end.

alternate universe

        Yoohyeon did not recall how exactly everything happened. Well, she did not realise she woke up to her spooning Minji. HER spooning the Kim Minji. She definitely did not remember if they switched their usual sleeping position. She let it pass, maybe Minji was trying something new. She guessed. Maybe Minji did attempt to explore new things. Because when Bora swung the door open with an unnecessary amount of force, also brutally damaging her and Minji’s ears with her loud voice telling them to get off the bed, she was greeted with just a simple sentence that had turned her day upside down, “Can we stay like this a little longer, please?” with the softest tone that had ever entered Yoohyeon’s ears, from Minji.

     And why was that something peculiar? Minji was never like this. Minji may be a gentle person but never the soft one. She was the one to lead, the one to initiate every affection they shared and of course, the big spoon whenever they cuddle. But that definitely was not the case here. “Are you sure you’re not pulling any pranks on me?” Yoohyeon asked her bizarrely baby-like? girlfriend who apparently was straddling her lap on the sofa, nuzzling her face into Yoohyeon’s neck. Minji only shook her head as a response. Gahyeon then butted in, “Stop asking her that, weirdo.” If anything, they were the ones who were being unusual. Yoohyeon had asked every each of them if anything had happened last night and the answer was negative. Yoohyeon had listed it all, today they were supposed to have a little family day with their friends, check. Bora cannot keep her hands to herself, check. Siyeon getting jealous because it was not her that Bora , check. Yubin discreetly wrapped her arms around Handong’s waist as if no one’s in the room, check. Gahyeon being the only one that was functional enough, check. Minji to be the one who give her a back hug, no. Everything, everything except Minji was not right.

      It’s not like Yoohyeon was complaining. Heck, Minji being hopeless bottom, yes that’s what she had decided to call latter, wasn’t a bad idea. Really. One time they were having dinner that day when her girlfriend gave her the most adorable look ever. “What?” Yoohyeon managed to blurt. Minji averted her gaze to Yoohyeon’s soup, then her spoon. “You have got to be kidding me. What the actual , Kim Minji?” Yoohyeon cursed under her breathe. With an obviously shaking hand, she managed to scoop the soup and made it to Minji’s mouth. She earned a high pitched squeal from the latter. “Ew Kim Minji contain yourself.” Bora let out a disgusted look to the couple from the opposite end of the table. The silver haired woman’s face turned bright red. Out of pure embarrassment, Minji hid her face by looking down. The former felt bad for her poor girlfriend and decided to intertwine their fingers under the table. Oh wow. That was really something. Yoohyeon spoke to no one.

    The rest of the day went quite well, at least to Yoohyeon. “See both of you tomorrow!” Handong bid farewell to Yoohyeon and Minji. “Have a nice night, Dongie, Yubinie!” Minji replied enthusiastically. Yoohyeon closed the door and Minji untangled herself from the taller woman. Yoohyeon quickly walked to the kitchen to do the dishes, leaving Minji behind as the blonde was heading to the toilet. Yoohyeon had just finished with the dishes and entered the living room where she spotted Minji was already dressed in pyjamas waiting for Yoohyeon to cuddle with her. Minji was sitting comfortably on the sofa, hands folded on her chest, hugging in what seemed to be Yoohyeon’s pyjamas. “Cute, adorable.” Yoohyeon thought. “You were waiting for me?” The silver haired approached her girlfriend and took the pyjamas. “Mhm, yea. Not really wanna disturb you.” Minji said, her voice small. She flashed a goofy grin to Yoohyeon in which Yoohyeon quickly looked away. Avoiding any more eye contacts. She had not used to this. She quickly undressed herself and put on the pyjamas. She noticed how Minji had her eyes on her body as she removed her clothes, blushing. Undeniably not the Minji she knew.  

     Yoohyeon plopped beside Minji and on reflex, and funnily enough, Minji was quicker than her, sink herself into Yoohyeon’s embrace. If it was not because of Yoohyeon strength, both of them would have landed on the floor. They stayed like that for some time before Yoohyeon decided to break the silence, “Babe, may I ask you a few question?” as she caressed the asked person’s hair. “Mhm, sure. But haven’t you asked me a lot already?” Minji replied as she adjusted herself into a more comfortable position on top of Yoohyeon. “Y-yea, well I did. Sorry.” Minji was right. Yoohyeon literally had been interrogating her poor girlfriend without rest. It did make Minji anxious. “What did I do wrong?” Minji queried this time. Yoohyeon was dumbstruck. Great, now it’s Minji who had started to be questioning her actions. “I don’t know, Yooh. All the questions you’ve been throwing today made me nervous. You’re being kinda distant since morning. I feel like I had done something wrong last night” Her voice cracked at the end of her sentence. At this point she was on verge of crying. Yoohyeon hastily wrapped her arm around Minji’s head, kissing the latter’s head while mouthing bunch of ‘“Sorry.”s’. Yoohyeon got up and enveloped Minji into a hug. Minji buried her face on Yoohyeon’s neck for the thousand times in that day. “I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. I just have not used to this. I love you, babe. Really.” Yoohyeon reasoned as she rubbed circles on the blonde’s back. This earned the latter attention as she looked up to meet Yoohyeon’s gaze. “What do you meant by not used to this?” Minji looked at her soulmate quizzically. Yoohyeon contemplated for a moment. She had her answer to all of this but just how on earth she was going to explain it to Minji? That maybe this is an alternate universe where their role was switched, Kim Yoohyeon the confident gay, she hypothesised and Kim Minji the hopeless gay, that was confirmed, whereas her universe was the complete opposite. And somehow she took this universe’s Kim Yoohyeon’s role. No. That sounded too illogical. But what other conclusion could be made? Yoohyeon sighed at this. She took a glimpse of Minji anticipating face before finally giving up. “Nevermind. It’s nothing. I was just playing around. You look especially adorable today.” She declared before connecting their lips together. Minji did not reciprocate the kiss at first but later find herself melting at the touch. However Minji was the first to pull away, gasping for air. “You are being unfair. You always do this to avoid things.” Minji complained, now sulking. Yoohyeon’s heart softened at the bunny’s demeanour. So she was right. Everthing that her Minji did will be the same as what as this universe Minji’s Yoohyeon did. Now, what would her Minji do after this? Oh right. The bedroom. That. She played a mischievous grin before lifting Minji up in a bridal style, earning a yelp from the latter. “It’s time to sleep princess.” She said as she made her way into their shared bedroom.  Minji was struggling as a sign of disapproval just to give in as her efforts were useless. Yoohyeon placed Minji on the bed carefully, taking her chances, Yoohyeon leaned and initiated another kiss. This time was deeper and more sensual. Minji was very needy and Yoohyeon was very much pleased to end the hunger. She knew for herself that she was needy and that would be the same for this version of Minji. Truth to be told, she was enjoying every bit of this. Minji, being submissive to her, begging for more of her kisses and touches. Yep. This could be the best thing she would ever experience.

    “Wake up princess. We’re running late.” The sound of Minji’s voice woke her from her deep slumber. The sound of the curtains and windows being opened filled the room and Yoohyeon unwillingly lifted her eyelids up. The memories of last night washed over her. Was it all a dream? Her body shot up and she reached a hand for her phone under the pillow, 24th April. It’s been a day. So it did happen. Yoohyeon couldn’t believe it. “Puppy, please get up and get ready.” This broke the train of thoughts in Yoohyeon’s mind. She snapped her head to look at Minji dressing up. Then she noticed something. Hickeys. Too much of it, more than she usually left. No ing way. “Babe?” Yoohyeon called. Minji only replied with a hum. “Hopeless, bottom gay?” As much as stupid as she sounded at the moment, that’s the best question she could throw. “What are you even talking about?” Minji was puzzled. To Yoohyeon’s expectation, she was right. Yoohyeon let out a giggle before standing up. She gave Minji a kiss on cheek and said “How does it feel being under me at last, bunny? You must have had a good time.” Yoohyeon teased before locking the shower door, leaving a stoned Minji behind. Whatever happened, Yoohyeon knew her Minji was having a time of her life because she did, too.