DANGER

Hyukjae's View

.

.

.

 

“I’m sorry I can’t accompany your dinner tonight, Hyukkie. I have to stay in hospital until late night.”

I just smiled hearing the sentences coming out from my boyfriend. Well, it’s not really a big deal for me and not a problem for sure. I am not the man that always leans to my boyfriend just for a dinner or easily sulk because he can’t fulfill my wish. He is a doctor, one of the most dedicated and smartest in his field. No wonder that many patients and even nurses are adoring him and I don’t think so I have to force him just to having dinner with me.

“It’s okay, Ryeowook-ah. Don’t skip your dinner.” I can hear he hummed lightly with a backsound of girls –I expect they are the nurses– reporting the patient’s condition so I decided to end the phone faster. “See you tomorrow.”

“Okay Hyukjae. See you. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

I see the sky from my office room. It is still 2 PM and to tell the truth, I have many works. I have to check the transaction our company made for these three months, having a meeting at 4 PM with managers from other division, checking and controlling our company’s cash flow, and etc. Everything has to manage well. I have to know whether there is error or not before I give my report to our chief executive officer. In short, I have a big responsibility related with company’s cash and finance.  

Yap, I am a financial manager who has worked for three years in one of the most popular and significant company who holds an important position in our country economy. The company which many people wished they can be one of the staff here and I would say yeah, this company is doing great so far.  

I was about to take my pen and starting to review the report on my table when my phone rang. A sign of a message has been sent to my Kakaotalk.

Hyukjae babe, I am sorry I can’t. I have to shoot my new commercial advertisement tonight and maybe I shall finish at dawn.

Shrugging my shoulders, I just replied shortly, It’s okay Heechullie. Fighting, don’t skip your meal and take enough rest.

Ryeowook and Heechul. Yeah, they are my boyfriends.

No, of course both of them don’t know what I have done behind them. These two don’t even know each other. Ryeowook is a doctor while Heechul is an actor who has starred in many dramas and movies. Their behaviours are opposite too.

Ryeowook is very warm, humble, cheerful, but is a bit introvert meanwhile Heechul is more cheerful, easy-going, and extrovert. Heechul is more clingy, he loves to hug and doing other skinship while Ryeowook is too shy to even ask for a hug. At least, that’s what I had seen for these months with them.

Another fact is, Heechul is older than me but Ryeowook is younger than me.

Well, if you ask me who I love or like more between them, I can’t say. Both of them are equally kind and unique. They can make me laugh, happy, and eventhough Heechul is older than me, we can get along pretty well.

And yeah, I have my own definition and mottos in my love-life or reasons why I do this.

There are many mottos in my life and depends on its situation to apply each motto.

Right now, in my love-life, I have two main mottos. First, don’t put your eggs in one basket. Meanwhile the second is collection, selection, and reception.

Funny? Perhaps. Weird? I don’t think so.

“Then, you are a ing player.”

I put my fork and shake my index finger to Cho Kyuhyun –my best friend. If I have to rank people who knows my secrets the most then he is. We met during our high school days and he is very witty yet so genius in which he is a bit arrogant to what many people thought.

“Oh man, I am hell not. I shall show you what a ing player means.” Just that, the right timing came. My beautiful and oh-not-so-y secretary comes with her super tight shirt which accentuated her s which are not that big and her long nails that looked like it is ready to scratch everytime.

“Mister Lee, this is Shin’s company profile that you were looking for just now.”

She flashes a smile to me but quickly lowers her head to cover his blushing cheeks when I purposely touching her hand.

“Thanks, Min Ki-ssi. I shall call you later if I needed more things.”

And when the door closed, Kyuhyun snorts loudly.

“That’s so gross. She was blushing because she likes you, the whole staffs in this company knew it.”

“Whatever in your mind, Cho.”

 

.

.

.

 

What’s in your mind when I said don’t put your eggs in one basket? I, having more than one lover? GREAT, because that’s true. I have Ryeowook and Heechul as my boyfriends and I can act well until now because they haven’t discovered although we are together for almost eight months.

Oh ladies and gentlemen, hold your wine before you pour it on me. Why? Because I am Lee Hyukjae, I don’t like taking a risk and I tried to minimalize every single freaking risk.

Please note this, I have my own reason why I have more than one lover.

And  in my dictionary, love is not blind because I run collection, selection, and reception motto which is means I have to open my eyes widely and super selective.

Collection means it is okay for you to have many exes during your love-life as long as you are not getting married yet. Brokenheart is something that can be fixed if they wanted it to be fixed and yeah, it is absolutely okay to have brokenheart for a while! In my case, I have more than one boyfriends and see, I discovered how their behaviours are so different from each other and how I manage to adapt so I can be together with them. Though, I haven’t decided who I have to keep as my long-term boyfriend and be sure to lead our relationship in marriage life.

Selection means while you are having many experiences and maybe more than a lover, you have to open your mind and be smarter! Do not let people around you to brain-wash your mind or suggest you something you do not like.

And last, reception. If you think about reception as a party or wedding reception, then you’re correct! So after you are sure with your choice and know that he/she is the one, the next step is reception. Knot the tie and welcoming the new chapter of life with two of you inside as husbands, wives, or husband and wife.

Love is not blind but sometimes we –human– is just being whipped and fool to close an eye and let things happened as if it should be happened when the truth is we can prevent and even control it to happen.

At least, that is my opinion. Another reminder is, my first time to have boyfriend or girlfriend was when I was at my high school and until now no one really can make me fall for them like a madman.

No one. Or maybe not yet.

Because with Ryeowook or Heechul, I just treated them like my brothers. Of course, we did hangout and having dates such as shopping together, having a picnic, or simply jogging together. Yet it doesn’t make me fall crazily with one of them but I continue this relationship, thinking maybe I just needed more time to know them better until I reached the conclusion whether to keep the relationship with only one of them (who makes me fall in love) or end my relationship with them.

I was still correcting the report when a knock comes and my secretary came in.

“Hyukjae-ssi, all the managers are waiting for you in the meeting room.”

And here we go, my busy and packed schedules. I shifted my tie to make it looks better and confidently walked to the meeting room.

 

.

.

.

 

8 P.M.

Too late for dinner? Maybe for many people it is a yes but for me, this is not a new thing.

The sky is really dark when I just finished my work and going to the basement. I loosened my tie, throwing it to the backseat, and starts the engine. Now I am craving for fast food and burger is definitely on my top list at this moment.

Oh, if only Ryeowook is with me, he might be wouldn’t let me drive and taking me to his apartment or a proper restaurant instead.

Ryeowook loves cooking and he treasures vitamins so much, a good doctor indeed. He can cook many healthy food and after that he will talk about how to take care of my body and what vitamins I should eat.

It is not annoying, really. I like to hear him talk about health because his eyes will shining cutely and he –unconciously– would clap his hand when I know what the vitamins for. Beside a professional doctor, I can call him as a dedicated chef too because he can cook really well.

So tonight, I decided to eat McDonald’s chicken, rice, cola, french fries, and burger. McDonald is very crowded tonight and I might lose the table if I am not fast. Luckily I can get table for two with a great spot, beside the window and close to the air conditioner. Perfect view and you won’t sweat.

I was still chewing my french fries when a view caught my attention. There is a man with a tray in his hands. From his frown and eyes, I know he is looking for a table. It is kinda cute when he looks at everywhere and his hair following his head’s move, like a lost puppy.

His eyes blinking cutely, puffing his cheeks when people accidentally bumped their shoulder to his, then…

Our eyes met a few seconds later. 80% cheesy movies or dramas would describe when you are in love, your heart will thumping so hard as if you are having heart-attack. You would feel nervous but can’t take your eyes off of he or she. It’s like the best thing you ever saw and you just don’t want to lose the chance to admire them as long as you can.

Thus, I found myself being immersed. From my chair, I can finally see his full face when he turned to my side and… it is pretty and handsome.

The guy smiles at me as he approaching me with his bright face. His oversize blue sweater just making him looked even cuter. I never be prepared when he stands in front of me, still smiling, and with his unexpectedly sweet voice, he asked me,

“Hi there. Is this chair empty?”

For a moment, I feel like a complete fool because I just staring at him as if we are in staring competition but well, he is really breathtaking. It was a pure lucky my jaw didn’t drop widely with a drool in the corner of my lips or God sake, he would run from me.

I clear my throat and return his smile with the most captivating smile I have. “Yeah. You can have a sit.”

“Thank you.”

He sits across me and starts to unwrap his burger. He looks so shy when he caught I still looking at him but rather than shift my head, I just let it be. Because he really looks cute and I can’t help myself but said, “Is that the new menu they said? It looks nice.”

Was that what I really want to talk about? NAH! It was supposed to be better but I can sense I have to slow down myself.

He nods. Before he takes a bite he mutters, “I am going to give you live review of my first impression of this burger like a professional youtuber.” He chuckles when I widened my eyes and quickly adds, “I was kiddding. I am not a youtuber or famous influencer. Hahaha, I am sorry if you were shocked for a while.”

I just smiled and let him to take his first bite. His stuffed cheeks are adorable, literally the cutest human I ever seen.

“To be honest, this is not as tasty as the beef burger.” He said and continuing to eat his burger.

And there, I can’t help myself again and lets my mouth to take over. “I am Lee Hyukjae. And you?”

I swear to God, I am really looking like a fool. Or worse, a predator? Damn, I hope he won’t think like that eventhough our clothes are completely opposite. He looks like a high school teenager or college guy while here I am, with my black suit, looked like someone who is at 34th though it is a truth. 

“I am Lee Donghae.” He smiles while wiping the corner of his lip which tainted with cheese. “You must be driven here after you finished your work.” He chuckles a bit which sound like a beautiful melody for me and I keep repeating in my head to not look like a fool.

“Right. I just finished my work and went here immediately.”

“Same like me.” He chews his burger, swallow it, and continues, “And you must be so hungry.” He refers to my plates and just that, I regret to order that much because Donghae just have his burger and cola. I don’t want he left me. I want him to stay with me longer and I know how disgusting or cheesy it sounds but I really want to know him more.

But of course, I don’t need to say it out loud.

“Work is hectic today. I skipped my lunch.”

He nods. “I can understand it. Sometimes I do that too.”

Bite. Chew. Swallow.

Bite. Chew. Swallow.

Bite. Chew. Swallow.

What should I bring to talk again? Why am I so slow and nervous with this guy? We just met and talked but why I am effected this much?

Bite. Chew. Swallow.

And he finished his burger while here I am, still eating my rice and chicken and has cola, burger, french fries line-up after this.

Oh… …

Before he can open his mouth, I quickly barge in, “I’ll drive you home. Wait for a moment, I’ll finish this real fast.” Ignoring how he gasped, I quickly eat my food. At least, I should have his number and have more talk with him. Donghae doesn’t say anything, he just plop his chin and staring around us.

And I did finish my food within twenty minutes. Emptying my cup of cola, we stood and walk together to reach my car. I am happy since he doesn’t refuse my intention to drive him home and he looks comfortable around me.

“Can you tell me the direction to your house?” I asked while fastened my safety belt. 

“Sure.”

This is the first time I interested with someone this much and this fast. I don’t know whether this is only temporarily feeling or it will last long but the ease I felt beside Donghae is something new. Strange yet I don’t want to let it go.

 

.

.

.

 

That night, I succeed to get his phone number. No, of course I didn’t snatch his phone or force him to do so. I asked him in a proper way a gentleman should does and he calmly gave his number to me since I said maybe we can hangout together next time. He smiled upon my sentence and we exchanged our numbers.

Little by little, we get closer because I actively chatted him. We never stuck in one topic because apparently, Donghae is very good to find interesting topic to bring up so we never run out of thing to talk about.

Rather than bored or tired, I will say I love this.

We get to know each other more. Donghae was born in the same year like me but he is six months younger than me. He likes to watch movie and reading. Surprisingly, he is not an office worker like I do. Donghae is a writer –novel writer and also songwriter.

Awesome? A hundred percent yes when I figured out the songs and novels written by him. He is really good in arranging those sentences. It doesn’t hard to read yet he simply make it beautiful. It is meaningful too and I am ready to give him the compliments he deserves after I finish another novel of his.  

“So, your new hobby is reading novel?” Shindong –my colleague– comes to my room during our lunch time with a big tray in his hands. The tray that contained our food.

Shindong is one of my best friend in my workplace after Kyuhyun. Usually three of us would eat together but since Kyuhyun is busy right now so I spend my lunch time with Shindong. Anyway, he is a manager of marketing, very great in technology, and we get along pretty well because we have a lot similarity.

I let him to put the fried chicken beside me while I put the novel in my drawer. Shindong is still setting the table when I answered, “Not really. Just because I am curious.”

He looked at me with an eyebrow raised and smirk tugging on his lips.

“Come on, Hyukjae. Kyuhyun and I know you more than everyone in this place. You only read Lee Donghae’s novel for the whole week and you think I never notice it?”

I was going to retort but well, Shindong has stated the truth. He is partially true since I really enjoying Donghae’s novel but knowing me more is not. When I said Kyuhyun knows me more, it is including the secret I hold, I have two boyfriends. I didn’t let Shindong to know this because… I don’t think so he needs to know about it now. In the end, Shindong is not really interested in love so I decided to not bother him about my love-life.

I shrug my shoulders and decided to eat my food. He starts to talk about the land he is going to buy while asking my opinion about build a house so he can rent it to others. I shake my head. If there is different between us then it is mind. Shindong’s mind is full with ideas for business. Not that I dislike it but I like investing more than build my own business.

The vibrates from my phone makes me fished it out from my pocket. A message from Heechul.

Babe, I have free time tonight. What about going to a date in Han River? Or do you have any idea?

And I replied,

Hi. Good idea. I’ll be in your apartment at 6 P.M.

I sigh when there is no reply from Donghae. Maybe he is busy and I hope when I check my phone again later, I get to see his reply. I put my phone back in my pocket. We just continued our day with talking about our work which is needed to be solved by us.

When finally the clock hits half past five, I quickly arrange my things and clean up my table. Working hour supposed to end at five but since I got a lot of tasks, I add the time by myself. The sun sets prettily but I can’t admire it too long because Heechul has waiting for me.

Oh, do you feel weird due to the way I call Heechul without ‘hyung’ although he is older than me? Well, that is what Heechul wants. We had talked about this and he objected when I suggest to call him hyung. He didn’t like it thus I follow what he wanted.

When I arrived at his apartment and entered the code I have known, Heechul is standing in his living room, drinking a glass of water and smiles to me when he saw I am inside. He combs his hair slightly and take his phone, hat and mask. And I know it means he is ready to go.

Dating an artist –especially one of the most popular– means I have to extra careful. Haters, fanatic fans, or journalist should be hidden anywhere and it is not impossible for them to create a news based on what they saw and what they has captured. Things can be manipulated nowadays.

If Heechul puts on his hat and mask, I will put on mine too just to prevent. We walked side by side and gradually approaching my car. A sigh of relieve is what Heechul makes when finally I drive out from his apartment building.

“Chinese food?” He suggests and even without turning my head, I know he is looking at me with his shining eyes and full of hope. The excitement in his voice is too obvious to be missed.  

“Great!”

And I turn the steering wheel to the most well-known Chinese food restaurant.

 

 

Dating with Heechul makes me learn a few things such as protecting ourselves from ‘danger’. Heechul is my first celebrity boyfriend. We met at my friend birthday party, Choi Siwon –who is also an actor– and he happily introduced Heechul to me.

As far as it is good, it is also has minus. Dating with Heechul also makes me realise we can’t go to anywhere to date. We have to avoid crowded places or just like now, finding a restaurant that provide private room if it is too crowded and we still wanna eat there.

When the waitress left us, Heechul taking-off his mask to sip his tea. I never complain with his work or popularity since it is his job. However, I occasionally pity on how his life must be stressful because of the pressure of being perfect and has to protect his reputation.

There are too many pair of eyes who is ready to judge him if he doesn’t do what public expected. There are fingers ready to type hate comments when numerous rumours spreading about him whether it is good or not. Sigh, being a celebrity is not easy.

Including the dating life.

Just like us, since Heechul is so well-known and he has a lot of fans then we decided to keep this relationship as a secret, his manager doesn’t even know about this. We can’t be careless. We can’t kissing in public places if we don’t want to star the headline news in next morning. That also explains why Heechul and I sometimes just date in his apartment.

“I have to wake up earlier tomorrow because I have to go to Kyoto. Had I told you?”

“Yes. You had told me about that. It is for the new program you recently joined in, right?”

Heechul pours the chili on his soup. Without looking at me, he replied, “Right.” Then he gives me the beef. “I will call you when I have reached the hotel tomorrow.”

And I don’t feel any strange to hear this. After around eight months of dating Kim Heechul, knowing how packed his schedules, I don’t feel surprise. He rarely get day-off but I guess that is also a part of his popularity.

“Hey, didn’t you say you have to wake up earlier tomorrow? Then you can’t drink alcohol.”

Heechul waves his hand, pouring the wine to my glass, and pour it to his glass. He drinks it in charismatic way that is identic with his nickname. Yeah, Kim Heechul is indeed a charismatic.

But who knows he will be so weird and giving me headache when he got drunk? Not even me.

It was two hours later when we finally finish eating. Wait, I was the one who ate more while my celebrity boyfriend was drinking more and ended up blabbering nonsense. The only way I can think of is just carry him. Fortunately, he didn’t move when I put his mask and hat. Still, I have to protect him from crazy people out there.

But when it is just two of us in my car…

I exhale when Heechul begins to touch my arm and move to my chest. Oh my, I never know he will be this touchy when he is drunk. He chuckles out loud when I put his hand away.

“Lee Hyukjae~ my handsome boyfriend~” I let him to sing as I turn my car to another empty block. He touches my cheek and shakes his head.

All the way to his apartment, Heechul didn’t stop to touch my arm and leans his head to my shoulder which kind of giving me a hard time to move the steering wheel. When we arrived, I quickly carried him back to his apartment, pressing the right code after three times error –due of my forgetness and my boyfriend keep moving in my back– and put him in his room.

I help him to take-off his clothes and change it to the pyjama I took out from his wardrobe. Then I go to the bathroom to take a wet towel, at least clean his face should be okay. Heechul singing a random song and chuckling every now and then but I didn’t say anything.

“I will make you a soup. Do you want me to bring you a glass of water… or hot tea?”

Heechul trying to sit although it is obvious he is still drunk. He stares at me with half-eyes opened, chuckling again while raising his hand to point me using his index finger. I fished out my phone a bit, just to see someone has sent me a message. It is Donghae and I can’t hold but reading it.

I had dinner at my parents’ house. My mom cooked a lot of tomyam.

[send the tomyam picture]

Do you like it? It is spicy but I like it.

“Hyukjae?” I was in the midst of typing the reply due of my excitement to chat with Donghae. The call from Heechul unconciously makes me sigh but the next thing he said success to send me stun for a good three minutes.

“You are smiling there while looking at your phone. Do you have another boyfriend behind my back?”  

Wow.

I never know summer can make me froze like a fool. We just staring at each other, I hold my phone tightly and Heechul tilts his head curiously.

“Hee—“

“Hmmm… do you know I can smell lies? You are too obvious…”

 

 

Hi!!! I finally post the first chapter hahaha. Hope you guys enjoy it^-^ And I will do double update but not for the same fic. I am going to update 1 other fic today hahaha, sorry for the long wait againT_T Thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing❤️❤️❤️ English is not my first language so I am sorry if there will be many grammar mistakes. Last but not least, stay safe and have a great day!❤️❤️❤️