Epilogue

X EXO - Epilogue

“We did it! It’s all over!” Chen cheered.

“Yeah…what do we do now?” Chanyeol asked his comrade, his eyes that were once filled with such exhilaration were now appearing lost.

“I don’t know.” Sehun responded, hand clutched into his hair, fingers smoothing out the wefts.

The six men stood victorious on desolate terrain. A bright star above them piercing its unforgiving rays onto the planet’s surface as it burned and destroyed whatever life that was left there. There were six live bodies lightly tattered while six other identical forms lay on the ground, lifeless.

“I don’t know what to do…” Sehun’s stark white eyes soon welled with water.

These six soldiers were fabricated by an unknown source, but their original motives were very clear. To eliminate. That was it, nothing more, nothing less than that. They stepped foot on this planet to destroy life on the planet named Earth along with it’s six protectors who they were constructed to look like. It was as if they were identical twins, yet their anatomy and beliefs were that of different worlds. However, since these soldiers reached their goal of bestowing an apocalypse to this planet. What were they to do now?

“I’m feeling a soft pain, in my chest--” Suho muttered, grasping onto his shirt with a writhed expression.

“What the hell is up with you? Those humans didn’t poison you during the fight, did they?!” Baekhyun questioned, brows furrowed at the other.

“No…I’m probably just- “

“Feeling defeated?” Kai intercepted whilst his skin slowly started to deteriorate in the wind as if he was sand.

“, , NO WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!” Sehun frantically tried to grab for the other though it just made it worse as his own hands were brought to dust.

“We won though—are we being punished?!” Fear riddled Chen’s voice when he watched his fingers vanish before his eyes.

“Stop fighting it. We did what we came to do. It’s over.” Kai seemed to have come to terms with their situation before anyone else.

“But I don’t want this-“ Chanyeol fell to the ground since his body was no longer supporting him.

“This can’t ing be it!” Baekhyun punched at the ground as he watched his hand form as one with the Earth.

“Dammit…I guess he’s right.” A smirk managed to spread itself over Suho’s lips, chest slowly caving into itself at the same time as he witnessed the remainder of his companions wither away into nothing. “Our obsession is no more so what’s the point…?”