You know what my sweater is made out of? Girlfriend material.

Sweater Weather
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were convinced that you didn't have a soulmate. For years, you've worn sweaters almost every day since you turned 18 but no name comes up on any part of your sweater. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

 

It's fine, you tell yourself. Maybe they're just always because, really, how can a person go through their everyday life and not wear a sweater at least once?

 

Even your neighbor, young Kim Yerim already has Saeronglowing brightly on the collar of her shirt and your best friend, Seulgi, wears the name Sooyoungproudly on her ribs.

 

God, what if the person hasn't turned 18? Maybe that's why the name hasn't appeared yet. Damn it, you can already see yourself landing in jail. (Obviously overreacting since you're barely 25 but really, good lord.)

 

A knock interrupts your reverie. You turn away from the window to find Son Seungwan, the office girl crush looking absolutely devastating in her black tank top and plain white shirt, standing by your desk.

 

"Knock, knock," she says, smiling brightly.

 

"You literally knocked," you point out, smiling back. "You don't have to say it."

 

She rubs a hand at the back of her neck and chuckles shyly.

 

(God, she's so cute,you thought to yourself, not even two minutes after you whine about wanting a soulmate. It's fine. Clearly your own soulmate, if you even have one, was too busy getting with someone to even wear a sweater so, really, no one can blame you for looking at Wendy the Eye Candy, as Sooyoung dubbed her when you told her about your little crush.)

 

She waves a hand to your face. "Unnie, you okay?"

 

Oops, you didn't mean to zone out again. "Sorry, what did you say?"

 

"I said the client sent another revision on the new project."

 

"What? Again?" you mutter angrily, her cuteness momentarily forgotten as you whip your attention back to your computer monitor where, sure enough, there's an unopened email. "Goddamn it."

 

"Yeah, I know, right?" she agrees easily though you're convinced she doesn't have an angry bone in her tiny body. "Anyway, I just wanted to be the one to tell you. The last time I sent someone else here, you scared them."

 

"Oh, the sleazy guy from marketing? He's scared of me?"

 

She nods. "Very."

 

"As he should be," you quip. You did see him stare at women that way before he saw you glaringand he withered away.

 

She laughs and runs a hand through her hair.So goddamn dreamy. "I'm gonna go downstairs to get some coffee, you want anything? My treat."

 

"Oh, I'll come with," you answer, already standing up and grabbing your purse. "I need to stretch my legs before sending a passive aggressive email to the client."

 

Seungwan laughs again and before leading you to the door. "Nice sweater, by the way. Looks great, youlook great."

 

"Oh, thanks," you reply, already feeling a blush covering your cheeks, your hands a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter