Whipped Vampire

Halloween Festival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi and happy Halloween again, everyone. Because I have an entire series dedicated to vampire Seulgi, I thought it would be fitting to do a one shot in my vampire Kang universe, it’s another favorite series of mine. The idea of this is the town has an annual Halloween festival every year and although Seulgi normally would not have any intention of going to this event, having a human girlfriend changes many things for her, and maybe Joohyun is able to convince her to go. Please enjoy :)

 

Sponsor Mentions:  As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, captainsnsd, User_name1200, Androsssss, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Mmm2392, Seosunny, cwright01, kingdomcomes, sleepyhead, Jewster88, InformedPuppy, iamforeverlame, Fladoodlem8, ericakate, RedAce, dga214, pinkpinkypin, Seulgalaxy, Moonstunt, SleepyRu, victoriatrrsx, Cheorrybat, Sarcasaticree, pokjl-123, Shouto818, Revelsone, PandaExpress69, argonots, j33200, and Normallyotp. Thank you so much for being sponsors. ^^








 

The cool and brisk winds of Fall brought changes to the town, as not only were the leaves turning bright shades of orange and reds, but the people were adapting to the weather leaving behind their summer clothing for sweaters, long sleeves, and the like. Kang Seulgi has lived in this town for a very long time and the vampire also knew the signs of celebration, or rather soon to be celebration. The humans were in the beginning phases of transforming parts of the town for their annual Halloween festival. Shop owners had offerings of various candy treats featuring witches, bats, and goblins. There were pumpkins galore waiting to be cut and decorated into jack-o-lanterns. In short, the entire town seemed to be up in arms about Halloween and the vampire personally didn’t see the big deal. For the blonde it was simply another day on the calendar.

 

“Humans.” Seulgi shakes her head in disbelief. She doesn’t think she’ll ever quite understand them, even if she is currently involved with the most remarkable human she has ever known. 

 

“Ms. Kang, Ms. Kang?” One of the shop owners notices her and waves to get her attention. Seulgi politely turns to him and walks over.

 

“Yes, Sir?”

 

“I’m a big fan of yours, Ms. Kang. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you at the festival, do you think you might attend?”

 

Seulgi has never attended this festival and still has no real intention of coming. She is at a loss for words but doesn’t want to appear rude. The shop owner can see Seulgi is hesitant.

 

“Will you think about it, here have one of our special made Halloween treats?” He kindly offered her an orange colored bat shaped cookie that is wrapped in bright purple paper. 

 

“Thank you, Sir.” Seulgi thanks him for the pastry and walks off. The only thing that the musician wanted to do was get back to her apartment in one piece, but now she’s stuck with a dessert she can’t even eat. Luckily, she has a human girlfriend that she can deliver this to. Seulgi moves to a secluded bench and calls Joohyun who is at work at the moment, so the crimson-eyed woman hopes that she’s not interrupting. 

 

“Hello?” 

 

“Would you like a large bat-shaped cookie that is probably filled with some sort of fruit?”

 

“W-What?” Joohyun laughs out loud after Seulgi says that to her. The last thing she expected to hear was that when her girlfriend called. 

 

“Is that supposed to be some sort of innuendo?” 

 

“No,” Seulgi shakes her head. “It really is a bat-shaped cookie that a shop owner gave to me, I have no use for this. I can bring it to you?”

 

The human is stunned for a while but quickly realizes that Seulgi is walking around town. The Halloween festival is coming up and the whole town is in preparation for it, now she has the imagery of her adorable vampire holding that huge bat cookie in her hand, and looking at it with confusion.

 

“You know what, sure.” Joohyun nods. “I was about to take a break anyway, I’ll meet you downstairs of my office building. I think I do know what pastry you’re talking about.”

 

“At least one of us does, I’ll see you soon, Hyun.”

 

“I’ll see you soon.”
 

Joohyun ends the call and truly can’t get the visual imagery of her girlfriend with that pastry out of her mind. She has all sorts of thoughts about what Seulgi could look like while holding onto that bat-shaped cookie. Nothing prepared the brunette for what she did see when she saw Seulgi standing outside of her office building holding onto the large cookie with an analytical expression on her face. It takes everything in Joohyun to not start cracking up in loud laughter then.

 

“Aww,, honey?” Joohyun speaks in a cooing tone of voice. “Is that mean bat-shaped cookie bothering you?”

 

The blonde looks over at Joohyun with a frown and simply hands her the cookie. For the longest time Seulgi was trying to figure out how and why did they get a fruit stuffed into such a large cookie, and eventually she gave up and started to critique the artistic design of the bat.

 

“The wings are all wrong.”

 

“What?” The shorter woman blinks.

 

“It has structural issues outside of the fact that I still don’t know how they filled this with fruit.”

 

If Joohyun didn’t think her girlfriend was adorable before, then she surely finds her vampire love the most adorable person she has ever met. Joohyun reaches up and gives her a warm hug.

 

“You are the cutest thing, Kang Seulgi.”

 

“I am not.” Seulgi disagrees. “Please take this, it’s free.” 

 

“Thank you, Seul. Did you see anything interesting so far, I know everyone’s still setting up but the festival will be a nice event.”

 

The human is trying to gauge her girlfriend’s reaction and see where her head is. She would like to ask Seulgi to go with her to the festival, because Joohyun thinks it would be a nice date night out for them.

 

“There were a lot of pumpkins.”

 

“A lot of pumpkins?” Joohyun repeats.

 

“Yes, there were a lot of pumpkins and humans everywhere preparing. I’ve lived here a long time, Hyun, so I know this is a busy time of the year with your festival approaching.”

 

“Have you ever gone?”

 

Joohyun doesn’t think Seulgi has ever gone because she would have remembered seeing the vampire before, even though it’s a large festival and there’s no guarantee Joohyun would have seen Seulgi.

 

“No, I’ve never gone to the festival. I usually stay in my apartment and work on music.”

 

“But that doesn’t sound very fun.” Joohyun thinks, but doesn’t get to voice it. Seulgi is getting a phone call then and says she needs to go.

 

“I may have some shows coming up out of town soon, but I’ll call you later. Enjoy the pastry.” Seulgi hugs her and gives her a kiss to the forehead before disappearing in an instant. Joohyun is luckily used to Seulgi leaving quickly at times and it doesn’t bother her that her girlfriend has just vanished in the blink of an eye. The thing that is now on Joohyun’s mind is trying to figure out a way to convince Seulgi to attend the festival with her. The human thinks it will be a nice evening out for the two of them, and once she heard Seulgi has never experienced the festival for herself, Joohyun just knew that she had to do something about that. She needed to do her best to get the woman she loved out there. After all, how hard could it be to convince your vampire girlfriend to attend a Halloween festival with you. Joohyun sighs afterwards.

 

“Something tells me it won’t be all that easy to convince her.”


 

Meanwhile, Seulgi makes it back to her apartment without any other shop owners offering her more goods. The vampire did however, take notice to more things that were happening around her, now that her girlfriend had asked her earlier if she had. She noticed stalls being set up in advance for what would probably be games or events. The vampire things the fact that the humans seem this passionate about something is remarkable, and even if she’s not intention of going to the festival. Seulgi can appreciate when someone is passionate matters they care about. The blonde most likely will stay in and work on music, like she does when the festival is happening. Seulgi simply doesn’t understand the humans need for their festival but that doesn’t mean someone won’t be trying to convince her to go.


 

The next time she is with Joohyun the vampire notices the brunette not so subtly has fliers in her purse about the festival, wearing a bright orange sweater with a decorative witch on it, and has some photos from last year’s event. Seulgi shakes her head and looks down at the mummy mug the waiter at the restaurant they’re sitting at puts before her.

 

“Humans really go all out.” The crimson-eyed woman mentally sighs.

 

“Hyun?”

 

“Yes, Seul?”

 

“You could have at least worn a shirt with a vampire.”

 

“Huh?” Joohyun looks down and notices the slight frown on the blonde’s face and laughs. Joohyun supposes that she should have worn something more vampire friendly since she is trying to appeal to her girlfriend here.

 

“I had nothing else to wear, and it was the only Halloween thing laying around. But the shirt is not important. I’m team vampire, you know that.”

 

“Hm.” Seulgi doesn’t look convinced.

 

“I am.” The human leaned forward and kisses her lips. “I have the sweetest, kindest, and hottest vampire around, how could I not be team vampire all the way.”

 

“Your shirt says witch, I know a witch I can introduce you to if you would prefer.”

 

“Seul!” Joohyun whines out in frustration and lightly hits her in the arm. “Okay, forget the shirt. I kind of wanted to get you in the Halloween mood in whatever way I could. I really want you to come to the festival with me.”

 

Seulgi listens to how Joohyun sounds. She sounds hopeful about them going to the festival and the vampire is feeling something she hasn’t ever felt before. Is this what it means to want to do anything for someone you love? Why does Seulgi feel like she would be consumed with guilt if she doesn’t go? 

 

“Hyun, I don’t know.”

 

“At least, let me show you these fliers and hear me out.” The brunette smiles in that way that makes Seulgi want to smile too. Joohyun’s smile has a way of making her feel weak. 

 

“Okay, tell me about your festival.”

 

Seulgi sits and hears Joohyun talks about the Halloween festival. She listens to how animated her girlfriend sounds about seeing the different costumes people will come dressed up as, the variety of food and treats, the creativity behind the games and events, and more importantly the fun it can be sharing that experience with someone you love.

 

“It’s going to be perfect weather too, and I know the food and things won’t matter much because you can’t eat them, but I just want to be there with you. I won’t have to go alone this year since I have a girlfriend now, and I…” Joohyun pauses. “No, I don’t want you to feel forced to come. If you don’t want to come then you don’t have to. But can I stop by your place first, I’d like to see you before I go.”

 

Seulgi seems to be contemplating everything Joohyun said to her. The fliers look interesting and everything Joohyun talked about sounds nice, mainly because she keeps talking about how it would be with them simply being together. The blonde has spent a lot of years alone outside of the fact she has close friends in Sooyoung and Yerim, but it’s not the same as spending time with someone you’re in love with. Now that Seulgi has someone she is in love with it changes everything. 

 

“No,”

 

“No?” Joohyun whispers. “But, Seul..”

 

“No, because there won’t be any need for you to just drop by, I will go with you.”

 

The brunette looked up when she hears those words and the smile that breaks out onto Joohyun’s face touches Seulgi in ways the vampire didn’t imagine were possible. The way Joohyun laughs in excitement and launches her slightly smaller body into her own for a hug, makes Seulgi feel suddenly warm, like she forgets that her own body is cold for the moment and she is filled by this warm feeling that is radiating off of the woman she loves.

 

“Thank you,” Joohyun whispers. “I really thought it would be much harder to convince you.”

 

“I should be worried that you’re making me, what’s the word you humans would say?” Seulgi pauses to find it. “Whipped.”

 

The human bust out in laughter at her cute girlfriend whom she loves so much.

 

“I wouldn’t say whipped, I say sweet and supportive girlfriend.”

 

“Uh-huh.” Seulgi nods in an unconvincing manner. “I do have a question.”

 

“What is it, baby?”

 

“What does one wear to a Halloween festival?”

 

Joohyun smiles softly and touches the blonde’s chin. 

 

“You don’t need to wear anything special, Seul. I mean, some people dress up since it’ll be Halloween. But, if you do want to wear one of your stage costumes I don’t think I’d mind that at all.” 

 

Joohyun briefly fantasizes about how y Seulgi always looks on stage. She thinks ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter