Final

Soon

“Bzzt…” Jungeun took out her vibrating phone and saw the time on it. Her face went pale in an instant, which was quickly picked up by the other party standing close to her. 

 

“Oh… It’s time’s up for us already huh?” Jinsoul shot a timid, but happy glance to the girl standing in front of her. 

 

“Well.. Thank you for your patronage, I’ll see you soon. Good-bye!” Jinsoul said her standard lines to the girl as she left the convenient store as quickly as she could. As her eyes started to drift off in the direction the girl customer went to, a cold chill went down her spine involuntarily. 

 

“Soon… Right..” She then stared down at her wristwatch and noticed the timing, not long before another customer’s voice caught her attention once more. 

 

---

 

“Hey, how is my little owl doing?” A man with his face blurred turned towards Jungeun, who hesitantly walked up to him. 

 

“I’m doing fine, what is your purpose in calling me here on this cold windy night?” Jungeun knew what she was getting, but still too afraid to ‘run’ from this beast who was soon going to devour her in one way or another. 

 

“Being doubtful of me lately dear.. Is it because of this new girl whom you started to hang out with?” He smirked knowingly, as his eyes stayed fixated on the young girl in the same area as him. 

 

“She’s just a friendly cashier I met on the way home.” Jungeun decided not to spill more details when she knew that this guy had done things worse you could ever imagine to them. 

 

“Aww… Are you perhaps protecting her identity from me?” Another sinister laugh came out from his lanky body while he slowly approached his ‘prey’ in a confident manner. 

 

“Cute.” His breath seemed to linger next to her ears longer than they should.

 

A few months ago, it would have been fine. But with how things played out now, she wasn’t sure of herself anymore. 

 

“Thanks for taking the time to come see me, baby owl. You know when our next appointment is right?” The guy snorted as he took his leave. 

 

“..Yes.” A nod was taken in silence as the picture was captured in the corner of the guy’s pupils. 

 

“Great, I’ll see you soon.” Footsteps left the young girl as she stood alone in the basement of an abandoned hospital. 

 

---

 

“A yellow full moon tonight… I hope nothing bad happens..” Jinsoul took one last look at her family portrait before heading to bed, who are all now deceased except for her. All for the cost of love. 

 

---

 

“Beep.. Beep..” Jinsoul diligently scanned through every single item in the basket before asking her customers for their payment preference. As she tapped on the screen with efficiency, a single flash of light on her right outside the glass door caught her attention for a split second. Perhaps afraid of his identity being found out at that moment, he hastily left and dropped the hand mirror while he disappeared behind the trees around him. 

 

“Who was that just now..” The cashier then left her phone behind in the drawer as she heeded the orders of her manager to stock up on more items in the store. The moment the girl left for her duties, the screens buzzed, slightly revealing a lunatic male smiling at the drawer just below the eye of the security cameras. 

 

---

 

When the girl came back, she first checked her belongings in the drawer. It was still there. 

 

“Oh, thank goodness no one took it. I spent months working overtime for that phone.” One last look on the phone screen granted a smile from the cashier girl. The lock screen was none other than the picture of the girl whom she likes, the same one who visits the store at 6.00 pm on every Wednesday. 

 

Today is a Wednesday as well, but there was no sign of her appearing just yet. And it’s about to hit the destined time soon. Feeling down, the cashier kept her phone as she noticed another customer walking up to her with goods in her basket. 

 

---

 

When her shift was over for the day, she waved goodbye to all her colleagues and started to head down the long alleyway towards her home. Amidst the silent road, a card laid on the ground under the bright street lamp had her attention. 

 

Nothing was on it except for the symbol ‘#’ printed in red. 

 

“What’s this?” Jinsoul stared at the card clueless before having her breath snitched by an unwelcoming presence behind her. 

 

“Time’s up for you too, hun..” A smile from the Reaper appeared as the girl slowly turned her body backward, facing the masked devil. As she stood frozen in her tracks, only one word came out from as she was whisked away into the darkness with the blurred guy. 

 

“Soo-