Can I have this dance?

Viscaria

Winter is usually the time where people would tend to just stuck up inside the comfort of their warm homes with the heaters on a specific temprature that would acommodate their prefered taste in humidity. That is what winter is for most people, except for a certain brunette and her jolly child. The mother and daughter tandem; Namely Lee Chaeyeon and Lee Yuri, are proud residents from Cheonggyecheon. They are originally from Jasmil-dong but things about work made them switch places often. The tandem; even with the freezing temperature outside decide to visit Busan. Most people during winters prefers to ski or book at a hotel in Pyeongchang but this two eccentric person chooses to go to Busan, a province known for it's great beaches. 

While Chaeyeon was busy packing their bags and putting it at her trunk, her child hurriedly ran up to her and clung to her waist. The action made Chaeyeon's heart soften ㅡ she carried the young one up as she showered the girl with kisses on the cheeks.


"Mama! I can't wait to see Mommy." The girl exclaimed as she wiggled her way out of her mother's embrace and run up to the car's front passenger seat. 

Chaeyeon could only giggle at her daughter as she pulls down her trunk's cover and jog her way to the driver's seat. She first secured her daughter while the latter would play with her hair. Before she buckles herself up, she spared one last look at her daughter and beamed a warm loving smile. 

"Are you ready?" She asks as she ready herself to step on the gas. The little girl Just nods and excitedly chows down on her candy. Chaeyeon then again smiled and drive off for their winter escapade.

-

The ride to Busan  doesn't really have lots of stops but with Chaeyeon having a child with her, stops are necessary, and this is the tandem's 2nd stop. 

Chaeyeon and Yuri are inside a convinience store eating ramyeon. The two are having fun munching into their food when Yuri caught a glimpse of a couple walking their way to the counter. Yuri's gaze was fixated at the lovers which caught Chaeyeon's attention. The brunette then faked a cough to get her daughter's attention, but to no avail; she smiled and brought her hand up to Yuri's and tapped the little girl's index finger. This act, now; caught Yuri's attention. Chaeyeon then beamed a loving smile towards the girl. 

"Mama. Can I ask you something?" Yuri muses as she started to pick up her chopsticks and dipped it again into her ramyeon. She took a few bites and a gulp of water before she continues. "Can you tell me again how you and Mommy met." 

Chaeyeon giggled at her daughter whose now chowing down on her food. "Sure, Yul. Anything for my princess" She then ruffled her daughter's hair and proceed to talk about how she and the love of her life met.

 

 

-

 

 

-SUMMER 2018-

 

"YAAAAH! SAKURA!" Chaeyeon shouted as she bangs the door of the shared bathroom of their dorm. She continues to bang until a young woman came and glared at her. 

"Lee Chaeyeon! Can you tone it down!" Chaeyeon could only hang her head low as the woman started to lecture her. It was early in the morning and she haven't got her breakfast, yet here she is getting an earful because of a certain Japanese woman who is taking so long to use the bath.

Usually Chaeyeon would be waking up ahead of the Japanese girl because she had learned her lesson for the past 2 years of college. She swore that she will always wake up before Sakura, but looks like destiny is playing games with her because today is their thesis defense and she was so nervous last night she ended up sleeping at 5am. Now Sakura got to savor the victory by using the bath before her bestfriend. 

Chaeyeon at this time is indeed desperate that she even thought of just taking a bath with the latter, but she brushed it off, with her cheeks forming shades of pink. After all she doesn't want to be labeled as a ert at the end of her senior year. 

After getting an earful from their senior dorm head named Park Jihyo, which is also a faculty member of the Dance department. Chaeyeon sighed and texted her friend. She was fiddling on her phone when the bathroom door flung open revealing Sakura with her hair all wet and dripping while the only thing covering her body is  big white towel. 

Chaeyeon's cheeks started to heat up as she abruptly stood and pulled her towel dangling from the top bunk bed. She immediately stormed insode the shower and locked the door.

"What the hell is wrong with that girl!" Chaeyeon could only cover her face with both palms as she crouch down in embarrassment.


-

 

"Thank God you're already here!" A girl with a tall and petite stature muses as she rubs her palm onto each other. The girl is nervous and what adds up to her growing nervousness is that this is her first time facing a huge crowd. Mostly during a defense the only omes inside the room are the panelist and the defendants but it's different with today's deffense. The panelist encourages the some of the faculty members and most sophomores to watch how a real defense works to prepare them for their final evaluation. It may sound unfair for others, namely Chaeyeon's group but they really don't have a choice, because the panelist is also their school's head. What a bummer right?
With all that being said the pressure on Chaeyeon's group is over the edge. She too is starting to feel the uneasiness her members are now experiencing. 

"Unnie, I think I want to throw up." The tall girl stated while her right arm holding her tummy as she places her left hand infront of . Chaeyeon could only comfort the girl with a light hug and a warm smile that screams every thing will be okay. After the two broke their hug a faculty member called out their group. 

"OKAY! LET'S DO THIS!" Chaeyeon shouted in hopes that she could brush off the nervousness and horror building up inside her and her group mates.

 

 

-

 

 

-BACK TO WINTER 2033-

 

"MAMA! I want a chocolate bar!" Little Yuri muses as she run out to the store's candy machine. Chaeyeon could only tail her daughter with a huge smile on her face. She continues to walk slowly as she eyes the little girl whose now sliding a coin into the vending machine.

"Mama, Im so tired of that story of yours about the defense thing and how you and that Sakura became girlfriends then broke up! I want you to skip it and just get to the part about you and Mommy." The little girl whined as she bites on her newly bought chocolate. Chaeyeon could only stiffle a laugh at her precious pouting daughter.  She ruffled the hair of little Lee and lift her up into her arms. 

"So which part do you want to hear?" Chaeyeon then asks as she brushes her nose at the younger which earned giggles from the little girl. 

Yuri then squished her mother's cheeks between her little hands and smiled. "That time you spill something on Mom's clothes. I've always loved that story." Chaeyeon sighed and giggled at her daughter. She then put the little one down and guided her back to the car while she started telling little Lee about how she and her wife exactly met
.

 

 

-

 

 

 

-AUTUM 2019-

 

It was a cold morning, a great day to have a good coffee with some shots of espresso. Chaeyeon is walking down her usual route near the han river. It's her favorite place. There she met her first love, that place has seen her ups and downs. The time she got accepted into her choice University; The time Sakura said yes after their roller coaster of cat and dog relationship. The time Sakura broke her heart, and The time she moved on and stuck her pieces back. It's the place that holds lots of memories for her, and strolling down this place with a not-so-hot coffee in her hand sure is a way to relax her. 

Everything is going smoothly. Her breath everytime she exhales release a gist of white smoke which she enjoyed watching.  She looks up to the clear blue sky as she continues to watch the smoky air coming from her lips. This act caught all her attention making her not mind her surroundings, not until she heard a thud of books and the sound of papers slowly falling down the cold concrete. 

Chaeyeon then was pulled back into reality. She looked down and saw a pair of legs carelessly flopped down the cold floot with coffee splattered all over. It took her a minute or two of looking into her empty cup and at the girl lying down bottom first while rubbing her hips alternately until she realizes what she had done.

Chaeyeon hurriedly crouch down and took out her floral patterned handkechief. She hurriedly damp it on the woman's legs, when suddenly the woman held her hand and stopped her. 

"I can do it." The woman calmly mused with pinkish tint evident on her cheeks. Chaeyeon at first looks at the latter weirdly until she realizes that what she was doing is indeed awkward. She then hurtiedly give the piece og cloth to the woman and bowed at the latter. She's muttering sorry over and over, that the woman continuously said it was okay.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

-BACK TO WINTER 2033: INSIDE CHAEYEON'S SUV-

 

 

"It's really funny how you two are so awkward." 

Chaeyeon just chuckled at her daughter's bluntant statement. It was indeed an awkward yet unforgettable meeting. Imagine meeting the love of your life for the very first time. Everyone would be dreaming under the first fall of snow or even beneath the starry night sky with everything being perfect, but hers is just pure embarrassment. The first time they met, she splashed coffee all over her wife and not only that, she also ruined her presentation for a very important client. During those times she was so embarrassed that she wanted to bury herselfㅡ Luckily her wife is a very nice and understanding person. She can even clearly remembered how her wife gave her a calling card stained with coffee and a big Kang Hyewon, VP for planning and development at xxx corporations. Chaeyeon could clearly remember how shocked she was knowing she might have wind up into trouble, but luckily Hyewon is a nice human being and spared her, now Chaeyeon cannot ever be more greatful about that.

 

 

-

 

 

It has been 3 hours or more on the tandem's little ride. They now have reached Daegu, another 40 minutes after this stop they are at their destination, but before that the tandem took a little detour down town.

With the duo wearing their winter jackets they headed out to the famous Kim Gwangseok-gil Street. It was a street where you can find lots of street paintings and murals and kim gwangseok art pieces. 

Yuri was running around taking pictures while Chaeyeon is keepin a good eye on her daughter both are smiling at every mural they have passed through until Yuri stops at one of the statues she has been fund of. It was Kim Gwangseok holding up his guitar while sitting on a bench. 

Chaeyeon could clearly remember the first time her family took at picture at that very same statue.

 

 


-

 

 


-SUMMER 2027-

 


"Honey, please don't run too fast." Hyewon muses as she catches up to her 5 year old daughter. The raven-haired woman is not very much athletic and would rather stay at home than play outside during her younger days. Now that she had bear a child, somehow she regretted playing consoles all-day in the comfort of her home when she was still young.

 

"Why does our child have to inherit that stamina of yours." Hyewon then stops chasing on Yuri and just eyes the kid who is just a meter away from her. She faces her wife with sweat trickling down her beautiful face. 

Chaeyeon almost held her breath at the sight of her wife's sweat filled face, with frown building up on her brows. 

"Lee? What are you looking at?" Hyewon asks Chaeyeon whose standing like a dork infront of her.

The latter then smirks and suddenly acted as if her breath is being taken away. Hyewon could only look at herㅡamused.


Before Chaeyeon could utter a pick up line for her oh so beautiful wife. Her daughter came up running to her. Clinging onto her leg. The bright little girl who was still 5 back then, beamed both her parents a blinding smile that could melt their hearts.

"What do you need, Princess?" Chaeyeon asks as she carries the little girl into her arms.

Hyewon could only smile at her duo who seems lost into giggling at each other.

"Mommy, You look so sweaty!" yuri exclaimed as she pulled a little hand towel from Chaeyeon's little sling bag that was inbetween her and her Mama. After the girl pulled the towel out she instructed her loving mother; Chaeyeon, to close the gap between them and Hyewon. 


Chaeyeon happily complied at her daughter's wishes and scooted closer to her wife.

Yuri then slowly  wipes the sweat on Hyewon's forehead. People passing by could see how loving and thight knitted the family of three is.

Hyewon could only smile so lovingly at the sight of her wife and daughter focusing on wiping her sweat. It is that greatest gift she has ever received.

 

 


-

 

 


-BACK TO WINTER 2033: AT A PARK IN DAEGU-

 

 

"Mama! Aren't we going now? It's been 2 hours since we got here at Daegu." Yuri muses as she her ice cream which her mother bought for her earlier during their little trip down to memory lane.
Chaeyeon smiled then shakes her head at her cute daughter. "Let's just sit here for awhile. This place seriously takes me back, during those times when you're still inside your Mommy's tummy." Chaeyeon then brushes her nose on Yuri's as she giggles with the younger.

 

 

 

-

 

 


-SUMMER 2021-

 

 

"Babe, settle down. That ice cream stall won't go anywhere." Chaeyeon calmed her pregnant wife from almost running into the ice cream stall. 

Hyewon is 7 months pregnant with their very first child. They already planned the name and even the school they would put their daughter in.

"Honey! I want my ice cream right now!" Hyewon whines as they retreated from the stall. It seems like the little business doesn't have an ice cream that Hyewon wanted and it made the hormonal woman frustrated. Chaeyeon could only giggle at her wife. She never once complaimed about her wife giving her orders during her whole pregnancy.

 

There was once a time when Hyewon was just 3 months pregnant, she asked Chaeyeon for some pineapples at 2 am. Chaeyeon could only groan as she drives her sleep away and get her to the nearest 24 hour convinience store. Unluckily they had no more pineapples in a can and Chaeyeon knows she's doomed if she gets back to their house empty handed luckily she had a brilliant idea of buying a hawaiian pizza. She never once liked that flavor but it has pineapples on it and that was what her wife wanted.


Chaeyeon snickered at the memory and now her wife is going through it again. Wanting some weird ice cream flavor and by weird it means she wanted a peanut butter ice cream with a bit of kimchi in it. 

Chaeyeon ordered Hyewon to sit at the park's bench and wait for her. Luckily enough. Chaeyeon came across an ice cream shop that sells peanut butter ice cream, now she only needs to find a kimchi store.

After a few minutes Chaeyeon came back with what her wife was craving for and as expected Hyewon just took a small portion and instructed Chaeyeon to eat it all. Most would probably say that Chaeyeon would throw up after eating such weird combinations but, she loves her wife so much that she enjoys munching into those weird food as if she too is pregnant.

 

 


-

 

 


-BACK TO WINTER 2033: DAEGU, DOWNTOWN-

 

 

"I want to get some roses for Mommy!" Yuri whines as she scanned the whole flower shop but didn't find any roses at all.

The tandem has just reached the flower shop owned by their family's close friend, Kim Chaewon. 

"Yul~" Chaewon came out of the counter to greet the little girl and Chaeyeon. She has her mint green gardening apron on and a clean pair of gardening gloves. The flower shop owner could only smile at her so called niece and started dancing with the little girl as she carries her in her arms. 

"How have you been, My sweet little angel?" Chaewon asks as she continues to sway with classical music playing through her shop's speakers. Yuri just giggles and gave Chaewon a thumbs up.

"Aunty, do you have roses right now? I want to give Mommy roses but I did not see anything on display." Yuri muses in disappointment as her eyes darted the whole shop in hopes to find some roses.

Chaewon smiled at the young girl in her arms, she put Yuri down and walk bact to the storage area. 

"The roses just got delivered earlier that's why I haven't got the chance to put them up on display." 
Yuri almost jump in glee as she took a rose and waved it to her mother. 

Chaeyeon smiles at the gesture.

"Ssamu, I need a bouquet of viscaria, and Can you make it extra special." Chaeyeon beams a wide smile as she asks her friend for the flowers.

"I see, Okay Chae. Wait here and Im gonna make the greatest bouquet for my most favorite unnies. I can't afford to make Hyewon unnie's expectation drop." Chaewon winks as she started preparing the things needed to make her special bouquet and also the Viscaria her precious unnie asks for.

 

 

 

-

 

 


-SPRING 2020-

 

 

"What are you so nervous about, unnie?" Nako, Chaeyeon's close friend from work asks as she stuffed with cheese balls. 

Chaeyeon could only fiddle beside her workmate. 

It's been months since Chaeyeon and Hyewon started going out and they clearly have a thing for each other, but everytime Chaeyeon would want to ask Hyewon to be her girl the latter would suddenly get unplanned schedules at work or sometimes she's just in a bad mood. Chaeyeon could only sigh thinking it will be the same today.

Nako notices how Chaeyeon sighed so deep as if she's losing hope, so being the cute little ball of fluff she is. She started cheering up Chaeyeon like a mom. She may be younger but she sure has her ways on cheering up the older.


-

Chaeyeon took a detour at the best flower shop in seoul to pick up the viscaria she asks for. The florist beamed a wide smile as she see Chaeyeon enter her shop. The two exchanges their hellos and hurriedly finish the transaction. 

After the flower shop. Chaeyeon hurriedly went to a fancy restaurant. 

 

She reserved seats there.

 

As she enters the establishment; she took her time to admire the interior and it looks like there is something happening tonight. As she approaches the seat she reserves for her and Hyewon, the waiters notified her that tonight is one special night because they would set the ball room at the middle of the hall and anyone willing to dance at the live orchestra they are having is very much welcomed. Chaeyeon grins as she knows this was indeed a lucky day for her.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

A few minutes, Hyewon arrives with her stunning red fitted dress. She just got out of her work, that the stress is still evident on her face, but she never looked less stunning in Chaeyeon's eyes. Chaeyeon stood up as soon as she saw her soon to be girlfriend. She being a formal human pulled Hyewon's chair out and made her seat. Once Hyewon was seated, she hurriedly flops her body on her own chair. 

Nervousness started to creep up into her, luckily the waiter came to them to ask for their orders.

 The two settled for a light meal that could relieve their stresses. 

During the course of their meal the orchestra started to play a good slow music which caught Hyewon's attention. Chaeyeon took notice of this and took it as a sign to execute her little plan. 

 

Chaeyeon fakely coughs to get Hyewon's much wanted attention. As Hyewon drifted her gaze to the latter a bouquet of Viscaria welcomed her. 

 

"Did you know that viscaria in the laguage of flowers means Can I have this dance?" Chaeyeon then peaked at the side for Hyewon to see her blinding smile. Hyewon could only giggle at the latter.

"Don't tell me you planned all of this?" Hyewon amusely asks as she took the flowers and inhaled their light floral scent.

Chaeyeon smiled sheepishly as she scratched her nape. She looks at Hyewon who has her eyes closed while smelling the flowers. 


"You look, beautiful."


Chaeyeon muses unconciously which caught Hyewon off-guard.

The two remained silent as the orchestra finishes it's first set. The next music is a serenade in which Chaeyeon took the opportunity to stand up and ask Hyewon directly. 

"Since you took the flowers. You wouldn't mind right?" 

Hyewon smiled at her softly as she takes Chaeyeon's hand and let the latter lead her to the dance floor. 

Their dance was slow, yet everyone cannot take their eyes off of them. They look perfectly good together. Swaying their bodies with the music as if they were the ones who owned it. Each turn, and each sway could allure any human being. Their synchronicity and their chemistry is showing as if the both of them are molded to be in each other's arms. 

As the music ends, both of them could feel how fast their own hearts are beating. It's thumping like a hammer hitting a nail. With one last look, Hyewon smiled and is about to leave the dance floor, not until Chaeyeon hold her on the wrist and suddenly faced her.

"I know, this is a little bit embarrassing, but you know Kang. The moment I first saw you I was so taken aback. I once never thought that I could meet someone like you whom could make my days brighter. After I had my first heart break. I honestly have given up on love, but then you came. You make my days brighter and you put butterflies inside my stomach. You don't know how happy I am to say that you suddenly opened me up to another possibility of loving someone. Im sorry if it took me time to realize this. Kang Hyewon, will you accept this feelings of mine."

Chaeyeon then pulled out a necklace, it was a simple golden double roped chain with a little round pendant made of pink diamon and a golden bale. Chaeyeon took pride of this very first gift because she saved up just to have it designed to her taste that would suit Hyewon. 

Silence took over the two, while all eyes are on them. The orchestra then suddenly played another serenade and this time it made Hyewon flinch. Chaeyeon wanted to run from the embarrassment but then before she could even take a step back Hyewon hugged her. 

"Yes! You don't know how long I've been waiting for you to ask me! Im also being a coward. I do not want to risk because I thought you do not feel the same way. Im sorry I doubted you. But Yes. Im happy."

Hyewon the pulled out from the hug and cups Chaeyeon's cheeks. She then landed a kiss on Chaeyeon's lips which earned loud cheers from the people inside the establishment. The orchestra continues to play as Chaeyeon felt the whole world slows down. 

It was just them both. 

The two of them looking into each other's eyes, full of love and happiness.

 

 


-

 

 


-WINTER 2033: BUSAN-

 

 

"Rise and shine, princess. We have arrived."

Chaeyeon caresses little Lee's cheeks hoping to wake her daughter up in the most softest way possible. The little girl opened her half-lidded eyes and started to rub on it. She then yawns and look around her surrounding.

She suddenly shoot up from her seat when she got to see the familiar plains they are in. 

 

"We are about to see Mommy!" The little girl shouted in glee as she hurriedly unbuckles her seatbelt and run out of the car to grab the roses she brought for her dear mother.

 

"Mama! Come on! Come on! Mommy is waiting." The girl muses excitedly as she skips towards a door.

 

Chaeyeon could only smile at her daughter and tail her.

Yuri pushed the door and suddenly beamed a bright smile.

 

"Mommy! I missed you! I got you roses! Also Mama got you your favorite flower."

 

Yuri pointed at Chaeyeon who was holding onto the bouquet of viscaria.

 

"It's been awhile, my love. I hope you have been fine while we are away. By the way I brought your favorite flowers. Viscaria. It means can I have this dance, I hope you wouldn't mind it. I mean you always loved it when we dance. It reminds us of the very first time we became official."

 

Chaeyeon then kneels as she places down the beautiful bouquet. 

 

"Im sorry, i did not have that much time to visit. But I hope this makes up for that"

 

Chaeyeon then caresses a cold concrete infront of herㅡa plate made of silver with the name Lee Hyewon engraved on it.

"I really hope we could still have that dance, but sadly that can never happen anymore." She then started to beam a melancholic smile at the tomb. 

 

How she wish she could still have another dance with her love but fate has other plans. God took her away but it was still okay. She still has Yuri. The reminder that she loved and she was loved by someone. Chaeyeon then took Yuri's hand and started playing a serenade that was once she was dancing with the person whom was her world.

 

 

"So princess, since Mommy can't dance with me. Can I have this dance?"

 

 

======

Yoooo! Thank you for having the time to read this little one shot of mine, I hope you had a good time reading this. 

Till the next fic~

 

Ciao~