final.

“Im a women i sleep alone”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

— I’m a woman! I sleep alone! — Yaebin said when the third lightning crossed the night sky and made their shared bedroom bright as if it was day. She was afraid, yes, but she wouldn’t express that (it was written on her face). Minkyeung otherwise knew the younger was about to cry in fear because thunderstorms were the worst for her. The leader girl didn’t say a word. She just pulled the Kang to her arms and held her tightly.

 

— Come on, lay down with me until it calms down a little outside. — She said in a soft voice, caressing the younger’s back. The other didn’t reply: that was exactly what she needed. Slowly the leader got close to her bed and laid down, Yaebin with her.

 

— I’m sorry. I said I wasn’t going to sleep with you but I keep being here all the time. — the Kang murmured, a whiny tone almost audible in her voice. Minkyeung chuckled and hugged her tighter. Yaebin loved that so much because the older’s embrace was warm and safe.

 

— I don’t know why you keep saying this... I never complained about you sleeping with me. — the taller replied with a glimpse of smile in her face. Yaebin could be such a brat sometimes and usually Minkyung couldn’t keep up with the reasons. She was sure of one thing: a lot only happened in the shorter’s head and she would die to know what was all of that.

 

— It’s... — she started when another thunder crashed the place and Yaebin cried out. — I hate thunderstorms!

 

— Ok, it’s ok. Let’s try to sleep. Do you want me to sing for you? — Minkyung asked with her voice as soft as it could be. As if she was really taking care of a baby. Yaebin moved her head in agreement and the leader started to murmur a random melody, but just that was enough to calm the younger’s nerves and let her eyelids fall. It had been a tough day, after all. She was tired, sleepy and Minky’s voice was always the right medicine to make her feel better.

 

[...]

 

Minkyeung woke up early in the morning. She had vocal practice but instead of moving and getting up, she just stayed there staring at the younger’s soft sleeping face. She wish she could kiss her right there and then and she was really wondering if she should, because in the meantime of night movements, they faced each other and Yaebin’s face was really close to hers. Just a peck wouldn’t hurt, right?

 

That was the thing: they were always really close. Best friends since almost the beginning and the age difference didn’t really matter because they got along really well. Whenever Minkyeung needed someone, Yaebin would be there. Whenever she felt Yaebin down (and she could sense it even if the younger didn’t say a word) she would do everything to make her feel better. Since trainees. But things started to get weird when Pristin was falling apart. More than never, they were inseparable.  But the looks exchanged felt heavier? Every touch, every hug, every moment spent together meant more than it should and they both knew that. But for the sake of friendship, no one ever said a word.

 

“— You seem off. — Gyeongwon said one day when they were shopping. She had that suspicious look in her face.

 

— It’s nothing. Just thinking about the group. — Minkyeung replied. It was half of a lie. That day in special she couldn’t stop thinking about Yaebin. And she needed to vent to someone or she would go crazy, but if she said it out loud she knew her feelings would turn true (as if they weren’t already, right).

 

— Spill it out, Shingeki. — the Kang said, hitting her friend with her own shoulder.

 

— You really going to call me a different titan name every time? — Minkyeung asked, trying to light up the mood and change the subject.

 

— Exactly. Now say it.

 

The leader knew she wouldn’t have any choice. Taking a deep breath, she tried to find the right words.

 

— Do you ever felt like falling in love with someone you can’t? Because it’s not possible, there’s too much between you and them and you feel like it’s more like an illusion than anything else?

 

—  I have to say... I was expecting something, but not that deep. Maybe about you having your gut stuck, I don’t know. — Gyeongwon commented and that made her win a slap in her arm. She left out an “ouch” but laughed. Trying to calm down, she stopped in her tracks and looked at her friend. — For real now, I get what you mean, I think. And does the person feel the same?

 

The 1 million won question, yeah.

 

— I don’t know. Sometimes I think yes, sometimes I think they just see us as friends. It’s hard. I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter