Final

Fallen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tonight, Byun Kingdom will celebrate the Royal Family first son 18th birthday, Prince Byun Kyungsoo. I'm happy that he will not be in his adolescent world anymore. Since he is the crown prince, he will rule the kingdom, taking over his father position.

 

“Earth on your highness!” Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

 

Chanyeol has been my personal bodyguard since I was 10 years old which make us really close. He is just 5 years older than me. Yeah surprisingly he started the job when he was only 15 years old. Amazing but it’s the truth.

 

“God, you scared the hell out of me! Learn to knock the door will you? And how many times do I need to ask you to stop calling me that?”

 

“And you should stop daydreaming. You are a prince, so why should I stop calling you that?”

 

“Hmph, shut up. What brings you here by the way?”

 

“Oh ya! Her highness asked me to tell you to get ready for the birthday party tonight and−”

 

“And...?”

 

“She forbids you to sit on the thrones with them. I’m sorry.” he looks at his feet, trying to avoid an eye contact with me.

 

“It’s okay.. as expected right?”

 

Why do my heart still shatters although I’m already used to it?

 

No.

 

No. I was lying to myself. I’m not used to it. It has been years already but why can’t I just accept it?

 

“Hey hey hey. Stop thinking about it Baek . I’m here to shower you with lots of love!” Chanyeol  grins stupidly, spreading his arms as if he is inviting me to hug him.

 

“No, I’m not thinking about it but thanks yeol , you don’t really have to do that.”

 

“Not gonna hug me? Fine.” He pouts.

 

I roll my eyes and stepping forward to hug him. “Satisfied?”

 

“Yep! I need to continue my work by the way. Call me if you want anything, okay? I’m always here for you, don’t forget that!” He waves cheerfully.



 

***



 

“Happy 18th Birthday to you, Prince Baekhyun!” Chanyeol  came to my room all of sudden while holding a cupcake with a candle on it. I stared blankly at the cupcake, not really knowing how to react and what to do.

 

“I know this is nothing but come on, blow the candle.” I blew the candle slowly and looked at Chanyeol , feeling touched.

 

“Congratulations, dude! You are an adult now!” Chanyeol said, shoving the cupcake into my mouth forcefully.

 

“Shankyujocshuaralyapprshiatit.”

 

“Sorry, I don’t speak that language.” He said sarcastically with his stupid smirk.

 

I swallowed the cupcake slowly, glaring at him. “What I'm saying is, thank you. I really appreciate it.”

 

“You are most welcome! Don’t talk when your mouth is full, I can’t understand you!”

 

“Right, who was the one who shoved it into my mouth yeah?”

 

“Hmm? Don't remember!” He childishly put out his tongue. Oh god, if only I could punch his stupid face right now.

 

“By the way dear, do you want me to remind your family that today is your birthday?”

 

“No need. They never celebrate my birthday though and I don’t think they want to.”

 

“But hey! It’s their first child birthday!”

 

“It's okay..”

 

“What do you mean by okay?!”

 

“It’s fi−”

 

“No, it’s not!”

 

“Hey, it's rea-”

 

“No. Everyone deserves to celebrate with the one who they lov-!”

 

“Shut up! Just shut up, okay?! Shut up...” I yelled, not realising tears welling up in my eyes.

 

Not that I didn’t want to remind them but things were just too hard for now. Who care if there was no one beside you on your birthday? It was just a birthday.

 

Just a birthday.


 

Yeah, nothing really special right?


 

Birthday was just a stupid event, right?


 

Or was it just me who felt like that?



 

“God, I’m sorry Baek! I really am! I should have not said that! I’m really sorry!” He hugged me tightly.

 

No, you should. You should have said that, to make me realize how worthless I am to my family and to the kingdom. The kingdom didn’t deserve to have a powerless prince like me.

 

“Forget it. I’m sorry too, for raising my voice like that. It’s just that... I...” I reciprocated the hug and clenched his cloak, trying to hold back my tears.

 

Chanyeol  patted my back and smiled. I closed my eyes and cherish the warm he gave me. Somehow, it gave me strength. Chanyeol looked at me with his eye smile. “No matter how worthless you feel remember, you are worth it to someone even if you don’t know it now. Maybe you will know it later.”



 

***



 

“Ah, this is weird. My body is weird. I feel cold but hot at the same time! God!”

 

“Stop complaining, it’s just a fever! I told you to rest, right? For your own sake, just lay on the bed quietly and sleep!” I know that Chanyeol is getting annoyed at me but what can I do, my surrounding was getting weird and weirder. It is like the world is spinning!

 

Several minutes later, I got to calm myself and slowly close my eyes. Everything is getting darker and the last thing I remember is darkness.




 

Chanyeol is looking at Baekhyun suspiciously. ‘Well, seems like it’s one of the symptoms. My guess is going to be right this time!’ he smirks.

 

First born, checked.

 

Born with no power, checked.

 

Unusual fever, checked.

 

‘I will tell him later’ he thought while leaving the room, letting the latter sleep peacefully.



 

***



 

“Awake?”

 

“Uh… my head hurts.”

 

“Yeah, you should because you slept for two days.”

 

“Tw− what?! Why don’t you wake me up?”

 

“Believe me, I tried. But you don’t even move slight a bit so I just let you and not to mention that you look like a koala. Just saying. Here, a drink for you.” I slowly took the glass from Chanyeol’s hand, gulping all the water in one go.

 

“Ah, so refreshing! Thank you.” I smiled.

 

“You are welcome. Oh right, I forgot that I have a meeting with the King. Got to go, see you!”

 

“Sure, be careful.” I look the figure that slowly disappear from my sight. This is hopeless. My head is hurting so bad. I need some help.



 

***



 

The door was waiting for me to knock but my hand doesn’t allows me to. My brain and heart are arguing whether this is the right decision.

 

Ah, forget it. Just knock the door, easy.




 

Knock, knock.




 

“Yes, please come in.” That firm yet soft voice can be heard through the door. I come in to the room with heavy footsteps.

 

“Mothe−”

 

“Who the hell give you the right to call me like that, huh?! Such a nuisance!” She hisses, glaring at me.

 

“I’m sorry, your highness. I won’t forgive my careless mistake” I bow. I guess my heart hurts more than my head right now.

 

“Ugh, what do you want now?”

 

“I’m sorry if this is too much but your highness, I need my head to heal because my head had been throbbing since days ago.” And I need you to heal my heart too, if it is possible?

 

“What kind of joke are you trying to make? You know what? I don’t even care and I really don’t want to see your face. So, can you please get out of my room, right now?!” I stare blankly at her. I should have expect this to happen.

 

Mom, I’m sorry for whatever I did.



 

Mom,




 

I love you.



 

***



 

“Kyungie! Let’s play together after this!” The 6 years old boy asked his little brother as they finished having a lunch together with his family.

 

“Okay! But we need a permission from mom and dad. So, can we?” He said enthusiastically while looking at his parents with pleading eyes.

 

“Oh look at you. How can I resist that? Of course you can.” The King smiled while ruffling his son’s hair.

 

“No. I will not allow you guys to play together. Should you be studying, Baekhyun? To be a better son for your family? Or your kingdom? Go to the library, now!” The Queen yelled. Baekhyun was searching for help from his father but Chanyeol only shook his head to the situation and continued eating his food quietly. Not even dare to spare a glance to the confused little boy.

 

“But mom, I just finished studying though…”

 

“Oh look, someone is going to rebel. Do you even realize that you are worthless? So shouldn’t you at least try to be worth? Having a powerless son like you is a disgrace to the family. Now get out or you will not have a dinner tonight.” She rolled her eyes before pushing the little boy with a force, looking at him with full of disgust.

 

“Mom... I love you.”

 

“Just get out, will you?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter