#WIZONELOVEIZONE

okay.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lee Chaeyeon POV - 11/07/19

In trying times like this, the girls realize that family is all they have. Thankfully, with 12 girls, the support and love is plentiful. On top of that, IZ*ONE also has their fans who supports them through thick and thin. This is the only family Lee Chaeyeon could ever ask for, aside from her own biological family.

 

After the news broke out, and things were starting to escalate, their company held an emergency meeting.

 

Chaeyeon’s heart dropped at the sight of IZ*ONE members and especially the maknae line looking worried and tensed as they huddled in their seats together while listening to the adults and higher ups discuss what would become of their comeback. The unnie line were thankfully looking calm whilst trying to keep a strong front for the maknaes. Chaewon had to stick to Minju’s side with tissues on hand for her random burst of tears. Nako was sat on Sakura’s lap, while Hitomi sat next to them with her head on the second eldest’s shoulder. Hyewon and Yena, God bless them, were consoling Yujin and Yuri with hugs and kisses. Chaeyeon had their maknae Wonyoung clinging onto her waist. And even if Wonyoung’s height made it hard to tuck her head to Chaeyeon’s neck while at the same time listening to their CEO, she manages to twist her body enough in her seat to do so. And last but definitely not least, the person Chaeyeon pities most was Eunbi unnie.

 

Their leader sat closest to the CEO, managers, and the company staff. Eunbi’s eyes look tired and heavy. Even as Eunbi tries to shoot a smile to the members to reassure them, everyone could tell she was breaking inside just like the rest of them.

 

The CEO cleared his throat. “What do you think?”

 

None of the members dared to speak, so they all looked to Eunbi. They all needed Eunbi’s guidance at this moment. Chaeyeon’s stomach drops at the thought of the burden their leader must bear but follows suit. 

 

Eunbi’s pout juts out while she thinks. And it would have been cute if it weren’t for this occasion. She speaks seriously in a way that is characteristic of the leader, sounding like the complete opposite of how the fans would see Eunbi talk in ENOZI cams and V Lives. “Would it be in our best interests to postpone the comeback?”

 

“It will give the media time to turn their attention to other things. We can let this news die down–at least until they stop putting IZ*ONE in the center of this scandal,” answers one of their staff. “For now, keeping IZ*ONE out of the limelight will keep you safe from any harmful comments. It’s why we cancelled the media showcase.”

 

One by one, the members made peace with the decision to postpone the comeback. With a heavy heart, they returned to their dorms after the company released an official statement.

 

---

 

No one spoke in the car ride home. Everyone was either on SNS or silently listening to their own music. Chaeyeon herself was listening to a playlist she made a long time ago, the one that she listened to whenever she felt like giving up. She tells herself to keep going and that this will pass. It was hard to believe that in this moment, but the messages flowing in from her family and friends made it slightly more bearable.

 

Once they got to the apartment complex, Eunbi was the one to break the silence. “Remember what manager-oppa said, don’t post anything on SNS and don’t leave the dorm without asking for permission, okay?”

 

The members answered their leader with a few silent nods and affirmative hums.

 

Just before they were about to exit the van, a hand shot up. “Eunbi unnie,” calls out Yuri. “Can we all stay in one dorm for tonight?”

 

The leader thinks it over for a second before nodding. “Of course. Kkura’s dorm should go wash up first though. We’ll wait for you to come over for dinner.”

 

---

 

Two hours later, the 12 members sat together in the living room eating the kimchi fried rice and fried chicken that Eunbi and Chaeyeon cooked for them. It was concerning though, that today was probably the only time since they became a group where all members are present, yet the room was engulfed in silence. Even the pranksters Choi Yena and Ahn Yujin couldn’t make jokes to cheer the other members up.

 

The silence likely had a lot to do with the members being on their phones. At this point, Chaeyeon knew that everyone felt the same way. That the future seems bleak a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter