LIFE

THE PURPOSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: I want to apologize in advance for all the typo and grammatical error you may encounter while reading. I don’t proofread this and I finished this story in one sit.

 

 

 

 

She momentarily closed her eyes as she let the cold wind brush her skin, giving her a little shiver. She slowly lifted her head up while her hands holding firmly at the railing as if her life depended on it. A tight smile formed on her lips at the odd thought. In reality, her life is really depended on that railings now.

 

“Do you really have to do it?”

 

Her eyes snapped open at the sudden voice behind her and she gripped more tightly at the cold hard pole if that is even possible. She heard a sigh and she stiffened when she felt a presence slowly coming closer to her.

 

“Don’t come near”, she sternly said without looking at whoever the person is.

 

She gritted her teeth when she continued hearing footsteps coming near her. Does this man do not know how to listen? Can’t he see what she is trying to do?

 

“I said, don’t go near me. Don’t even try to stop me”, she shouted, finally whipping her head to the man.

 

The man lifted his gaze and met her eyes. The eyes of sadness. Somehow, that eyes looks so familiar with him. He continued to stare at her eyes unabashedly and a smirk formed on his lips. Yes! Of course, he know those eyes. Those eyes mirrors the same sadness in his eyes.

 

“Who said I am going to stop you?”, he said after diverting his eyes at the road below. He watched as cars keeps on passing by in quick speeds.

 

“What do you mean?”, she asked in confusion.

 

“I’m going to join you”

 

“What?”

         

It is her time now to stare at him. She observed silently as the man hopped beside her and hold the same railings she’s currently gripping. What does this man mean he’s going to join her? Is he also planning to take his life?

 

“You are not the only one who can do suicide here, you know”, she heard him say. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. How can he still joke when they are in the middle of jumping off the bridge to kill themselves?

 

“So, what made you suicidal?”, he asked after. Both of them are now watching the same cars passing by, the drivers are probably oblivious of the two people standing near the bridge.

 

“Are you trying to chat me out? Because it’s not going to work, I’m still going to jump”, she accusingly responded earning a chuckle from him. She glared at him but he only shook his head in amusement.

 

“I will tell you, before you knew it, I already jumped before you do”, he said as if he is telling the truth. For some reasons, her confusion grew bigger as she looked into him.

 

“What made you? D-did someone cheated on you also?”, she slowly asked as her eyes slowly drifting back at the road.

 

She heard another insulting scoff from him “Is that the reason you want to kill yourself? Pathetic!”

 

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?”

 

How can he affront her like he know her? This made her blood boil so she glared at him but he just looked at her unbothered. He looked back at her straight in the eye making her gasped. His eyes. She can’t believe she’s seeing those eyes. The eyes of... the eyes of sorrow.

 

She blinked in an attempt to clear the look of his eyes on her view but she was drawn on how his eyes labored so much sadness.

 

“W-what happened to you?”, she unconsciously breathed out. She can’t believe that she saw such eyes. It looks like all the weight of the world is upon him and he is just trying to open those eyes to live the day without breaking out.

 

“Life. That’s what happened to me”

 

Silence then enveloped them. She was silently observing him as he lifelessly stared down at the road. Her plan of jumping down momentarily forgotten as her attention was completely on the man beside her. Looking at him, it makes her question if her reason is really that pathetic.

 

“You are beautiful, do you know that?”, he said without looking at her. Did she just heard him right?

 

“What?”

 

“Men are not all the same. If he left you, it means he is not for you”

 

“What are you saying?”, she asked her. This man is making here confused. And he is delaying her attempt of suicide.

 

“Life is hard. I know because I was stuck living it. But there is a reason while we are living it. Try to explore it”, his tone turned serious and she’s not sure why, but she wants to hear him speak more.

 

“You may live your life like it was holding you captive. You can’t do anything but to put your steps to where it leads you. But don’t forget you have to also move your feet on your own. Don’t let it lead you”

 

“I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what you are saying”, she rambled, unaware that she is now slowly stepping out of the railings to walk over him.

 

She stared at him as he give him a tight smile.

 

“Give your life another try. You live not for yourself, but for others. If you can’t see your purpose, open your eyes. If you can’t still see through the darkness, open your heart”

 

“Sorry. You are not making any sense”, she shook her head. He is just wasting her time. She doesn’t like how he is talking in riddles and it doesn’t connect at all.

 

“Don’t lose faith. Be thankful of the misery you face because that will make you stronger. Learn from it. Don’t just easily give up because of just one person you thought took your happiness”

 

“Easy for you to say”, it’s her time now to scoff. She lived her life almost pretty perfect. Until her boyfriend took everything from her and by that time, she knew she mean nothing to him. She felt nothing and useless to everyone.

 

“There is more to life. You just need to find it out. If you need to walk through spikes and fire, do it. Don’t stop because after all those pain, there is always a field of grass waiting to heal you”

 

She heaved a sigh and just looked at him in resignation. She doesn’t understand anything he is saying and her mind isn’t in the right state to think thoroughly about it.

 

“You have a mission to do. Don’t do anything you might regret in the end. It’s not good down there”

 

“What do you know?”, she asked curiously, trying to assert some sensed in her brain.

 

“Look around you. There are still more things you need to put in your heart, you just need to believe. There are more people who wants to see you smile, you are their encouragement. There are more places waiting for you, it is where you would see where you really belong”

 

“Please, stop. You are confusing me. You don’t even know me”, she somberly said, finally aware that she is now standing close behind him.

 

“I hope I could still have another day to live so that my eyes could see the things I didn’t see and so my heart could love the people I failed to love”, he sighed as he closed his eyes and a small smile tugged on his lips making her heart beat rapidly.

 

His smile is something she never saw before. Those smile is different from how his eyes speaks. It is as if he is contented. That smile looks like of an angel. A smile that seems to experience real joy.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter