cab driver

my beautiful driver

Eunbi slammed her drink on the counter, splashing the liquid onto the table.
It was the only reasonable thing to do when you were heartbroken. Alchohol was her medicine.
The drink slid down easily, leaving behind a burning feeling. Her tears were already dry by the time she reached the bar so why was she still there?
Eunbi couldn't place her finger on it.

Perhaps it was the despair bottled up in her that did not want to have memories flash back.
Memories in her own bedroom. , she couldn't even return to her own home.
She could still feel the way Sojung's fingers left a mark on her. The way it grazed across her skin as if it was thin glass, ready to break.
Little did Eunbi know, Sojung was planning to break it.

It wasn't the fact that Sojung broke up her, no, it was the fact that Sojung claimed she never loved her. She wasn’t even crying when they broke up.
Tears were already threatening to fall btu Eunbi didn't- or couldn't let it happen. She didn't want to feel the pain again.
Taking another swig of her drink, Eunbi let out a heavy sigh as liquor spilled from and fell onto her white shirt.
She grabbed a napkin from a holder and dabbed the stain yet the color didn't vanish immediately.

"You look like you're having trouble." A husky but feminine voice stopped Eunbi's actions, looking up at the significantly taller woman.
Her long dark hair covered her forehead wispily as her lips were a dark red. But what caught Eunbi's attention was the woman's big and attentive eyes.
They were beautiful. It was sparkling in curiousity and a somewhat teasing glint. 
Eunbi didn't notice how the woman smiled before taking a seat next to her and already ordering a drink as she was too occupied with her eyes.

"oh... yeah, I guess." She responded softly, ripping her eyes away from the mystery woman.

"Use dish soap, it always works for me." A chuckle left the woman's lips, leaving Eunbi in awe on how such a small sound can make her heart fly.

"I'll try it."

The conversation was shorter than she liked.
Eunbi stole another glance at the woman, this time examining anything but her face. Her face was too pretty for Eunbi's heart.
Her eyes slowly trailed down the woman's body, moving to the curves and folds of her black suit. Eunbi never knew that a woman wearing a jet black suit would be so hot. Admiring her curves, Eunbi subconsciously bit her lip.

"Are you checking me out?" Her words caught Eunbi off guard, almost falling off her seat in embarrassment as red took over her face.

"No!" Eunbi responded almost too quickly.

A bright smile was awarded to Eunbi as laughter filled her ears.
She couldn't describe the blazing feeling in her heart or how she felt like flying.
Her mind snapped out of it once the woman stirred her drink, ice clinking against the glass.

"I'm Choi Yuna."

 Choi Yuna.
Even her name was beautiful.

The small blush on Eunbi's cheeks only got heavier as her thumbs rolled in circles.

"Jung Eunbi."

"Cute name, Jung Eunbi" Yuna grinned, finally taking a drink out of her watered down liquor.
A satisfied sigh came from the girl, alcohol flowing down  as she turned her head towards Eunbi.
She was too beautiful not to look at. Also, the dried tears on her face was too obvious.

"Something bad happen?"

Eunbi almost missed the question, her mind still on how Yuna called her name cute.
She always thought it was common, common enough to be basic.
Perhaps knowing another Eunbi in life did not help but when Yuna said her name it felt so special, so unique to her.
And the only Jung Eunbi Yuna knew was her.

"um... yeah..." Eunbi was hesitant to say her reason but a small part of her wanted to see Yuna's reaction,
"I got dumped."

"Oh... sorry."

Taking a small glance at Yuna, the girl was rubbing her nape with an awkward smile, trying her best not to look at Eunbi.

"I came here just because." Their eyes met for a second before Eunbi went back to looking down at her lap,
"At least I got to see you."

That fluttering feeling in her stomach came back though stronger. The way her heart skipped a beat from just a look from Yuna and now this? This was too much for Eunbi to handle. By the time her mind processed the words, Eunbi's ears were already red and burning.
She pressed her lips together as fingernails tapped against the wooden counter.

"Are you flirting with me?"

"Maybe." Yuna laughed. She always seemed like she was laughing.
The woman adjusted her tie, loosening it and turned her stool at Eunbi. She could already feeling the gaze burned into her.
Yuna didn't hesitate to make a move, pulling back a strand of Eunbi's hair behind her ear.
From a single touch, Eunbi felt her heart explode.

"Let's drink."

Eunbi couldn't recall how she got so tipsy but she was certainly liking it.
Everytime Yuna touched her, the feeling intensfied, spreading throughout her body like colors on water.
Their bodies swayyed together smoothly as music pumped from the walls.
It wasn't too loud nor too quiet. Just perfect for a late night outting. Luckily enough, there weren't even many people at the bar.

"You're good at dancing." Yuna's whispered causing Eunbi to looking up to see the woman's eyes again.
Eunbi was too attracted to them.

"mmm..." A wave of exhaustion hit Eunbi as Yuna leaned closer.
Their breaths mingled, fighting on who would make the first move. Soon enough Eunbi's eyes fluttered close, eyelashes batting against her eyelids as she raised herself up on her toes. She could hear her blood pound in her ears. Eunbi brushed her lips against Yuna's causing a sensational feeling to light within her. Eunbi fell back down with a nervous smile, touching her lips with her fingers. Was this right?
It wasn't that Eunbi didn't want to kiss her, just that she broke up with someone not too long ago was still fresh in her mind.
Even with that thought, Eunbi had a desire to taste Choi Yuna's lips.

"You're drunk Eunbi-ssi. Let me drive you home."

"How do I know you wont take advantage of me?" Eunbi argued, suddenly pushing Yuna away and crossed her arms.

"I'm a cab driver, I do this all the time." Perhaps this explained Yuna's smooth way of talking and how she could initiate converstions with her so easily.

Yuna pulled her by the wrist, making her way out of the bar as she threw a wad of cash onto the counter.
Eunbi could hear the bartender's excited thank before she found herself in the passenger's seat of a cab.
With the mood gone, Eunbi went to her phone, eyes stinging at how bright her screen was.

"You can choose music if you want." Yuna said casually and started to car.

"um... it's fine..." Eunbi whispered, playing with her phone,
"do you need the directions?"

Uh, what the hell Jung Eunbi?
Of course she would need directions.

Even with awkward question, Yuna laughed it out and gave Eunbi a toothy smile,

"Yes, just type it here and i'll get you straight home."

They were on the road in no time, silence through out most of the ride.
Eunbi didn't feel like talking as her head bobbed side to side, eyes staring out the window mindlessly.
In her own world, Eunbi shifted in her seat feeling the need to look at Yuna. Again.
When her eyes did a glance, Eunbi jerked away as she saw Yuna's eyes on her. Heat immediately was felt on Eunbi's cheeks, deciding to look out the window.

A small smile cracked onto Yuna's face as her heart flipped and jumped when Eunbi looked back over.
The atmosphere turned awkward once their little stares were noticed.
The latter didn't want to embarrass herself any further, refusing to even take a glance at Yuna.
Instead she listened to her. Eunbi didn't know if Yuna was aware of this or not but the woman was singing to herself.
Perhaps Yuna forgot Eunbi was in the car or she just felt bored with her.

, am I really that forgettable?

As Eunbi's mind went through multiple concerns, Yuna could feel the insecurites coming from her.

"Sorry, I sing to myself at times."

Suddenly Eunbi's shoulders felt much more relaxed, back falling down onto the seat as a smile appeared on her face.

"I thought you forgot about me."

"You're too beautiful to forget." Either Yuna was just an incredible flirt or she was actually interested in Eunbi, the girl felt her heart beat quickened at her simple words. This was really nothing, right? It shouldn't be anything considering she was in a relationship not too long ago.
Eunbi couldn't help but be interested in Choi Yuna. The woman was irresistible. It was hard not to like her.
She shook her head out of her thoughts, turning back to window as her eyes looked towards the stars.
It was shining and glimmering, just like Yuna's eyes. Damn it. She did it again. Compare the most beautiful things to another beautiful thing.
However, Yuna was prettier than the stars.

Silence continued throughout the ride before Eunbi noticed the unfamiliar area.
Becoming stiff and nervous, Eunbi took in a sharp breath and took a look at Yuna.
And boohoo, Yuna was looking straight at her.

"Th- this is the wrong way-"

"I know."

- am I about to be kidnapped by a y lady?!
Why am I excited???

"Sorry, that came out wrong." Yuna chuckled, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel as she went deeper into the unknown.
"The stars are pretty here and I wanted to show you."

Maybe Yuna wasn't so bad after all. The woman was too nice and too beautiful to seem real.
Yet she was real and right in front of Eunbi.
Yuna stopped the car on the side of the empty road, laying her chin on the steering wheel as her eyes mindlessly gazed into the night sky.
Tonight was cold, colder than usual at least. It made Eunbi feel alone, but with Yuna she felt warm and fuzzy inside.
Moonlight shined onto Yuna's face, showing off her facial features with the soft starry lights.

"I saw you looking up so I wanted to bring you here." Yuna said, voice as soft a pillow.
"It helps me when I feel sad."

Eunbi's heart grew with love as it rid the alcohol in her system.
Suddenly, Eunbi felt very relaxed and calm, swayyed side to side as she listened to Yuna's low hums.
Everything about her was perfect, from the bottom of her feet to the top of her head.

"Funny enough, your house isn't too far from here." Yuna broke the silence and straightened her back as her head turned to the swayying girl.
The latter gave Yuna a smile, placing a hand over hers as tears slowly rolled down her cheeks. She didn't know why she was crying but suddenly it hit her. Eunbi was lonely and had no one to go to. And this... this was just a one time thing, considering Yuna was just her cab driver.
Yuna wrapped her arms around Eunbi's shoulder, pulling her close. She craddled her in her arms slowly, reassuring Eunbi with her beautiful voice.
The latter lifted her head to look at Yuna, eyes drooping and her breath heavy.

The girls were maybe too close after just meeting each other.
Yuna felt like a loved one to her, a person who would always be there no matter what... even if they did just meet.

"I'll bring you home now." Yuna patted Eunbi's head and pryed her off her arm as she slowly drove towards her house.

The car ride ended sooner than she'd liked as Eunbi found herself standing outside.
Her eyes curved into half moons, giving Yuna a small smile.

"Thank you, Yuna-ssi."

"Don't mention it."

Despite Eunbi's goodbye, her feet did not move. It stayed glued to the ground as her heart pounded against her chest.
Taking a deep breath, Eunbi held a hand out to Yuna with determined eyes.

"I'll... I'll see you again?"

Yuna rested her elbow against the open window, slowly taking Eunbi's hand into hers.
It fit so perfectly, fingers entangling with one another as Yuna shook it gently.

"Give me your number and I'll think about it."