one

Life as Mr. Jung's Secretary

"Huh? The chairman?" your eyes widened in surprise. The whole office becomes silent and you can feel all of your co-workers' attention on you. "Yeah, he wants to see you." the man in a suit standing infront of you repeats. You gulp as you gaze around, checking other people's reaction to see whether it's a good sign or a bad one. Now this is an extremely rare occasion. You've never spoken to the chairman one on one. Heck, none of the office staff have. The only chance you get to see him is in staff meetings three times a year. There are only a couple of reasons as to why the chairman would want to speak to the staff; if they have done something spectacular for the company or if they screwed up big time. And you're praying hard that it's not the second one. "Please follow me." the man says as he walks away. You quickly adjust your blouse and dust off your skirt. " ." you mumble quitely to yourself as you follow the man towards the elevator. 

The elevator slowly takes both of you up to the fourtyseventh floor. You rock back and forth on your heels as you fiddle with your fingers. You're so nervous and it totally shows. "Am I in trouble?" you abruptly look at the guy standing next to you, in hopes that he'll say no. He gazes at you and shrugs. "I don't know." he simply replies. "Aishh." you start tapping your right foot as you watch the numbers above the elevator door counting up. "What have I done? Did I do something wrong?" you mutter as you cup your face, trying to think back to last week. You submitted every report due this week already and you surely clocked in on time everyday. You didn't miss any work day and you didn't show up drunk to work. "So there shouldn't be a problem... right?" you mumble, trying to calm yourself down. A sudden ding makes your heart jump in instant. Your gaze shifts up to the number above the door as it displays the number "47". The door slowly opens, revealing a huge hallway with chandeliers hanging above it. The man steps out and starts walking. "Let's go." he says and you quickly follow him. 

Both of you stop in front of a giant door. You clench both of your palms as you in a deep breath. "Calm down ____-ah, calm down." you think to yourself. You swear your heart could burst right now. Maybe you just wasted three years of your life working in this place because of a stupid mistake that you did and you're unaware of it. The Jung Corporation is one of the biggest company in Korea and you take pride in your work. Not to mention that you spent four years going to college to get a job in this company. So it means the whole world to you. You adjusted your blouse for the second time and tuck your hair behind your ears. The man then knocks a couple of times and wait a moment for an answer. "Come in," a voice calls out. He then pushes the door open and gestures. "After you," he says. 

You nod slightly as you plaster a smile on your face and step into the room. Your eyes immediately dazzle at the huge chandeliers hanging above the room coated in cream colored paint with marbled floors. The sound of your heels clickling echoes in the office and shifts the older man's gaze toward you. "Good afternoon Mr. Chairman." You bow politely. "So you're ______?" he suddenly asks as he looks at you sternly. "Y-yes." you force out a smile as you try to keep your composure. "Sorry for taking your time from your work." he says. "Ah, no it's nothing. I only have a little bit of report to do." you let out an awkward laugh. The man then opens up a file and starts skimming through the pages. You can feel the tension in the air and the awkward atmosphere forming in the room. Your heart is beating rapidly and the fact that he's not saying anything now is not helping at all. The man sighs deeply as he closes the file. "Well then," he starts as he looks at you once again. "Congratulations _____. Your office is no longer on the tenth floor. You're moving to my son's office as his secretary starting tomorrow. I hope it's going to be an easy adjustment for you." he smiles warmly. "P-pardon me?" Your eyes widened after hearing the words that came out of your boss' mouth. You're trying to let his words sink in but it was too much information at once. Your brain isn't really working well right now. "Congratulations on your promotion _____. You deserve it." the chairman repeats, smiling at you. Your ears perk up instantly hearing the word "promotion" and you swear your heart could burst at any moment now. A wide smile appears on your lips as you try to keep your composure and not let your mouth hang open widely. "T-thank you so much Chairman Jung! It's an honor." you bow down politely, trying to contain your excitement. The older man smiles warmly at you.

**

You push the door open as the light turns on instantly. You take off your heels and immediately plop yourself down onto the couch. Today is probably one of the best days at work for you. Three years of hard work paid off. You stare at the ceiling above as you couldn't help but to smile. "Good job _____-ah!" you say to yourself as you pump your fist to the air in excitement.