fin

Foil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyawaki Sakura could not stand Lee Chaeyeon and her stupid fencing club any longer. Their treatment towards the kendo club was something barbaric in nature. Honestly, Sakura didn’t think they allowed insolent children into the academy, but she’s been proven wrong ever since this stupid rivalry started. If you could even call it a rivalry!

And the most hilarious thing was that she was spiting a girl she had never met before. The fact that Miyawaki Sakura had never met Lee Chaeyeon, never talked to her or stood in front of her face-to-face, seemed to be the worst part of all. When Sakura gets the chance, Miss Lee Chaeyeon would definitely be on the receiving end of a few choice words that Sakura thought Student Council President Eunbi wouldn’t like.

Okay, sure. Sakura admitted that she has heard a few stories about this ‘Lee Chaeyeon.’ I mean, how could she not?

The way some of the girls in school talk about Lee Chaeyeon like she’s god’s gift to Earth literally boggled her mind. How far up someone’s do you have to be to idolize somebody that’s part of the fencing club? Like, come on. Sakura thought kendo is way more interesting.

It also didn’t help that Lee Chaeyeon had a literal cult dedicated in her honor. Now, Sakura will admit that ‘Feather Union’ is a cute name for a... fan club. But she still considered them a cult, and that, to Sakura, is not so cute at all.

Sakura was pretty sure Kim Minju, the Feather Union president, has a handwritten manifesto and holds ‘Chaeyeon Church’ every Friday after class during their weekly mandatory meetings. Sometimes, Sakura really couldn’t stand the people at her school.

And, you know, Sakura would be lying if she said some of these stories about the mighty Lee Chaeyeon didn’t pique her interest just a little bit. I mean, listen. Sakura’s always hearing about this girl with perfect form on the mat. That there’s this girl that just straight up glides and maneuvers around like she’s floating on air. That Lee Chaeyeon is light as a feather and that she’s carried the fencing team to glory 3 straight years in a row.

And you know what? The praise doesn’t even stop there. That’s pretty annoying... At least, Sakura thought so.

The gossip of Lee Chaeyeon’s fencing skills took a backseat to the gossip about literally everything else about her. The gossip about how pretty she is, the gossip about how intelligent she is, the gossip about how kind she is, and, oddly, the gossip about her resembling a bear.

And it peeved Sakura that Lee Chaeyeon was described as kind. Like, come on! Sakura thought that part was absolutely ridiculous!

How kind can a person be when they let their club members roam around the halls terrorizing members of another club? How kind is Lee Chaeyeon really? Because the way she let her club members act like a bunch of animals is honestly baffling. In Sakura’s opinion, she thought Lee Chaeyeon was running a zoo.

But hopefully, this ‘Lee Chaeyeon’ would be able to hold a civilized conversation (even if she and her club are far from civilized, Sakura thought), because Miyawaki Sakura had a few bones to pick with the fencing club leader.

***

Sakura left a trail of fire in her wake as she angrily stomped down the hall towards the gym where the fencing club practices on Fridays. She was completely suited up in her kendo gear, mask and all, and holding a few papers that were basically propaganda against the kendo club. They were badly photoshopped pictures that looked like a five-year-old made them, but still. Sakura thought it was wildly inappropriate and disrespectful. Her other hand held a kendo stick with Sakura clutching it tightly in outright anger.

Finally reaching the gym, Sakura burst through the doors, startling a few fencing club members who looked her up and down and almost cowered, because Miyawaki Sakura looked absolutely intimidating her kendo gear.

“Hey, it’s one of the kendo club’s posers,” a duck looking girl spat, her ponytail moving around as she sized Sakura up and down.

The insult caused Sakura to scoff. “Grow up,” Sakura replied menacingly, “I’m sure you’re more bark than bite, Donald Duck.”

“Excuse me?!” The girl responded, completely offended. Sakura tried not to laugh as her lips jutted out, making her look even more li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter