I Just Want To Be With You

Drunk Footsteps That Led Me To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Minjoo, are you sure you'll be fine on your own?" Yena, although she's always playful around her friends, couldn't help but felt concerned for Minjoo, who was a little too tipsy to walk on her own, her face flushed.

"I'll – be fine –" Minjoo slurred a little, frowning as she couldn't walk properly without feeling dizzy.

"Oh god, Chaewon's going to hunt me down because I didn't stop you from drinking," Yena mumbled, trying to balance Minjoo before getting slightly shoved away.

"Go Yena unnie, I know you're still worried Yuri who's on her own right now..." Minjoo stopped in her tracks for a while, trying to stablise herself. She wasn't exactly drunk, just a little tipsy but it's enough for her to be extra clumsy. "I can return to my room on my own."

Scratching her cheek, Yena replied, "A-ah, okay then, I'll go back to check on Yuri?"

Minjoo didn't reply, merely waving her hand dismissively to Yena. The older girl then gave another worried look to the younger, then she turned and said, "Be careful Minjoo-yah, you're almost at your room. Bye! I'll come and check on you tomorrow morning!"

After Yena left, Minjoo stayed at her original spot and leaned on the wall for a while, her hand reaching up to massage the side of her head to ease her headache.

I wanna see Chaewon unnie right now. On the thought of it, Minjoo unconsciously pouted and her shoulders slumped. But she's probably sleeping now, huh? It's two in the morning...who wouldn't be?

Minjoo sighed, attempting to walk along the corridor and go back to her room to get some sleep, but when she opened the door of her room – is this her room? Her mind was in a mess of being tipsy and missing Chaewon that she couldn't even process where she was going.

The room was filled with a familiar mix of jasmine and mint scent – an evidence to which the couple had basically spent most of their nights in each other's rooms. Minjoo took a deep breath, drowsily going into the toilet and brushed her teeth before going to bed.

As she slumped onto her bed – wait, it feels like someone's on my bed? – Minjoo thought, but then her tiredness immediately took over her as the mint-scented bed calmed her into dreamland.

Chaewon, Chaewon.

–––

Chaewon stirred as someone opened her room's door – wait, it's night, everyone should be sleeping and no one should be coming into her room. Also, did she forgot to lock her door?

That's bad. Judging from the noise, the intruder wasn't searching for something, but...brushing their teeth in her room?

Now Chaewon didn't know whether to laugh or be nervous. Is it safe to say she's safe now? She's quite sure that person was just someone who walked into the wrong room, and coincidentally enough, she herself forgot to lock her door.

The running of water stopped, and Chaewon debated whether to get up from her bed to check who's in her room.

Then that person slumped their body – or rather, her body – onto her bed, and Chaewon immediately smiled as the fresh jasmine scent mixed with some light alcohol scent washed over her nostrils.

Minjoo should really have at least showered before sleeping. Chaewon thought.

"Chaewon, Chaewon..." Minjoo mumbled from her sleep, her long arms wrapping around Chaewon instinctively. Naturally, Chaewon leaned backwards into Minjoo's embrace, although she smelled quite like jasmine mixed with wine, but Minjoo's still her favourite person in the world.

"Aish, this girl..."

Chaewon smiled fondly as the younger Kim clinged onto her, murmuring her name over and over again while her eyes were half-closed.

They've met in high school, Chaewon being the first to realise her feelings for the younger Kim while the younger was rather oblivious to her own feelings. Both were in the same Korean cultural society market

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter