~End~

White & red

 

Based on a real story.. My story.. Can you guess who I am in the story?

 

~~~~~

 

Just another school day, but a bit different. There’s an upcoming inter school competition so Joohyun and her team have been training all day. She’s tired.

 

But Joohyun is not only tired, she's also a bit annoyed. Her girlfriend, Seungwan, didn’t come to school that day. Seungwan said that she’s feeling under the weather, so she’ll be sleeping in, she said.

 

Joohyun said it’s okay, but something’s off. Seungwan was okay yesterday. Well, aside from the part where Joohyun hit her with a volleyball.

 

In Joohyun’s defense, it’s not her fault, it just so happened that Seungwan is sitting where the ball flew while talking to Sejeong. Totally not Joohyun’s fault, right? Pure accident.

 

If you’re wondering what Joohyun's position in her team is, she’s the spiker.

 

What happened didn’t help the case, because after the ball hit Seungwan’s head Sejeong quickly massaged the part where the ball hit.

 

Remembering that, Joohyun can’t help but get irritated. 

 

“Unnie, you might want to soften it. You might break the ball and the wall.” Sooyoung commented as she watched Joohyun hitting the ball to the wall aggressively.

 

“Huh? What?” Joohyun stopped what she’s doing.

 

“Unnie, after the stunt you pulled yesterday. I think Seungwan unnie has the right not to feel good today. I mean, that definitely hurts.” Sooyoung said she grabbed the ball from Joohyun.

 

“I told you it’s an accident. I didn’t mean to hit the ball in their direction.” Joohyun explained with a straight face.

 

“Yeah. yeah. If you say so.” Sooyoung waved her hand at Joohyun dismissively.

 

Joohyun sat on a nearby bench and got her bottled water. She checked her phone, the last message she received from Seungwan was two hours ago.

 

“She said she’s not feeling well, so she must be sleeping.” She said to herself and put her phone down. 

 

Then a pair of girls talking gleefully sat on a nearby bench. “Seungwan unnie is so cool. I heard that she won a silver medal last year for our Chess team, then she’s competing again this year. She’s the student council vice president. She’s part of our school choir. And she dances too. Can she be any cooler?”

 

The girl said, swooning. ‘Seungwan being not here today is good’. Joohyun thought.

 

The other girl answered. “I know right? And she’s so nice too. Remember when the student council built a wedding booth and she was the minister? I was there one time and my god, she was smiling at us the whole time. She’s so cute!!”

 

What the first girl said next made Joohyun’s left brow twitch. “I heard she’s single, but I would sometimes see her with a girl named Sejeong. But I’m not sure if they’re a thing. And I also heard that there’s this girl from first year who gave Seungwan unnie chocolates and Seungwan unnie hugged the girl to thank her.”

 

Then both girls squealed at the thought.

 

Joohyun stood up abruptly and squeezed the poor plastic bottle in her hand getting the two younger girls' attention.

 

The two looked at Joohyun and bowed. Then Joohyun heard one of the girls whisper as she walked past them, “That’s Joohyun unnie, the spiker of our volleyball team. She’s Seungwan unnie’s best friend, right? She’s so pretty.”

 

Joohyun smirked and took one last glance at her phone before going back to training.

 

Yes, Seungwan is the vice president of the student council, a member of the school choir, has her own dance group, and board 1 of the school's Chess team.

 

It added more fuel to the fire that Seungwan is so nice and friendly. Joohyun can’t complain though, that’s what she loved about Seungwan. Sometimes she just can’t help but feel that the green little monster, named Irene, wants to come out and wreak havoc.

 

Back when they were just friends, they were walking in the mall with some friends. Joohyun was walking ahead with Yerim then Seungwan at tow. 

 

When Joohyun looked back Seungwan was nowhere to be found, but what she saw from not so far away is what caught Joohyun’s heart. Seungwan was carrying grocery bags for an old lady who’s trying to walk up the stairs.

 

Joohyun smiled, reminiscing.

 

“I think you need to get checked, unnie. Half an hour ago you were so mad now you’re smiling like an idiot. That’s definitely not healthy.” Sooyoung commented.

 

“Shut up! I just remembered something.” 

 

“By something, you mean someone, right? And that someone is named Seungwan, right again?”

 

Joohyun rolled her eyes, acting annoyed. “Instead of noticing everything that I’m doing, why don’t you practice tossing so when we do our play it’ll be silky smooth.”

 

Joohyun then picked up one of the balls on the floor and threw it at Sooyoung, then they went back to training. 

 

Afternoon, and the students are ready to go home, but not Joohyun’s team. They still have half an hour left to train. So train they will.

 

“Unnie! Unnie!”

 

Joohyun looked where the voice came from and then she saw Seulgi running to her direction. 

 

“What? What?” Joohyun asked the panting bear.

 

“I have something of Seungwan. I won’t be able to come by her house later, Sooyoung and I are going to the mall. Can you give it to her instead? You’re going to her place right?”

 

“Yeah. I think so. I haven’t heard from her since this afternoon. So, yeah, I might check on her.”

 

“Great! That’s great! The thing that Seungwan needs is in the classroom. Can you please follow me?”  Seulgi said grinning, her eye-smile showing.

 

Joohyun furrowed her eyebrows. It’s weird but Joohyun still followed Seulgi.

 

Seulgi was hopping. She looked happy and giddy? Whatever’s happening is getting Joohyun confused and suspicious. But if Seungwan really needs whatever it is that Seulgi is about to give her, she’ll get it for Seungwan.

 

“This way please.” Seulgi ushered Joohyun inside the room.

 

“Unnie, get inside the room and just wait there, okay?” Seulgi left before Joohyun can even enter the room.

 

“Wait Seulgi-yah! Why are you leaving me here?” Joohyun shouted at the running bear, but all that she heard was a faint ‘just go inside’.

 

Joohyun pushed the door open. What welcomed her was a bouquet of red and white roses placed on the table near the door.

 

Joohyun picked up the flowers and looked at them. It’s a total of fourteen. Seven white, Seven red.

 

Then she heard strumming. Joohyun was startled that she immediately turned around to look at what it is or in this case, who.

 

Joohyun’s eyes widened when she saw who it was. 

 

Ain't never felt this way

Can't get enough so stay with me

It's not like we got big plans

Let's drive around town holding hands

 

Joohyun held on to the flowers tighter. She knows it’s hers. It belongs to her.

 

And you need to know

You're the only one, alright alright

And you need to know

That you keep me up all night, all night

 

Joohyun walked closer, never looking away. 

 

Oh, my heart hurts so good

I love you, babe, so bad, so bad

Oh, oh my heart hurts so good

I love you, babe, so bad, so bad

 

Joohyun watched as her girlfriend serenades her in her cute pink button-up, black pants, and vans.

 

Mad cool in all my clothes

Mad warm when you get close to me

Slow dance these summer nights

Our disco ball's my kitchen light

 

The new haircut never goes unnoticed by Joohyun. ‘She cut her hair short… hmmm.. I like..’ She thought to herself as she bit her lip.

 

And you need to know

That nobody could take your place, your place

And you need to know

That I'm hella obsessed with your face, your face

 

Seungwan was staring at her then winked at the last phrase. Joohyun rolled her eyes. Can her girlfriend get any cheesier than this?

 

But then again, Joohyun smiled. It never left her lips. 

 

Oh, my heart hurts so good

I love you, babe, so bad, so bad

Oh, oh my heart hurts so good

I love you, babe, so bad, so bad, oh

So bad, oh

Oh, my heart hurts

Oh, my heart hurts

Oh, my heart hurts

So bad, oh

 

Seungwan finished the song and put down her guitar. “You liked it?” Seungwan asked Joohyun, grinning.

 

Seungwan walked closer to Joohyun and placed both hands on Joohyuns waist. Joohyun placed the flowers on the table and s her arms on Seungwan's neck. Her hands caressing Seungwan’s nape.

 

“Like it? Nah.. I loved it” Joohyun answered and moved closer to Seungwan. Closing the space between them. Joohyun leaned her forehead on Seungwan, then she tilted her head. 

 

“Wait!” Seungwan said as she released one of her hands from holding on to Joohyuns waist as she reached for something. 

 

“Here..” Seungwan said giving a single rose to Joohyun. It’s a hybrid. The petals are a combination of white and red. “Now, your flowers are complete. This is the fifteenth.” Seungwan said with a smile.

 

Joohyun held the single rose and looked at it like a kid receiving the toy she’s been asking for a whole year on christmas day. Her eyes twinkled with happiness.

 

Seungwan held on to Joohyuns hand, the one that’s holding the rose, and said. “White and red, it means pure love.”

 

“Happy anniversary, Hyunnie.” Seungwan looked at Joohyun and smiled lovingly.

 

“Happy anniversary, Wannie.” Joohyun smiled then closed the gap between their lips.

 

It was short and sweet. They are still in the school grounds so.. You know what I mean.

 

“I love you..” Seungwan said.

 

Joohyun's heart beat fast and loud, she answered. “I love you too..” 

 

~~~~~

 

A/N 

Its based on a real story,  but changed the song that was used for something newer to fit the time (2019).

 

The original song was really old and it's not English. For reference it's - Minsan lang kita iibigin by Ariel Rivera