fin

RUNAWAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin just came home after work.

"YOU ! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOU PIECE OF ?!" that word echoed within the four corner of the house.

"Why do you care?" Yujin answered blankly.

"WHY YOU!" her drunkard father screams again then slap her so hard in the face that she fell off on the floor, but she manage to stand up like nothing happened. Wearing that same poker face she had and not showing any signs of pain or emotion.

Yujin is so use to this, all this abuse she receives and bearing with it because she still think of him as her father. Since her mother died, her father had done nothing but get drunk. Even before when she's still going to school, she's the one doing all the household chores and also work to support her schooling and their living. But as time pass by, she cannot bear with it anymore and had to stop from schooling and just focus on working. Even years had pass, her father is still that same 'drunkard old man', that's what their neighbors called him.

"Do you have money?" asked her father as if he had not just hurt her.

"Why? So you could buy another alcohol and get drunk again like you always do?" Yujin sarcastically ask.

Then another hand landed on her face. This time she didn't fell anymore but a smirk is seen on her face which pissed her father more. Without any second she collapsed as she felt her stomach ached with pain. Her father just punched her in her stomach because of anger then took her wallet to get some money.

"Thank you for this my dear daughter." he said as he stormed out of their house.

Yujin was left alone and crying, not because of the pain of those punches and slap of her face, but because her heart is aching. 

How can my father be like this to me?

Why does Mom had to die?

Why is my life like this?

Why am I so miserable?

Why am I alone?

All those questions run through her mind.

That night she had decided to finally run away to her  nightmare of a life. She took her things up and came out of their house.

Sorry, but I will never return to this house anymore.

She thought. Their are still those happy memories with her mother in there, but that was before.

----------

A year later.

Is that girl crying? she asked herself.

The curious girl went near the other girl who is sitting on the bench thinking she is crying. Her guess is right though. At first, the crying girl didn't seem to notice the other girl's present so that other girl fakes cough.

"Ehem! Ehem! Are you.... perhaps crying?" Yujin finally ask.

The girl then quickly wipe her tears.

"N-No! I'm just sweating through my eye." she stammered a little when she answered.

Yujin then laugh for a bit because of the answer of the other girl.

"Is that so?" Yujin said smiling.

"Y-yes!" 

"Do you want some ice cream?" the short haired girl asked.

"Ice cream?" the other girl asked thinking why this stranger is asking her.

"Yes! You know, that cold thing you eat when it's hot? Sometimes it's in a cone, sometimes on a cup, but usually in my stomach and kids love it too." Yujin jokingly said.

That left a little giggle to the girl that is a while ago sweating through her eyes, as she said.

Then Yujin lend a hand for a hand shake.

"Yujin, by the way."

"I'm Wonyoung." while shaking the other girls hand.

"Since we know each other~ come on, let's go! There's an ice cream shop just across the street." 

At first the other girl hesitated, but then agreed.

----------

It's been five days since they've met. Yujin learned that Wonyoung also run away from home because of family issue and had no place to go. After she knew that, she didn't even think for a second to let the girl stay with her in the small apartment that she is renting. She pity her because she knows how it feels.

"Wonyoung, stop doing that. You're not my maid you know." she told her.

"It's the least I can do since you let me in here." she answered with a smile, while still cleaning.

Ever since she met the younger girl, she always felt so relieved and light, thinking that finally somehow she's not alone.

"Yah! Yah! That's not the point you know." Yujin said while raffling Wonyoung's hair.

"It's okay! It really is." the younger says in assurance.

"Okay, but next time when you want to clean up, wake me up so we can clean together." Yujin says. 

"Okay!" the other answered.

----------

As days passed by, they're getting closer and closer to each other.

At the mall.

"Bluejinnie!" the younger calls.

Wonyoung started calling Yujin with that when she knew that blue is her favorite color.

"Yes!" she replied.

"Let's go to the arcade!" Wonyoung excitedly says while smiling from ear to ear.

"Sure! Let's go!" Yujin grabs the youngers wrist then run towards the arcade.

They planned to play only in a few minutes but stayed there for hours.

"Hooo! That's tiring!" Yujin muttered.

"Yes, but it's super fun right?"

"Sure it was! You're full of energy.  You're running from place to place like a kid." she said teasingly to the other.

"I was not!" Wonyoung answered then cross her arms and pouted.

"Yes you are! You kiddie." 

"No! No! No!" the so called kid is still whining.

----------

Week two since they've met.

The two are in a park having a little picnic.

"What a nice day we have!" Yujin says with a warm smile. 

She never felt at peace like this ever until Wonyoung came to her life. Her dull life became colorful. Before, she only live for the sake of living, now she's living because she finally knows how wonderful it is to live.

"Luckily it's your day off today." Wonyoung smiles with the same warmth Yujin has while looking straight to her eyes.

The older cannot explain why her heart suddenly flutter. She always felt comfortable and connected with the other girl, but this is the first time she had this feeling.

"Y-yes!" she stammered and look away as fast a she can. 

What's this feeling?

Are you crazy Yujin?

She thought to herself.

When suddenly Wonyoung helds her hand. She's startled by the action and look immediately to the other, but Wonyoung is just looking up in the sky. She just stared and admire the younger. 

Never in her life she thought she would see such beauty, would feel such warmth and would feel this kind of feeling.

"Don't you know that clouds are white because they reflect light from the sun, while gray clouds become so filled with water that they don’t reflect light." Wonyoung suddenly spoke still looking at the sky and still not letting go of Yujin's hand.

"W-why did you suddenly thought of that?" Yujin asked.

"I just realized that when you're full of bad, negative and sad thoughts or emotional, no matter how bright the people or the things around you, it won't reflect you because those bad thoughts are just like the water that filled you leaving no space for the light to come through." she said.

"But when you let that thoughts and emotion precipitate like rain, the light of other will finally reflect you." she added then slowly look at Yujin who's still looking at her.

"Meaning, you have to let go of the bad past that filled you with hatred and let new positive memories shower you with brightness." she said again.

"You're right! Those bad memories is just pulling as backward, so might as well just forget about it." Yujin replied with a soft smile.

Yujin is not sure of her feelings yet but what she is sure is she's happy whenever she's with Wonyoung.

Still not letting go of each others hand, they choose to stay like that and just enjoy the scenery.

----------

Another week and a half passed.

After that picnic, Yujin slowly realizes what she really felt towards Wonyoung but she's still not sure. She also noticed what the other girl is showing towards he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter