Gayo

Gayo (One-Shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was nervous as she stood waiting for her cue to come up to the stage. It was a very important night for her because she has finally decided to reveal what everyone has been wondering about - her secret relationship. It is a closely guarded secret that she and that person have agreed to protect at all costs. She finally opened up to her closest friends last night that she was ready to make a stand and tell the world who she really loves. He proposed more than a month ago, on her birthday, and she accepted his proposal. He is just waiting for her to acknowledge that they are in a relationship and that they plan to spend the rest of their lives together.

Stage Director: Dara…Dara…it’s time.

Dara: (Looking at the stage director with a blank stare, it finally registered after a few seconds) Oh, yes, thank you.

As she walked towards the center of the stage to meet her co-host for the night, Kim Soo Hyun, she looked at his eyes and smiled. They turned to the audience and started the greetings.

Soo Hyun: Good evening. I am Kim Soo Hyun and together with my beautiful co-host Sandara Park, we would like to welcome you to the Gayo DaejeonAwards. 

Dara: Thank you Soo Hyun. As always, we would like to start off with a bang and so without further ado, here to perform for us their latest single, let’s welcome one of the nominated groups tonight….BTS!!!!

As the lights were dimmed, Soo Hyun escorted Dara towards the backstage area.  

Soo Hyun: Are you okay? You look so pale. (He held her hands and felt that it was cold and clammy)

Someone observing them from the distance noticed the gesture and wondered if there was anything between the two. 

Hwangbo: Hey…you look so pensive…

Yubin: I was just wondering who Dara is in a relationship with. She is just so secretive. I bet you know who it is.

Hwangbo: (Looking at the general direction where Yubin was looking) Oh, like seeing that kind of display makes you wonder, huh?

Yubin: Yes, I mean you really can’t tell with her.

Hwangbo: She is just really friendly with everyone. Okay, do you want to play a guessing game? Since Dara is our mutual friend, I don’t think she would mind me telling you that the guy she has been in a long-term relationship with is in this event. So let me know what you have observed and maybe you will get the answer to your curiosity towards the end of the night.

Yubin: Interesting….but…almost everyone in K-Pop is here.

Hwangbo: Right, so watch closely and we’ll see if you guessed the right guy later.

Yubin: Sounds like fun!

Hwangbo: I know right! I think they are almost done performing, time for us to hand out some awards.

Yubin: Yup, let’s do this.

Dara was backstage in between performances. As the night p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter