SETLIST

SETLIST (ENGLISH)

HYESUNG POV

After the last meeting I had with Eric, he had gone abroad to record several variety shows, had been away a long time and never contacted me, which gave me the time to feel better, accept our destiny and end my feelings for him completely, or at least that's what I believed. The members had told me that whenever Eric called asked them how I was, because with them he had contact, and they always told him that I was fine, because in their eyes I was. That's why I was so surprised when I suddenly received a call from Eric. I didn't even know that he had returned to the country, but what surprised me the most was that, after all that time we had no contact, he asked me to meet us, because he wanted to tell me something important, and as I said that always I would be there to hear him, I accepted.

When I arrived at the restaurant where we would meet, I saw from the outside that although I arrived early, you were already there, waiting for me, as you always did when we were dating. Just seeing you made my heart flutter again and I realized that I still loved you too much and had not been able to forget you, my feelings had not changed a bit.

I went in and headed to the table where you were sitting. WHEN WE MET and our eyes met too, it scared me. Because although I accepted our destiny and accepted that we would only be friends, only you were able to see through me and I was sure that you would notice that although I said it and front the others I showed it, I still didn’t reach that SERENITY that I had told you and you would know that my feelings for you were still intact.

Seeing you still hurt a little, but I knew I had to work hard to be your best friend again, and as I had always promised to be there, when you needed me. We started to eat and little by little I relaxed and I could finally start talking to you more calmly, and with more confidence, until we got to how we were before, talking about meaningless things and enjoying the time we shared.

Once we finished eating, we decided to go for a walk to the nearby park to continue talking. We sat on a bench, but without speaking. When I turned to see you I noticed you strangely, and that worried me. What was that so important that you wanted to tell me? Had something happened to you while you were abroad? Had something happened during your absence and I didn't know?

After 5 minutes of silence you started talking

"You know, my marriage is not going well" So it was that, I let you continue "During my absence, although it was so long, we realized that we didn´t miss each other, we talked very rarely, we had short conversations and not at all loving, as if I was talking with another friend and not with my wife. But above all, with this separation we realized that we didn't love each other, that we made a mistake accepting that wedding, because we really weren't in love, we only did it because the pressure of our family and society" You paused to turn to see me. I just looked at you trying to control my emotions, I waited for you to continue "When I returned, we talked about our feelings and clarified them. We agreed to talk with our families and inform them that everything will end in just a few months. We are going to divorce"

That news surprised me so much, that I didn't know what to say, because at that time there was a struggle inside me, on the one hand I felt bad for both, because I wished they were happy forever, but on the other hand I was happy, because maybe, just maybe, we could have another chance. With much effort I managed to think coldly, leaving aside my feelings. So like his friend, I told him what I thought

"Are you sure? I think you should think about it, you should give themselves another chance, spend time together and maybe can fix the situation, realize how much love each other and don't have to separate"
But you shook your head immediately, with a calm face you said "There is no going back and it is already decided"

And I knew what was going to happen, once Eric decides something, there is nothing that makes him change his mind.

                                                                                   ******

That is how the months went by and your divorce was already over, during that time we had not spoken, I decided not to call you or see you to give you time because I knew how busy you would be and I didn’t want to be a nuisance to you, but deep down I was hoping you will look for me as soon as you finish the paperwork, because I wanted to believe that we could be together again, I hoped that you would want it too, that you would still love me as I do. But since you didn't do it, I was sad and disappointed. I suppose the possibility of returning with you did not exist, at that time my hopes had already died.

However, after a month without news of you, one night you surprised me, knocked on my door, I thought you were drunk but it was not. I let you in and there I was, willing to listen to you no matter what you wanted to talk about, because seeing you and having you here was enough to make me happy.
 
We sat in the living room, I offered you something but you shook your head, a silence suddenly fell making the atmosphere more awkward. Suddenly you started talking. "I'm sorry for not looking for you before, but I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do from now. I've been thinking that getting married without love was a terrible thing and that having done it just because of social pressure was the biggest mistake I made. I decided that I would not do that anymore, that no matter what they say I will live as I want, regardless of the 'what will they say'" My eyes widened, I was understanding well or it was only that silly hope that made me understand something different from what Eric meant. However he stood up, sat in front of me and continued
"I love you Hyesung, I never stopped loving you and I think I will always love you. When I was abroad I couldn't stop thinking about you, unlike my wife, that time without seeing you I missed you too much. I wanted to see you or talk to you so much, but I didn't do it because, after our last meeting before I left, I knew that if I did it I could alter you, you had already accepted our destiny and you saw me only like a friend, you could have overcome it, I didn't want to bother you or give you a load. However, seeing you again, I knew I couldn't take it anymore, and I realized that you still feel the same about me, I can see it in your eyes" he said, pointing out, "You know very well that you can't lie to me, so please Hyesung, tell me what you feel"

My eyes began to fill with tears, I had wished so much this that now the words didn’t come out of my mouth, I wanted to tell you that you were right, that like you, I had missed you too much, that I had never stopped loving you and that if I had shown so calm and strong, it was because I didn't want you to worry about me, because I wanted you to be happy, even if it wasn't with me. I wanted to tell you that I was also willing to live my life as I wanted without caring about anything and that I would accept what you wanted. Don’t was necessary tell you anything, apparently you had understood what I wanted to say and what I felt, because at that moment you hugged me very hard and kissed me, transmitting in that simple touch all our feelings that we had kept for so long. After a few seconds we parted, you looked me straight in the eye before saying.

"I want to PROPOSE something"

I was shocked when you said that word, 'Propose' my mind began to run and imagine something else, it was a word I had dreamed of since we started dating, however you only proposed that we be together again, to be a couple, you told me that we would face the entire world if was necessary to achieve our happiness. Despite the slight disappointment, I gladly accepted your proposal because it was what I had wanted since you told me about your divorce, to get back together. Now we would face anything to be happy.

                                                                                                                                             ******

A month after we back together, we were ready to announce our relationship, both to our families and to society, to the members were not necessary because as they always said they already knew we would end up together. "Chemistry says that water and oil don’t mix, that they always separate, but we knew that you guys, were the exception to the rule" was what they said when they knew that we back together

When we arrived at the restaurant where we would see our parents we were too nervous, I was even shaking, because I didn't know what to expect, we had never told them before that we were together and I was afraid of their reactions.

"HOLD MY HAND"  you told me just before we go in, "That is all I need to face everything that comes, I need to feel that strength that you have always given me, to know that you will be there for me and that you know that I will be there for you, no matter what happens. I need to feel that you will be by my side forever"

And there I was, by your side, holding your hand tightly, I would be by your side forever. I would never released you and I promised myself I would never let you go again, because YOU ARE in my heart and YOU ARE my whole life. In that instant I realized that I couldn’t continue my life without you.

                                                                                                                                      ******

It had been 3 months since we announced our relationship and now everything was better, our families had accepted us and society was gradually getting used to seeing us, and some didn't even care.

That week neither of us had schedules, so we would spend time together in my apartment. We were watching a movie, rather I was watching it because you were spacing and not paying attention to the TV.

"Are you okay?" I asked a little worried
"Yes, don't worry, I'm just thinking about something" ok, this time I will let it go.

I kept watching the movie that was my favorite, a romantic comedy but you were still distracted.

"If you don't want to watch the movie we can do something else, Do you want to play videogames?"
"No, it's fine, keep seeing it, looks like you like it a lot"
"Yes,  is my favorite, and the part I like more is coming" I said turning to the screen, because I didn't want to miss that part
 
I was very focused on the movie and right in my favorite part, with which I had dreamed all my life, when the male protagonist of the film was about to ask the female protagonist to marry with he, the television turn out, I thought it had been a blackout, but the lights were still on, I turned to see you and you were already standing with the remote in your hand, which surprised me because I didn't even realize when you stand up. I was about to claim you for turning it off when suddenly you knelt in front of me, that action confused me a lot, you should have noticed because immediately you showed me that smile that I liked so much and made my heart flutter, that smile that assured me that everything would be fine as long as we were together. I smiled back, but I didn't understand anything yet, suddenly you took out of your bag a little box that contained a silver ring, very discreet, but really BEAUTIFUL.

I was surprised, because I didn’t expect any of this, You were going to propose to me? I had the idea that we would continue as until now, no matter that there was no paper, that we didn’t have a rings or even that we did not live together, the important thing was that we were together and happy. Then you started talking

"Shin Hyesung, I know we can't get married here, so I want to ask you to make a commitment to do it, I don't know when, or where, but I hope someday we do it, I want to continue our love story, because our story is a UNFINISHED STORY"
"Yes, I accept" I didn't doubt it because I had promised myself that I would never let you go again.

You put the ring in my hand and I was really happy.

                                                                                                                                      ******

It had been a week since you gave me the ring, however we still lived apart, I thought that after that we would move together, but you never asked me to do it and I was too shy to ask for it.
One day while we walked along the beach, holding hands, you looked very nervous, so I worried again, I squeezed your hand to make you react, turned to see me and just smiled.
We sat on the seashore to enjoy the sunset that was beautiful, I couldn’t take my eyes off you, because you were still nervous, I didn’t know the reason and that worried me more, Something bad had happened?

"Are you Okay? Do you feel bad, does something hurt? ”
"I'm fine, don't worry, nothing hurts" you smiled
 
Suddenly you became serious and started talking,

"You know, after I gave you the ring, I regretted what I said, I thought about it and think it's better that we don't continue with our history."
"What did you say?!!" I thought I had heard wrong

I turned to you and gave you a sad look, tears gathering in my eyes

"What happen?" I asked. "Did you just play with me all this time? Did somebody say or do anything to make you regret about ours? Are you thinking going back to your ex-wife?" I dropped all the questions that were around my head, or well, almost all, were still one, but it was the one that scared me the most 'Or did you realize that you don't love me anymore and that's why you changed your mind?' when I was about to release that question you said.
"No, no and no. But I still believe it’s better that we not continue."

At that moment I closed my eyes and start to cry, I didn't care if people saw me, when I felt arms around me I opened my eyes, Eric was hugging me, he let me go until I calmed down a bit and began to wipe away tears from my cheeks

"Don't cry, listen to me first, please, I still think it's better not to continue like this" And he asks me not to cry, Really??!!  "What I want to say is... I want you to move with me, I don't want to continue our story like this, apart, I want to start a better and more beautiful love story, without sadness, without crying, without regret, but above all, without separations. I want to start a new love story and I want to start now, HERE, WHERE THE SUN GOES DOWN"

At the end of his words, I start to cry again, but this time it wasn’t tears of sadness, but of happiness, he immediately hugged me and I hugged him so hard that I was afraid he couldn’t breathe. Between sobs I was able to give him an answer

"Of course I agree to start this new story with you and I hope it will be as long as our lives" And if there was life after death, I expected it to continue there, because after the road we had to travel to get here, I never thought to leave you.