Final

Sharing University Benches

Jimin was running late. Literally. He missed the bus, thanks to Taehyung with whom he talked the whole night.  So, Jimin was running his off to uni. Great, it was only the first day of the second semester. New subject meant new teacher and he hoped that he won’t arrive too late and that the teacher would be kind enough to not ask him why he was late.

Jimin finally reached the amphitheatre, out of breath. Luckily, the teacher was late as well so he went to sit at the front. He sat next to a kinda buff guy, draped in black, earphones in, waiting for the class to begin. Jimin was glad that he had chosen literature at this instant because the guy was, firstly, smelling like vanilla and, secondly, a BTS fan judging from his playlist. Just as he was about to talk to him about how ‘DDAENG’ was a great choice of song, the teacher entered and went down the amphitheatre, facing the students.

“Hello, everyone. Sorry to be late. Anyway, I’m Lee Janghyuk and I will be your literature history teacher this semester. We’ll talk about writers from all countries, not only Korean writers. We’ll begin with European writers, which is my speciality. Let’s begin.”

Half an hour in the lecture, Jimin was hardly taking notes, dozing off. What woke him up was feeling his phone vibrating against his thigh in his pocket. He tried ignoring it but it wouldn’t stop vibrating. That little sh*t, I swear to god he thought. He took his phone out and shouted at Taehyung to stop texting him without reading his messages. When he looked back up to the teacher, he was completely lost, not understanding a single thing he was saying. He looked at his left and leaned over to the buff guy.

“Hey, can I have a look at your notes, please?” he whispered.

The buff guy, curtly nodded and showed him his notes, stopping for a while so Jimin could copy them.

“Thanks.” He whispered when he was done, receiving another nod.

An hour later, Jimin was gathering his stuffs, thinking of talking to ‘buff guy’ but when he was done, he was already gone. He sighed, pouting, and took his phone out, calling Taehyung.

‘Where the heck are you? I need to kill you.’

‘Calm down, bro. I’m at the café just beside your building. I bought you a drink, hurry.’ Tae said, hanging up.

“Motherf*cker.” Jimin muttered, walking out of his building and towards the café.

When he arrived, he immediately spotted Taehyung and walked over to him.

“You d*ckhead, you deserve a death penalty. You talked with me half of the night and didn’t bother calling me to wake me up today. I hate you.” He said, sitting down and sipping on his caramel macchiato.

“Hello to you too, asshat. How was your first lecture?” Taehyung asked.

“Great. Perfect. Very interesting but it could have been better if I hadn’t been dozing off.” Jimin replied, pouting.

“I’m sorry, baby. I’ll make it up to you.” Taehyung said and Jimin smiled at him.

“There’s something you could do for me, in fact.”

“Which pretty boy’s name do you want?”

“Literature major, first year. Draped in black, wavy black hair, chiselled jawline.” Jimin said as Taehyung went Instagram stalking.

“Is this him?” he asked a couple of seconds later. Jimin nodded, beaming. “Jeon Jungkook, literature major, likes his profile says. Quiet, a typical nerd. Marvel fan from what I see. That’s all.” Taehyung said, sending the profile to Jimin.

“I see. He’s cute, isn’t he?”

“Totally your type.” Taehyung said, setting his phone down. “Are you still mad at me?” he asked.

“Nah. I wasn’t really mad at you anyway, I was just stressed about arriving late.”

“I’m sorry. Well, do you have another lecture today?”

“I have creative writing after lunch. How about you?”

“Art history after lunch. Let’s eat together then!” Taehyung said and Jimin nodded.

They got up, ready to leave the café. When they were out, Jimin turned to Taehyung.

“How was your morning date with Yoongi?”

“If you bothered to read my messages, you would know.” Taehyung said, pouting. “He told me he’s in love with me and kissed me.”

“That’s so sweet! I’m so glad you both agreed to take things slow. It couldn’t have been better.”

“I know right. I’m just so happy I could just cry. I like him so much. But we haven’t got the talk yet… I plan on talking to him tomorrow. I asked him out on another date tomorrow evening.” Taehyung stated, becoming red.

“I’m sure it will all go well, don’t worry. If he doesn’t want to put a label on your relationship, it’s okay too. It can be exclusive without necessarily labelling it.” Jimin said, taking his best friend’s hand.

 

After lunch, Jimin has been trying to produce something for his creative writing class for a bit more than a whole hour when his phone buzzed. He took it out discreetly and opened Taehyung’s text.

TaeTae

OMG JEON JUNGKOOK IS IN MY CLASS HE JUST ARRIVED

ISN’T HE A LITERATURE MAJOR THO?

Jimin

He is…

Maybe he’s majoring in literature but got an art minor

TaeTae

Wait, he just explained

He’s a photography minor

He didn’t know he had to take this class too that’s why he’s one hour late

A real cutie~

Jimin

Back off

He’s mine

TaeTae

Chill babe

Oops, gtg ttyl bb

 

Jimin sighed, putting his phone back in his pocket, resuming his staring contest with his sheet of paper. Actually, he had already written some things last semester but they weren’t good enough in his opinion so he never worked on them. That’s why he was stuck now. He had no inspiration whatsoever and it was frustrating him. He looked at the time and realised that only 15 minutes were left. He sighed deeply and looked around. Some people were stuck, just like him, whereas others were passionately writing down everything that came to mind. Just as he put his head on the table, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked up and saw his professor.

“Jimin, what’s going on?” Mrs Choi asked.

“I’m stuck. I don’t know what to write about. I have no inspiration.”

“You wrote a lot of things last semester that you never showed me though. Maybe I could help you.” She said, smiling sweetly.

“I’m not very proud of them. They’re not good enough to show them to you.” He said, looking a bit defeated.

“Look, maybe you should give it a try. I’m not here to judge you. I’ve read the short story you submitted for the writing contest. It was too good to get only the third place, I assure you.” Jimin smiled, smiling shyly. “Bring them tomorrow, we’ll work over them. Do you have a break tomorrow?”

“I don’t have any classes in the morning.” He said.

“Unfortunately, I do. After lunch?” she asked.

“I have a class at 1PM. But I finish at 3. Is it okay with you?”

“Yes. We’ll meet in front of the library at 3:30PM, is it okay?” she asked and Jimin nodded. “Okay, you’re dismissed.” She stated for the whole class and everyone packed their stuffs and began to leave.

As Jimin was waiting for the elevator, he took his phone out.

 

Jimin

Are you done?

TaeTae

Yep. Let’s meet in front of the dorms.

Jimin

‘Kay

 

Jimin’s been waiting for 15 minutes when Taehyung finally showed up.

“Dude, what took you so long?”

“Sorry, I came across Hoseok hyung, the dance major. We talked about the party next week and I got carried away.”

“Let’s go.” Jimin said and they climbed up the stairs to their shared room. They entered and both plopped down their couch.

“Want a drink?” Taehyung asked.

“Maybe it could help my creativity.” Jimin said, shrugging his shoulders.

“I guess you’ll take beer?” Taehyung asked, getting up and walking to their little fridge.

“Nah, give me a soju.”

“You have something to tell me. You never take soju on week days.” Taehyung said, coming back with one soju and one beer.

He opened them and they said ‘cheers’ before taking a gulp.

“So, what’s up? Still not writing anything?”

“Kinda. I couldn’t write anything during Mrs Choi’s class. She came to me and told me that she had seen what I had submitted for the writing contest last semester. She knows that I have a lot of drafts and she wants me to bring them so we could work on them tomorrow.” Jimin explained, taking a long gulp of his soju afterwards.

“That’s great Jiminie! Someone’s finally acknowledging your talent! Cheers, dude, cheers!” Tae exclaimed, banging their bottles together.

“I guess, yeah. What about your class? How was it?” Jimin asked.

“It was okay. Kinda boring, you know how much I love history.” They giggled. “Oh, by the way. Since Jeon Jungkook wasn’t in creative writing, it means that he doesn’t have this class, right?”

“No, there are different classes for creative writing. We’re not more than 20 in one class. Like that, the teacher has the time to come see everyone, you see?” Jimin explained and Taehyung nodded.

“Anyway, he was apparently very interested, he kept taking notes.” Taehyung said, making Jimin laugh.

“I don’t know if he was taking notes or just writing something but, to be honest, I’d go for the latter.”

“Anyway, he was very busy. So busy that when the class was over, he practically flew out of the amphitheatre.”

“Yeah, the same as this morning. I wonder if I have other classes with him.”

“Why? Wanna seduce him?” Taehyung teasingly asked.

“Why not? But I want to befriend him first. He seems shy and lonely, I could keep him company from time to time, if he allows me to.”

 

The following day, Jimin only had one class in the end of the afternoon. He woke up late, so late that when Taehyung called him, it was already time for lunch. Taehyung couldn’t join him for lunch so Jimin got dressed up and walked down to the convenience store at the entrance of the dorms. He chose a cup of sesame flavoured instant noodles and as he was going to the cashier, he spotted Jungkook entering the convenience store. Jimin almost died right then and there. Jungkook was wearing a big white sweatshirt, blue pants, grey sneakers and a black mask. He looked like he just woke up, his eyes half-closed. He was dragging his feet towards the noodles’ aisle, just like Jimin did when he entered. Jimin followed Jungkook’s hand as he brought it up to his hair and how Jimin wanted to feel if Jungkook’s wavy long hair were as soft as they looked. Jimin was so concentrated in looking at Jungkook that he didn’t notice him walking his way. It was when Jungkook was done paying that he got out of his trance, quickly paying for his food and running out of the convenience store. He ran to Jungkook, grabbing his shoulder.

“Jungkook.” He said, short on breath.

Jungkook turned around, his eyes wide, not understanding who was this cute guy or where he came from. He vaguely remembered him from his literature class.

“Yes?” he asked, wondering what he wanted from him.

“Do you want to, maybe, eat together?” Jimin asked, still out of breath.

Jungkook looked at him, wondering why and if he had gone crazy.

“But… why? We don’t even know each other.” Jungkook said and Jimin finally let go of his shoulder.

“We could get to know each other.” Jimin said, smiling brightly. Jungkook could swear at this instant that he never saw such a beautiful smile in his whole life.

“Okay.” Jungkook just replied. He didn’t know why but he was sick of being alone to eat so he agreed. Maybe that if it went well they could become acquaintances.

“Really?” Jungkook nodded. “Okay, let’s go to my room, my roommate isn’t there. Or we could go to yours if you feel uncomfortable.”

“How did you know?” Jungkook asked.

“What?”

“How did you know that I would feel uncomfortable to go to your room.” Jungkook said as they began walking up the stairs.

“I just guessed.” Jimin answered, smiling sweetly. “Let’s go!” he said, quietly following Jungkook up the stairs.

They arrived to the third floor and walked until the very end of the corridor before Jungkook entered a code and opened the door.

“Here we are.” He announced, letting Jimin in before closing the door behind him. “My roommate isn’t here for the moment.” He said, looking around awkwardly. “Sit down on the couch, I’ll get you hot water for your noodles.” Jungkook said, taking Jimin’s cup of noodles and walking away.

Jimin sat down, looking around. It wasn’t much different than his own room. The couch was a bit bigger and there was no TV. He noticed some music sheets on the little coffee table in front of him and a pair of broken headphones. Jimin directed his attention back to Jungkook, admiring his broad and muscular back before looking at the back of his head. Damn, thought Jimin, I really wanna run my hand through his hair, they look so soft. Just then, Jungkook turned around, coming with Jimin’s and his own cup of noodles and chopsticks, sitting down next to Jimin.

“There you go.” He said, putting his cup down on the coffee table.

“Thanks.” Jimin said, smiling. “I was wondering-”

“It broke down.” Jungkook cut. “You wanted to ask why we don’t have a TV, right?” he asked and Jimin nodded. “It broke down. Or more my roommate broke it.” Jungkook said, a little smile gracing his lips.

“He broke it? How?”

“He burst it open with a sabre.” Jungkook said as if it was absolutely normal.

“W-What?” Jimin asked, confused. Then, Jungkook laughed.

“I’m joking! Oh my gosh, you should have seen your face!” he exclaimed, throwing his head back as he clapped his hands. “As he was turning it on it just shut down, we don’t know how. We’ll get a new one next week.” Jungkook explained when he was done laughing.

“I see.” Jimin said, still confused about the sabre story but also struck by how beautiful Jungkook looked as he laughed.

“So, if I remember well, you major in literature, right? You asked me for my notes yesterday.” Jungkook said, taking his cup of noodles. He took a bite when he deemed them cooked enough. “Yours should be cooked too.” He said, gesturing for Jimin to take a bite as well.

“O-oh, yes.” Jimin said, grabbing his cup and taking a bite as well. When he swallowed, he answered Jungkook’s question. “Yes, I major in literature. I’ve always liked reading and I want to become a writer. What about you?”

“Well, I major in literature but I also have a photography minor. When I entered uni, I didn’t know what to choose. I really like to write poems but I also really like taking pictures of the sky, of landscapes. I prefer taking pictures of people though. I’ll choose at the end of the semester which one I wanna pursue.” Jungkook explained.

“That’s cool! I hope you’ll find what interests you the most.” Jimin said, taking another bite of his noodles.

Jungkook did the same and they stayed in silence for a short moment before Jimin asked another question.

“Do the music sheets belong to your roommate? Is he a music major?”

“Yes. He wants to become a songwriter. He’s very talented. He’s also an amazing rapper, I saw him perform in Hongdae the other day, it was so cool.”

Jimin saw the boy’s eyes sparkle at the mention of his roommate. He found really cute the way a soft smile made its way on his lips as he seemed to reminisce the performance.

“You seem to really like him.” Jimin said.

“I do! He’s really amazing, I have so much respect for him.” Jungkook said, slightly blushing.

“Are you interested in him?” Jimin asked. Jungkook seemed to freeze at his question. Jimin blushed. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t want to make you uncomfortable. I shouldn’t have assumed your ual orientation.”

“N-no, it’s okay. I’m not interested in Namjoon hyung, he’s just really amazing and I wish I could be at least as half amazing as he is. He has a boyfriend too. But I’m gay though, you didn’t assume anything.” Jungkook stated, smiling at Jimin.

“Oh, okay. And you shouldn’t compare yourself to him, you’re amazing too, in your own way.” Jimin said, a bit embarrassed.

“Thanks.” Jungkook breathed out, blushing.

“Anyway, what class do you have after lunch?” Jimin asked before taking another bite.

“Well, I have creative writing with Mrs Choi.”

“Really? I need to meet with her at 3:30PM.”

“Why? If I may ask, of course.”

“No problem. I’m having some troubles writing and she wants to help me. I have a lot of drafts but I don’t find them good enough to continue to work on.” Jimin explained.

“She’s very nice to help you. She helped me last semester, I had the same problem as yours.”

“How did you solve it?” Jimin asked, really curious but also kinda envious.

“Well, I decided to believe in myself and in my talent. I’m still working on it, I’ll give it out at the end of the semester.” Jungkook stated.

As Jimin was thinking about what Jungkook had said, Jungkook was finishing his noodles, staring at Jimin.

“Jimin?” he said after some time.

“Huh? Did you say anything? I’m sorry I was in deep thoughts.”

“No I didn’t say anything. I was wondering if you were planning in finishing your noodles soon since I’ll have to leave for my class.” Jungkook said and Jimin chuckled.

“Yeah, I’m sorry.” Jimin said, quickly finishing his cup of noodles. “Well, do you mind if we exchange numbers or something? I’d like to stay in contact with you.” Jimin said as Jungkook got up to throw their cups in the trash bin.

“Um, okay but… why?” Jungkook asked, coming back to where Jimin was now standing.

“I wanna be your friend.” Jimin stated as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

“Why?” Jungkook asked again.

“Because you seem a lot of fun and I’d like to get to know you better. I really really wanna be your friend.”

Jimin looked so hopeful and cute looking at Jungkook with his cat-like eyes, how could he say no?

“Okay then. Gimme your phone.” Jungkook said with a little sigh and Jimin immediately gave him his phone so he could enter his number.

When Jimin took his phone back, he sent a text stating ‘It’s Jimin!.

“What are you going to save me as?” Jimin asked.

“I don’t know… Jimin-ssi?”

“Aww, that’s cute! Okay, you’ll be Jungkookie for me!” Jimin stated before walking towards the door, leaving a frozen Jungkook behind him.

No one ever gave him a nickname besides his family members. He was surprised to discover that he liked it. He liked it so much that he blushed.

“Jungkookie?” Jimin said, waiting beside the door.

“O-oh, yeah.” Jungkook stuttered, going to the door, opening and letting Jimin get out, following just after.

 

Two hours later, Jimin was waiting in front of Mrs Choi’s class instead of in front of the library. The door suddenly opened, people slowly going out of the room. Finally, Jimin saw Mrs Choi coming towards him, talking with Jungkook who smiled at him.

“Hi, Jungkook. Hello Mrs Choi.” Jimin said, smiling at Jungkook and bowing to the teacher.

“Hello Jimin. You know Jungkook?” Mrs Choi asked, surprised.

“Yes, we met yesterday.” Jungkook replied. “He told me that he has the same problem that I had last semester.” He added.

“Yeah, he does. I think I have an idea.” Mrs Choi said, turning to Jungkook. “Do you have some time to come with us, Jungkook?” she asked.

“Yes, of course.” Jungkook said, looking as confused as Jimin at the teacher’s request.

They all walked to Mrs Choi’s office in complete silence, the two boys wondering what would the teacher tell them.

“Here, enter.” Mrs Choi said, opening the door to her office and gesturing towards two chairs in front of her desk.

Jimin and Jungkook sat down and waited for the teacher to do the same.

“Well, have you brought your drafts Jimin?” the teacher asked and Jimin nodded, getting his drafts out of his bag.

“Here.” He said, putting them on the desk in front of the teacher. She examined them for some time before smiling.

“They’re very good, Jimin. Really. Look at this one, Jungkook. It was the one he submitted to the contest last semester.” She said, handing a couple of sheets of paper to Jungkook.

The boy read the neatly written words and smiled before turning to Jimin.

“You got third place with this?” he asked, surprised.

“Well, yes? Is it that bad?” Jimin asked, blushing.

“You don’t get it, Jimin.” The teacher said and Jimin turned to look at her. “You have a real talent for writing. Jungkook here faced the same problem as yours last semester. I think that you can both learn a lot from each other and that’s why I want the both of you to work together.” Mrs Choi explained.

“What?!” both boys exclaimed at the same time.

“You heard me. I know that Jungkook is more into poetry but it will help you Jimin. Your writing style is very good but it lacks some density if you get what I mean. You need to make some things more dramatic. The story about this guy pulling an all-nighter thinking about life is very good but the fact that you left an open ending shows that you didn’t want to go till the end because you didn’t know if you wanted the end to be happy or not.” Mrs Choi said and Jimin nodded.

“You’re right. I can’t bring myself to go till the end. I don’t know how to end a story.” Jimin admitted.

“Jungkook will be able to help you with that. I’m sure of it.”

“I don’t think so. My issue was a bit different.” Jungkook intervened.

“Yes but you’ll be able to at least help Jimin give more consistence to his stories. Poetry is the key and you’re a poet, Jungkook. Look, I know that you’re both nervous about this and you don’t really know each other so let’s do a thing. You have five months left before you have to submit your works to me. I’ll give you around two weeks to try to make it work and if it doesn’t, we’ll try another solution.” Mrs Choi said, looking hopeful and determined.

“Okay, then. Let’s try.” Jungkook stated, to Jimin’s surprise. “Are you okay with it, Jimin?” he asked the boy.

“If you’re okay with it, I am too.”

“Great! I’m sorry but I have to leave now so let’s get out of here.” Said Mrs Choi.

They all got out of the office and the boys bowed to the woman before she turned around and left. Both boys stood in front of the office, unsure of what to say. As Jimin was about to talk, Jungkook sighed.

“Come with me.” He said, leading the way.

“Where are we going?” Jimin asked, following the taller.

“To my room. I’ll give you some poems to read.” Jungkook said, going down the stairs.

“Poems?” Jimin asked, a bit stressed.

“Yes. I write poems and I can assure you that there’s nothing better to ‘get in the feels’.” Jungkook said, looking at Jimin.

After 15 minutes of walking in complete silence, Jungkook finally opened the door to his room.

“Come on, everything is in my bedroom.” Jungkook said, Jimin following him. He was curious to see how was the other’s room like.

There was a simple bed with a nightstand beside it with a book on it. There were some pictures of what Jimin assumed to be Jungkook’s family and friends but also some pictures of the beach. The walls were painted a very light shade of purple which Jimin found quite suiting Jungkook and appeasing. In front of the bed was standing a bookcase full of books. There were novels that Jimin had read but mostly volumes of poetry. Some comics could also be seen and it made Jimin smile.

“Your room is cool.” Jimin said, smiling to Jungkook.

“I find it kinda bland but thanks.” Jungkook replied, searching through the bookcase. “Ha!” he exclaimed when he finally found what he was searching for.

“Come here.” He said, sitting on his bed and tapping the space beside him.

Jimin made his way to the bed and sat on it, leaving a reasonable distance between him and the other boy.

Les Fleurs du Mal by Charles Baudelaire. One of the best volumes of poetry I’ve ever read. There are different section and in each are a lot of poems. Some are about love, others about the society. He was French and particularly in love with Paris. The first part of the book is mainly about how sad and nostalgic he is that the city he loves so much has changed but he also talks about other things. His writing is clear and understandable even if you’re not a big fan of poetry. I think that it could help you to write something more intense.” Jungkook explained.

Jimin didn’t really listen to anything Jungkook had said because he was too busy admiring how his eyes sparkled when he talked about something he loved. He still nodded and took the book the boy was handing him.

“Thanks, I’ll read it.”

“You shouldn’t just read it. You need to feel it. That’s the only way you’ll be able to write. Trust me.” Jungkook said and Jimin nodded.

“I’ll do so, then. Thanks.” Jimin said.

“You’re welcome.” Jungkook answered and an uncomfortable silence took place.

“Well…” Jimin began. “I should go and begin to ‘feel’ the book. See you later.” Jimin said and made his way to the door.

“Wait!” Jungkook exclaimed and Jimin looked at him. “Would you like to eat lunch with me tomorrow? If you’re free?” Jungkook asked, surprising Jimin and himself. He blushed and began to fidget with the hem of his shirt. Jimin smiled.

“Of course. Text me when and where tomorrow, okay? See ya~” Jimin replied and left the room, leaving a blushing and short on breath Jungkook sitting on his bed.

 

The next day

Jungkook was sitting at a table in a far corner of the cafeteria, waiting for Jimin. It’s seriously the first time in his whole life that he’s been waiting for anyone ever. He didn’t understand why he was there, why he had asked Jimin to meet up for lunch, why he wanted to eat lunch at all, he never eats lunch, he’s too stressed to eat at uni. He doesn’t get himself and just as he had decided to get up and leave, he saw Jimin enter the cafeteria, spotting him immediately and walking towards him.

Jungkook couldn’t help but notice how the room lighted up when Jimin entered, how everyone turned to look at him, waving his way and Jimin returning the wave with a pretty smile. But those little smiles couldn’t compare to the one Jimin offered Jungkook, making the latter feel all weird in his stomach and taking his breath away for a couple of seconds.

“Hi, Jungkookie!” Jimin exclaimed, sitting down next to Jungkook.

“H-Hi. How are you?” Jungkook asked, stuttering to try to gain his breath back.

“Good! I began to read Les Fleurs du Mal yesterday and you were right, it’s easy to read.” Jimin said, getting a lunch box out of his backpack.

“I’m glad. And what did you think of the poems?” Jungkook asked, trying not to look at Jimin’s lunch.

“They are very good. But my favourite is ‘Man and the Sea’ (L’homme et la mer). I liked its rhythm and the message it conveyed. It tells us that they are one and the same in some way.” Jimin answered before shoving food in his mouth.

As he was eagerly eating, he noticed that Jungkook wasn’t eating anything.

“Why aren’t you eating anything?” Jimin asked, concerned.

“O-oh, I never eat in the cafeteria because it makes me nervous. I’m always eating in my room alone or with Namjoon.” Jungkook explained, embarrassed. “I know it sounds stupid-”

“No. It’s not stupid. Come on.” Jimin said, closing his lunch box and getting up.

“Where are you going?” Jungkook asked, confused.

“We’re going to your room so you can eat too.” Jimin said, extending his hand.

Jungkook looked at Jimin in complete surprise and grabbed his hand. They got out of the cafeteria and walked towards the dorms.

“So, Jungkookie, what is your favourite poem?” Jimin asked, once they were sitting on Jungkook’s couch.

“I really like ‘The Albatross’ (L’Albatros) in the section you’re currently reading. It’s also one of my favourites from the whole collection.” Jungkook said, standing up and walking to the kitchen to grab his sandwich.

“Is this all you’re going to eat?” Jimin asked and Jungkook nodded, taking a bite of his sandwich. “That’s unacceptable. Here, have some kimchi fried rice with me. I made it myself.” Jimin said, pushing his lunch box in front of Jungkook and giving him a spare spoon (Taehyung liked to eat Jimin’s food).

“Thanks.” Jungkook shyly whispered and took a bite. His eyes became bigger for a second and he smiled after swallowing. “It’s really good! You really cooked it yourself?”

“Of course. I’m glad you like it. We should eat lunch together more often, I can’t accept the fact that you only eat a sandwich for lunch every day. I’ll make sure to make food for two now, just tell me what you prefer and I’ll prepare it for you tomorrow.” Jimin said, smiling widely at Jungkook.

“No, no, no, don’t do that. I don’t wanna bother you and I’m totally okay with only eating a sandwich.” Jungkook said, blushing from Jimin’s words but also his smile.

“Maybe you are but I’m not. I’ve already made my mind anyway, we’ll eat together every day and that’s it.” Jimin said, taking a spoonful of his rice.

“But I eat with Namjoon hyung sometimes.”

“I’d love to meet him. If you and I are going to be friends, I’d like to meet your roommate. I’d be able to ask him why he so poorly took care of you.” Jimin stated, frowning at the end of his sentence.

Jungkook giggled, finding Jimin cute with this frown on his face.

“I don’t need someone to take care of me, I’m not a baby.” He muttered, taking a bite of his sandwich.

“You obviously need someone to take care of you if you think a sandwich per day is going to keep you alive.” Jimin said, sticking his tongue out at Jungkook.

Jungkook pouted and they finished their meal – Jimin forcing Jungkook to eat from his lunch to – before going their separate ways.

Jimin was sitting in the library when he felt his phone vibrate.

Taetae

Yo babe~

Jimin

Hey, wassup

TaeTae

Where are you? I miss you~

Jimin

I’m sorry Tae, I’ve been busy and you too I know

Moreover, I’ve been working hard to be Jungkook’s friend

 I also got to talk with Mrs Choi about my essays

She wants me to work with Jungkook to solve my issue

TaeTae

I know but that’s how it is

That’s great! you’ll become closer

And you’ll solve your issue

Jimin

Well, I hope so at least

TaeTae

You never answered me

Where are you?

Jimin

I’m in the library, working on that thing

TaeTae

Okay I’ll join you

Wait for me

Jimin

‘kay I’m in my usual spot

 

Five minutes later, Taehyung was sitting next to Jimin, editing photos on his laptop for his portfolio. He took a break and looked at Jimin.

“What are you reading?” he asked.

“Poetry. Jungkook said it’s the best to ‘get in the feels’. He gave me one of his favourite books.” Jimin explained.

“That’s cute. You’ve just met and he already lends you his most cherished possession.” Taehyung said, earning a punch from Jimin.

“Dumb*ss. It’s not like that. Mrs Choi asked for his help so he does what he’s asked for. Nothing more, nothing less.”

“But you feel something more for him, right?”

“Maybe I do but that doesn’t matter. I need to work on those essays and for that, I need to read poetry. And I only want to be friends with Jungkook.”

“For the moment. But I can tell you like him or you wouldn’t be here, trying to be his friend. You’re not the type of guy to go and try to be friends with everyone.”

“Yes, that’s more a you type of thing to do.” Jimin said, snickering.

“And I can tell he likes you too. He’s usually the shy type and doesn’t post much on social medias but he’s been posting a lot lately on Instagram.” Taehyung said, ignoring Jimin’s comment.

Jimin sighed and rolled his eyes before resuming on reading whereas Taehyung took a few moments to look around the library before resuming on his work too.

But Jimin couldn’t read anymore. He was thinking about Taehyung’s words. He kinda knew he liked Jungkook already, as crazy as it may seem, and it really confused him because he didn’t know the guy at all. Yes, Jungkook was really sweet and cute and shy and adorable and smart, he was totally Jimin’s type. But was Jimin Jungkook’s type? Jimin didn’t know and he wasn’t sure he wanted to know or not. He knew he couldn’t confess, and he wasn’t planning to, but he thought he could work on his feelings and try to see if Jungkook was attracted to him, even just a little bit.

That night, Jimin couldn’t sleep, he kept on reading the poems, thinking of Jungkook.

 

One week later

“Where is that child? I’m going to kill him.” Namjoon said, making Jimin giggle.

“Hyung, calm down, he probably just woke up.” Jimin said, looking around the cafeteria. “There he is!” he exclaimed, waving to Jungkook.

Jungkook was wearing sweat pants and a grey hoodie, the hood covering his messy long hair. He sat down next to Jimin and the latter couldn’t help but quietly inhale his scent.

“You took a shower?” he asked, taking his lunch box out.

“Yep. How did you know?” asked the taller, yawning.

“You smell like soap, Jungkook.” Namjoon said, looking furiously at the younger. “And it didn’t help one bit, you’re still sleepy as hell.”

“I didn’t take a shower to wake up, I took one to feel clean.” Jungkook said and Jimin giggled as Namjoon rolled his eyes.

“Here Kookie, take a bite.” Jimin said, handing his spare spoon to Jungkook.

“Tae isn’t coming today?” he asked before taking a bite of Jimin’s kimchi jjigae.

“Nope, he has to finish his portfolio so he stayed at the dorms today.” Jimin said, smiling as Jungkook showed him a thumb up, meaning that the food was good.

“Poor boy, he’s really working hard.” Namjoon said.

“We know you respect him a lot, no need to tell us.” Jungkook said and Namjoon hit him on the head. “Ow! It hurts!” Jungkook whined, rubbing his head.

“If you learned some respect and punctuality, you wouldn’t suffer.” Namjoon said, beginning to eat his bibimbap.

“Well, until then, you'll have to bear with me.” Jungkook said and if looks could kill, Jungkook would have been dead. “Anyway, how’s the book I gave you?” Jungkook asked, turning to Jimin who was chewing his food deliciously.

“It’s great. I really like French poetry. But I must admit that I preferred Les Fleurs du Mal. This one… Le Silence de la Mer is kinda harder.”

“I told you it would be harder and Vercors is hard to read, even for me.” Jungkook said. “Are you at least getting some feels?”

“Of course, when I get what he’s trying to say. In fact, I tried to rewrite the story I submitted to the contest last semester and I feel that the new version is better.” Jimin said, a bit embarrassed.

“That’s great! I’d like to read it. If you want me to, of course.” Jungkook said, flashing his bunny smile at Jimin who felt butterflies in his stomach.

“O-oh, yeah, why not? But I’m not even at the half of it, so, yeah. You’ll have to wait a bit.”

“I’ll wait, take your time.” Jungkook said and Namjoon rolled his eyes.

“You’re too sweet. Stop this.” He muttered, resuming on eating, leaving the two boys blushing.

When they finished their lunch, they all went their own way, Jungkook and Jimin telling each other that they’ll meet again at the end of the day in Jimin’s room.

 

At the end of the day

“So, you tell me that Jungkook is coming? Alone?” Taehyung said, wiggling his eyebrows.

“It’s not a date, Tae. We’re going to talk about the books and my writing process.” Jimin said, trying to clean the mess.

“But still, you’ll be alone the both of you.”

“You can stay if you want, I don’t mind. Or you can go hang out with Yoongi. He’ll surely be happy to see you.”

“Maybe I’ll go see him so you can be alone with Jungkook.”

“Why would I want to be alone with Jungkookie? It’s not a date, we’re going to work.

“Yeah, yeah. And I don’t like Yoongi.”

“Ugh, you’re so annoying.” Jimin said and someone knocked on the door. “Go open the door, dumb*ss.” He muttered and Taehyung did as he was told.

In front of the door was standing Jungkook, looking as cute as ever with his long fluffy black hair and his grey hoodie.

“Hi, Kook!” Taehyung said, letting Jungkook in.

“Hi, Tae. How are you?” Jungkook asked, hugging Tae.

“I’m exhausted but my portfolio is done.”

“I’m happy for you. You worked hard.”

“Thanks, bud. Well, that’s not everything but I have plans with my boyfriend.” Taehyung said and got out of the room, without even saying goodbye to Jimin.

“Such an a*shole. I'm his soulmate and he goes away without telling me goodbye. I hate him.” Jimin said, pouting before sitting down on the sofa.

“Stop being a whiny baby. He'll be back, eventually.” Jungkook said, sitting besides Jimin.

It wasn't the first time they were alone but Jungkook felt something different today. He felt like something would happen. He didn't know what, he didn't know if it would be good or bad but he felt it.

“So, let's get to work, should we?” Jungkook asked and Jimin nodded.

“Do you have what I asked you for?” Jimin asked.

“Yeah. I'm a bit embarrassed but I've got them.”

“Okay. Can we eat something before beginning though? I was busy with cleaning up so I haven't eaten yet.”

“Yeah, let's eat. What have you got?” Jungkook asked, following Jimin who had gotten up and walked to the kitchen.

“You're already used to me feeding you, aren't you? We've got kimbap here. I made them myself and they are vegetarians.” Jimin stated, taking out of the fridge a little box in which the said kimbap were.

Jungkook smiled when Jimin turned around, almost letting the food fall from his hands shocked of the almost inexistent space between him and the taller. His face turned as red as a tomato and he chuckled, quickly putting a decent distance between the both of them.

“Let’s go eat, Jungkookie.” Jimin said, grabbing two pairs of chopsticks and going to the living.

Jungkook was still trying to slow down his heartbeat as he sat down next to Jimin who had already put a whole kimbap in his mouth. Jungkook grabbed the chopsticks and looked at Jimin happily chewing his food. He smiled at the cute view and realised that he was probably a bit more infatuated than he thought.

“You said they were vegetarians? Why?” he asked, patiently waiting for Jimin to swallow.

“Because meat was too expensive when I went grocery shopping during the week-end.” Jimin simply stated, smiling.

“Thanks for your hard work.” Jungkook said and, imitating Jimin, he put a whole kimbap in his mouth.

They ate while talking about this and that, forgetting all about university, assignments and other stressful things. When they finished, Jimin washed the chopsticks and the little box in which he had put the kimbap before returning to sit on the couch with Jungkook.

“So, let’s begin.” Jungkook said and took a black notebook out of his backpack. “This is where I write all my poems. There’s a difference between how I used to write before I had a talk with Mrs Choi and after that. I don’t know if you’ll be able to see the difference, to be honest, but you asked for them so, here they are.” Jungkook explained, giving Jimin a shy smile at the end as he handed him the notebook.

“Thanks, I know it means a lot for you.” Jimin said, carefully taking the notebook.

“I hope it’ll help you. That’s all I wanna do, help you to get over your issue.” Jungkook said and Jimin gave him a wide smile before opening the notebook and beginning to read.

Some minutes went by in silent, Jimin reading and Jungkook staring at him. Every time Jimin would turn a page, Jungkook would look at him, searching for any emotion on his face, in vain.

Fifteen minutes later, Jimin looked at Jungkook, blushing as the latter was intensely looking at him.

“You said that I may not be able to see the difference. You were wrong. It's very obvious. So, so obvious it amazes me.” Jimin said in a quiet voice, breaking the eye contact.

“Really?” Jungkook asked and Jimin nodded. “How did it change?”

“It looks like you kinda just wrote what came to your mind instead of thinking it first. It feels rawer than what you wrote before. It’s... beautiful.” Jimin said, almost whispering the last word.

Jimin suddenly made eye contact with Jungkook. It was like something woke up inside of Jungkook, he stared at Jimin’s lips and leaned down. His lips were now so close to Jimin’s, they were breathing in sync. He looked at Jimin’s eyes and when he saw him close his eyes, he made both of their lips collide. It was a soft kiss, just their lips touching, no tongue, no biting, no nothing. Just the mere touch of their lips taking their breaths away. They stayed long seconds like this, revelling in this simple act, not wanting it to end but the need for air being too necessary.

They detached their lips and looked at each other for some time, both of them blushing.

“I-I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me...” Jungkook began.

“It's okay. To be honest, I've wanted to do it for quite some time already.” Jimin admitted, giggling nervously.

“O-Oh. I’m relieved then.” Jungkook said before realising what he had said and blushing. “I-I mean… I wanted to kiss you too.” He said, his voice becoming a whisper as he went on with his sentence.

“You’re cute.” Jimin stated and giggled as Jungkook blushed even more. “I’d love to go on with our conversation but maybe we should finish what we’re working on and then talk about everything?” he asked in his sweet voice.

“Yes. I guess we should do that.”

“So, I’m ready to let you read what I’ve been working on which is, as you know, the story about that man all alone in his apartment, thinking about life. If you still wanna read it, of course.”

“Of course I still want to.” Jungkook said and Jimin took his laptop out.

He opened a word document and gave the laptop to Jungkook.

“I don’t know if it’s good but I prefer this version to the other one.” Jimin shyly said.

“That’s all that matters.” Jungkook said and began to read.

While Jungkook was reading, Jimin decided to make some tea to distract himself. As he was waiting for the water to boil, he looked over to where Jungkook was reading, his tongue between his teeth in concentration. Jimin couldn’t believe that he had kissed Jungkook. It was so unreal. He brought his fingers to his lips but just when he was about to touch them, Jungkook looked at him. Jimin quickly adverted his gaze, suddenly realising that the water was done boiling. He made two cups of pomegranate tea and went back to sit next to Jungkook.

“So?” he asked, handing a cup to Jungkook. The latter looked at him, smiling.

“It’s great. I liked the other version too but this one is so much better. Especially the part when he thinks about his girlfriend and their baby. When I read how he’s feeling at the moment, I feel it too, I’m not trying to imagine how he might be feeling. That’s exactly what we need to show Mrs Choi!” Jungkook excitedly said before taking a sip of the tea.

“You really think so?” Jimin asked, hesitantly looking at Jungkook. “I’m a bit embarrassed.”

“You don’t have to. It’s really beautiful. Once you’ll finish it, it’ll be perfect.” Jungkook said, beaming at Jimin.

Jimin took a long sip of his tea, burning his tongue but he could really care less when Jungkook smiled at him like that, when he looked at him like that. Like he was the most precious thing in the world. Like he deserved everything, like he was the one and only person that mattered for Jungkook. Like Jungkook was madly in love with him. Jungkook’s eyes were shining so bright and his hair looked so smooth and Jimin just had to put his cup down and kiss him once more.

Jungkook was taken aback but he quickly reciprocated the kiss. He couldn’t understand how he ended up here, kissing Jimin, how his kisses could make him so happy, so excited. He let his hands go to his nape, wanting to be a bit closer and parted his lips a bit, on Jimin’s lower lip softly. Jimin released a sigh and parted his lips too, on Jungkook’s lips, asking for entrance. Jungkook smiled a bit and let Jimin’s tongue in his mouth, butterflies erupting in his stomach. He shivered as he felt Jimin’s hands go up from his shoulders to his nape and tangle in his hair. They separated for a short time, enough for Jimin to sit on Jungkook’s lap. They went back to kissing, Jimin’s hands going back to his hair and Jungkook’s hands grabbing Jimin’s hips firmly. Things quickly got heated as Jimin rolled his hips once, twice, thrice and Jungkook decided it was time to stop when he felt himself getting hard. He reluctantly pulled away, admiring how beautiful Jimin looked, his pupils dilated, his face and lips red.

“I think we should stop or I won’t be able to stop. Ever.” Jungkook said, half-joking, half-serious.

“Okay.” Jimin said, giggling and sitting back next to Jungkook.

“Maybe we should talk about this.” Jungkook stated.

“Well, it’s simple. I like you and you like me. We like each other.” Jimin said, matter of factly.

“Yes. But we don’t really know each other yet. You haven’t seen me in my worst days and neither have I seen you during those days.”

“You’re right.” Jimin said, apparently thinking hard for some moments. “Maybe we should take everything slow and see where it’s going. Let’s not rush.” Jimin said, and Jungkook took his hand.

“I like the sound of that.” He said, beaming.

“I just have one request.” Jimin said and Jungkook nodded. “I still wanna kiss you. And I want cuddles, right now.”

“Everything you want.” Jungkook said, kissing Jimin on the cheek. He took him up bridal style, making Jimin laugh out loud and brought him to his room, making him lay down and spooning him.

 

Some days later

“Come in, the classroom is free for the next hour so we can sit here.” Mrs Choi said as she saw Jimin and Jungkook waiting in front of the classroom some third years were going out of.

“I hope you worked well and that Jimin was able to improve his writing.” She said, smiling at Jimin.

“I did my best. Jungkook was of great help, just like you thought.” Jimin said, taking his laptop out and opening the same word document he had been working on for the past week and putting it in front of Mrs Choi.

“No, he’s very talented. I just helped him with the feelings, that’s all.” Jungkook said and Mrs Choi began to read.

While she was reading, Jimin was very nervous, his hands trembling from the nervousness. Discreetly, Jungkook took his hand and squeezed it to try to reassure him.

Minutes passed and after what felt like forever, Mrs Choi looked up from the laptop.

“Wow.” She said in a little voice. “It felt like a whole other story. It’s really good, I don’t know if you can see it Jimin, but you improved a lot. I’m very proud of you.” She looked at Jimin and he was shocked to see tears in her eyes.

“I’m– I don’t know what to say. Thank you. Thank you so much.”

“I think you have to thank Jungkook. He made you read his poems, right?” she said after clearing and Jungkook nodded. “Always so full of yourself.” She joked. “It shows. I can’t really explain it but as a literature lover and since I know the both of you really well, I can see it. It was a great idea.”

“Thank you.” Jungkook said, touched.

“Now, Jimin, I want you to write a beautiful story for the end of the semester. With your new found inspiration–” she looked over to Jungkook “–I’m sure it won’t be hard.” She said and both boys blushed, embarrassed. “It can be about whatever you want, I don’t care. I’ll only judge the writing anyway.”

“I’ll try not to disappoint you.” Jimin said, bowing to the teacher as she got up.

“You could never. Well, I’ll see you in my next class.” She said and got out of the classroom.

When she was out, Jimin still looked dazed, not understanding what just had happened. He suddenly turned to Jungkook and saw him smiling. His eyes widened and he hit him on the arm.

“That’s so embarrassing! She understood right away that something was going on between us, I can’t believe it!” he exclaimed, absolutely mortified and hiding his face in Jungkook’s chest.

“It’s okay. Everyone will know at some point anyway.” Jungkook stated, caressing Jimin’s hair.

“What do you mean?” asked Jimin, looking up at the taller.

“Well, I don’t know about you but I really want you to be my boyfriend. Once you’ll be ready, of course.” Jungkook said, making Jimin blush.

“I want to be your boyfriend too…” Jimin quietly said but Jungkook still heard it and kissed the top of Jimin’s head.

“Let’s go now, I wanna eat with you before my photography class.” Jungkook said, taking Jimin’s hand and dragging him to the cafeteria.

“The cafeteria?” Jimin asked as they got in line.

“Yes. I want to eat here today. With you. Oh, look, Taehyung is coming our way!”

Jimin looked over Jungkook’s shoulder and, as expected, he saw Taehyung walking towards them.

“Hi lovebirds~ How did the meeting with Mrs Choi went?” he asked, getting in line as well.

“It was great! She really liked Jimin’s story and she’s expecting the best story ever for the end of the semester.” Jungkook explained.

“Don’t say it like that, it makes me nervous.” Jimin complained.

“You’ll write the best story, I know it. We all know it.” Taehyung said, ruffling Jimin’s hair.

“I hope so. Anyway, how’s it going with Yoongi?” Jimin asked.

“It’s going well. We went on a coffee date yesterday, it was sweet.” Taehyung said,

“I’d like to meet him, he seems cool.” Jungkook stated.

By the end of the conversation, they had all filled their tray with food. They went to sit at a table near the entrance of the cafeteria and began to eat. Ten minutes later, Namjoon entered the cafeteria, not spotting them immediately. Jungkook had to scream his name so he could finally see them and walked to their table.

“Hi guys. How are you?” he asked, sitting down next to Taehyung.

“We’re fine. Aren’t you going to eat?” Jimin asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

“I already ate, I was just bored.” Namjoon answered, showing receipts to Jimin.

“I thought you weren’t going to eat at all.” Jimin said, glaring at Namjoon.

“Don’t look at me like that. I haven’t been skipping any meals since you scolded me about the way I let Jungkook eat whatever he wants.” Namjoon said, beginning to eat with a pout on his face.

“What? What do you mean he scolded you?” Taehyung asked, amused.

“I did not scold him.” Began Jimin. “I just let him know that the way him and Jungkook used to eat wasn’t healthy at all.” He simply explained.

“You’re such a mom.” Taehyung said, laughing. “Anyway, Jungkook-ah, the photography class was postponed to tomorrow. Mr Lee had an emergency, his wife just gave birth to her baby so, as he was rushing to the exit, he caught me and told me to tell everyone.”

“That’s great! It means I can spend more time with Jiminie!” Jungkook excitedly said. “You don’t have classes later, right?”

“Well, no. What do you wanna do?”

“Whatever is fine. We could just chill in my room or something. If it’s okay with you, of course.” Jungkook said, smiling so wide that it made Jimin blush.

“I wanna take you somewhere, if you don’t mind.” Jimin said, blushing even more and looking at Taehyung who winked at him.

Jungkook didn’t notice but Namjoon did and squinted at them.

“I’d love that, honey.”

“Oh my god, stop being so damn cheesy! I can’t stand it, I feel like vomiting right now.” Taehyung exclaimed, gagging.

They all finished eating and went their own way.

“So, where are you taking me?” Jungkook excitedly asked.

“It’s a surprise. I hope you’ll like it, it’s the first time I bring someone there.” Jimin said, getting a bit shy.

“Ooh, I’m even more excited.” Jungkook said, clapping his hands and getting in Jimin’s car. “Your car is great, I like it.”

“Thanks. I don’t use it that much since I live on campus but I like to go on weekends with Tae and since I don’t trust him, I’m always the one driving.” Jimin explained, starting the engine.

“I should drive you someday. For a date or something.” Jungkook said, making Jimin blush.

“Yeah.” Jimin whispered, smiling.

Thirty minutes later, they were entering a building, Jimin saying hello to almost everyone.

“Where are we? And how do you know every single person here?” Jungkook asked as they got in the elevator.

“This building is full of recording studios. For professional singers and amateurs. Like me.”

“Don’t tell me you own one!”

“Okay, I won’t tell you.” Jimin said, giggling as Jungkook looked at him with wide eyes.

“It must cost a lot! How can you afford it?”

The elevator’s doors opened and they got out.

“Yoongi, Taehyung’s boyfriend, is one of my very close friends. I was the one to introduce them to each other. To thank me, Yoongi lets me use a studio here anytime I want for free. But it’s still mine though. He pays for it but I’m the only one that can use it. I sometimes let Tae use it, he’s a wonderful singer.” Jimin said, pushing a door with ‘ChimChim’ written on it.

“Wait…” Jungkook said, entering the door behind Jimin and sitting down on the little sofa that was there. “Why are we here?” he asked as Jimin took his jacket and jewellery off.

Jimin looked at him and flashed one of his ravishing eye-smiles before brushing his hair back and getting inside the recording booth.

“Jungkookie, could you press on the play button in front of the computer?” Jimin asked and Jungkook nodded, getting up and pressing on the button.

Jimin began to sing and Jungkook could have sworn that he had never heard something as beautiful in his whole life. He thought that if angels could sing, they would sound like that. He then tried to focus and listen to the lyrics.


When you called me
I became your flower

As if we were waiting
We bloom until we ache


Maybe it’s the providence of the universe
It just had to be that

You know, I know
You are me, I am you

 

Jungkook was very touched by Jimin’s present. He loved the lyrics and he was surprised to see that they were thinking the same. They completed each other perfectly, as if made for each other. As Jungkook felt his eyes filling up with tears, he tried to stop them by closing his eyes and making eye contact with Jimin, beaming to him.

“I love you.” Jimin said when he was done singing.

It had been a lot for him to prepare everything after he finally admitted to himself that he loved Jungkook. He had late night talks with Taehyung countless times and he was so thankful for his best friend, he could never thank him enough for being there for him any time.

“I know it can be scary because it’s barely been some days and we agreed to take things slow, but I really love you, I’ve never felt like this before and it takes me a lot to say those words right now, I’m literally trembling so much.” Jimin said, letting out a nervous giggle.

Jungkook laughed and got up, getting inside the booth. He walked straight to Jimin, took one of his hands, put his other hand behind his head and kissed him full on the lips.

Jimin felt himself melt right then, all the tension he had felt since they had entered the building disappearing. He reached for Jungkook’s waist and pulled him as close as possible. They kissed sweetly like this for some moments before Jungkook broke the kiss.

“I love you too. I think I’ve loved you since the first time you talked to me and invited me to eat in my own room.” Jungkook said, giggling. “You were the first person who first came and talked to me other than Namjoon hyung and it meant a lot to me that you wanted to become my friend. I never thought of myself like someone cool or funny to hang out with. I’ve always been shy and quiet, not really the kind of friend people search for, especially in college. And you made me meet new people, which I’m grateful for. You totally changed my life and I let you do so freely. I love you so much.”

Jimin pecked Jungkook on the lips and hugged him tight.

“I was so scared it wasn’t mutual. I love you so much too, Jungkookie. Thanks for being you.”

 

 

By the end of the semester, Jimin and Jungkook had become the cheesiest couple ever. Always hugging, kissing, holding hands and giving each other gross cute nicknames, Taehyung and Namjoon were sick of them. More often than not, they would ignore them at lunch because they couldn’t bear seeing them look at each other with heart eyes while they were missing their own significant other.

Jimin had written the most perfect story, receiving full marks in creative writing. He was so happy and Jungkook was even happier. They celebrated in their own way, just the both of them and then threw a party with their friends.

That night, as Jimin was huddled in Jungkook’s arms who was already asleep, he thought back to the day he met Jungkook and remembered that it was all thanks to Taehyung. Sighing deeply, he grabbed his phone and unlocked it.

 

Jimin

‘I hate you.’

TaeTae

‘Thanks but why?’

Jimin

‘Because you’re the best friend I could ever wish for.’

TaeTae

‘Aww baby, thanks! But why all of a sudden?’

Jimin

‘Because it was thanks to you that I had to use Jungkook’s notes.’

‘It was thanks to you that we met, became friends and fell in love.’

TaeTae

‘You’re welcome, my other nickname is cupid.’

Jimin

‘Okay, it’s too much now. Good night.’

TaeTae

‘Sweet dreams.’

Jimin

‘I love you by the way.’

TaeTae

‘I know. I love you too.’

 

Jimin smiled and turned his phone off, receiving a kiss on his cheek.

“Sorry, did I wake you up?” he asked, turning around and nuzzling into Jungkook’s chest.

“No, I felt you weren’t sleeping. Who were you texting?”

“Tae. I remembered he made me arrive late the day we met so I thanked him.”

“You did well.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

They kissed and fell asleep in each other’s embrace.


Leave comments please !!!