Story #2 - A Wedding

Drabbles of "Gank Your Heart"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Wedding

 

Neither Shu Wen nor Sun Ze Yi were the type to stand on ceremony, so when they finally decided to marry it was only natural that they would decide to do so with as little fanfare as possible.  Originally, it was their intention to just visit the Marriage Registration Office of their local Bureau of Civil Affairs to get their hukou booklets stamped and then maybe have a celebratory meal afterwards with their closest friends, but when Summer somehow caught wind of this news, he insisted that would not do. 

 

“Just leave it to me and Pei Xi,” he told them.

 

“But –” Shu Wen started to say.

 

“We’ll handle everything,” Summer reassured.  “You won’t have to worry about a thing.”

 

“There’s really no need to go through all this trouble,” his Yi Ge told him.  “We just want to do things simply.”

 

“How is that okay?” Summer protested.  “Don’t be like that.  Are you going to deprive your bride of the honor of her biggest day?” 

 

Sun Ze Yi looked helplessly at Shu Wen, and she just shrugged her shoulders back. 

 

Knowing when they were defeated, they let Summer have his way.  Which was how, only a few days later, the Phoenix training base was turned into his wedding command center. 

 

As Xiang Kong walked past the bulletin boards where they always posted game data about their opponents, he couldn’t help but pause with his hands in his pockets and start to read over all the list of wedding to-dos that Summer had since hung up there instead.  From lists of possible venue sites to sample banquet menus and everything else in between, there was no detail Summer had left unattended. 

 

His Sun Ge walked past him at that moment and Xiang Kong pointed to the bulletin board behind him with his thumb and asked if he’d had a look at it recently.  “Don’t remind me,” Sun Ze Yi answered.  He’d already had to listen to Summer’s ramblings for an hour earlier that morning on the topic of what he should wear to the wedding.  Was one black suit really that different from the next?

 

It was Shu Wen who b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter