❀ The Uncles ❀

Perfect Imperfections [one-shots]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Haeun will be done with her pre-school around 10 so please fetch her. Is there anything you want to ask?"

"No, Hyung. We understand all your explanations."

"Good. We'll always be on call if you need help."

 

 

 

Heechul let out a long sigh as he finally ended his long call with his assistant. His mouth felt sore after explaining all things Donghae needed to know in order to babysit Haeun even only for a day and a night.

 

 

 

A year of their marriage, Heechul and Jungsoo decided to make a regular schedule for them to have some nice time alone. It was quite difficult for them to convince Haeun at first thanks to Donghae's ridiculous scare saying about younger siblings and stuff. However, their effort was not fruitless as it was already their fourth time being away and this time, Jungsoo decided to show Heechul the resort.

 

 

 

"Only a day, baby. Tomorrow evening, we'll be back."

 

 

 

Jungsoo reached out to hold Heechul's hand to calm his husband. The tight grip on their luggage was enough to show how nervous Heechul was. Albeit they already got the hang of leaving Haeun alone, many things were new on this trip. First, it was the first time they went somewhere farther that they had to take an airplane; and second, they usually asked Heechul's mother to babysit their daughter but she was not available at the moment because she was still in another town visiting her relatives. They got no choice but to ask Donghae and Hyukjae who accepted the request without any hesitation. They even agreed to take care of their house because Haeun had difficulty adjusting to a new place so they thought it was the best to stay at Jungsoo's apartment.

 

 

 

Heechul gave up, snuggling to his husband because the worries didn't want to go away. Jungsoo smiled, understanding, as he continued to kiss Heechul's hair as he whispered that everything would always be okay.

It would, right?

 

 

 

-❀-

 

 

 

"Home sweet home!"

Donghae happily entered the house after Hyukjae's face-scanning was successful. He held Haeun's tiny hand and walked into the living room. Hyukjae immediately put down all the stuff he and Donghae believed would help them get closer to Haeun like paints, dolls, colorful wigs, tons of gummy bears, a Nemo costume, and a baseball bat which he didn't know what for but Donghae just threw it in the bag.

 

 

 

"So, sweetheart, for twenty-four hours ahead, Uncle Hae and Uncle Hyuk will take care of you. We will have the most fun. Aren't you excited?"

Haeun, clutching on her bag, was flustered when Donghae suddenly held her shoulders and grinned widely. For a moment, she was overwhelmed before a smile immediately bloomed on her chubby face when Hyukjae swayed a bunch of dolls behind Donghae.

"Now let's eat lunch!"

 

 

 

-❀-

 

 

 

"Thank you."

Jungsoo beamed politely to the flight attendant who'd just delivered their lunch. He glanced sideways and noticed that Heechul was still cranky. Getting enough with Heechul's distraught, he leaned closer and gave a small peck on Heechul's cheek. The younger immediately snapped at him and he didn't have the intention to back away, keeping the close distance.

 

 

 

"Hey, Haeun is a good girl. We'll call them as soon as we get off the plane."

Heechul pouted, eyeing the plane food in front of him which reminded him about Haeun. Everything always led back to her.

"Haeun has been very picky lately. She refuses to eat her vegetables unless I manage to coax her. What if she—"

A chaste kiss was enough to shut Heechul's rambles. Jungsoo smiled and caressed Heechul's cheek with the back of his hand as he assured.

"Baby. She'll be fine. She has Hyuk and Hae."

 

 

 

-❀-

 

 

 

"Cake!"

Haeun cheered loudly when she saw Donghae bringing a piece of cake to the dining room. Her smile turned wider as a bag of potato chips was also served in front of her. It was very rare that she got to eat desserts and snacks before having a proper meal like what her Mama or Papa prepared. Surely, she didn't miss the chance to shove the cake into her tiny mouth.

 

 

 

"Hae, do you think it's okay for her to have a cake for lunch?"

Hyukjae said as he stabbed a straw to his strawberry milk. He eyed the pleased kid in front of him and all he could do was gushing over how adorable his niece was.

"It's fine, Hyukkie. Heechul-hyung told me that," Donghae suddenly lowered his volume.

"That Haeun needs to eat vegetables so I purposefully bought a carrot cake for her lunch."

 

 

 

Hyukjae gulped and took the potato chips on the table.

"Is that why you bought potato chips?"

Please no.

"Yes! Because they're potatoes. That way, Haeun will like her vegetables. Mission accomplished."

 

 

 

Crap. Hyukjae started to sweat because he knew his brother and in law would surely kill them if they found out what Donghae gave Haeun for lunch. Well, as long as he managed to vanish the evidence, they should be fine.

 

 

 

-❀-

 

 

 

"I'll kill them," Heechul snarled, almost smashing his phone to the wall when his calls were left unanswered. Jungsoo who was busy putting their baggage in the trunk of their rented car drew a long breath as he approached his husband.

 

 

 

"No answer?"

"No. What the are they doing?"

Jungsoo pulled Heechul's body towards him and wrapped his arms around his waist, resting his head on Heechul's shoulder.

"It can be that they don't hear your calls."

"But... Dammit, at least they can give updates."

 

 

 

Heechul was still grumbling lowly, persistently trying to call both Hyukjae and Donghae. He was oblivious to the discomfort of his husband because Jungsoo was slowly fed up with the unstable mood ever since they left the house. It was as if the fact that he took Heechul here was against what the younger wanted. He swallowed a hard lump on his throat as he tightened his hug.

 

 

 

-❀-

 

 

 

", what time is it?"

Hyukjae got up and as he cracked his bones, groaning. He fluttered his eyes and just then he realized that he fell asleep in the living room.

No.

They did. He snapped his head left and right and it finally hit him that the three of them accidentally slept on the couch and the carpet, sprawling here and there, after the fun karaoke time this afternoon. He glanced at the clock and his eyes rounded perfectly when it showed that it was already midnight. He quickly searched for his phone and when he finally found it, he almost threw it. Tens of text messages and missed calls were flooding his notification. He gulped and skimmed through the messages. All he could see was the profanities Heechul inserted in each of the messages.

He was dead meat.

 

 

 

-❀-

 

 

 

"Jungsoo. Talk to me."

Heechul could only follow his husband like a lost puppy when the said person was muted ever since they arrived in their stay, after having dinner in the nearby fine-dining restaurant. He didn't know what made Jungsoo mad but he was sure it got to do with him.

"Jungsoo. Answer me. Why are you like this?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo quickened his pace, not minding his husband's constant whines and tugs in his sleeves. He'd really had enough. All Heechul did in the restaurant was being all fussy, still complaining the same stuff again and again. The younger couldn't even focus on a topic without worrying about their daughter whose condition was still unknown thanks to the missing of Hyukjae and Donghae. Although he was also concerned about it, the jealousy and the feeling of being wronged overrode his worries. He knew he shouldn't be feeling like this. And that was exactly what angered him and turned him into a silent dummy. He immediately scanned his access card to their room and when it was accepted, he wasted no time to get in, leaving Heechul in disbelief, motionless behind him.

 

 

 

"Park Jungsoo."

 

 

 

Jungsoo harshly pulled his tie and snapped his button as he suddenly felt so suffocated. He kicked his shoes and threw himself on the bed right after, covering his face with his forearm. He was too embarrassed to ever admit that he once again felt jealous of his daughter. Heechul would hate him if he found out.

 

 

 

"Can you at least tell me if I did anything wrong. Don't give me silence treatment. Talk it out."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter