Final

We Find A Path to Be Together

Moldir Korea Fashion House, Paris, France

In a sleek mid-rise fashion house, a flurry of activity is evident in their studios. A group of stylists were pushing clothes, bags, shoes and a wide array of accessories in and out with tags strapped on them bearing the names of the models that are assigned to wear them. 

In another part of the studio were more than a dozen models, both men and women, of different races being prepared by an army of make-up artists, dead set on finishing their models before sending them to the stylists to prepare them for their turn to shoot. 

At the middle of it all, was a man monitoring the photo shoot, looking at the screen where the photographer transmitted his photos real time for his immediate opinion. 

"This is a better shot." the man watching the screen said as he pointed at the fifth photo of nine that were taken in a span of a minute. The photographer nodded in agreement and signaled the model that she could leave the set. He then looked at the rest of the staff and switched in French, "Prepare the next group. We're going at it ahead of schedule, so we are not in too much of a rush." he told them with a smile as a form of encouragement. 

"We're getting things swimmingly smooth today." The photographer said. "Now I'm just waiting for imminent disaster to happen." 

The man frowned. "This is not funny. This is the first time since we got here that things are going smoothly. We don't need you jinxing it."

The photographer laughed, "I'm just joking Yoochun. No need to be prickly." 

"Sometimes I wonder why you love to jinx your own work, Jaejoong-hyung." Yoochun said with a roll of his eyes. 

Jaejoong laughed as he adjusted his camera from his hold. "I'm not jinxing it, just preparing for the worst. I feel okay though." he said. 

Yoochun raised a brow at him, "Why do you look so giddy today?" 

Jaejoong giggled, "Wouldn't you like to know?" he replied cryptically. 

A raised brow later, Yoochun realized what date it was today. "Oh, he's done with the tour already I see." he figured, "And he's now coming here to monopolize your entire Paris stay and the first two weeks of your return home." 

Jaejoong nodded, "You know me so well." 

"No, I just know how your big bear thinks when he wans to be with his Honey Funny Bunny." 

In a fit of embarrassment, Jaejoong swatted Yoochun's arm hard, making the younger yelp. "Shut up! We agreed never to mention that ever again!" 

"That's not what his phone's contact information say about you." 

"He what?!" now Jaejoong was redder than before. 

Yoochun snickered, "Saw it when you called him a few days ago and I was with him." he admitted. 

Jaejoong turned red, "I told him I wasn't serious in using that song as my contact name!" he grumbled. 

"Too late." Yoochun replied. "Look at it this way, it's harder for people to know who is the lucky bastard who managed to land one of the most successful idols in the industry." 

"You know that doesn't make me feel better, right?" Jaejoong asked him while sulking. 

Yoochun knew where he was going with this. Jaejoong is an openly gay Art Director of one of the most exclusive South Korean fashion brands in the world. People are beginning to question why he doesn't have a love life despite being a thirty-three year-old successful businessman to the point of him having a flagship fashion house in Paris. 

Normally, Jaejoong will just find a way to tell people to stop meddling in his life in a polite way, but he knew that it was only a matter of time when Dispatch decides to target non-entertainment people to dig up their secrets and expose it to the public without preamble.

Being exposed as the secret love of an idol who has the longest track record of being scandal-free in a still-conservative society such as his homeland was not really a good thing for both Yunho and his agency and Jaejoong. As a worldwide fashion icon with an open community with regards to uality, he will get by just fine in time, but for Yunho who had built up his own fanbase from the ground up by being the perfect son-in-law material, that might not be the case for him. 

That is why SM Entertainment and Jaejoong's own legal team are doing everything they can to hide it, and only a trusted select few are privy to their relationship status. For the past eight years since they had started dating, it was going well. 

"Are the two of you still arguing whether the two of you should come out or hide it for eternity again?" Yoochun wondered. "I thought Junsu already told you two not to think about it too much."

"I know, and no, we have not argued about that. I'm just...well." he stopped, and Yoochun knew that it was half the truth. 

"He wants to come out but he is still waiting for you to be ready. I get that much." Yoochun observed. 

Jaejoong shook his head, "I am ready for it now, but...it's been months since he last brought it up..." 

Yoochun raised a brow, "You think he changed his mind since he's not asking anymore?" a nod from Jaejoong later, he continued, "How many months ago are we talking about?" 

"...maybe almost a year...?" Jaejoong calculated. 

A raised brow from Yoochun as what he got, "A year? Wow. I applaud his restraint in not asking you every time you two meet up." he said with a whistle. 

"So what should I do? Should I bring it up myself?" the other man asked desperately. 

"Why should you?" Yoochun questioned. "Let him ask you again. I'm sure this time since you will say yes now, he'd be over the moon at the achievement."

"And if he doesn't?" Jaejoong asked. 

"Then you bring it up at the end of your one-month not-honeymoon." Yoochun said. "Now, don't stress about it for a month. Just make sure you hint at it at all times. If he's still a blockhead by then, ask him directly." He advised. 

The man could only nod before they are once again resuming the photo shoot. 

Jaejoong invested himself in taking photos that he failed to notice Yoochun's smirk from behind after their conversation. 

...

They finished the shoot at six in the evening, which was a record in Yoochun's opinion as they usually lasted until eight if things get out of hand. 

The early completion of the photo shoot brought Jaejoong into cloud nine that they were ahead of schedule and that if this keeps going, they'd have time to spare before his fashion show on the night before he leaves for home. 

Stretching his limbs on the couch at his office, Jaejoong groaned in satisfaction. "Everything went smoothly today~!" he mumbled softly. "I can actually go home now." 

Yoochun agreed as he sat at the chair across from him. "I know what you mean." he agreed. 

"Want to grab dinner at the usual place?" Jaejoong offered. 

The other man shook his head, "Sorry, not tonight. I just want to crash at my bed. You, however, have someone to wait for at your doorstep, so you better skedaddle." 

"He's not arriving until late this evening..." Jaejoong said with a pout. "And all I have left in my fridge is my leftover lasagna." he said as he sat up. "Yeah. I need to go grocery shopping on my way home then. Thanks for reminding me." He hated running out of food supplies at his house, and the fact that he was too busy to do grocery shopping since yesterday was saying something. 

"You're welcome." Yoochun said when he saw Jaejoong grabbing his bag and making his way out of the office. 

"See you tomorrow." Jaejoong bid and left the office. 

Yoochun only waived in reply. 

When he was sure Jaejoong has left for good, the man didn't waste any more time to take out his phone and dial a number. 

It took four rings before it was answered. 

"Sorry, I had something at the stove. How is it?" a man's voice asked. 

"He's on his way home. You done there?" Yoochun wondered. 

"Yep. It's actually the last dish I needed to finish. I'm glad I listened to Taeyong and Doyoung's cooking lessons."  came the reply. 

"Having two twenty-something year-olds teach a thirty-three year-old man how to survive is amusing and all, but have you prepared the other things?" Yoochun wondered. 

"Of course. Why do you have to doubt me?" 

"Because you only have a month to get this right. Tell me how it goes once you do, will you?" 

"Fine. Oh, and you better call Junsu. He told me before I left Japan to tell you he needs you to video call him stat or else."

"Or else what?" Yoochun wondered. 

"I don't know. He just told me that. Though I think he referenced something about the next time he sees you." 

"That's all I need to know. Bye." Yoochun said and hung up. 

He hopes things will go smoothly at this point. They have been planning this for a year and hiding things behind Jaejoong's back was easy but guilt-inducing. 

But first, he needs to call his husband to see why he's threatening their life. 

...

On his drive home, Jaejoong can't help but think about his conversation with Yoochun earlier. 

Jaejoong had invested so much in this relationship that he was more than sure that Jung Yunho was the love of his life. 

He had first met Yunho back in 2010 during one of their concerts, when he was contacted by SM to request for him to design the clothes that their active idol groups at the time will need for their SMTown live tour. 

At that time, Jaejoong had already established Moldir two years prior and was in the process of being the rising designer with frequent collaborations with famous Parisian brands. 

He connected immediately with most of the older groups, as they were in his his age group, which made their interactions more comfortable to the point that their resident Diva Kim Heechul had latched onto him the first two hours of meeting. 

At that point, he had met Jung Yunho, who has already been an idol for seven years. He was a part of the duo TVXQ, SM's pride and joy. 

Lee Sooman was the one who personally introduced them to him, having been a fan of their work since the beginning. The man was proud of the two who had revived the Korean Idol industry back when the market was still catering to soloists like BoA when no one would give groups a chance after the success of the first generation idols had all but disbanded. 

At first, Jaejoong was charmed by Yunho's chipmunk cheeks on debut, but he and a lot of Cassiopeia had watched him and Changmin turn from teenagers to men in their twenties with success that they could only imagine back when they were trainees with uncertain futures as idols. To say that one smile can seduce a thousand women was true at that point in his life. 

An asked number, numerous calls and messages later, three months after meeting, Yunho had all but asked the young designer out. 

Had Jaejoong been one of the most dedicated Cassiopeia, he would have fainted in bliss right there. But he was a composed person, and Cassiopeia membership or not, he really did find the other man charming in his passion to delivering results as to not disappoint his fans, and at the same time, taking his work seriously enough to be on the forefront of promoting their culture to the rest of the world. 

Heechul had once told him that he was too passionate that he was influencing local rich boy Siwon and Minho enough to be called the Passion trio, and when the three are together, no one, not even Lee Sooman was brave enough to sit on a table with them. 

Jaejoong and Changmin find it amusing as Heechul was telling the truth. 

Which was why coming out to the general public had been a big risk that they were not willing to take, until recently when idols dating were slowly becoming a norm and homouality was being accepted albeit little by little. 

That was what Jaejoong had concluded to be the reason why Yunho had asked him to go public about his relationship status. Jaejoong had already been out of the closet for a good five years, after one reporter was brave enough to ask if he was gay, seeing as he was never seen with a woman on locations that can give away that he was in the middle of a date. 

Of course, with his revelations came the flames of anger from conservative parents and chaebols. Most of them had been patronizing his brand ever since his second launch of his collections, and to find that the man that they had been buying clothing and accessories from has come out as gay...well, it was a disaster that lasted only two weeks. 

Sure, Jaejoong had lost some of his Korean  clientele, but he had gained more than he had lost in the end. There are those who noticed him for his artistry and had looked beyond him being more than just his ual orientation, and his mentor, who is a well-known designer based in Paris, had helped a lot in doing media control that will ensure that he is left alone regarding his uality. 

But now, eight years on their relationship, Yunho wanted to come out the same way. In an interview on his first solo debut. 

He called him foolish from the get-go, for sabotaging his career that he has worked for the past sixteen years. 

That was their largest argument ever that they had not spoken in a month until Junsu, their stage actor and mutual friend, had taken the reins of control himself and told them to think it over together instead of making one of them submit to what they wanted regarding their relationship. He thought that it was a good idea, seeing as he was now in a happy marriage with Yoochun, a marriage that is now two years running after he snatched the man from the clutches of a chaebol heiress long before it was announced that they were even dating. Even that marriage was scandalous. 

The argument was eleven months ago, and Yunho had never brought it up again after they had made up and Yunho promised never to make him uncomfortable again and that he will think things through before even getting the idea of coming out to the public without assessing the situation. 

Now, Jaejoong feared that Yunho had given up on the whole thing. 

Junsu called him stupid for that. 

Grumbling at the thought of Kim Junsu being the relationship expert, he made his drive home carefully. It was starting to get colder in Paris, what with the Christmas season merely two months away. 

He made the good decision to stop by the nearest supermarket to stock up since he has been living in take-outs recently due to his workload. If Yunho caught him not eating well and does not regularly re-stock, he would be spending most of the time pouting and telling him to eat healthier. 

Like he was one to talk. He has a number of receipts from Changmin telling Jaejoong that he's starving himself choosing practice over food ("IT'S A SACRILEGE HYUNG! NO ONE SHOULD TURN DOWN FOOD!") and passing out when he runs out of energy. 

But he really admits that he was right and he had room to speak since he had been trying and succeeding in taking care of himself more. 

Jaejoong sighed, taking his mind off these things as he drove carefully to his flat. 

These are the times that he really misses his big bear, and he was a little put off that his flight was only scheduled to arrive late at night. He was planning on taking him out for a dinner date, but that was scrapped as of last week, 

After parking his car at his usual spot, he hauled his grocery out of his backseat and made his way up to his penthouse.

The moment he stood in front of his door, he knew that something was amiss. From the small gap on his door and the floor, the lights were on. He always made sure that it was off every time he goes to work, double checks it even. So why?

Not having the patience to overthink, he immediately fished his keys and opened his door, only to hear the sound of soft music and the smell of food gracing his nose.

Someone who has the keys was in his house, and he can already tell who it was. 

As soon as he shut the door, heavy footsteps was heard going to the foyer, and to his amazement, there stood Jung Yunho in a white dress shirt, pants, and his black apron with white stripes, looking like he came out of the cook book photoshoot. 

"Welcome home, Joongie." his angelic voice greeted as he smiled at him with his thousand watt smile that always succeeds in making Jaejoong swoon internally. 

Not really thinking straight, he dropped his bags and threw himself in his open arms, relishing the feeling of his big strong arms wrapped around him gently as he buried his face on his neck. 

Yunho chuckled and caressed the back of his head, "Missed me that much?" he teased. 

Pulling away from him, he punched his abs lightly and stared at him with a pout, "You said you wouldn't arrive until later tonight! You liar!" he accused. 

The man simply pulled him back into an embrace, "All done to surprise you." he said and pulled away and held both his hands, "Come on, I made dinner." 

Jaejoong raised a brow at the statement, "Sorry, you cooked? Is it safe?" 

His boyfriend had the gall to look offended, like he did not almost poison him the last time he tried to cook. "Hey, I'll have you know that Taeyong and Doyoung helped me on this so that you won't get food poisoned. I've been preparing this for weeks now." 

Laughing at his face, Jaejoong simply kissed his lips apologetically, "Alright, but first, help me with my groceries."

"I stocked-up since Yoochun told me you were running yourself ragged for the past few days, but I guess we can make room for more." Yunho said as he took half of the bags Jaejoong had and led him to the kitchen whcih was surprisingly clean despiite him cooking for a while in it now. 

Jaejoong concluded that it must be the first thing that Taeyong had taught him about cooking. The boy's cleanliness is something to be admired, teaching it to a man in his thirties and succeeding was a blessing. 

"Whatever you cooked, it smells good." Jaejoong complimented. "Taeyong and Doyoung must have put a lot of effort in teaching you. I am impressed, Even I can't do that." 

"If Taeyong can teach Jaehyun, they concluded I still have hope in it."

"I'm sure. If they trust you enough to go on your own, they might have succeeded." 

"Why do you sound like you don't believe I can learn?" Yunho asked with a pout. 

The shorter man simply laughed as they tried and succeeded in stocking the pantry as much as they can. It took them a few minutes, but they had succeeded thanks to the fact that Yunho used a fraction of it for dinner. 

As they sat down the dinner table with the freshly cooked dishes, Jaejoong braced himself as he took a bite at the first dish he can reach. To his surprise, it didn't make him feel like he can't take it down. 

Snapping his head to look at his boyfriend, who was smiling at him expectantly, he managed to project his amazement very well. "It's edible!" 

"I'll take that as a compliment." Yunho said as he took a bite at his own portion as well. 

The entire dinner time was spent with Jaejoong complimenting Yunho on a job well-done and the other man smiling in delight all the way. It was the first time that Yunho thought that months of lessons with the NCT boys was worth it. 

After cleaning up, the two of them settled in cuddling on the couch in their nightclothes, hand entwined, relishing the silence and the feel of just being together after months being physically apart. Only getting to talk in video calls during Yunho's two succeeding tours and Jaejoong's preparation for his new collection for the past few months had driven both of them mad for the lack of physical contact. 

Now that they had met again after so long, they found that it was worth the wait if they get to silently cuddle in Jaejoong's conveniently large couch. 

"It's been a while since we've done this, huh?" Jaejoong murmured. 

Yunho hummed in agreement as he played with Jaejoong's fingers, taking a careful attention at his left ring finger. "Yeah. It gets tiring when all I see with me is Changmin, and even then, his attention is not to me but to food." he joked. 

Jaejoong giggled. "Hey now, Changmin adores you." he chided. "That's not something you should say to someone who constantly covers for you when you try to sneak out." 

"I know, He sent me a message earlier saying that I ditched him to fend for himself when some of our staff were asking where I was. I told him to just tell the truth. Our managers are in the loop anyway, but if anyone else asks, I went home to my parents' house. Mom and Dad has that covered too."

It was then when Jaejoong recalled his conversation with Yoochun earlier. He knew that Yunho had wanted more than anything to shout to the world that he was the love of his life, but society made it hard for them to come out, and doing so may destroy Yunho's career as an artist. 

"Let him ask you again. I'm sure this time since you will say yes now, he'd be over the moon at the achievement."

"Maybe Yoochun is right. I'll let him bring it up on his own..." he decided. 

"...ie? Joongie, are you listening to me?" 

Jaejoong was taken out of his thoughts when he was being poked on the cheek by Yunho, clearly curious as to why he was absent-minded and didn't hear a word he said. 

"Sorry, I was lost in thought. What were you saying?" Jaejoong asked. 

Yunho sighed but smiled anyway, "I was thinking we go out tomorrow to see the sights. As much as I want you here alone, I also want to see the sights. It's only my third time in Paris." 

"But what about your fans? Need I remind you that you also have fans here, if your SMTown in Paris is of any indication of your fame." Jaejoong stated. 

"Disguises exists for that." he assured. "Besides, I got some tips from others who goes overseas. We'll be fine, I promise." 

He had to trust Yunho for that. With how they were taught to keep things discreet at all times, it was not hard for them to conceal themselves from the public, and a misdirection by Changmin telling people that Yunho went home for his entire vacation will keep Dispatch occupied in not investigating if a Jung Yunho had gotten out of the country. 

"Alright." Jaejoong conceded. "But you better make sure no one recognizes you, okay?" 

Yunho nuzzled his nose to Jaejoong's hair, "I promise." he whispered in his hair. 

Jaejoong hummed in comfort as he buried himself deeper into his boyfriend's embrace, and in no time at all, the early signs of sleepiness decided to grace itself in their presence. 

"Tired?" Yunho asked. 

The shorter man nodded, "I've been up since this morning with no sleep because of the photoshoot and the showcase planning so I'm a little beat..." 

"That's not 'a little beat' Joongie. You're exhausted. Come on, let's get some sleep." Yunho said with a mischievous grin that Jaejoong had to collect himself to decipher what his grin meant. 

"Jung Yunho, don't you da--ah!" 

In one swift motion, Yunho carried the smaller male like a princess and stood like he weighed nothing. Jaejoong had to constantly remind himself that he was stronger than he looked. 

It didn't take him long to navigate to the bedroom, where Jaejoong's king sized bed was situated under the skylight of his bedroom, where it illuminated the bed just right that the sunlight and moonlight is capable in making the room comfortable to sleep in. 

Placing Jaejoong under the covers carefully, Yunho lay beside him and stared at the man who was pouting adorably that Yunho couldn't resist kissing it away. The man in turn blushed and lightly pinched his exposed arm. 

"You could have warned me first you know!" Jaejoong mumbled. 

"Sorry, but you were sleepy and I had been wanting to do that for a while now." he apologized and pulled Jaejoong into an embrace and Jaejoong instinctively buried himself against his chest, feeling more of the man's warmth. 

Silence reigned once again as the two basked in each other's presence. 

They liked the silence, of the thought of just being together like this with no worries of the outside world of being idols, designers, fans and a conservative society that continued to put restrictions on their happiness. 

But Jaejoong didn't want to think more of that for tonight. Just having Yunho beside him, loving him, was enough for now. 

"Yunho...?" Jaejoong called as he was being lulled to sleep by his heartbeat against his ear. 

"What is it Joongie?" Yunho wondered, knowing that Jaejoong was seconds away from sleeping. 

"I love you." he whispered as he succumbed in his sleep. 

Yunho thought meeting Jaejoong was fate, but he also knew that the relationship he has now with Jaejoong took time and effort, and the desire of being together was what had kept him going for the past eight years for the assurance that yes, he was more than willing to bet that Jaejoong was the love of his life,  

He was the only man--no, he was the only one he wants to spend his eternity with. 

And the ring hidden in his luggage that he plans on giving Jaejoong at the end of his show will be the proof that he was ready to ask Jaejoong again to come out to society, and whether they accept it or not was no longer their problem. 

For Jaejooong, he would risk it all for them to be together. Forever. 

"I love you too." he replied as he too, succumbed to sleep. 

...

Five Weeks Later

SM Artists+Jaejoong+Junsu

{SMTOWN+ VIPs Group Chat}

@changmin88 shared a link:

[Dispatch: TVXQ's Jung Yunho and fashion designer Kim Jaejoong come out as engaged and reveals 8 years of relationship!]

@kimheenim: HA! I knew it! I want you to guest at Knowing Brothers again so that I can interrogate you on record! Dispatch must feel offended that they didn't manage to catch you as soon as you started dating!

@xxxteukxxx: @kimheenim NO! Do you have any idea how bad the press will be?

@yunho2154: @kimheenim I'll think about it after I talk to Joongie. @xxxteukxxx no worries, I had that covered long before I proposed. 

@changmin88: Hyung for the love of God why do I have to know this from the internet?!

@bornfreeonekiss: Sorry Minnie, Yunho wanted to surprise you too. 

@xiaxiajunsu: The fact that he managed to keep this from you for the past six months is uneblievable.

@changmin88: HYUNG! AND I THOUGHT I MEAN SOMETHING TO YOU!

@flamingminho: Congrats Yunho-hyung!

@kimjuncotton: Oh no wonder the others were squealing. Congrats hyung!

@zkdlin: Oh great, now I owe Taemin lunch for the next three months.

@AllRIse: I thought this was a fake since you wouldn't have the guts initially, but congrats!

@sunnyside: Oh~ I'm happy he said yes! I told you taking your time with the ring is the best thing to do!

@twinkletae: I saw it this morning! I though this was fake but it turns out it's not!

@kwonboa: Yunho you sly dog! Show us the ring!

@yunho2154: [attached photo]

@leedonghae: Well. That's a lot of rocks.

@irenereve: You finally did it Yunho-oppa! 

@amberliu: @leedonghae that's a lot of BIG rocks you mean! It must have cost a fortune!

@leetaetae: Did the lessons with Doyoung help with him saying yes, Yunho-hyung?

@yunho2154: @leetaetae thank you for your help, and @doyoungiekim too! It helped!

@bornfreeonekiss: thank you so much. It made me worry less of the state of any kitchen he touches.

@siwonchoi: I'm surprised seongsaengnim didn't lecture you. 

@yunho2154: @siwonchoi LOL he suggested it was time.

@kimheenim: ROFL! Now that we know that seongsaengnim approves, when's the wedding?

@bornfreeonekiss: We're thinking next year in spring. We'll send in the invitations three months before, don't worry @kimheenim. 

@changmin88: ugh. You do realize that the press won't leave us alone, right?

@yunho2154: a risk that I'm ready to take.

@kimheenim: we can talk about the complications later, I NEED DETAILS JOONGIE!!

@bornfreeonekiss: Oh it was romantic! He wore that dress shirt I find him y in and all! You can crash at my place tonight after your schedule and I will tell you everything.

@kimheenim: I'll hold you on to that! And I want you there too Yunho!

@changmin88: I'm coming too Jae-hyung! Yunho-hyung is just smiling at the phone right now and I need proper answers.

@bornfreeonekiss: @changmin88 the more the merrier. And I'll cook dinner for you too. 

@changmin88: YES!

last message received: 7:54 AM

END