Intro: Home Is Far Away

Dans la nuit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Home.

She let go of her bags, letting it fall on the ground with a thud, opening and closing her hands to allow blood to circulate through her veins and let out a sigh. She was there again, not for too long though, she remembered.

She looked around, trying to take in the feeling of being in this place again, night lights from the outside providing a calm and comforting dimness. The place had not changed, not that she had expected otherwise. Her room was the same as she left it many months ago. A few letters had been left on her desk, but other than that, it felt as if she lived there the day before.

Taking tentative steps, she decided to take a closer look at the small room. Her comfortable bed with her plushie family that she put so much dedication to win at the claw machines, the pictures of her friends on the wall just next to it, the books and manhwa she accumulated over the years on the opposite side, the clothes she hadn’t been able to bring with her. She traced her fingers on the furniture as if she needed the reality check.

Everything felt so familiar, yet so distant. Was it nothing but a dream? The sting in her hands from carrying her bags told her it wasn’t, but she still had a hard time believing her memories were events that actually occurred.

“Sweetie, dinner’s ready!” she heard her mother shout from downstairs.

She sighed again. This was her old life, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter