One

M&Ms

NOVEMBER 13, 2018
3:35 PM
UNIVERSITY LIBRARY

"I give up Tae, there is no hope" 
"You are being dramatic hyung" 
"I am not being dramatic! I've been trying for months and still what happened? Come on tell me" 
"... Nothing" 
"Exactly! Months Tae, months! I never thought your brother can be this cruel" 
"He is not cruel hyung, you and I both know that. Oblivious, yes. A little slow, definitely. But cruel, never."
"You sure love to slander your brother when he isn't around, don't you?" 
"It's only because I know you won't be telling on me my dear favorite future brother-in-law" 
"Don't say that" 
"Why? Are you feeling shy? Is just hearing the possibility of being my future brother making you all giddy inside? Are the butterflies in your stomach having a riot now huh hyung?" 
"Shut up that not true"
"You're blushing so hard right now hyung" 
"Stop it. You're jinxing it"
"On the contrary hyung, I may just have the perfect solution to your problem" 
"Stop wiggling your eyebrows, you're making me nervous"

 

 

 


NOVEMBER 13, 2018
5:45 PM
UNIVERSITY CAFETERIA

"What do I do Kibum-ah?" 
"Why are you asking me that? Come up with it by yourself Mr. Romantic. Taemin already gave you the perfect idea, asking us for the specifics is too much don't you think?" 
"You think I like asking from help? You have zero romantic bones in your body! I have ran out of ideas, okay? I mean I have been trying for almost a year now, I have exhausted all ideas in this romantic body" 
"Romantic body? That sounds so wrong… and gross"
"Please help me just this once? Hmn? Bummie please? Hmn?" 
"Only if you stop pouting, you're disgusting" 

 

 

 

 


NOVEMBER 15, 2018
3:27 PM
UNIVERSITY CIRCLE


"Hyung I'm bored" 
"I told you, you should have went to eat with Kibum and Minho" 
"Say hyung, wanna play a game?" 
"A game? What kind of game" 
"A game of chance" 
"Oh I love that game what are we playi--- what's this?" 
"M&Ms"
"Yes I know what they are. These are my favorite. But why did you give me these? I thought you wanted to play" 
"This is the game hyung"
"Explain" 
"One pack has a lot of candies right?" 
"Yes" 
"And it has different colors right?"
"Yes" 
"So… let's see what color has the most in this pack. What do you say?" 
"Ohh!!! That sounds fun! Can we eat the candies while counting? I'm kinda hungry." 
"Sure thing hyung! What color are you choosing?"
"Yellow!" 
"I choose red, but say hyung, let's make it more fun"
"How?" 
"Lets bet on it! A little more thrill won't hurt right?"
"That's right! What do you have in mind?" 
"Let's choose our own prize. What do you want hyung?You can make it as hard as you want, since we both have the same probability of winning" 
"But what if none of our choices have the most candies?" 
"Then we both get nothing… Just candies. So what do you want?" 
"Hmn… you know that new music shop 2 blocks from uni? I saw a harmonica the last time I visit. I've always wanted to learn how to play it." 
"A brand new harmonica from the music store then" 
"How about you?" 
"Saturday" 
"What?"
"I want your whole Saturday."
"Why?" 
"Do I really have to spell it out hyung? I'm asking for a date if these pack of M&Ms has the most red candies"
"Jjong, not this again please" 
"Come on hyung listen to me. I know you have been rejecting me all this time and yes it hurts and it gets tiring"
"You know it's not because I don't like you---" 
"I know hyung, you're scared of change and the uncertainty of the future. So how about this, we let the uncertainty decide for us. Let the universe decide if I am worthy of that date I've been asking since the first time you smiled at me"
"Jjong---" 
"Listen hyung, this will be the last time, I promise. Also, think about it, you can keep your hands of the result… if we do this there is no room for blame. I'm not gonna hold it against you whatever happens today and whatever happens after. You're too afraid of taking responsibility for our future, let these candies decide for us… what do you say?"
"I---" 
"Times up, I've already opened it, lets start! One point for yellow" 
"Wait Jjong---" 
"One point for red" 
"Jjong---" 
"Oh another yellow, two points" 

 

 

 

 


NOVEMBER 16, 2018
12:45 PM
UNIVERSITY CAFETERIA

"Hyung wanna watch a movie this saturday?" 
"Uhm… sorry Minho-ya I… I have plans"
"What is it?" 
"We have a satur-date!" 
"Jonghyun-hyung? You and Jinki-hyung have a date?"
"Yep, you heard me right!" 
"Finally!" 
"Wow congrats Jonghyun-hyung, about time. How did you finally managed to finally convince Jinki-hyung?" 
"M&Ms"
"M&Ms?!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 


NOVEMBER 13, 2018
3:43 PM
UNIVERSITY LIBRARY

"Stop wiggling your eyebrows, you're making me nervous"
"You don't need to be nervous hyung, you know I got you! Besides, we both know my brother likes you too, stop blushing!, As I was saying, he likes you too it's so painfully obvious. In fact he likes you too much he doesn't want to risk even the idea of losing you"
"Well, I don't know how long I can hold onto him if he keeps on rejecting me"
"And the answer is simple! Present him with something he can't reject" 
"I have tried every wooing strategy I know and it was all worthless!" 
"Are you done whining?" 
"Sorry" 
"As I was saying, again, there is one thing my dear Jinki-hyung can't resist and that is the concept of a vague future" 
"Is that the very reason why he is rejecting me?" 
"Yes" 
"You're confusing me here Taemin cut the chase" 
"You are very impatient I am trying to paint it beautifully for you" 
"..." 
"Fine! What I mean is, bet for that date. As much as the future scares him, he is utterly obsessed with it. My brother can never say no to a game of chance. The fact that there is no upper hand in such games gives him thrill. He thinks it's the most fair kind of game there is since you don't need any skill or knowledge… just pure luck. He believes that the result of a game of chance is definite and unbiased, he would never question it"
"So are you saying that the only way I can make him date me is I win a bet against him?" 
"Were you listening to me hyung?" 
"Yes! But Tae, that is no bullet proof plan! You are talking about something that is completely out of control, how can I entrust our relationship in something like that" 
"You said it yourself hyung, it's completely out of your control. Think romantic hyung. It does have a chance of failing, sure. But if you win, its like telling Jinki hyung that the universe have already made their decision… You guys are fated. And my brother does not question fate."

 

 

 


NOVEMBER 13, 2018
6:00 PM
UNIVERSITY CAFETERIA

"Taemin is a genius I can give you that" 
"I know Kibum, I think I have a chance with this. It may still end up as a big no courtesy of fate but I will not let this chance pass by… So what do I do?" 
"Taemin already gave you the idea hyung, you just need the details" 
"That's the problem, I can't think of a bet that is enticing enough for him. Its gotta be something completely random" 
"Well, what else is enticing for hyung?" 
"Math?" 
"Good luck with that hyung then, I'm leaving" 
"No! No stop I'm sorry… Uhm, food? Hyung never says no to food, especially sweets" 
"There it is! Now off you go Hyung. Go get your man so we can all finally end this unnecessary chase"