The Talk

Baby Steps towards Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She heard their cocker spaniel, Rufus, yip before the lock even turned. 

Suzy was washing the tomatoes she was going to use to make jeyuk bokkeum for dinner that night. She doesn't usually make elaborate dishes for dinner, already being quite drained after a whole day in the office, but tonight was an exception. She needed something for her mind to focus on instead of the many, many possibilities this "talk" may result in. 

She heard Seung Gi do his routine after passing the entrance; take off his shoes, place them neatly in the cupboard, slip on house slippers, pat an excited Rufus whose paws are raised mid-air, place his briefcase on the counter and then sink on the sofa, all the while scrolling his Blackberry to catch up on skipped emails. Suzy will usually be done with their simple dinner by then, calling out to him to join her on the dining table. This time she obviously hadn't finished preparing the meal and Seung Gi didn't even manage to complete his routine. After slippping on house slippers, he walked straight to his study, ignoring a whining Rufus, and locked the door behind him. Suzy could only look at the closed door wearily. How was she to broach the subject with him if he won't even acknowledge her? She was right there in plain sight and he didn't even look at her direction! 

Is that how it's gonna be? Suzy's irritation overrid her earlier apprehension and she started chopping up the tomatoes with gusto.

I can't believe he's ig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter