Off

Amethyst

Hyewon’s in a phone call right now with her little sister, Yujin. Yujin is actually studying abroad which she got offered scholarship, she’s a basketball player, a star player actually.

 

 

“Unnie, aren’t you tired?” Yujin asked from the other line.

 

 

“Of what?” she asked as she was getting ready for work.

 

 

“Chasing Eunbi unnie?”

 

 

She paused for a moment and she smiled. “little sis, you already know the answer to that”

 

 

She then heard her sister snort, “I know right, Why did I even bother asking”

 

 

She then changed the topic by asking her little sister, “Yah, Is this the only reason you called? Should I get jealous that you’ve asked about Eunbi and not me?” she said in a bit dramatic tone.

 

 

She then heard Yujin laugh on the other line, “Dork, I called because I’m probably be going home next month”

 

 

Hyewon smiled widely as she heard the news from her little sister, It’s been 3 years since she actually saw her sister as she was busy with work. Her excitement might not be seen but her voice gave it away, “Are you for real?!!”

 

 

Once again, Yujin laughed loudly, “Yes unnie! And by that time, you have to introduce me to Eunbi-unnie already! Arasso?!”  

 

 

“yeah yeah, you don’t have to tell me that” her sister and her have been always this close and Hyewon couldn’t wish for more, well besides Eunbi of course.

 

 

“It’s still amazes me how you actually fell for Eunbi unnie, basing from you who didn’t like the idea of an arranged marriage in the first place” Yes, she and Eunbi is in an arranged marriage which she didn’t like at all at first since she believed that marriage is something's not to be forced to someone, but her she is now, forcing herself to someone she believes someday would appreciate her too.

 

 

She then chuckled, “Not that I like the idea of arrange marriage. I just like Eunbi, that’s it”

 

 

Her little sister then cringed on the other line, “unnie, that was cringey”

 

 

Hyewon laughed, “Well, you’ll know the feeling one day little sis, and I’ll be the one cringing at you!”

 

 

“but… unnie?”

 

 

“Hmmm?”

 

 

“basing from the stories you tell me, isn’t she still cold to you like she doesn’t like it when she sees you?” You can sense from Yujin’s tone that she was being careful.

 

 

Hyewon smile as she felt her sister’s consideration, “Well…. There’s nothing I can do with that little sis. She’s not actually telling me to go away, but….” she paused for a bit.

 

 

“but what unnie?”

 

 

Hyewon then sighed, “If she tells me too, I should just probably hold the engagement off” she said.

 

 

She then heard no more voice on the other line that’s why she looked at her phone but the call’s still on, “Yujin-ah?”

 

 

“Oh, sorry unnie, I was just thinking”

 

 

“Wow, that’s new” she little sister.

 

 

Yujin rolled her eyes even though Hyewon couldn’t see it “Whatever!” Hyewon laughed. They like bickered for a minute before Yujin said something in a serious tone and a worried tone. “Can you handle that though unnie? Calling the engagement off? You love her, don’t you? You telling me that you like her is an understatement.”

 

 

Hyewon was actually caught off guard, That’s right, No one in the world knows me better that Yujin, “If she says so, then I don’t have a say to it. Like I said before, marriage is not something to be forced to someone/Marriage is not something to be forced to someoneYujin also spoke the words her sister spoke on the other line as she’s already a lot familiar with it.

 

 

“I know unnie, but how about your feelings? How about you? You’re always thinking of her” her sister told her in a matter of fact.

 

 

“Well, she comes first on my list of concerns”

 

 

“You’re so smitten unnie, I can only take much” Yujin cringing again but then she sighed, “You’re a good person unnie, A lot of people like you so I just don’t understand why Eunbi unnie doesn’t”

 

 

Hyewon chuckled, her little sister just praised her, “Well, preference. Let’s stop talking about my love life and let’s talk about how are you doing there superstar?!” she said in a very loud voice.

 

 

Yujin then put away her phone from her ear, pfft she changed topic. “you’re little sister’s doing fine unnie…..” They then talked for almost 30 minutes that Yujin almost forgot she has to be in practice 10 minutes from now. “Unnie! Have to be on practice 10 minutes tops, talk to you again later, love you!” and Yujin just abruptly ended the call.

 

 

“Hey-----” she looked at her phone. “This kid probably forgot about her schedule again.” She then put her phone on the table. She then looked at her schedule and it says that she has to be with Eunbi at 10 which is an hour from now. 

 

 

She’s actually ready for the day, she just plopped herself on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Eunbi then just popped up from her thoughts, “Yujin was right, I’m so smitten” and she smiled at herself.

 

 

Eunbi is in her little sister’s room right now, and she’s on Minjoo’s bed. “Unnie, shouldn’t you get ready? Aren’t you supposed to be meeting with Hyewon unnie later?” her sister asked but she just rolled her eyes.

 

 

She rolled in her sister’s bed and said, “I’d get ready later, I’m still not in the mood to move, besides she wouldn’t mind if I get late”

 

 

Minjoo then just shook her head at how irresponsible her sister is, she then went to her study table and cleaned her things away, “You’re taking granted of her too much unnie, what if suddenly she suddenly stops liking you?” Minjoo asked her older sister but her older sister just smirked at her.

 

 

“That’s good for me then” Minjoo furrowed her forehead.

 

 

She then turned around at her sister, “Unnie, May I ask something?”

 

 

“Go on”

 

 

“Don’t you think you’re playing with Hyewon unnie’s feelings to much? She’s a nice person unnie, why don’t you like her?” Minjoo told her sister.

 

 

 Eunbi just stared at her little sister. This is what I get for having a mature little sister. “Just because” she said that as she doesn’t really hate Hyewon or something, she just doesn’t like being around her or maybe anyone or she just doesn’t like to consider love at all.

 

 

Minjoo then tilted her head and she keeps on opening of , she wants to say something but she’s considering. Eunbi saw it and told her, “Just say it, Minjoo.”

 

 

“Does it have something to do with Si----?” She wasn’t able to finish her words as Eunbi cut her off abruptly.

 

 

“No, lil sis. She has nothing to do with it.” Eunbi then stood up from her bed and looked at Minjoo who was staring at her, “Let’s go to my room lil sis, just help me with what should I wear” and so she went out of her sister’s room. Minjoo then just stood up after tidying her things and followed her older sister.

 

 

“What’s better? Red or purple?” Eunbi asked Minjoo and showed the two dress she picked.

 

 

“Red’s good but purple’s your color unnie” Minjoo told her Eunbi. “Why are you going out with Hyewon unnie though? I thought you don’t like being with her?” Minjoo asked as she forgot to ask this earlier.

 

 

“That’s right” Eunbi replied.

 

 

“But?”

 

“I’m going to call the engagement off” she said that made Minjoo’s mouth fly open and also eyes wide open.

 

 

“Dad would get mad at you unnie!”

 

 

“I know but you’ve said, I might have been playing with her feelings and wouldn’t calling the engagement off a lot better?”

 

 

“Are you really set on doing that unnie?” Minjoo asked in a low voice, she’s sad actually, she has taken a liking on Hyewon already, and she considers her as a family already. She still wonders why Eunbi hasn’t taken a liking to her when Hyewon is a very likeable person.

 

 

Eunbi was not looking at her so she didn’t see what expression her little sister is holding, “Yes, it’s the right thing to do”

 

 

“Unnie, I’ll be going to my room then. I still have a lot to do for school tomorrow” she said not waiting for her sister’s answer before going out of her room.

 

 

Hyewon’s already on the table that was reserved for them and she was playing her phone as she was waiting time to pass, 15 minutes have passed since 10. This isn’t the first time Eunbi would be late on the time she set up. Hyewon’s used to it by the way, and like what she’s doing now, she would always play with her phone.

 

 

She then put her phone on the table as she sighted Eunbi who was wearing a purple dress. Beautiful as ever, she thought to herself.

 

Eunbi then pulled the chair in front of Hyewon and immediately sat down.

 

 

“What would you like to eat?” Hyewon asked Eunbi.

 

 

With her cold demeanor, Eunbi replied. “Water is fine, this won’t be taking long.”

 

 

Hyewon then nodded and called for the waiter, “One latte and water please”

 

 

And then she looked at Eunbi, “How are you?” she asked not minding about Eunbi’s behavior earlier and again, she’s used to it.

 

 

“I’m fine, but that’s not what I came her for” Eunbi started. “I’ll be frank and I’ll say what I’m here for. I’m here for a favor”

 

 

“Okay, anything. What is it?” she asked as the waiter gave her latte and the water Eunbi asked.

 

 

She was about to sip her coffee when Eunbi told her, “Let’s call the engagement off” that caught her off guard for a bit.

 

 

She put down her coffee before looking at Eunbi, “Is that what you really want?” she asked.

 

 

“Yes” Eunbi answered without hesitation.

 

 

Hyewon then nodded and smiled at Eunbi. The smile then caught Eunbi off guard this time, she’s smiling? “I was expecting that, but I wasn’t expecting it to be this soon.” Hyewon then pursed her lips, “Okay”

 

 

“Okay?” that was easy? Eunbi told herself.

 

 

“Yes, Eunbi-sshi” Hyewon smiled at her, “Thank you for putting up with me for the whole 2 years, and don’t worry about anything else, I’ll be the one talking to your father”

 

 

What did she just say? Is she for real? But then Eunbi didn’t say anything ang just stood up, “Thank you” was probably the only thing she would be saying.

 

 

She was about to go when Hyewon spoke, “But before you go, let me tell you something”

 

 

She nodded her head telling Hyewon to go ahead and tell her. Hyewon then opened and told her what she wanted to say. She didn’t know what to react of what she heard so she just stood there like a stone for a minute or so but she composed herself and she put up her remaining strength and said, “Is that it?” with the coldest voice she can produce.  

 

 

Once again, she saw Hyewon’s smile. “Yes”

 

Yujin was already home, she didn’t tell her sister she was actually in Korea at the time she called her sister and she would be just going home next month. She’s in Hyewon’s apartment right now after dropping her things at their house. She then just told her mom that she’ll be going to Hyewon’s apartment and their mother gladly allowed her to go.

 

 

She then heard beeps on the door, she’s pretty sure that was Hyewon and she just stood in the middle of Hyewon’s living room. She smiled when she heard the door open. Shoes? She heard her sister.

 

 

And when Hyewon arrived on her living room, and saw Yujin, she smiled widely, “Yujinnieee!!!” and she ran to her little sister.

 

 

Yujin then hugged her sister who ran to her, “Hello unnie!” she said as they separated.

 

 

“Wow!” Hyewon said as she inspected her sister. “You grew bigger!” she said.

 

 

“You should have just told me you’re already home and not next month! I should have fetched you at the airport!” Hyewon added.

 

 

“Where’s the fun in that?” Yujin chuckled. “Unnie, don’t forget you’re promise to me that you’d introduce me Eunbi unnie, okay?”

 

 

Those words made Hyewon shut up for a moment and Yujin found it weird as she expected her sister to be excited, “Oh about that, I’m sorry Yujin-ah. That would be out of my of my reach now” she said in a low voice and she sensed that something happened.

 

 

“Unnie? What happened?” she asked her sister.

 

 

Hyewon sighed and she sat on the sofa and looked up at her sister, “Yujin-ah, she asked me for a favor” she started. “She wants the engagement off” and smiled at her sister.

 

 

Yujin just had the urge to hug her sister, “Why are you smiling unnie? Pabo, just let those tears flow, why are you even trying to that hide those in front of me unnie?” and like it’s a signal that’s it’s okay to cry, Hyewon’s tears flowed from her eyes, silently she cried on her sister’s arms. Yujin then just soothed her sister’s back.

 

 

Eunbi felt like she just ran marathon as she felt really tired of what happened. She then just plopped her body on her bed and stared at nothing. She closed her eyes for a moment and she heard a knock. “Unnie, I’m coming in” she heard Minjoo’s voice on the other side of the door.

 

 

“Ohh!” she told her sister as a yes.

 

 

She still has her eyes closed and then she felt her bed lowered. Minjoo sat on the edge of her bed. “Unnie” Minjoo called for her attention.

 

 

“hmm?” Eunbi hummed as a response.

 

 

“How did it go?” Minjoo asked. Eunbi smiled at her sister’s curiousness of her life happenings. She has always been like that, Minjoo would always ask how her day would go. Eunbi asked her once why she always asks and Minjoo just smiled widely at her and said, “Because you’re my favorite sister”, which she replied with. “I’m telling that to Gaeun unnie” she just little sister that time.

 

“Tiring”

 

 

“Why? Did Hyewon-unnie disagree?”

 

 

“No, she agreed easily and I didn’t have to sweat”

 

 

“Then why did you say it was tiring?”

 

 

“That’s……” she trailed for a bit, “For another time to tell. Minjoo-yah, can I sleep for a while, I just really feel tired”

 

 

Minjoo agreed then she was about to leave but Eunbi called for her again, “Minjoo-yah, can you hug unnie before you leave?” she asked and without a doubt, Minjoo hugged her sister. She even kissed her cheeks before leaving her sister.

 

 

As she closed the door to her sister’s room, she wondered what happened there, she often hugs her older sisters, but Eunbi only asks for hugs when she feels stressed or she has something in mind that bothers her.

 

 

Hyewon as the optimistic person she is, she continued to work normally as per her father’s request. She already talked to Eunbi’s father about the engagement and at first Hyewon’s father didn’t take it well, but Hyewon assured her that nothing will change about their friendly status with their companies. She talked professionally with Eunbi’s father even if she was grossed out by the fact that they’re using their daughter for the benefit of themselves.

 

She then heard a knock on her office, she looked at it and saw her father coming in with a smile on his face, so she smiled back at her father.

 

 

“Hi dad, what agenda did you come here for?” she asked her father.

 

 

“I’m just visiting my favorite daughter” her father replied.

 

 

Hyewon then scrunched her nose and said, “Don’t let Yujin hear what you just said, Dad”

 

 

His father then let out a hearty laugh, and he gave a soft smile to her daughter, “I know I told you to work hard but aren’t you pushing yourself so much Won-ah?” she asked her daughter dearly.

 

 

Hyewon shook her head an said, “I’m not working this hard as per your request Pa, I love my work and you know that”

 

 

Her dad then went near her, “But are you fine? I heard everything from Yujin, why didn’t you tell me?”

 

 

“For the reason that maybe you’d interfere, Pa”

 

 

“Well of course, I’d give the best for my daughter”

 

 

She shook her head once again and looked her father straight to his eyes, “Pa, I wanted her to like me on her own accord, I don’t want her to be forced on to something she didn’t want. I already have been selfish about the engagement and I won’t force another thing to her again”

 

 

Her father smiled at what she heard, Thank God, I raised you well. She then patted Hyewon’s shoulder, “You’re a good person, Won-ah. I love you, you can always tell me your concerns, I was a bit sad that you weren’t telling me anything but I’ll let it pass”

 

 

Hyewon smiled at his father, “I’m sorry Pa, and I love you too”

 

 

He then kissed Hyewon’s forehead before leaving her to work.

 

 

Eunbi accompanied her sister at the mall as she was buying school supplies for her projects, and after that they went to eat food.

 

 

Eunbi was then waiting for her sister as she went to the restroom, when she caught sigh of Hyewon waiting outside of the restaurant with a phone on her ears. She then took her time checking out Hyewon, Hyewon then hid her phone as a tall girl appeared in front of her and hugged he, she then raised her brow at what she saw. Hyewon then smiled happily at the other girl and eventually they went inside of the restaurant. She immediately covered her face with the menu book.

 

 

“Unnie?” she then heard Minjoo’s voice.  “Why is you face so near” and she used her lips to point at the menu book.

 

Eunbi then immediately dropped the menu book and acted like nothing happened. “Nothing, I was just bored” she replied at her sister who seems weirded out by her actions. Minjoo knows how strict her sister is at being proper.

 

 

Minjoo then raised her brow and looked around as she was suspicious and she caught sight of Hyewon with another girl, and then she looked at her sisters afterwards, who looked away. “Is that why you were hiding unnie?”

 

 

“I told you I was just bored”

 

 

“And played with the menu book, that’s so you unnie” Minjoo said in a mocking tone.

 

 

“People change, lil sis” she sternly said at her sister who just pulled the chair in front of her, and kept on looking at Hyewon’s table who has her back on her. “And will you stop looking, you’ll get caught”

 

 

“And so? I can just go greet Hyewon unnie then when that happens. We are still on good terms anyway” she said and sat on her chair.

 

 

Eunbi just can win an argument when she talks to her little sister that’s why she just rolled her eyes at her and Minjoo just chuckled at her sister’s reaction.

 

 

A little later then, their food arrived and they started to eat. They were just casually talking about small things about Minjoo’s studies and such when Minjoo started to ask something. “Unnie, I caught you staring at Hyewon unnie earlier, and why did you raise your brows when the other girl arrived?”

 

 

“Cut the chase and just ask Minjoo”

 

 

Minjoo then grinned at her older sister, “Were you jealous perhaps?”

 

 

Eunbi then looked at her sister who was expectant of her answer, but she just grimaced and said, “What? Jealous? Why would I?”

 

 

Minjoo shrugged and said, “I don’t know unnie, you tell me that’s why I’m asking.”

 

 

“Where did you even get that assumption anyway?”

 

 

“Unnie, just answer, it’s harmless besides it answerable by a mere yes or no? Why are you trailing? Maybe you really were jealous”

 

 

“Oh God Minjoo, I wasn’t jealous!” her sister said in an outburst, that it came out loud, and Minjoo apologized at the people near them, Eunbi did too.

 

 

“Why are you getting worked out unnie? I was just asking!”

 

 

That’s right, why am I getting worked out with that? Eunbi asked herself but then she just shrugged it off. “Well, I just answered!”

 

 

“Fine unnie fine! What a bummer” she saw her sister sigh.

 

 

“And what bummed you?” she asked Minjoo.

 

 

“Well people say that you appreciate someone’s presence more when they’re out of your life, seems that isn’t applicable for you unnie” and then she continued eating.

 

 

Eunbi then just stared at her sister then looked at Hyewon’s table who was casually talking with the person she’s with and whispered, “She moved on fast” as she didn’t know her sister was looking at her while gulping down her food.

 

 

 “Unnie, do you know those people? They kept on looking at our direction” Yujin asked Hyewon.

 

 

Hyewon then raised her brows and turn around, and that was the moment Eunbi turned around from looking at their table, Talk about timing. She then met Minjoo’s eyes, and she smiled at the younger girl. Yujin saw it and she poked her sister, “Unnie you know them?”

 

 

Hyewon then turned around and said, “The one I just smiled to is Minjoo, Eunbi’s younger sister and the person she’s probably with is the love of my life” she chuckled when she saw her Yujin’s face.

 

 

“Unnie! Stop saying those kinds of words to me. I might get indigestion” and she grimaced at her sister who was still laughing. “Unnie, you can keep laughing, I’ll just go the restroom” she didn’t wait for her sister’s answer and immediately went to the bathroom. After having her hearty laugh, she once again looked at Eunbi’s table who was her back on her.

 

 

“At least look at me once and for all” she did wait for a moment and she gave up when Eunbi wasn’t even bulging from her sit and seems like she was bickering with Minjoo.

 

 

She turned around when Yujin arrived on their table, “Is your stomach fine now?” she sister.

 

 

“You wish!” and Yujin stuck her tongue out at her sister.

 

 

Minjoo then had to take the call as it rung while she was bickering with her sister, and Eunbi took it as a chance to look again at Hyewon who obviously has her back on her, and if, just if, she just turned around earlier, their eyes may have met for a second. Again, let’s talk about timing.

 

“Unnie, I need to go home now, I just got told that I have something to do” she told her sister who was out of this world so she called for her again, “unnie!” and this time Eunbi looked at her.

 

 

“What did you say?”

 

 

“I said let’s go home, I have a lot to do” she said then picked up what she bought earlier.

 

 

Eunbi then nodded and started to tidy her things before standing up, they eventually went out of the restaurant, and for the last time Eunbi looked at their table and she was as bit shocked as she met Hyewon’s eyes as they were passing by the glass window.

 

“Unnie, you really haven’t given up have you?” Yujin asked as she saw what just happened.

 

 

She then winked at Yujin, “But I’m not going anywhere near her, without her permission atleast”

 

 

Yujin just nodded at what her sister said, she would have said something but she chose not to, as she saw her sister is content at what she has and she didn’t want to ruin her sister’s mood by saying anything that might have well, make her sad.

 

 

“Well, are you done eating?” she asked her sister that was eating non-stop.

 

 

“With the meat on , Hyewon shook her head, and said, “No, not yet. Why? Are you rushing?”

 

 

Yujin just rolled her eyes at her sister and said, “No take your time unnie”

 

 

“Eunbi” her older sister Gaeun called for her as soon as she stepped inside of their house.

 

 

“Oh, unnie” she said then went near her sister.

 

 

“I heard you called the engagement off?”

 

 

When she heard it, she showed a face that can be read as, This again? “Yes, I did”

 

 

“May I know the reason why? If it’s possible?” Gaeun asked her with consideration on her side.

 

 

Eunbi sighed and said, “I already told you unnie, I don’t like her”

 

 

“Is that the sole reason? Does Sian have to do something with your decision?”

 

 

“Unnie!”

 

 

“There’s no harm answering my question, Kwon Eunbi” there it is, Gaeun is using her authority voice.

 

 

“No! She’s not a factor to any decision I make!” Eunbi said in an outburst that she didn’t know that she just raised her voice at her sister, and when she knew what she did, “U-unnie, I-I’m sor-ry”

 

 

Rather than Gaeun getting angry at her, her sister hugged her. “Fine, I’ll stop asking now. I just asked as you seemed stressed these past few days, and that so unlikely of you, Work doesn’t even stress you that much”

 

 

Gaeun then released Eunbi from the hug and held her shoulders. “Don’t hesitate on telling me anything, you know I’m just right, here right?” Eunbi then nodded. “I’m sorry for being pushy”

 

 

Eunbi then shook her head and said, “It’s fine unnie, you were just worried. Thank you unnie”

 

 

“Go to your room then and get some sleep” Gaeun then pushed her.

 

 

“Unnie, I have been curious about something” Yujin asked as they arrived at Hyewon’s apartment.

 

 

“And what’s it about?”

 

 

“You’ve been telling me about you not wanting about something forcing something so someone, and you were so adamant of calling the engagement of even you didn’t know who you were being engaged too, but why did you suddenly agree to it? Don’t tell about love at first sight because that’s bull and you know it.”

 

 

“Easy there tiger, we only arrived at my apartment and I’m on hot seat already?” she then went to her room for a change of clothes, and Yujin followed her otherwise. Hyewon looked at her, “Hey, just wait outside, I’m just going to change my clothes, I’m not evading the question okay?” and she pushed Yujin outside of her room. Yujin then just sat on the sofa found on the leaving room and fiddled around whatever there is to be played with.

 

 

She then came across of one of Hyewon’s sketch pad, and she just found out a lot of Eunbi’s drawings on it, well all of it were Eunbi’s anyway. There were dates as well as Hyewon’s sign on every drawing. Still the best artist I know she told herself as every drawing was drawn detail by detail, and she stopped on turning pages when she finally realized something and went to the very first page.

 

 

August 2009? Did Hyewon unnie really make a mistake on putting the date on this one? She then turned to other pages and saw other dates which was on 2010, 2011 and etc., up to this year. “Yujin, your highness I’m now here to answer your questions” Hyewon said approaching Yujin, but she still hasn’t seen what Yujin was holding.

 

 

As she was getting nearer, Yujin then faced Hyewon and showed the sketch pad she was holding. “Unnie, care to explain about the dates?”

 

 

As soon as Hyewon saw it, she knew that Yujin probably already has an idea as to what Hyewon would answer to her previous question, she then went and got a hold of her sketch pad already a bit worn out because of time. “Yujin-ah, Eunbi, I already knew her even before she knew about me” and she browsed her drawings of her. She then showed the drawing of Eunbi who was helping another person. “Here, that was the time where, that little kid was being harassed by some guys and I was about to help the younger girl when she showed up and just shooed away the guys like they weren’t guys at all, she’s so small but she has this big aura around her” Yujin then looked at her sister who was marveling about the moment, and she listened once again, “I felt so small that time to be honest, I was the first one to see it, but I was scared to even help because what can I do? I was just a young girl without any power on me, I might just get the little girl in trouble, likewise myself, but when I already had the courage to do it, she was already there, I was just feeling in awe”

 

 

“and you started liking her at that point? Am I right unnie?” Yujin asked.

 

 

Hyewon smiled but the she shrugged, “I don’t know”

 

 

Yujin then furrowed her forehead, “What do you mean you don’t know unnie?”

 

 

“I meant, I didn’t know when did I ever started even liking or having feeling for her” she said for clarification.

 

 

“So? Why didn’t you confess?”

 

 

“I couldn’t”

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“She was in a relationship that time, and she was the crazy pretty girl with attitude shown from outside but had a warm heart inside if her. Yujin, I was no one when we were in college, you know me, I like having a low profile”

 

 

“That----”

 

 

“, I know lil sis” Hyewon continued what Yujin was about to say considering that maybe not the word Yujin would say.

 

 

“I was supposed to say, sad, but that works too” Yujin said.

 

 

“So, did that satisfy your question superstar?” Hyewon then ginned at her sister.  

 

 

Yujin clicked her tongue, “So in conclusion, Eunbi was your first love?”

 

 

Hyewon nodded. “and my current love”

 

 

“And you just let go of your beliefs when you knew she was your supposed fiancé?”

 

 

Hyewon smiled sadly, “it was pathetic and selfish of me, I know”

 

 

“Stop insulting yourself, will you unnie?”

 

 

Hyewon sighed for the nth time, “That’s why I told myself that if ever she would tell me she wants to call the engagement off, I would gladly agree without any argument at all and here we are, she’s free from me”

 

 

“And why didn’t you let go of her yourself on your own accord unnie?” Yujin asked.

 

 

“Because I was hoping that she might like me in the future or so, which didn’t happen as you can see” the hurt she felt was seen in her eyes, and Yujin just felt stupid for asking questions that she didn’t even consider how her sister would feel about it.

 

 

“Unnie, I’m sorry” she apologized.

 

 

“Huh? Why?”

 

 

“for asking questions that will just hurt you” she said tears forming on her eyes.

 

 

Hyewon just smiled at her sister, “Don’t apologize Yujin-ah, I actually feel better that I already told someone about this” she showed her sketchpad.

 

 

“just come her you crybaby” she opened her arms for a hug, and Yujin gladly went for it.

 

 

A week later…

 

“Unnie, can I go to where you work?” Eunbi asked Gaeun, Eunbi was on Gaeun’s doorway 

 

 

“Why? And why are you looking like a kid on my doorway?”

 

 

“Just bored, Can I go with you?” she asked once again.

 

 

“Fine by me, oh! You can help me with the paper works!” her sister said and she was ready to decline when her sister just pulled her away.

 

 

As they were already inside of her sister’s car, she was showing her grumpy face to her sister who seemed to not care at all, “I said I was bored, wouldn’t I get more bored with those paper works unnie?”

 

 

“Shut up, you’re just going to help me checking things I might forgot”

 

 

“Which doesn’t happen at all” she butted in.

 

 

“See? No work for you, just accompany me!” her sister said and she replied, “Fine! Whatever!” she’s probably regretting her decision already, she was just hoping for something to do other than doing nothing and having to think about something that kept on bothering her.

 

 

After a while of driving, they arrived at her sister’s workplace which was their hotel, and her sister’s the one who was handling it.

 

 

She was quietly following her sister when someone caught her eye, It was Hyewon and again she was with the girl. She raised her brows and clicked her tongue because of what she saw. The person who she hasn’t seen for a week again appeared at the moment, and again she was with the girl she was with at the mall. She kinds of feel irritated for a reason she doesn’t know.

 

 

“Kwon Eunbi! What are you even looking at?” her sister then walked to where she was to look at where she was looking that she was a meter behind her sister.

 

 

“Tsk, nothing just walk forward!” and she pushed her sister to the elevator.

 

 

“Hey, no need to push me little sister!”

 

 

“Yeah whatever!” and continued to push her sister, and she looked at where Hyewon was and once again, their eyes met, she immediately turned around because of that, and stopped pushing her sister who was already in front of the elevator.

 

 

“Why are you so strong?” Gaeun asked Eunbi who was on her side now.

 

 

“just because” the elevator door the opened and they both went inside, and Eunbi pressed the button to the highest floor where her sister’s office is located. She caught Hyewon’s small smile at her before the door closed, she didn’t know if her sister saw that or what.

 

 

“Why do you have dark circles under your eyes, do you have trouble sleeping?” Gaeun asked worriedly. “What are you so stressed about these days? Hmmm?”

 

 

“Just some things I can’t keep out of my head, it’ll grow out of me eventually, don’t worry unnie”

 

 

“This seemed to happen since you called off the engagement, does Hyewon have something to do with it?” she asked cautiously as she knew her sister might get mad, but her sister just confirmed it by saying nothing but staring at the door which just opened. They then both went out of it and Eunbi started walking.

 

 

“She, she just told me something that I can’t keep out of my mind, that’s it” Eunbi replied to her sister as they reached the door to her office.

 

 

As Gaeun was opening the door to her office she asked, “Which was?” she was expecting for an answer but her sister remained mum, “I can’t tell right now, I’m sorry”

 

 

“It’s fine, let’s just go inside. I should probably just call for Minjoo for her to accompany, that kid knows how to cheer you up anyway, just wait inside, okay?”

 

 

“Alright unnie, thank you” and then she smiled at her unnie who just patted her back.

 

 

As soon as Minjoo saw Gaeun’s text message, she immediately went to the hotel with their driver, she had her sister’s favorite food with her, macaroons. She just barged in to her sister’s office and she went to Gaeun and kissed her cheek before eventually going to where Eunbi was who was helping in checking some documents.

 

 

“Unnie!” she called for Eunbi then shoved the box of macaroons on her face.

 

 

“Minjoo!” Eunbi said in a muffled voice but when she finally realized what her sister shoved in her face, she brightened. “Macaroons!” she squealed as she got it from her sister and immediately opened it, Minjoo then looked at Gaeun who gave her a thumbs up and mouthed good job lil sis and went on to continue working.

 

 

“Unnie, you have to pay for that! I spent my allowance for that!” she said jokingly.

 

 

Eunbi snorted, “You do know, you have more than enough allowance for the week, and you don’t even spend that much”

 

Minjoo then rolled her eyes and said, “I was just kidding!” and they started to bicker as Minjoo wanted to have a piece but Eunbi wasn’t liking the idea of her sharing her macaroons.

 

 

“Before I forgot, unnie, I saw Hyewon unnie and her----”

 

 

“girlfriend, yeah, I know. That’s girl moved on fast, I thought she liked me” Minjoo was cut off by her sister who doesn’t give a damn at what saying but then what her sister said caught her attention.

 

 

“Huh? that wasn’t her girlfriend----”

 

 

Again, she was cut off, “Wow she already has a new fiancé? Good for her then” the saltiness was felt from her voice and Minjoo was being weirded out, and Minjoo just looked at Gaeun who was also listening, and mouthed, tell me everything later. And she nodded.  

 

 

Wait a minute, Is unnie jealous or something? No, there’s no way! Like really absolutely no way! “She’s nice and beautiful too unnie” Minjoo was trying to confirm her suspicions and she just did when Eunbi answered, with venom on her voice and her eyes was on fire, “beautiful? I am absolutely more beautiful than her, nice? I am a very nice person, Minjoo. So now leave me and my macaroons alone, young lady!” and her older sister just shooed her away.

 

 

“What did just happen?” Gaeun asked Minjoo who was as dumbfounded as her.

 

 

Minjoo then just shook her head as she recovered from that. She chuckled when she thought about how her sister just reacted to her statement. “Unnie was jealous, Gaeun-unnie”

 

 

“What?!” Minjoo then hushed her sister, “Unnie, tone down your voice, Eunbi-unnie might her us, she’ll probably go hulk on me!”

 

 

“Okay fine, sorry. Now tell me the story” and Minjoo proceeded on telling her what happened.

 

 

“…. Yujin is Hyewon unnie’s younger sister, I don’t know where Eunbi unnie got the girlfriend or fiancé thingy”

 

 

“You saw what she did right unnie? She kept on cutting me off, that’s so not her. She was irritated when I talked highly of Yujin lol.”

 

 

They both looked at Eunbi who was then peacefully asleep, “She told me that Hyewon told her something that she can’t seem to get off her mind that’s why she was so stressed this past few days”

 

 

“And I wonder what actually that is, she can’t tell it to me, yet. What did Hyewon just say that make her like this?”

 

 

Minjoo sighed and then, “Let’s just not ignore the fact the we just found out, I just found another one of Eunbi’s hidden personality, so this is how she get jealous huh? ugh, terrifying!” she then shivered at the thought.

 

 

Gaeun laughed at Minjoo, “Well, this is the first time you saw her like this yeah? I can tell you one thing lil sis, Eunbi is possessive”

 

 

“Minjoo seems a very nice person unnie” Yujin told her sister.

 

 

“And?”

 

 

“What do you mean and?”

 

 

“That’s it? aren’t you going to tell more?”

 

 

“Uh no?”

 

 

“Tss, fine”

 

 

“What? What did you want me to say anyway?”  

 

 

“I was watching you earlier lol” Hyewon said as she eyed her little sister who seemed to be acting like there’s nothing to say.

 

 

“And so?” still with her façade, she sternly looked at her sister.

 

 

“You were stunned when she came! I had to call you twice before you responded young lady” Hyewon said as a matter of fact. Well, that happened really, If Yujin composed herself before speaking, she might have been a stuttering mess.

 

 

Yujin then looked elsewhere but she a pink hue appeared on her cheeks, and Hyewon chuckled when she saw it. Rather teasing her little sister like she usually does, she smiled at her and said, “Being captivating maybe is their family trait”, with that being said, Yujin just looked at her sister who was smiling at herself. She then just shook her head and smiled.

 

 

“If you weren’t my sister, I would be the one to claim for your love, unnie” Yujin said and her sister just smiled at her because of what she said.

 

 

“The love you’d be claiming is just there, move fast and not do what I did” Hyewon told her sister. Well, if she’s being honest, there’s still things she hasn’t told her sister, but those are to be told in time.

 

 

Yujin then stretched her arms out and hang her arms on her sister’s shoulder and said, “Let’s stop talking about that, and do the agenda we came here for” which was to talk to the oldest of the Kwon siblings for business matters.

 

 

After a good nap, Eunbi then woke up and then she stood up, “Unnie, where are you going?” Minjoo asked.

 

 

“Will just take a walk, follow me if you want to.” And then as she was about to hold the door, it opened on its own, and it showed Hyewon and Yujin, she just eyed them at first but then she glared at them and she eventually walked out of the office while slightly bumping Hyewon’s shoulder. Hyewon and Yujin’s eyes just followed Eunbi until Gaeun went near them and was about to call for Eunbi but she was gone like a dust. “I’m sorry about that, she just woke up and she’s a bit grumpy” Gaeun said apologetically.

 

 

But Hyewon being the considerate girl she is just dismissed it, and proceeded to introduce her little sister, “Ah, unnie. This is Yujin, my little sister” Yujin then bowed at Gaeun and Gaeun smiled at her and said, “Oh, you’re the superstar sister!” Yujin then chuckled and said that she isn’t but then Gaeun said she doesn’t need to be humble so Yujin then smugly said, “If that’s what you say unnie then okay, I’m a superstar” Gaeun laughed and said, “And you have humor too, I’m pretty sure you’re a chick magnet” and that’s the one Hyewon.

 

 

“But she loves basketball too much to even be in a relationship” Hyewon said not reading the atmosphere and just talking anything she thinks of, and not considering about Minjoo presence in the room, well the younger Kwon is busy doing what’s she’s doing that maybe she isn’t listening.

 

 

“Unnie shut up, I can be in a relationship when I want to” and punch the sides of her sister, and Hyewon groaned because of it, and was about to ask why her sister did it, but Yujin just eyed her.

 

 

“Fine fine, Unnie, let’s talk about business now. I might get bruised if I continue to talk” she said then Gaeun chuckled, while Yujin rolled her eyes.

 

 

“Yujin, you can just go to where Minjoo is, you already know each other right? Don’t worry, she’s easy to talk to” Gaeun said and when she looked at her sister, she was grinning like a fool, but she let it go and just walked to where Minjoo is.

 

 

Eunbi just had to see her that close with the other girl, when she thought she was already fine, she would just appear. Eunbi then has her forehead furrowed, her nap was now ruined, and maybe even macaroon wouldn’t cheer her up anymore.

 

 

“Tsk, why does she show up on times I don’t expect and she even got the guts to bring a girl with her? am I that easy to be forgotten?” she then kept on rambling until she arrived to the bar of the hotel, no one can be found there as it was only for limited people unlike the island bar where people really go and party, she then just went inside and the employees bowed at her entrance. She smiled at them and then she went to the bartender.

 

 

“Good afternoon, Ms. Kwon. How may I help you?” the bartender asked as he was approached.

 

 

“Just give me anything for now” she said and then bartender then went and mixed for Eunbi.

 

 

“Here you go ma’am” the bartender gave her a mojito for a start.

 

 

She played with the glass before casually drinking it, she just sipped and sipped until she eventually finished the glass of mojito, and after that she asked for another one. She asked for a Margarita specifically this time. The bartender then immediately worked on it.

 

 

She stared at the glass like it had done something terrible at her, but actually she was just being irritated at one thing, no, one person, Kang Hyewon. She then gritted her teeth, as she can’t get her out of her head, Calm down, Kwon Eunbi, this isn’t you.

 

 

She drank the martini on one shot and she requested for another glass again. She was fine at first but she kept on drinking and asking for another glass which she kept on gulping it down like it was water. Not she’s nowhere near sober and she’s talking about something now.

 

 

“Why? Why can’t I get that girl out of my head?” / “Why is that she’s already with another girl? / “Am I that easy to be replaced?” and “oh well, it was my fault, I don’t have a say about anything since I was the one who wished the engagement be called off” Those are just a bit of the things she kept on talking about, it was obvious that she was already drunk as her words are already slurred. “Why did you have to say those words…. You’re making me regret my decision….”

 

 

The bartender was already worried, that’s why she had to report it Gaeun. He immediately told it to his manager and the manager told it to Gaeun. As soon as it was reported to her sister, her sister immediately went to the bar and she was accompanied by Hyewon.

 

 

“Eunbi!”

 

 

“Unnieeeee!” wow, drunk Eunbi is hyper. She then stood up and was about to fall but Gaeun already helped her. “Unnieee!” she said then she hugged her sister.

 

 

“Hey. Why did you drink? Are you alright?” Gaeun asked worriedly, Eunbi might have been drunk but she still understood her sister. With her slurred voice, she nodded and replied, “I’m fine unnie” she said that with her eyes closed that’s why she hasn’t knew of Hyewon’s presence yet who was silently watching them.

 

 

And when Eunbi opened her eyes, she let go of her sister and pointed at Hyewon, “YOU!”

 

 

“What did you do to me?!” she shouted at Hyewon who was dumbfounded at what was just happening.

 

 

“Huh?” was the only thing Hyewon could have said at the moment as she didn’t know Eunbi was talking about.

 

Eunbi then went near her and then, and she was about to fall down but Hyewon was there to assist her, “Kang Hyewon you!”

 

 

“I know I called the engagement off!” she punched Hyewon’s chest softly and Gaeun was about to pull Eunbi away when Hyewon halted her, “…but how dare you replace my place already! That fast?! And have you forgotten what you said to me before we parted?! That day?! Why did you say that?! How do you know of that?! There’s only one who calls me that and-----” Before Eunbi could finish what she could say, she passed out on Hyewon’s arms.

 

 

Hyewon looked at Gaeun and Gaeun’s face was looking for answers, but she sighed, “I don’t know what happened, but may I ask you for a favor?”

 

 

Hyewon nodded, “Can you take her home for now? Dad wouldn’t be pleased seeing my sister like this as he’s still mad at her for calling off the engagement, is that possible?”

 

 

Hyewon took her time to answer that’s why Gaeun thought it wasn’t a nice favor after all so, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked for that favor, Can you just help me take her-----”

 

 

“No, no. I’ll take her home” Hyewon interjected Gaeun.

 

 

Gaeun stared at her before saying “Are you sure? Or you’re just being overly nice like how usually you are?”

 

 

“Not to be assuming, but this was maybe my fault, she got this drunk maybe because of me. I’ll take responsibility unnie” she said with finality in her tone. This was maybe the first time Gaeun heard this kind of voice when talking with Hyewon, she was always the bubbly person she is.

 

 

Gaeun then nodded, “Please take care of my sister then”

 

 

Hyewon then smiled and said, “As always”

 

 

Gaeun felt like she had a lot to do because of just what happened, she sighed before going in of her office and the first thing she heard was her little sister with Yujin, “Eunbi-unnie’n?”

 

 

“She’s fine, I had Hyewon take her home” she replied to Minjoo as she sat down on her hair.

 

 

“Eh?”

 

 

“It’s better have her taken away from here, If father happens to know what happened, He might just get mad at her more than he already is, I already talked to the employees at the bar and the manager to say nothing, but I can’t talk to everyone as the other people here are loyal to Dad, you know that Minjoo” she explained thoroughly, and then she looked at Yujin, “Yujin, you’re to stay here until you’re sister tells you to go home” Yujin then nodded. 

 

 

Hyewon carried Eunbi to her bedroom and tucked her to sleep, and she was about to walk out of the door when Eunbi spoke, “Kang Hyewon” and that made her to where Eunbi is sleeping again.

 

“You call for me when you’re not aware” she then caressed Eunbi’s hair, “but I wish, you yearn for me when I’m just there” she was saying she wished that Eunbi would call for her like this even if she’s awake, which is kind of impossible in their state of relationship.

 

 

She kept on caressing Eunbi’s hair and she was staring at her peaceful face until she saw Eunbi’s eyes open slowly, she didn’t know if she’s aware of what’s happening or she’s just opening her eyes unconsciously, so she called for her, “Eunbi” but she didn’t receive reply at all. “Eunbi” she called again but there was no reaction at all, and so she was about to stand up when she felt a grip on her hand so she looked back just to feel a soft feeling on her lips, Eunbi was kissing her, her eyes widened, and even before she could react, Eunbi fell back on her bed again, like nothing happened. She then went out of her room, feeling hot. She went to the kitchen and drank water to cool of her system, or maybe her heart.

 

 

She then just sat on her sofa and stared at nothing as she was thinking.

 

 

Morning then came and Eunbi woke up with severe headache because of the drinks she had, she looked around and she felt unfamiliarity in the room. She went out of the room and went straight to the kitchen as she smelled something.

 

 

She was still trying to open her eyes so she didn’t know who the person who has back on her was, and when she realized who that was, “Hyewon?!” she shouted but then she had to hold back again as she felt a head ache.

 

 

“You’re awake, come and sit. This is about to be done” she said then she ushered Eunbi to her sit as Eunbi had no intention of walking to her sit.

 

 

Eunbi then looked at her suspiciously, “If you’re wondering why, how in the hell you’re here in my house, I’ll answer everything after you eat” and then Hyewon presented Eunbi food for her hungover. Eunbi was about to say something when Hyewon cut her off, “Before you even try to reject the food I gave, think about how your hungover” Hyewon said and Eunbi thought that Hyewon had a point so she started eating, and Hyewon was about to leave when Eunbi asked, “Where are you going?”

 

 

“You want me here?” Hyewon asked.

 

 

“I don’t hate you, Kang Hyewon. So sit in front of me and eat with me” she said, and Hyewon was about to talk again when Eunbi spoke, “Now”

 

 

“Yes ma’am” Hyewon said and went to get her food. They ate without anyone speaking, people might find it awkward but Hyewon was fine with it. Their peaceful time was cut when Hyewon’s phone rung so she stood up, and before going away she told Eunbi, “After you’re done eating, you can borrow some of my clothes, and for you underwear, I bought you some last night, it’s on the table inside my room. You can also take a bath, well you should” she said then she left not waiting for Eunbi’s answer, and Eunbi was like “Okay?”

 

 

She listened to Hyewon’s words, she took a bath and took some of Hyewon’s clothes. She then out of the room while using the towel to dry her hair, and she saw Hyewon was still on her phone.

 

 

“No, I’m fine Yujin, yes. yes, everything was alright. How about you?......” and so on, she left as she didn’t want to eavesdrop.

 

 

Yujin’s the name huh? she told herself. After a while, Hyewon saw her in the living room and told her sorry, “Sorry that took long, wait a minute, I’ll just get ready, and I’ll take you to the hotel” she then and left as soon as she saw Eunbi nod.

 

 

The ride to the hotel was full of silence even Hyewon wanted otherwise, but she wanted to wait for Eunbi to talk and might as well warm up to her presence, they still haven’t talked about last night, if Eunbi remembers what happened or not, so she just kept mum about it.

 

 

As they arrived Hyewon immediately went out of her seat and went to the other door, she opened it for Eunbi, and Eunbi timidly thanked Hyewon for it, Hyewon just smiled back at her. Hyewon then checked her phone and seems like she missed a call from her father that’s why she called him again, and she was then told that she was needed.

 

 

Eunbi was silently waiting for the call to end, so she was just there standing, and Hyewon spoke, “seems like I have to leave now, Please do tell Gaeun and Minjoo I said, Hi” she was about to open the door to her car when she felt a hand on her wrist, and it was Eunbi.

 

 

“Once again, Thank you and I’m sorry for the trouble” she said to Hyewon.

 

 

Hyewon then smiled at her and said, “It’s fine, you weren’t a trouble at all. I’m glad to be of help……” Hyewon whispered the last words and once again, Eunbi was taken aback and before she could even respond, Hyewon already was gone.

 

 

What she didn’t know was that she was holding her breath as she heard those words again. She then breathed out and stared at Hyewon’s leaving car, Kang Hyewon.

 

 

“Gaeun-unnie” she said as soon as she arrived at her sister’s office.

 

 

“Oh you’ve arrived, Hyewon?” Gaeun asked as she saw Eunbi was alone.

 

 

Eunbi then sat at the sofa and said, “She had to leave as soon as she brought me here, unnie” Gaeun then just nodded. “Unnie” Eunbi called for Gaeun again.

 

 

“Hmm?”

 

 

“Why did you do that?”

 

 

“Do what?” she asked but she already know what Eunbi was asking about.

 

 

Eunbi looked at her like she’s telling her not to act dumb, “What? You want dad to know what you just did? Getting drunk and….”

 

 

Eunbi got her attention caught as she knew about herself getting drunk, but there’s something more? “What did I do rather than getting drunk?”

 

 

Gaeun then dropped the papers she was holding and then, “I don’t know what happened that day, but you started pointing at her you punched her chest, well softly and then said things about whatever she said”

 

 

Eunbi then grimaced, and then she facepalmed afterwards, “Oh God, that’s----”

 

 

“Embarrassing, yes I know.  So now sis, tell me what really happened!” Gaeun said but Eunbi shook her and she stood up.

 

 

“Hey where are you going?”

 

 

Not looking back at her sister, she answered, “Home, I need sleep!” and then she eventually went out of the room.

 

 

Gaeun sighed, “Why is she making me curious than how I already am? That girl, secretive as ever” and so she continued to work.

 

 

She said she wanted so sleep but here she is rolling on her bed like a madman, “Let me sleep!” she pleaded, and then she rolled again, and then she fell from her bed. “Ack!” and then she rubbed her bottom as it hurt when she fell. She then just eventually laid on the floor.

 

 

“Unnie, what are you doing?” Minjoo went to her sister’s room as she heard the noise and she arrived to Eunbi on the floor.

 

 

“Nothing” she then stood up and pushed her sister out of her room while saying, “I know you have a lot to do, so go and finish it, you can come here when you’re done” she said not waiting for Minjoo to talk, and she closed the door.

 

 

“Goodness gracious, what is happening to me!” Minjoo was still outside of the door that’s why she heard her sister, and was shocked when she heard it.

 

 

“uh weird” she said then she went to her room.

 

 

Hyewon then fetched her sister at the hotel as soon as she finished what her father told her to do, Yujin was then eyeing Hyewon like a hawk.

 

 

“Just ask” she said to Yujin, because she knows that her sister is curious by nature, she was probably itching to ask questions but she’s restraining herself.

 

 

“So? What happened unnie?”

 

 

“Nothing special, she slept in my room and I didn’t sleep after she kissed me”

 

 

Yujin nodded, “Oh so that happened” there was long silence before Yujin finally processed, “She kissed you??!!!” in a loud voice.

 

 

Hyewon shrugged, “She unconsciously did it though”

 

 

“So? Did you tell her?”

 

 

“huh? of course not, she’ll be uncomfortable about it!”

 

 

“But how about you—”

 

 

“Just listen, let’s say Minjoo kissed you because she was drunk and she wasn’t aware, Would you inform her of what she did because you were considering yourself? I repeat Yujin she didn’t know what she was doing and I won’t be selfish of that” Hyewon explained and Yujin did shut up after she heard those.

 

 

“You’re too nice for your own good unnie.” Is what she just said and then Hyewon smiled at her.

 

 

 Eunbi then heard a knock on her door, “Come in” she thought it was Minjoo but it was Gaeun.

 

 

“How are you feeling?” Gaeun asked her.

 

 

She took her time to answer, “I…. I don’t know unnie” she looked up to her sister and Gaeun went to her and hugged her. “Unnie, I’ll tell you everything now” she said.

 

 

Gaeun released her from the hug and looked at Eunbi, “Are you sure with that?” she asked then Eunbi nodded.

 

 

“You guys asked me if Sian had something to do with my decision concerning the engagement” she said and she looked at Gaeun, who told her to go on, “You guys got it right”

 

“Unnie, you knew how hard it was for me to trust after what she or they did to me, but also there’s something else I haven’t told you, I loved Sian but there was someone else”

 

 

“Are you telling me you’ve met someone while you were in a relationship?” Gaeun asked.

 

 

Eunbi shook her head, “No unnie”

 

 

“Then what do you mean?”

 

 

“We didn’t meet, you remember the letters unnie?”

 

 

Gaeun nodded, “Yes, the one you told me that was just nothing?”

 

 

“It wasn’t nothing unnie, those letters are special to me” she said then she started to tell the story.

 

Flashback…

 

Her and Sian’s relationship was getting sour already as she felt like she was being neglected most of the time, They started getting in a relationship as her father and Sian’s father were bestfriends, and they were arranged in a marriage that time, of course she didn’t like it but then Sian showed her that she’s genuine to her, eventually she fell inlove with her.  

 

 

Between the times in their relationship, everytime she they fight and she gets sad. There always would be a letter sent to her locker, she was weirded by that fact at first, but then she got used to it, and she even started looking forward to the letter.

 

 

To.. --------

            The frown doesn’t suit your beautiful face, Eunbi. Smile, that would suit you more
                                    Have a nice day!

 

There were a lot of letters like this one, where the anonymous sender would always ask her to smile. She kept all of them, and then one day, Sian found out about it and she confronted Eunbi about it.

 

 

“What are there? Are you cheating behind my back?” Sian was enraged by the fact that Eunbi kept those letters when she could have just thrown it away like how she usually does with her admirers.

 

 

“Babe, it’s not what you think!” she said to Sian. Sian left her alone to cry at that moment.

 

 

A few days have passed and Sian already spoke to Eunbi again like nothing happened. They didn’t talk about it like a normal couple would and Sian just told Eunbi to forget about what happened as she was just stressed about something her father told her.

 

 

As usual there was a letter on her locker, and she got it from there and hid it when Sian wasn’t looking. She read once Sian went away for class that time, but it wasn’t like the other letters she had received.

 

 

To; --------

                        Are you really happy with Sian? There are still things you don’t know Eunbi. 
                                    Again, smile a lot more, I hope you to be always happy, my amethyst.

 

And that was the letter. She felt weird about it, and it was the only thing she was thinking the whole day.

 

 

“Babe” Sian called for her as they were already at their house, but Eunbi was still out of herself, “Babe!” Sian called for her again, and then thankfully this time she heard Sian.

 

 

“Oh sorry, was thinking of something” Eunbi said and then they went out of the car.

 

 

They both was welcomed by the maids and they both smiled at them, and then they went to Eunbi’s room. “Do you want something?” She asked Sian who was sitting on her bed.

 

 

“Anything would be fine babe” Sian replied as she was texting on her phone.

 

 

“I’ll be back then” she said then went out of her room.

 

 

Eunbi then got a tray of food for them and she was outside of the room, she was about to push the door when she heard Sian talking on the phone.

 

 

“Eunbi? We’re fine dad.” she smiled as she was the one Sian and her dad were talking about. “Yes, of course. She’s still in love with me as ever dad.” / “Yes, yes I’m keeping her in check.” / “No,no, don’t worry about business dad, She won’t fall out of love of me any day----”

 

Her eyes widened of what she heard and she was shaking that she dropped the tray with the food, the glasses were then broken and some of the broken glass pierced the skin on her legs but she couldn’t care less. She just found out that all along the girl she loved with all her heart was just using her for money.

 

 

Sian then went out of the room when she heard the noise, and then when she saw Eunbi standing in front of the door, she tried to form words, “Babe” and she was about to hold Eunbi’s hands when Eunbi slapped her face.

 

 

“You dare call me that?! How dare you!”

 

 

“Let me explain first!”

 

 

“There’s nothing to explain, I heard everything!”

 

 

“Eunbi please!” Sian pleaded but Eunbi’s heart was already full of anger.

 

 

“GET OUT!” she shouted. Sian still tried to hold her but she shouted, “GET THE HELL OUT!!!”

 

 

Gaeun then went out of her room as she heard the commotion, she was still sleepy, “What is happe----- Oh God, Eunbi” she then went to assist her sister. She looked at Sian, and asked, “What happened?”

 

 

“Unnie, I’m sorry”

 

 

“What? What are you sorry for?” she asked as she don’t get what’s happening.

 

 

She then just saw Eunbi cry, “I---I’m sorry” said Sian.

 

 

Gaeun went to hug Eunbi, “Please go away” she pleaded to Sian.

 

 

Gaeun looked at Sian, and said. “Go home for now, Let’s talk about what happened once she’s okay” and Sian complied.

 

 

Eunbi’s dad found out what happened, and he was enraged about it. He broke of the friendship he had with his bestfriend because of that, also he pulled out his investment out of his company that made some downfall to his bestfriend’s business, but He didn’t do anything more as he didn’t want to stoop that low with their level.

 

 

Gaeun then confronted Sian as she went to their school, and told her not to show her face to Eunbi anymore. Sian’s father sent her abroad and ever since that day, they heard no news of her.

 

 

Also, one letter came to Eunbi one day.

 

To; --------

            I’m sorry, you got hurt and I’m sorry I can’t be there for you in those times, but I hope you find happiness in time.

                        I love you, my amethyst

 

Eunbi cried as she read the letter, It was the last letter she received from the sender.

 

End of Flashback.

 

 

“We were already unhappy that time, but I held on the fact that I still loved Sian. Those letters just have been a great help to me unnie” she said.

 

 

“And ever since then, you closed you heart to anyone else, I don’t blame you though”

 

 

“I don’t know why Dad did that when he knew what already happened before, and I just don’t believe and I found it hard to trust unnie”

 

 

“But what about Hyewon?” Gaeun asked and Eunbi stayed silent. “Did you really not develop any feelings for her?”

 

 

Eunbi looked at the ground, and opened but she closed it again, “So you did” Gaeun said it for her, and Gaeun was ready that Eunbi was going to deny, but she didn’t.

 

 

“She was really nice to me over the years we’ve been together and all I did was neglect her, I felt guilty about that but I had to guard my heart first”

 

 

“Is that why you called off the engagement?” Gaeun asked and Eunbi nodded.

 

 

“Unnie, there’s something I have to tell you, that day I called the engagement off, she….”

 

 

“She what?”

 

 

“She called me ---------”

 

 

Gaeun’s eyes widened and asked her sister, “Are you sure?”

 

 

Eunbi nodded and that night, Gaeun continued to accompany Eunbi.

 

 

“Everything aside, your birthday is in three days. What do you want? Tell me”

 

 

“Anything would be fine, unnie.” Eunbi replied to her sister.

 

 

“She’s going to be there, Are you going to be fine?” she was asked by her sister.

 

 

Eunbi looked at her sister weirdly, “Why wouldn’t I be?”

 

 

Look at this girl acting like she did not tell me an entire story which involved Hyewon. “Nothing, nevermind my question. Aren’t you sleepy? Let’s sleep” and that’s the first time in 10 years that she and her sister slept together.

 

“Weird” she whispered but Gaeun heard it and was about to retaliate, but Eunbi was already hugging her sister on her bed and was already ready to sleep.

 

 

You’re the who’s weird sister. Tss. Sort your feelings girl. This was Gaeun’s thoughts before going to sleep.  

 

 

“Unnie” Yujin was handing a purple envelope to Hyewon.

 

 

Hyewon was sipping her coffee when she received, “What is it?”

 

 

Yujin shrugged, “Molla”

 

 

Hyewon then opened it while saying, “If it’s purple, then this is surely about Eunbi.” Yujin was just looking at her while she said that.

 

 

“What’s it about unnie?”

 

 

Hyewon finally opened it and read it, “It’s about Eunbi’s birthday happening tomorrow?!!! What?!” she acted like she was shocked at what she saw.

 

 

“and you didn’t know?!” her sister was as well as shocked at her sister because it’s impossible for her sister to forget that kind of thing.

 

Hyewon then looked at her wide-eyed like she was panicking and then a little moment afterwards she said, “No, I’m kidding. What do you take me for, I’ve been in love with her since we were in college, could I possibly forget? Never” She told her sister and she grinned at her.

 

 

Yujin then rolled her eyes at her sister and punched her afterwards. “Unnie!”

 

 

Hyewon who was in pain as Yujin punched her stomach, just laughed at Yujin. “Good morning lil sis!”

 

 

Yujin then showed her middle finger at her sister causing Hyewon to laugh more. What a good morning indeed.

 

 

“What are you giving Eunbi unnie, then?” Yujin said as they settled down.

 

 

“Myself!”

 

 

Yujin scoffed at her sister, “Sure”

 

 

“What? I’m Kang Hyewon, there are a lot of people who would love to have me” she smugly told her sister but her sister scoffed at her once again, Hyewon snickered at her sister’s reaction, “It’s a letter, actually”

 

 

“A letter?” Yujin then just looked at her sister because, “Would that suffice?”

 

 

“Trust me, sis” and then she winked at her little sister.

 

 

Eunbi’s Birthday Celebration.

 

If she was younger than she is, she would be happy with this kind of event but ever since she got older, her birthday was just one of those days for her. It wasn’t really a birthday, just a platform for business persons to be exact. Their dad does it for them, Gaeun, hers and Minjoo. Their father would require them to socialize with other people, that’s why she’s roaming around now greeting people who came to her birthday celebration.

 

 

Gaeun then saved from long talks by whispering “Just go sit, rest, I’ll be handling everything now”

 

 

“Thank you unnie” Gaeun just smiled at her, “Ah, Minjoo?” Gaeun then pointed at somewhere and she followed her sister’s hands, rather than looking at Minjoo, her eyes landed on the person who was just beside Minjoo who was talking to Yujin. Their eyes met and Hyewon smiled at her, She was probably about to go to her, but she was cornered by some business people, Eunbi silently thanked that person, and she sighed.

 

 

“Eunbi?” Gaeun called for her, and she knows why.

 

 

“I’ll go upstairs unnie, don’t look for me” she said then she went away.

 

 

She then went to the balcony upstairs and stared at the ocean, their house was built there as per her father’s request. She then rubbed her shoulders as she felt the cold breeze. She then felt warm as she felt some kind of cloth covered her upper body.

 

 

She was about to look behind her when she heard the voice, “Why are you doing alone here, It’s your birthday” it was Hyewon.

 

 

Hyewon stood beside her and they looked at each other, they kept eye contact until Eunbi decided to look at the ocean again, “Birthday my , more like a conference for business people” she replied. “Besides, parties like this aren’t my thing” she continued to say.

 

 

Hyewon chuckled, “I see, I don’t like this kind of parties too, I really don’t like socializing that much” she said that made Eunbi look at her.

 

 

“No way” she said because she has seen how good Hyewon is at handling people.

 

 

Hyewon shook her head, “It’s all for show, and in our line of career, there’s no way I’d show my introverted self” she explained herself.

 

 

“I see” Eunbi replied and there was long silence after that.

 

 

Until Eunbi decided to talk, “Wouldn’t your fiancé be mad that you’re talking to me?”

 

 

Hyewon then looked at Eunbi with furrowed forehead, “Fiancé?”

 

“Yes”

 

 

Hyewon was still confused as to what Eunbi was talking about, “Which one? The last time remember my fiancé asked for us to break up?”

 

 

“Kang Hyewon, I’m not kidding” said Eunbi with authority.

 

 

Hyewon just looked at Eunbi and answered with the same intensity, “I’m serious Eunbi, What are you talking about?”

 

 

“Then who’s the one you were with? What? just your girlfriend then?”

 

 

“What? Who?------” and Hyewon then realized who Eunbi was talking about and causing her to laugh out loud.

 

 

Eunbi was a bit insulted because of this, “Ya, why are you laughing?”

 

 

“I, Sorry. Wait a minute” she then turned around to contain herself. “I’m sorry”

 

 

“Now that I thought of it, I haven’t introduced Yujin to you right? Should I introduce her to you then, let’s go?”

 

 

“No thank you, I don’t want to” She said as she felt irritated once again, Tsk, I really don’t know why I’m getting irritated about it.

 

 

Hyewon chuckled, “I don’t know why you think that Yujin is my fiancé, you think I can forget about you that easy? And have you forgotten what I just told you that day? You amuse me Eunbi, you should already know what I feel about you”

 

 

Eunbi didn’t know what happened but she felt hot after she heard those words.

 

 

“Eunbi, for once and for all, Yujin is my little sister” Eunbi was then just dumbfounded of what she heard, “and oh, Yujin likes Minjoo by the way”

 

 

Eunbi didn’t even think about what Hyewon said last as she felt embarrassed about what she just knew, and then maybe because she already found out why was she irritated everytime she sees Hyewon with Yujin. I was ing jealous, Oh God.

 

 

She flinched when she felt Hyewon’s hand on her shoulder, “Hey are you alright?”

 

 

“Y-yes, I’m fine” she then chuckled, and Hyewon looked at her, “I can’t believe I got jealous of your sister” she said, but then she looked at Hyewon who was wide eyes because of what she heard, well she was wide-eyes too, because she didn’t really plan to say it out loud in the first place.

 

 

“I- I- . ” she cursed as she was embarrassed and Hyewon laughed at her.

 

 

She then covered her face and Hyewon just held her hand and took it away from her face but she looked away. “Hey, can you get the letter on my coat” Eunbi was a bit reluctant on doing it but she did it.

 

 

She got it and was about to hand it to Hyewon when Hyewon told her, “Open it, it’s my gift”

 

 

Eunbi then opened it and read the contents and looked at Hyewon, speechless again.

 

 

To; ---------

                        Happiest Birthday to the most beautiful person on earth. I hope you’re doing well.

                                                Hello again, my amethyst

 

“I assume I gave you a hard time this past few days” Hyewon said looking at Eunbi who was speechless but wasn’t as shocked as she expected.

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me from the beginning?” Eunbi asked.

 

 

Hyewon smiled at her, “Because I want you to fall in love with me because I’m Kang Hyewon and not the person who gave you letters”

 

 

Eunbi looked at her in the eye and said, “Hyewon, you’re the kind person people easily can fall inlove with”

 

 

“And are you one of them?”

 

“Does it matter?” Eunbi asked.

 

 

“Of course, it does, you matter the most to me Kwon Eunbi” and she stared at Eunbi who was just staring the same.

 

 

“You’re a very nice person Hyewon” she paused, and then finally said, “you’re a person I would easily fall in love with”

 

 

Hyewon smiled at her widely, “As a courtesy of a nice person, I’d be giving you back something you gave me”

 

 

“and that is?” Eunbi asked.

 

 

Eunbi then felt a soft feeling on her lips, her eyes widened but then she closed her eyes and kissed Hyewon back. She held onto Hyewon’s clothes while Hyewon cupped her cheeks. Their forehead was still together when Hyewon pulled away, their eyes were closed still and they were catching their breath.

 

 

Eunbi spoke, “I have one more wish” she said then she felt Hyewon nod, “Tell me then”

 

 

“Please tell me the words you told me that day, I want to hear them again” and she opened her eyes as they were setting apart each other. She watched how Hyewon’s eyes were still closed and how a smile slowly formed on her face.

 

 

Hyewon slowly opened her eyes and said the words Eunbi was wishing for.

 

 

“I love you, my amethyst”