childish reasons.

 

“Hey, don’t be mad at me.” Yerin grabbed the wrist of the latter who obviously flinched at the action.

 

“I’ll buy you food just don’t be mad at me.” Eunbi stopped for a brief moment upon hearing the magic word but well seems like it didn’t work this time.

 

The younger girl pulled her hand away from the brunette and walked faster.

 

“Stop making me a pig, Jung Yerin.”

 

Eunbi scoffed and started murmuring words that only she can hear.

 

That didn’t stop Yerin from continuing. In fact, the next words she uttered made Eunbi flustered.

 

“But pigs are adorable… and you’re adorable.” Yerin made sure to lower her voice in the last few words but despite of being barely heard, Eunbi hears even the quietest noise.

 

///

 

Eunbi could not deny that the last months with Yerin was a blast.

 

Despite of being scared on what the future holds, she rather forgot the anxiousness she was feeling when she first met her soulmate.

 

She loves how fate started working on its own.

 

Maybe this was the reason on why she is able to see the red string of fate ever since the accident.

 

The dancer started thinking that maybe falling for her soulmate is not a bad thing.

 

Truth to be told, she started to wait everyday for the older girl to pop out of nowhere. Despite of still not knowing the reason on how the latter can find her whenever she can, she still anticipate for the older girl to appear right in front of her.

 

But for the past days, it just seems like the brunette was nowhere to be found.

 

As if Yerin had no time to meed Eunbi anymore.

 

The only time she sees the older girl is during practice and they barely talk to each other due to how strict the practice was getting.

 

Out of missing the presence of Yerin, Eunbi decided to search for her by following the string attached to her finger.

 

Eunbi walked and walked until she found Yerin sitting inside a coffee shop with another girl.

 

The brunette was laughing and smiling while talking with the unknown girl.

 

Eunbi felt like she was betrayed.

 

She felt her heart clenching on its own and she was running of air to breath.

 

Not wanting to see more, the dancer abruptly turned and tried to find a way out.

 

What she didn’t know was that as soon as turned around, Yerin looked outside the glass window and saw the younger girl pushing her way through the crowd.

 

///

 

It has been days ever since that incident and ever since Eunbi started to avoid the older girl.

 

She was grateful for the string attached to her. She was able to sense whenever Yerin was near her and that gave her time to escape.

 

The young girl does not know why she is feeling this was when Yerin and her are not even a thing.

 

Feeling stupid for assuming things.

 

The older girl knew that the latter was avoiding her. It was not that hard to tell that she was being ignored.

 

No matter how much she tries to approach Eunbi, the younger girl just seemed to turn the other direction or keep herself occupied. As if she was shutting her door to stop the brunette from stepping in.

 

The fact that they haven’t talked nor even greeted each other for almost a week was making Yerin frown.

 

She missed talking and annoying the younger girl everyday.

 

Yerin doesn’t even have any idea on why she was being avoided by Eunbi and that makes it worse.

 

There was only one thing that she could think of doing to make the younger girl talk to her.

 

///

 

Everything that needed to be done in school was already completed so Eunbi decided to go home and take a rest.

 

Having both of her ears plugged in with earphones, she was lightly banging her head in the beat of the song that she was listening to.

 

But little did she know that she was being followed.

 

The brunette was sort of grateful for the earphones that Eunbi was wearing. If not for them, the younger girl would have already ran or physically fought her for following her during the evening.

 

Yerin wasn’t even sure if what she was doing was the right thing to do.

 

This might get bad if it doesn’t go with her plan.

 

“Fine, let’s just approach her instead of being a creep.” The brunette muttered and jogged towards the younger girl.

 

As soon as she reached Eunbi, she pulled one of the earphones out of her ears and greeted her.

 

This of course made the younger girl flinch and freeze on the spot.

 

Eunbi almost fainted until she saw it was Yerin and decided to ignore the brunette and start walking once again.

 

Yerin being the persistent person, she continued to follow the dancer while humming random songs.

 

The younger girl was not having any of it and she groaned not too long after, obviously irritated to the latter.

 

“Why are you following me?”

 

“I’m not. I’m just going to the same direction as you.” Yerin stated trying to act as if she was innocent.

 

“Going to the same direction as my house?” The younger girl nonchalantly asked as she pointed towards her villa.

 

The brunette followed the latter’s finger and blinked for a while as she realizes that they were already near the latter’s house.

 

Eunbi smirked knowing that she won that conversation, looking at how surprised the latter was.

 

“If I were you, I’ll go back to where my girlfriend is instead of following some girl around.”

 

Silence

 

Yerin tilted her head trying to think what was the latter talking about. It took less a minute before she remembered that day when she saw Eunbi walking in the different direction from the cafe that she was in.

 

The brunette burst out in laughter, realizing that the younger girl was avoiding her because of just some stupid misunderstanding.

 

Eunbi stopped her tracks and knitted her eyebrows towards the laughing girl, confused on why she was laughing.

 

“Why are you laughing?” The younger girl asked trying not to sound rude.

 

Yerin, taking her time from laughing, stopped after she tried to take a deep breath to collect herself.

 

Her eyes met with the younger girl who was waiting for her answer.

 

“It seems like you’ve misunderstand something, Eunbi.” The brunette smiled at the latter and took a hold of Eunbi’s left hand. Causing the younger girl to be flustered at the action.

 

“If you’re talking about the girl I’m with in that cafe… that was my best friend, Joy. She was only visiting for a few days so I didn’t manage to nag you for a few days.”

 

It was Eunbi’s turn to process everything. Once she realized what she have done.

 

All this time, she was wrong all this time and that she was avoiding Yerin for nothing.

 

“What?” The younger girl muttered while blinking nonstop.

 

“She’s just a friend, you don’t need to be jealous.” Yerin chuckled before continuing. “Do you know why?”

 

Eunbi shook her head as an answer even if she was still utterly confused.

 

“You’re the one I like, stupid."

 

Thump.

 

Thump.

 

Thump.

 

Eunbi’s heart started malfunction and she can feel the heat rising up and she bet that she was runing into fifty shades of red at the very moment.

 

The words that were uttered by Yerin were lingering in her ears like a broken record.

 

Speechless at the sudden confession of the older girl.

 

“I know this wasn’t the perfect place to confess but… I really like you.” The brunette coyly stated while rubbing her hand on her neck.

 

A mannerism of hers whenever she’s nervous.

 

Yerin was ready to be rejected.

 

She was ready to hear harsh and painful words.

 

But instead of hearing such despicable statements, she felt a soft pair of lips on hers.

 

Butterflies and fireworks on her stomach started to come out and it has been so long ever since she have felt this way.

 

As their lips parted, Eunbi could not help but blush and Yerin was not believing what just happened.

 

“Just don’t make me jealous again.” The younger girl stated as she cleared and tried to run.

 

The brunette was fast enough to catch her wrist and stop the latter for running.

 

Yerin thought that she might as well confess her other secret to the latter. It wouldn’t hurt telling the girl she likes another secret right?

 

It can’t be that bad.

 

“I still have another secret to tell you.”

 

Eunbi stared at the older girl who was obviously anxious about the matter she was going to reveal next.

 

The younger girl titled her head and asked the brunette what was the other thing she wanted to say.

 

“Let’s talk somewhere else.” Yerin stated before pulling Eunbi out of the sidewalk.

 

///

 

Yerin brought Eunbi to a nearby park where there was barely anyone in it. The brunette was rather looking uncomfortable at the moment and the younger girl noticed that.

 

“You know that you don’t have to reveal all your secrets all at once.”

 

The young dancer tried to lightened up the mood and stop the older girl from saying something that she didn’t want.

 

But Yerin just shook her head and said that she really wanted to let Eunbi know about it.

 

Eunbi nodded and didn’t utter any word, waiting for the brunette to tell her what was wrong.

 

She just watched the stars twinkle in the black night sky as she wait for Yerin to start talking.

 

“Do you want to know the real reason why I did that to Soung?” There was a slight tremble when Yerin spoke.

 

Eunbi tilted her head and started to wonder on where was this conversation headed.

 

“Do you know the red string of fate?” The brunette slowly shook her head. “Nevermind. You might just think that I’m crazy.”

 

“No. I won’t think of you like that.” The younger girl said assuring the latter that she should continue.

 

Yerin took a few deep breaths, most likely trying to ready herself from the words that she would utter next.

 

The younger girl placed her hand on top of the brunette’s to calm her even for just a little bit.

 

“I didn’t cheat. I only did that because…” Yerin trailed off. “I saw that she was never meant to be with me. You must think that I’m crazy but I saw the string attached to her connected to Eunha.”

 

Yerin was telling the truth.

 

She never intended to hurt the older girl.

 

It was a hard decision for her to create a misunderstanding and open a path where Sojung will be with her real soulmate.

 

There was no time that she had never regretted doing it.

 

Until she met Eunbi.

 

The younger girl sitting with her right now showed her that there was still a chance for her.

 

A chance where Yerin will be loved again.

 

Eunbi made all her worries disappear and made her realize on how much of a great thing soulmates really is.

 

On the other hand, Eunbi was taken aback by the sudden confession of the brunette. She didn’t think that what she was going to say was this.

 

Never in a million years have she thought that there was also someone who has the same gift as her.

 

Gift.

 

She started treating it as a given gift ever since she met Yerin.

 

They were made and meant for each other.

 

Like what soulmates are supposed to be.

 

///

 

After the bold confession of the brunette, Eunbi and her started dating and even go to school together while holding hands.

 

Of course Eunbi also told Yerin that she also can see the strings that are tied around each person’s finger.

 

Finding that out, he brunette intermediately asked Eunbi if she also knows who are the soulmate of her best friend, Yuna and Yewon.

 

“As much as I already expected that even before I started seeing these strings, I already knew that they’re meant for each other. They just don’t want to admit it.” Eunbi chuckled while having her head resting on Yerin’s shoulder, their hands intertwined, as they watch the sunset at the park where the brunette made her second big confession.

 

“I’m glad I found you.” Yerin said as she planted a soft kiss on the crown of Eunbi.

 

“Me too.” The latter smiled and held he older girl’s hand tighter.

 

///

 

Author’s Note: It’s me again! I tried to keep this as short as I can but well… I don’t think that I managed to do that. Hoping that you guys like this story though.