Final

Baby, baby

“Chanyeol, look at his eyes,” Baekhyun cooed as he softly caressed the pudgy red cheek belongs to the fruit of their love that was safely tucked in Baekhyun’s arm.

“He looks a lot like you,” Chanyeol pouted but he then chuckled when their baby took hold of Chanyeol’s pinky.

“Have you seen Junnie’s dimple? He got them from you,” Baekhyun giggled when their baby decided to present to them the dimpled smile.

“Yeolie, I love you and Jun so much,” Baekhyun suddenly blurted out as a single tear escape from his right eye.

Chanyeol smiled and hugged the two of them carefully and kissed Baekhyun’s forehead, softly whispered, “We love you too Baek. I promise that I will protect you and Jun with all my heart.”

~~~~~~~~

Munching, glaring, munching, glaring. Repeat.

The sound of giggling and laughing from the two figures that were rolling on the carpet did not amuse Chanyeol. Not at all.

Why you might ask.

Because Chanyeol is a brat and that is a known fact which Baekhyun, his small husband, had completely agreed with.

Well, Chanyeol was far from being a brat, at first. Somehow, after the birth of Jun, Chanyeol started to act like a lonely brat.

Before they had Jun, Baekhyun will usually greet him with the most beautiful good morning along with his signature crescent eye smile. To top it all, Baekhyun will ALWAYS cuddle with Chanyeol and they will giggle like teenagers in love before both of them got off from the bed to start their day. However, things changes when Jun came into the picture.

Don’t get him wrong, Chanyeol does love Jun BUT, he felt jealous with all the attention that Jun was getting from his small husband. Now his morning started with a space beside him as Baekhyun will wake up early to stay in Jun’s nursery until the baby woke up.

Jun had been staying in their room for a year and both of them had agreed to let Jun finally slept on his own.  Baekhyun was anxious at first as he kept waking up every hour to check on Jun. Chanyeol tried to comfort him in the best way he can and Baekhyun seems to calm down but that didn’t stop Baekhyun from waking up early just to be by his baby side.

Chanyeol was closed to tears the first time he woke up without Baekhyun by his side. He frantically ran around the house and he was relieved upon seeing Baekhyun cradling Jun in his arms, staring lovingly at the tiny being.

The picture was too beautiful for him to interrupt so Chanyeol just leaned against the doorframe to cherish the moment.

That was before Chanyeol's jealousy stage. Now that Chanyeol sees the differences, he knew he should just ambush and ruin the moment because now he realized that he was never in the picture of the perfect family. It’s always Baekhyun and Jun, there was never Chanyeol and Jun nor Chanyeol and Baekhyun. It finally hit him how much he was an outsider in his own family.

Too lost in his thought, Chanyeol flinched when he felt someone holding onto his leg. He looked down and was met with the beautiful orbs of his baby and all the jealousy thought vanished.

“Hey baby, did you crawl to daddy?” Chanyeol lifted his son and placed the little being on his lap. Jun replied with a gurgling sound and squeal when Chanyeol kissed his cheeks.

Chanyeol was busy cooing at his son when he suddenly felt a pair of arms wrapped around his neck from behind. Knowing who the hands belong to, Chanyeol relaxes and placed a tender peck on the skin that he can reach.

What Chanyeol didn’t expect was the sound of sobbing and he can already feel his shirt started to soak with tears.

“Baby, are you okay?” Chanyeol unwrapped Baekhyun’s hand around him. Sensing that Baekhyun was not able to talk, he went to place Jun safely on the playmat before he came back to check on Baekhyun.

“I-I’m s-so sorry,” Baekhyun said in between tears.

Chanyeol spares himself from asking further questions and cupped Baekhyun’s cheek in his large hand. The tears didn’t stop although Chanyeol kept on caressing Baekhyun’s face over and over.

“Why are you saying sorry? Baek, are you hurt?”

Baekhyun nodded and softly took Chanyeol’s large hand and place the palm on his chest where his heart is beating.

Chanyeol was confused but he let Baekhyun take his time because the last thing he wants was to put pressure on his smaller husband.

“My heart hurt so bad,” Baekhyun muttered in a whisper.

Before Chanyeol could reply, Baekhyun beat him up to it.

“I neglect you Chanyeol and I hate that I know about this, but I still do it.”

The heavy feeling that Chanyeol had been feeling all this while started to come back.  

So, he knew.

Both of them fall in deep silence and none of them dare to make a move.

Baekhyun closed his eyes as tears started to well up in his eyes, ignoring the pain that he is feeling right now.

Baekhyun realized that he had been distant from Chanyeol and he hated it. But, every time he lay his eyes on Jun, everything around him fade and his eyes were glued to Jun.

It didn’t help that every time Chanyeol left for work, Baekhyun was busy changing Jun diaper and he can only bid Chanyeol with a half-hearted bye as his focus was a hundred percent on his baby. And by the time, Chanyeol came back, he was busy entertaining his son who demands the full attention of his small papa and every time Baekhyun was out of the toddler sight, Jun will cry all his heart out.

He felt sad when he entered his bedroom at night, and Chanyeol had already fallen asleep without eating dinner. Chanyeol did not know but Baekhyun will often cry himself to sleep because he felt so bad.

His train of thought came to a halt when he felt a pair of lips softly crashed against his. In a flash, he peeled his eyes wide open and more tears flow from his eyes.

Despite the tears, Baekhyun pulled Chanyeol’s neck to deepen the kiss. The kiss was the first kiss that they had shared for quite a long time and it means a lot to both of them.

“I know you’re trying to be the perfect father Baekhyun and trust me I am too. But I hope that you can share your love with me as much as you love Jun. Baek, I love you and Jun to the moon and back, that I can’t even choose between the two of you and I swore once that I will protect you and Jun and I will still do it, because I love two so so much,” Chanyeol whispered once they broke the kiss, lips still close to each other.

“I love you Chanyeol, I love you so much and I know that I didn’t show it but I want you to know that you have my heart and I won’t give it to anyone else other than you and Jun,” Baekhyun said and leaned in for another kiss which Chanyeol gladly accepted.

“Da-dy!”

The two adults froze and whipped their heads towards Jun who was smiling widely at them.

“Did he jus-,“ Chanyeol left Baekhyun's side and threw himself on the playmat next to Jun who cheered when his tall daddy land perfectly beside him.

“Baby, can you say it again,” Chanyeol lifted Jun, fully anticipating on the words coming from Jun’s mouth.

“Da-------------dy!”

“Yes baby, I am your daddy,” Chanyeol can’t help the tears forming in his eyes so he distracted himself by pressing a thousand kisses on the toddler in his arms.

“That’s not fair!”

Chanyeol who busy cuddling with his son ignored the tiny footsteps that were approaching them.

“Baby, you betray me,” Baekhyun pouted pitifully next to the two happy figures who were now in their bubble without Baekhyun.

“Junnie, did you hear anything? Because I can’t hear anything else except your beautiful voice when you call me ‘Da------dy’,” Chanyeol said teasingly and chuckled when he saw his smaller husband cutely fuming at him.

Chanyeol smiled and pulled his husband closer to him taking Baekhyun by surprise.

“Now repeat after me Junnie, Pa…pa,” Chanyeol enunciates the two syllables slowly. Jun who was watching Chanyeol lips started to twitch and tried to mimic his daddy words.

“Pa-------pa!”

The smiled that decorated Baekhyun’s face was enough to make Chanyeol felt proud.

“You are growing up so fast and I felt old,” Baekhyun pinch the chubby cheek belong to Jun as he leaned against Chanyeol.

“Old and y if you might say,” Chanyeol wriggled his eyebrow playfully at Baekhyun who had a mortified look plastered on his face upon hearing Chanyeol’s suggestive word.

“Chanyeol, Jun is listening.”

The smirked on Chanyeol face caused Baekhyun to cower a bit as he did not expect that kind of reaction.

“So, you’re saying that I might get something more of our baby is not here,” Chanyeol said an octave lower as he placed Jun near the pile of toys that the boy had built.

“Which part of my words suggest that?” Baekhyun asked completely stunned on his husband's way of interpreting his words.

“It’s okay baby after this tiny lad goes to bed tonight, I’ll give you everything,” Chanyeol whispered seductively against Baekhyun’s ear.

Baekhyun blushed and hit Chanyeol’s chest softly.

“Is that a yes?” Chanyeol asked playfully.

“We’ll see tonight,” Baekhyun answered in the same manner and stood up as he wanted to prepare dinner.

As he walked towards the kitchen, he makes sure to sway his hips more than usual once he felt Chanyeol’s eyes on him.

Indeed, Chanyeol can’t take his eyes from Baekhyun.

“That is a perfect yes, right?” Chanyeol asked Jun once Baekhyun is out from his sight. Jun just gifted him a dimpled smile and screeched when Chanyeol gets on all four and started to chase him.

                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you have a fun time reding this fic!!!