Final

Pretty Thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air of the bathroom hangs heavy with the heat of his shower, steam hazing Taemin’s vision as his damp feet pad across the dark grey tiles adorning the room, floor to ceiling. He reaches up, swiping his palm across the mirror, wiping away just enough of the condensation to see himself in the glass.Carefully he hoists his frame up onto the bathroom counter, feet settling themselves in the empty sink, as small hands pluck from the mess of products kept around the sink. 

There's no rush to his actions, indulging in both time and self-care, slowly settling into the idea of not needing to meet a schedule, just for today. The sound of the music pouring from the speakers in his bedroom is muffled through the bathroom door, kept closed out of habit, and Taemin finds himself absentmindedly humming along, disregarding the lack of clarity of the sound. 

It was so easy to fall into the soft flow of the track, the up and down of the tones as they spilled through the flat. Too easily Taemin was finding himself lost in the rare free day that had slotted itself into his calendar. It was decidedly a day of self indulgence, of self appreciation wherein which Taemin had locked himself up tight in his flat, with no intention of leaving it until work required it the still distant next morning.

It’s not long later Taemin slips off the counter and back onto the tiled floor. The soft blond strands of his hair have already begun to dry despite the moisture in the air, his body humming with the most comfortable, airy feeling of being freshly clean. The music washes over Taemin in full as he opens the door, pulling at his feet, and moving his joints, his body just a little bit more fluid with each action. He doesn’t register the way his body flows in time with the song as he moves across his room, the movements coming as natural as breathing.

Clothing is something all too optional, something he’d normally forego altogether on a day like today, but there's a bundle of grey fabric that catches his eye on the other side of the room. It’s only a mild re-directing of his path that brings Taemin to the doorway that marks the cross between his bedroom and the rest of the open concept flat, bending down to pull the grey shirt up from its since forgotten spot on the floor. He only shakes it out once before tugging it over his slim frame, the cotton falling soft and worn over his skin, smelling just like Jongin. It makes his heart flutter a bit and his senses all the more at ease. Yes, he decides, this seems like a better option to for today.

The hem of Jongin’s shirt brushes smooth thighs, just barely covering the curve of his bottom, the sleeves long enough so only his fingers peek out, something Taemin enjoys all too well about wearing his boyfriend’s clothing. The drape of the collar slides a bit, catching on the sharp line of his shoulder, far too large for him normally but all too perfect for a day like today.

Taemin’s route to the kitchen diverts once more as a thought passes through his mind, u-turning himself back around towards his closet. 

The deep wood of the closet door had been left open the last time he’d been in the space, and it takes little time for him to dig through the drawer underneath where his shirts hung, finding quickly what he was seeking.

It’s with a bit of a pep to his step that Taemin takes himself back across the room and to his bed bouncing, a bit as he drops himself to sit, shuffling back into the mess of monochrome navy blue sheets he pulls his legs up with the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter